AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-01, 23:22   Link #1021
GundamFan0083

This is for Ithekro,

You may already know about these new mini-models, but I thought I'd share anyway since I know you do strategy gaming in the Starblazers/Yamato universe.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/rev...-2607&page=top

Cruiser:

Destroyer:

Battleship:

They are all 1/1000 scale.
Old 2012-09-01, 23:24   Link #1022
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

...wow. Those are pretty high detailed models there. Aren't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Pffft! Desslar is such an idiot, surrounding himself with Blonde bimbos when he's sending out red heads to get sucked into hyper space.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 23:29   Link #1023
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
...wow. Those are pretty high detailed models there. Aren't they?
For 1/1000th scale, I'd say they are.
Look really nice.

Now if I could only find the time to make a SBY 2199 mod for gratiuitous space battles or galactic civilizations II.
That would be cool, but I've don't have the time.

Quote:
Pffft! Desslar is such an idiot, surrounding himself with Blonde bimbos when he's sending out red heads to get sucked into hyper space.
I know right.
Dessler is so damn hung up on Starsha that he's got every Gamilas Babe look-a-like around him to compensate for her Cosmo-T'NA.

Last edited by GundamFan0083; 2012-09-01 at 23:32. Reason: Oops, supposed to be "her T'NA"
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 23:33   Link #1024
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well the Kirishima is about 8 inches long. The Cruiser is about 6 inches long and the destroyer is about 3 inches long. It is about $30-35 plus tax for a set of three of them come October. I don't know about individual ships, nor when the Gamilas set will come out. (The 1/1000 scale Yamato is about 13 inches long).

If we could afford the several hundred dollars to get enough ships to pull off the game we might do it (21 Earth ships plus 33+ Gamilas ships). I know a set will be collected as some point.

Tomorrow evening I'll be running the Battle at Pluto 2199 game with what we do have at Celesticon in Fremont, California. Another friend will be running an Earth verse Dark Nebula game in the morning.
Old 2012-09-01, 23:37   Link #1025
GundamFan0083

Wow, sounds like fun.
I used to love miniature gaming, especially with Star Fleet Battles, so I imagine the SBY games are loads of fun.
Old 2012-09-01, 23:43   Link #1026
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
I know right.
Dessler is so damn hung up on Starsha that he's got every Gamilas Babe look-a-like around him to compensate for her Cosmo-T'NA.
...well to be fair, Starsha in this version is crazy hot. And this is coming from someone who doesn't prefer blondes ussually.

Though I suppose that's a plausible explanation...did Desslar actually have that kinda complex about blonde Iscandar/human women in the series?
Old 2012-09-01, 23:52   Link #1027
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

All those blondes Dessler keeps around are probably his bodyguards.

His blonde fetish does explain a few things when it comes to the day he meets Yuki Mori face to face.
Old 2012-09-01, 23:54   Link #1028
GundamFan0083

I'm a die-hard sucker for blondes, especially with long straight hair, so I'm totally with Dessler on this...smitten.

Of course, her sister is pretty friggin hot also:

Old 2012-09-01, 23:59   Link #1029
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Makes you wonder about the youngest sister, doesn't it?

Old 2012-09-02, 00:01   Link #1030
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
...well to be fair, Starsha in this version is crazy hot. And this is coming from someone who doesn't prefer blondes ussually.

Some pretty spoilerific info in that little blerb at the bottom. It pretty much points out who Sanada was talking about in episode 1 when they got the core, and who's probably in that pod they had with them.
Old 2012-09-02, 00:04   Link #1031
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well Starsha does mention (in her message to Earth) that her youngest sister was sent with the plans for the Wave Motion Engine a year before Sasha was sent with the Wave Motion Core during the Battle at Pluto.
Old 2012-09-02, 01:12   Link #1032
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Some pretty spoilerific info in that little blerb at the bottom. It pretty much points out who Sanada was talking about in episode 1 when they got the core, and who's probably in that pod they had with them.
You know, it's not spoilerific to anybody who doesn't know Japanese Stop spoiling us!

(relaly. Is something from the character profile page even that spoilerish?)

Quote:
All those blondes Dessler keeps around are probably his bodyguards.

His blonde fetish does explain a few things when it comes to the day he meets Yuki Mori face to face.
Ah boy Well maybe this Yuki being sandy blonde will make her less attractive to Desslar?

...no wait. All the Alien blondes we've seen have been bright yellow blondes...that means sandy blonde would come off as ludicrously exotic by Gamilon standards of blondeness.

CURSE YOU DESSLAR!
Quote:
I'm a die-hard sucker for blondes, especially with long straight hair, so I'm totally with Dessler on this...smitten.
Red heads are superior
Old 2012-09-02, 01:51   Link #1033
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

You mean red and blue hotness?

Sort of an unnatural red (maybe she dyes her hair red, not only to match her fighter, but also to make her three times faster).

But then we have humans with blueish hair.

Old 2012-09-02, 01:58   Link #1034
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
You mean red and blue hotness?

Sort of an unnatural red (maybe she dyes her hair red, not only to match her fighter, but also to make her three times faster).

But then we have humans with blueish hair.

I'd say anime conventions, but even American comics have the tendency for blood red red heads

Mind. I rationalize darker shades of blue as just being a representation for dark haired characters. Kinda like how red heads are drawn literally red, instead of being more orangey...okay, might not be a good example for the Gamilon chick, since you know, they COULD actually have that kind of natural hair color being aliens

What's more weird is that we have a human pilot who has silver hair.
Old 2012-09-02, 02:49   Link #1035
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well Yamamoto is from Mars. Could be a platinum blond..or just grey hair (I know of people that go white/grey prematurely. Sometimes due to genetics, sometime from massive stress on the body like an illness that nearly killed them in the past.)
Old 2012-09-02, 07:46   Link #1036
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Well Yamamoto is from Mars. Could be a platinum blond..or just grey hair (I know of people that go white/grey prematurely. Sometimes due to genetics, sometime from massive stress on the body like an illness that nearly killed them in the past.)
Oh right, forgot about that. I DID excuse Yamamoto having silver hair like that. Maybe it's a condition that's risen from living on Mars?

Anyhow, Yamamoto and alien space babe should be able to get well acquainted with each other....maybe she'll spurt out some childhood angst about not being inducted into the leaderships harem for being a red head?
Old 2012-09-03, 03:25   Link #1037
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Oh right, forgot about that. I DID excuse Yamamoto having silver hair like that. Maybe it's a condition that's risen from living on Mars?

Anyhow, Yamamoto and alien space babe should be able to get well acquainted with each other....maybe she'll spurt out some childhood angst about not being inducted into the leaderships harem for being a red head?
Call me bias, but all the women from Yamato 2199 are just gorgeously done.
Bravo to the character design team on a job well done.
Old 2012-09-03, 11:35   Link #1038
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Call me bias, but all the women from Yamato 2199 are just gorgeously done.
Bravo to the character design team on a job well done.
How is that biased? Bias would be liking some of the female characters more than others.
Old 2012-09-03, 13:20   Link #1039
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

If I read the character designer's interview correctly, Starsha was the hardest one to remake as they tried to keep her closer to the original model while keeping the goddess styling she had (she has nearly Matsumoto style eyes with the lashes compared to all the other women. And certainly the hair). They aren't sure how she will come of standing next to the other characters animated because her model is not quite like the rest of them.

The women are of course all baseline off Yuki's character model.

Yamamoto was a whim choice to change genders. Sinohara was going to me Yamamoto's design (mostly) until that choice came down. It seems to work, since Yamamoto's personality seems to be similar to Kodai's and there would be no real need to have two hothead men on the ship with similar backgrounds. But having one be a woman instead makes it different enough that both can exist within the story. Sinohara's personality was something new instead. I was going to say he reminded me of a later character, but he's shown no inclinaton to showboating and he's rather laid back. And don't recall anyone but the space marine being up to hitting on a computer.
Old 2012-09-03, 13:24   Link #1040
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
If I read the character designer's interview correctly, Starsha was the hardest one to remake as they tried to keep her closer to the original model while keeping the goddess styling she had (she has nearly Matsumoto style eyes with the lashes compared to all the other women). They aren't sure how she will come of standing next to the other characters animated because her model is not quite like the rest of them.
I think that works, since she IS supposed to be a super angelic alien compared to regular women.

I think a weak point of the original show was that all of Matsumoto's women often have a saminess about them.

Tags
classic, remake, science fiction, space opera, yamato