AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-09-28, 16:17   Link #1
Silqthashakka
Riff

Question Kimimaro dying from Illness? WTF?!

I thinks its interesting how of all the character we've seen in the Narutoverse, the only one that has died from an Illness is Kimimaro. Now if it was anyone else, I would have been able to accept it but not Kimimaro!!

I know that this is way in the past and off topic fromt he current manga and anime but it really doesn't make much sense! Kimimaro has the abilities to pull bones out of his body and retract them back in and what not. Now I know when someone suffers a compound fracture (broken bone penetrates the skin) there is a severe risk of infection. Kimimaro never had a problem with this. This menas that this guy must of had an extremely resilient Immune system. Hence, I think its kinda weird that he died from Illness. Maybe it was something Genetic, I don't know, but I guess I just gotta look at it as a plot device...
Silqthashakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 16:49   Link #2
Yellow Flash
Banned

I believe Kabuto poisoned Kimimaro, for the same reason he wanted to kill Sasuke.
Yellow Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 17:10   Link #3
DAmer
Hokage

Maybe Kimimaro had cancer or something.
DAmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 17:34   Link #4
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silqthashakka
I thinks its interesting how of all the character we've seen in the Narutoverse, the only one that has died from an Illness is Kimimaro. Now if it was anyone else, I would have been able to accept it but not Kimimaro!!

I know that this is way in the past and off topic fromt he current manga and anime but it really doesn't make much sense! Kimimaro has the abilities to pull bones out of his body and retract them back in and what not. Now I know when someone suffers a compound fracture (broken bone penetrates the skin) there is a severe risk of infection. Kimimaro never had a problem with this. This menas that this guy must of had an extremely resilient Immune system. Hence, I think its kinda weird that he died from Illness. Maybe it was something Genetic, I don't know, but I guess I just gotta look at it as a plot device...
Actually it was quite ironic. It was a disease that was unique to his clan, specifically. But since they are all dead, so is the information kabuto needed to heal kimi.

Thats probably why he was one of the few people to die of a disease.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 17:51   Link #5
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Flash
I believe Kabuto poisoned Kimimaro, for the same reason he wanted to kill Sasuke.
I agree for the Kimmimaro part. I find it strange that someone of Kabuto's talent (who easily rival that of Tsunade) couldn't do anything to save Kimmimaro; yet he could kept him alive indefinitely until he used mind games to let him go after Sasuke.
Old 2006-09-28, 17:55   Link #6
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Quote:
Actually it was quite ironic. It was a disease that was unique to his clan, specifically. But since they are all dead, so is the information kabuto needed to heal kimi.
Nope when looking at the manga/anime this is a plot device if anything.

Orochimaru has the power to raise the dead and extract whatever information he wants from them.

Kabuto is unrivalled in the use of corpses and could easily get whatever stuff he wants from them (ie if this was really a disease unique to the clan, he had all the test data he need to do his experiments and what not).

Based on this and other subtle hints shown, it is very possible that Kabuto played a major role in Kimmimaro's demise. Bear in mind too that there is no mention of Orochimaru using his jutsus to get more information for Kabuto which in itself is awkward since he had plans to use Kimmimaro's body.
Old 2006-09-28, 18:02   Link #7
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax
Nope when looking at the manga/anime this is a plot device if anything.

Orochimaru has the power to raise the dead and extract whatever information he wants from them.

Kabuto is unrivalled in the use of corpses and could easily get whatever stuff he wants from them (ie if this was really a disease unique to the clan, he had all the test data he need to do his experiments and what not).
This seems a tad shaky. If this were true, he could revive even the 4th, obtaining his jutsu. He could possibly revive the 3rd, or any nin. This is pretty tough to argue that he coulda done this or not. Same with Kabuto.

Perhaps they would have to revive a doctor from his clan, where would he even start trying to find one. randomly raise all the dead and ask them if they were a doctor. Does he even know where any of them are buried, maybe they were all burned as implied in the anime, so he couldnt anyways.

In the manga, it did say it was a rare disease from his clan right? And was implied they couldnt cure it because they had no information on it. Oro admits he wanted kimi more than sasuke, so its hard to believe he didnt do everything in his power...
Old 2006-09-28, 18:12   Link #8
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Quote:
This seems a tad shaky. If this were true, he could revive even the 4th, obtaining his jutsu. He could possibly revive the 3rd, or any nin. This is pretty tough to argue that he coulda done this or not. Same with Kabuto.
He needs the soul to revive the body which is kind of hard to do if the soul is in the Death God's stomach (if you care to believe that theory). Now we know that the Death God Seal wasn't used on Kimmimaro's clan therefore Orochimaru could had rezzed anyone in it that he wanted.

Quote:
Perhaps they would have to revive a doctor from his clan, where would he even start trying to find one. randomly raise all the dead and ask them if they were a doctor. Does he even know where any of them are buried, maybe they were all burned as implied in the anime, so he couldnt anyways.
The people who went to war wasn't doctors and what not but the warriors. All Orochimaru had to do was to go to the ruins of their existing village and start ressing corpses. Even doing it randomly, don't forget he can ask questions like if there was a doctor in the village and if so where was he buried; then go to that spot and rez them.

Quote:
In the manga, it did say it was a rare disease from his clan right? And was implied they couldnt cure it because they had no information on it. Oro admits he wanted kimi more than sasuke, so its hard to believe he didnt do everything in his power...
and I am telling you it is a plot device because both Kabuto and Orochimaru has the means of getting all the information they could even want about this disease using the skills available to them.

Even ignoring this, don't you find it surprising that for someone who didn't have a clue about what was going on with Kimmimaro, that he could keep him alive indefinitely... and not alive as in a coma but leaving them in a state where they are well awared of their surroundings and such. Kimmimaro actually died because he left all of the medical stuff behind when he went after Sasuke otherwise he would be fumming in jealousy in the post timeskip with the attention Sasuke was getting.
Old 2006-09-28, 18:31   Link #9
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
and I am telling you it is a plot device because both Kabuto and Orochimaru has the means of getting all the information they could even want about this disease using the skills available to them.

Even ignoring this, don't you find it surprising that for someone who didn't have a clue about what was going on with Kimmimaro, that he could keep him alive indefinitely... and not alive as in a coma but leaving them in a state where they are well awared of their surroundings and such. Kimmimaro actually died because he left all of the medical stuff behind when he went after Sasuke otherwise he would be fumming in jealousy in the post timeskip with the attention Sasuke was getting.
I would agree with you on the possibility that Kabuto played a part in Kimimaro's death except that I seem to remember a scene where he is alone with Kimimaro and thinks to himself how odd and difficult to cure Kimimaro's condition is. Strange thoughts for someone who would like to see him die. I'll try to find this scene and post it if I can.

My opinion is that the illness is most likely a plot device. Kimimaro was supposed to be an unstoppable killing machine and Kishimoto needed a way for him to lose to two genin without him seeming like a weak character. The illness made his defeat against Gaara and Rock Lee possible while still preserving his reputation as an extremely strong opponent.

BTW, what ever happened to Kimimaro's body? It'd be funny if his skeleton is still there dangling in a forest of bones.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 18:47   Link #10
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
He needs the soul to revive the body which is kind of hard to do if the soul is in the Death God's stomach (if you care to believe that theory). Now we know that the Death God Seal wasn't used on Kimmimaro's clan therefore Orochimaru could had rezzed anyone in it that he wanted.

The people who went to war wasn't doctors and what not but the warriors. All Orochimaru had to do was to go to the ruins of their existing village and start ressing corpses. Even doing it randomly, don't forget he can ask questions like if there was a doctor in the village and if so where was he buried; then go to that spot and rez them.
Still brings up how he gets the soul, if that village is still even there, or if he could find a doctor of his clan to ressurrect if this is possible.

Im simply saying, this jutsu is too vague to imply they can get information in this fashion. The story is too vague as well. They stated they couldnt get the information, so i take this at face value, assuming their techniques were useless because of my reasons above.

Quote:

Im not saying it wasnt a plot device. They needed a strong character to face off with rock lee/gaara building suspense, and kill him while still making it seem that it wasnt because he was weak in any way, but immensly powerful.

Im saying that it could be what it is. They couldnt cure him, as it was a rare disease only applicable to his clan.
Old 2006-09-28, 18:57   Link #11
Rurik
Golden

Kimi illness was just a plot devise so he could loose to Gaara. an uncurable illness unique to his blodline that Killed him in the moment he was about to kill Gaara and Lee?????

And then the idea of kabuto being Bat-Man is laughable..., He could not find a Cure period. As There is no reason whatsoever for Kabuto to have any part on Kimi's Disease, and I doubt Kishimot go a digs up Kimimaru in future chapters just to show us this. when kabuto isn’t even that Important character.

BTW, Just because Kabuto (if it really was him) could kept Kimi alive (if this devise only kept him alive or only work as a devise to slowdown the disease) does not means he knew how to treat the disease.

I mean how many shows have been presented where you got a patient that is only alive because of Devices? And the series medicine knowledge can’t cure the Patient, leaving the Doctor or family with no choice but to pull the plug?
Old 2006-09-29, 01:55   Link #12
Electroguy
An Undisclosed Liability

Quote:
Kabuto is exactly like smithers...

Kimi's illness was a shame as he would have made an awesome regular but it adds an element of maturity to naruto to have a character die of illness. Additionaly they needed a reason why Oro couldn't take his body.
Old 2006-09-29, 03:19   Link #13
Yellow Flash
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik
when kabuto isn’t even that Important character.
sorry, but dead wrong. no villain has been around as long as kabuto.
Yellow Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-29, 08:22   Link #14
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Orochimaru remains the biggest badass...he's like Shang Sung from Mortal Kombat.

I expect the final battle will be between Naruto & Orochimaru.
Orochimaru will summon (dead) all those who fought with/against Naruto:
- Sasuke
- Kabuto
- Kimmimaro
- Kisame
- etc.
Old 2006-09-29, 09:20   Link #15
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
sorry, but dead wrong. no villain has been around as long as kabuto.
Yes I forgot, he is as Important as Iruka.
Old 2006-09-29, 10:35   Link #16
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
Yes I forgot, he is as Important as Iruka.
lol.

Also, Oro made an appearance before kabuto, so he is the villain whos been around the longest.
Old 2006-09-29, 10:49   Link #17
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauthi
lol.

Also, Oro made an appearance before kabuto, so he is the villain whos been around the longest.
Nope, Kabuto appeared first, He appeared in the first Chunin Test while Oro appeared in the midle of the second Chunin Test. What we did not knew is that Kabuto was a Villain before Orochimaru's appearance.
Old 2006-09-29, 10:51   Link #18
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Double post. lame. *dances*
Old 2006-09-29, 10:52   Link #19
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
Nope, Kabuto appeared first, He appeared in the first Chunin Test while Oro appeared in the midle of the second Chunin Test. What we did not knew is that Kabuto was a Villain before Orochimaru's appearance.
Ah yes, thats right. Didn't Itatchi appear first though, in a small flashback when sasuke is thinking about who he has to kill in the beggining ^^. Its only his eyes i think, but still, its an appearance =p
Old 2006-09-29, 10:55   Link #20
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauthi
Ah yes, thats right. Didn't Itatchi appear first though, in a small flashback when sasuke is thinking about who he has to kill in the beggining ^^. Its only his eyes i think, but still, its an appearance =p
Ahh Yes, He was mentioned by Sasuke as Brother when he is about to "die" because of Haku's needles. Itachi's name Was first mentioned by Orochimaru in the forrest of death.