AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-01-06, 17:28   Link #6861
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

They don't want to over power you until the T13 set or so.
Old 2011-01-06, 17:33   Link #6862
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Yep, so they are forcing you to reforge the useless stats in order to keep things very stressful on gear not having the stats you want.
Old 2011-01-06, 20:34   Link #6863
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
They don't want to over power you until the T13 set or so.
Isn't really so much of overpowering as wanting to avoid a stat that does next to nothing for our healing output since aside from the tank the healing barrier it puts up will almost never be 100% efficient, thus increasing the amount it blocks doesn't really do much, though I kind of hope they change holy paladin mastery as compared to priest, shamans, or druids who's mastery all directly increase their healing output in some way, holy paladins' mastery is something that might reduce the healing we have to do by a little bit . I saw bliz is planning to change retr. mastery completely, so they might revamp holy too if they see that all the paladins are avoiding it like the plague .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 20:56   Link #6864
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I hope they do something about the Unholy Death Knight's mastery... I mean they complain that Unholy and Survival specs are currently overpowered at the moment from their expectation, but that is because of the basic mechanic build-up that they did. Besides its more micro-intensive to be Unholy, so its not really overpowered, it just requires more micro abilities to be placed (well it wouldn't really be that intensive you simply put the ghoul's ability "claw" with your Scourge Strike once he transforms) but Unholy mastery is just weak... Increase disease damage will not improve our damage at all.. Our damage is based on Scourge Strike and Death Coil, and our melee ability.
Old 2011-01-06, 20:58   Link #6865
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well there is suppose to be some sort of major class changes in the next patch (4.0.6).

But I seem to recall warlocks going from crit heavy to haste heavy and then back again from one tier to another in Wrath.
Old 2011-01-06, 21:07   Link #6866
GDB

Yeah, Holy Paladin Mastery is utterly worthless. Well, not utterly, but not worth keeping compared to spirit or haste (or in my opinion, crit).

Quote:
Well there is suppose to be some sort of major class changes in the next patch (4.0.6).
Indeed. I like that Divine Plea will work faster, stronger, and better.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 21:13   Link #6867
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Yeah, Holy Paladin Mastery is utterly worthless. Well, not utterly, but not worth keeping compared to spirit or haste (or in my opinion, crit).

Indeed. I like that Divine Plea will work faster, stronger, and better.
Oh changes to Divine Plea?, is there somewhere to view all the tentative changes? Ah I see and agree the that makes it much more usable.

Edit found them, and some I am commenting on:
Quote:
* The draenei racial trait Gift of the Naaru now heals 20% of the target's health over 15 seconds, rather than a scaling value.
That actually makes it a pretty nice racial ability now.

Quote:
The worgen racial trait Darkflight now has a 2-minute cooldown, down from 3, and is no longer on the global cooldown. In addition, the movement speed bonus now stacks with existing bonuses, but cannot be activated while Sprint or Dash is active (and they cannot be activated while Darkflight is active).
Good it was kind of stupid if I used darkflight in travel form that I only went 40% speed still :x.
MAL

Last edited by Kotohono; 2011-01-06 at 22:00.
Old 2011-01-06, 22:33   Link #6868
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
That actually makes it a pretty nice racial ability now.
Yeah, would be nice if they overpowered the Horde racials now too. A 20% max life instant-cast HoT that costs no mana for Draenai, a 10% damage reduction for Dwarves...

Horde gets Warstomping Druids. Yay?
Old 2011-01-06, 22:53   Link #6869
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I was under the impression everyone thought the Horde racials were superior in PVP up to this point with moderate use in PVE.
Old 2011-01-06, 22:57   Link #6870
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
I was under the impression everyone thought the Horde racials were superior in PVP up to this point with moderate use in PVE.
Yeah..

Berserking, Blood Fury, War Stomp (useless in PVE but good in PVP in some occasions), Arcane Torrent, but the Forsaken racial is still superior over all the horde in terms of PVP. But there is the new Goblin racial, but they are just a free rocket and a jet jump that doesn't bring you far atleast good enough to get you out of melee reach ot he enemy for some time.

But we still have the Human's Every Man for Himself (which is a free Insignia) Night Elf's racial is somewhat useless, Dwarf's racial is good for getting rid of poisons, and gnome's racial is lovely to get out of stuns easier, the draenei racial is good if your a warrior or something, and the worgen's racial is the best in terms of escaping.
Old 2011-01-06, 23:34   Link #6871
GDB

Did you not see the Dwarf Racial update? It's now a 10% damage decrease in addition to ridding yourself of poisons. And Draenei is a 20% total hp heal. Those are ridiculously good. Plus the free trinket Humans get.
Old 2011-01-07, 00:34   Link #6872
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

/bandwagon

So the Alliance finally gets some good racials after 6 years?

/bandwagon

The dwarf racial was changed from armor (complete trash, 10% for a clothie, lol) to something not quite as bad, the Draenei racial will now actually not blow chunks and will scale properly with cata health pools, and humans have had that for a while so nothing new there. I couldn't care enough to look at other racials, or the horde ones, except to say that I know Berserking is quite good as is Blood Fury, Arcane Torrent deserves a worthy mention for casters and those are just PVE ones.

Far as I'm concerned the only people that have right to complain about racials are those with those stupid tradeskill bonuses, total trash!
Old 2011-01-07, 01:27   Link #6873
GDB

Doesn't every race have a trade-skill bonus?
Old 2011-01-07, 05:41   Link #6874
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Nope. Tauren (Herbing), Belf (Enchanting), Draenei (Jeweling), Gnome (Engineering) have them. Others have resistance racials, or something.
Old 2011-01-07, 05:55   Link #6875
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Nope. Tauren (Herbing), Belf (Enchanting), Draenei (Jeweling), Gnome (Engineering) have them. Others have resistance racials, or something.
Also you forgot Dwarf (Archaeology), Worgen (Skinning),and Goblin (Alchemy) which leaves instead Humans got +10% rep and NE got whisp[death movement speed], and undead/orc/troll got the heck if I know .
MAL
Old 2011-01-07, 07:34   Link #6876
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Also you forgot Dwarf (Archaeology), Worgen (Skinning),and Goblin (Alchemy) which leaves instead Humans got +10% rep and NE got whisp[death movement speed], and undead/orc/troll got the heck if I know .
Undead have that whole "We have 2 and 1/3 times more breath to hold when underwater" thing, Orcs have -15% stun duration, Trolls have -15% snare duration.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 17:02   Link #6877
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Being an Orc is very useful against rogues if they have a -15% stun duration
Old 2011-01-09, 02:22   Link #6878
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Having gotten lucky yesterday and got Tears of Blood I am now torn on what trinket to use as my second one for holy paladin between Blood of Isiset[mind you 40% of the mastery has been reforged to spirit and the two 1710 spirit procs do not share an ICD and can proc at the same time] or Sea Star? Currently using the Blood of Isiset, but wanting to be sure that's my best choice .
MAL
Old 2011-01-09, 02:36   Link #6879
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

... For some reason my game didnt want me to attack in any way except auto.. it got me kicked from Throne...
Old 2011-01-09, 02:39   Link #6880
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
... For some reason my game didnt want me to attack in any way except auto.. it got me kicked from Throne...
Oh, that once happened to me. The only way to fix it for me was to restart the client, simply re-logging did nothing.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows