4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-08-26, 11:40   Link #61
Ichigo91
Dharma Institute

Why couldn't erwin's team wait on the trees until the person in the female's titan get out of it? wouldn't they be quite safe on those huge trees against the titan's that ate her body?
Old 2013-08-26, 11:54   Link #62
JamJackEvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo91 View Post
Why couldn't erwin's team wait on the trees until the person in the female's titan get out of it? wouldn't they be quite safe on those huge trees against the titan's that ate her body?
The steam, dude. The steam. It lowered visibility so much that escaping right from under the team's noses would be a freakin' cakewalk.

Plus, how can anyone ensure that the Titans wouldn't eat the person inside FT as well?
JamJackEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 12:33   Link #63
taichi-kun

Right now I'm rooting for the female Titan,so badass.
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 17:25   Link #64
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

oh gawd..... what a way to end an episode...

that's an epic cliffhanger, dude!!! who the heck is that smart assassin?!?! overtaking and outsmarting a whole troops by himself/herself

and Erwin just shows his awesome deduction and mentality.... seems like Armin can succeed him
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 17:37   Link #65
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
Right now I'm rooting for the female Titan,so badass.
I hope if they will manage to capture her, they'll cut her hands, tie her arms on her back and feed to the Titans she adore so much... Traitors must die the gruesomest way....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 19:05   Link #66
Alddous

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
oh gawd..... what a way to end an episode...

that's an epic cliffhanger, dude!!! who the heck is that smart assassin?!?! overtaking and outsmarting a whole troops by himself/herself

and Erwin just shows his awesome deduction and mentality.... seems like Armin can succeed him

Well, to be very fair, the Female Titan IS gigantic, can regenerate her body parts, and possessed multiple abilities that the Recon squad had no idea she was capable of, such as commanding other titans, being intelligent, and also that she had access to military gear. With such overwhelming advantages, it's sort of hard not to think she would easily trick them.
Alddous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 22:05   Link #67
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I hope if they will manage to capture her, they'll cut her hands, tie her arms on her back and feed to the Titans she adore so much... Traitors must die the gruesomest way....
Well, if she's been a titan the whole time, she's not really a traitor, is she? More of a spy/infiltrator/saboteur, really. You wouldn't charge a Russian spy in the US with treason if he was a born Russian, after all.
Sute443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 23:38   Link #68
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post
Well, if she's been a titan the whole time, she's not really a traitor, is she? More of a spy/infiltrator/saboteur, really. You wouldn't charge a Russian spy in the US with treason if he was a born Russian, after all.
Death due to betrayal of trust might be good reason?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 09:58   Link #69
Tidezen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Yeah this is one of those shows where you're probably better off watching it when it's all said and done, instead of waiting seven days to see the plot progress an inch further each time for 235 days.
(wall of text incoming, sorry)

Yeah, I've seen this happen so very many times before, where people keep complaining about pacing this, padding that, OMG why are they going so slow...

People. It is your own psychology which is making you fault a story's pacing, not the story itself. It is your own brain that is screwing you over in terms of enjoying a story much less than you could have been.

Myself, I hadn't heard of this series until recently, hadn't heard any hype about it, just some random person's sig on another forum prompted me to look it up. So I came in completely fresh.

Watched the first episode, kept watching...straight through to 19 (had to take a break for food and sleep somewhere in there). After that, picked up the manga immediately (just had to find out who that female titan was). Read that all the way to 47.

So, I just recently watched the whole anime from start to present as one big, six hour OVA. And I had no manga spoilers, nor forum speculation, nor time to think and reflect between episodes.

I can promise you, if you had watched it that way, the story moves FAST. There are so many twists and turns along the way, that even when there are whole episodes of non-action, it's almost a relief. You start to feel like the characters themselves do, that you don't even want any more action, that you just want to figure out what the hell is going on.

When you stretch a story out over months, what I just watched in hours, well, no shit, there are going to be parts that feel slow. And when you watch a 15-20 minute long clip, then go to a forum of other rabid fans frothing all sorts of ideas left and right, and get to think about every single detail for an entire week, then no shit, the story will get more stale, more quickly (because you'll figure out a lot of stuff beforehand).

Well, now, I'm in your same boat...I can either pounce on every little tidbit, week by week (or month by month in the manga's case), dissect it to all hell, chew on it like a piece of gum until it's lost its flavor...or, I can stop. Walk away from it. Try to forget about it, go do some other things for maybe a year or two. Not because I don't like the story, but because I love it. Because I want it to feel special, I want it to feel fresh and spectacular, I want it to keep feeling as amazing as it did when I first walked into this world.

Myself, I'm sticking around until the end of this season. The manga's only going to advance one or two chapters in that time, and I'll read those too. After that, I'm gone for at least a year. It is entirely worth it to wait that long, so that when I come back, I can see a huge chunk of the story as it was meant to be seen/read.

The simple truth is, creating a story takes a whole lot longer than consuming it, no matter what medium one is working in. It's like growing a vegetable in your garden...you have to give it that time, that season to grow, and ripen. Otherwise it's your own fault for snatching half-formed tomatoes off the vine, and complaining how small and bitter they are. Well again, no shit.

tl;dr that's the problem, spans of attention.
Tidezen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 11:06   Link #70
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Well, we know that won't happen, since they want to capture her alive for information and interrogation.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 10:36   Link #71
Iron Maw
Banned

I'm not too surprised that Female Titan would escape, but the way it happen was not how I expected it at all. Whoever is in there is very clever girl, but Erwin doesn't look like he's given up just quite yet. I also like the speculation/explanation on how Erwin manage such a plan despite such high risk. The Recon Corps made no mistakes here, some times bad things just happen even with best laid plans.

Very nice episode (despite some stills).

EDIT: Something else to note, the FT's roar and other Titans reactions to it is very consistent with what happened back in Trost when Eren did, interesting.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2013-08-29 at 13:13.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 17:02   Link #72
Bombo
TSF Fans

I'm repeat the scene many times when titans rushing to the female...I love the animation .
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 18:25   Link #73
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

So we all know that unless there is a timeskip, cartoon characters never change their clothes. Are they any significant characters that wear a dark brown shirt (with no buttons)? I'm trying to figure out who the assailant is.

The only person I could find is Connie (maybe the shadows in the forest make his shirt darker) but it can;t be him because he's always genuinely scared and we have gotten too many internal monologues from him.
Old 2013-09-01, 03:27   Link #74
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Japanese fans love overseas viewers reaction of the episode.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-09-02, 20:05   Link #75
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Erwin Smith. 57th Expedition Beyond the Walls - Part 4

Another 100 score grade in a row.

Shingeki no Kyojin never ceases to amaze me when pulling out a new twist just when one believes the adrenaline, roller-coaster ride has subsided.

Back in episode thirteenth, Dot Pixis suspected, and that suspicions was what I wanted to comment upon but couldn't at the time due that it would have been seen as a potential spoiler back then.

There's no need to hide it anymore, since Levi's squad and Armin took alternate turns to disclose the truth: There's an infiltrator (mole or rat in the nest) in the Survey Corps that came undetected after the fall of Wall Maria.

The reason as to why Levi wouldn't trust to explain the details of capturing the Female Titan to his squad so as to narrow down suspect possibilities.

Now, something that particularly makes Shingeki no Kyojin stronger than Claymore in terms of comparative advantage is the fact that the paranoia, feeling of distrust, and conspiracy theory environment is overwhelming and dooming the protagonists.
This isn't so much the case for the Claymore characters due to being capable of sensing Yoma and AB's, unless AB like the Abyssals, for example, are masters at cloaking their yoki to move undetected.

In Shingeki no Kyojin the characters all are regular humans against giants, and now we have infiltrators amongst the population capable of turning into intelligent Titans at will.
And, the particular infiltrator who murdered Gunther is the secret character inside the Female Titan who again buckles up to go after Eren for undisclosed reasons.

Simply put, the feeling of being disoriented and not knowing what's happening as you're in any other place all isolated and without news of what's happening in the outside it eats at your psyche and sanity.
Many of the newbies were feeling the effects as they continued standing guard outside the forest, baiting the Titans.

Then, the Female Titan puts on the last resort with her feral scream, a cold scream of anguish piercing through the soul, calling all Titans to devour her, which begs another question that surely has been added into the FAQ section since a week ago.

It became frustrating that after all those sacrifices incurred and reaching this far capturing the female Titan, then things plummet before Erwins' eyes and is forced to call quits. Yet, it is far from over with the infiltrator back to human form stalking one-by-one Levi's squad in order to get to Eren.

Kudos goes to Sasha with her excellent intuition at figuring out the meaning of the scream, and her feral gestures denoting raging fear at the extreme.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 20:13   Link #76
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Japanese fans love overseas viewers reaction of the episode.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
"dat ass man" lmao
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote