AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-08, 23:27   Link #2201
sakrashv2

Position/s: Translator, Editor, QC, Raw Capper
Project/s: Mouryou no Hako, Tales of the Abyss (Ongoing projects this fall)
URL: www.osu-subs.net
IRC: #osu-recruits.rizon.net
E-mail: sakrash@live.com

We're accepting both CH->ENG and JP->ENG.

We're requiring experience for the QC position, and for the Editor one, we're requiring you to be an Englishman.
Old 2008-12-09, 04:56   Link #2202
cowteats

Group: Ayako-Fansubs
Positions: English Editors who can read Chinese(simplified/traditional)
Project: Winter projects(TBA)
URL: http://www.ayako-fansubs.eu/
IRC: #ayako-recruit@irc.rizon.net
E-mail: cowsgomoosodoyou@gmail.com

If you have good English and you can read Chinese at the same time, we want you.

Last edited by cowteats; 2008-12-10 at 10:13.
Old 2008-12-09, 15:49   Link #2203
sangofe

Hajime no ippo, season 2!

Group: Saizen
Project: Hajime No Ippo Season 2
Positions:All.
Join: #saizen^recruits@irc.rizon.net & http://www.saizen-fansubs.com/?section=joinus
Dedication level: High, must be able to do the job within 2 days after having signed up for it.
Quality level: High, so unless you're positive you'll pass our standards, please do not apply.

Please clickhttp://www.saizen-fansubs.com/?section=joinus apply.

Saizen is looking for experienced staff for the upcoming second season of Hajime no Ippo, which we want to do, cause we are fans of the show, despite the likelyhood of it being oversubbed, so please refrain from commenting on that.
Any position is welcome, as we want to cover every position twice to keep a decent pace on this show. But we do expect a certain level of skill, and experience in quality fansubbing would help alot.
So if you want to work on what is likely going to be one of the most fun shows around once again, give us a ring.
Old 2008-12-09, 16:53   Link #2204
Kaitoukidsama

Hi, im with Kienai-Niji Fansubs and currently we are recruiting 1-5 translators ( Japanese/Chinese --> English ) to join the team. Not much in terms of technical skills is required. Requirements for the position is as listed below:

Requirements:
+ Good understanding of "Formal" and "Plain" Japanese/Chinese
+ At least an hour or two a day free on IRC

Helpful Characteristics:
+ Knowledge of .ass subtitling in Aegisub (not required. all we require is a .txt)
+Ability to read onscreen Kanji to aid our typesetter
+Must be a nice person willing to sub anime out of passion

After you have read the above requirements please include the following in PM

+Yrs of knowledge
+hours available for IRC
+anything else you deem necessary that would help our relationship

Feel free to visit our website or join the fansub channel. Thank you all whom have applied and have read this post. I wish you all the best of luck

Our Site: www.kienai-niji.net
Irc://irc.rizon.net/Kienai

Channel #Kienai

Only serious applicants Plz!

Last edited by Kaitoukidsama; 2008-12-09 at 21:57. Reason: Added
Old 2008-12-10, 04:36   Link #2205
Soshen
Kanjisub ******

Kanjisub.com

- Need a editor for review and section of main site and forum mods. We start a contest and we need ppl that value the review

- Need a translator checker for SPT Layzner

- Need a backup editor when some other ppl less a project

contact me here, or on our forum, or in #kanjisub@irc.Rizon.net.

You can use the form on kanjisub.com too

http://www.kanjisub.com/en/staff

We need a Editor!
Old 2008-12-12, 10:56   Link #2206
Himawarinohana

Mizuiro Fansubs needs somebody to translate this:

ねぇ みんな知ってる 魔界の空に浮かんでる雲って綿菓子で出来てるんだよ。
小さかった頃、バニラをパレ(宮殿 palace) から連れ出して一緒に食べに行ったんだぁ。
星を作ってる星細工師に会いに行ったり
楽しかったぁ〜。次回シュガシュガルーン、ショコラとバニラと夢の星。
観ない奴はぶっ飛ばすから。よろしく!

また、いきなりおじいが遊びに来た。
みんなを連れて南国のリゾートにバカンスに行くって張り切ってるし
おじいに付き合ってるとこっちが大変だよ。
へぇ、ワッフルのばあやもおじいには迷惑してるの?
よぉ〜し、協力してぎゃふんと言わせちゃおう
次回シュガシュガルーン、おじいを止めろ!ばあやのマル秘 大作戦。
今度はおじいをぶっ飛ばしてやるから。よろしく。

クラシエ大尉が人間界にやってきた。
クィーン・キャンディの命令でオグルの調査にきたって言うんだけど
ロビーに振り回されて大変みたい。
挙げ句の果てにハートまで取っちゃってるし。
このままじゃグラシエ大尉もスターになっちゃうよ。
次回シュガシュガルーン、黒いハートとオグルの罠。
観ない奴はぶっ飛ばすから、よろしく。

あたし今度、生徒会長に立候補するんだ。棗達にどうしてもって頼まれちゃった。
よぉ〜し、当選したら厳しい規則なんてぶっ飛ばぁす。
えっ、バニラも立候補するの?しかもピエールやメンバーズがバニラを推薦してる。
一体どうして?次回シュガシュガルーン、ピエールの誘惑、引き裂かれた友情。
バニラ、ピエールに近づいちゃダメ。

はぁ~あ、バニラとまた喧嘩しちゃった。
でも大丈夫、すぐに仲直りできるもん。
どんなことがあっても、あたし達はずっと親友
約束したよね?バニラ。
次回シュガシュガルーン。誕生、オグルのクィーン。
バニラ、さよならってどう言うこと?

バニラ、あたし達戦わなくちゃいけないの?
ピエールが何言ったのか知らないけど
バニラに黒いハートなんて似合わないよ!
そうだ、バニラの黒ハート取れないかな。
そうすれば友達に戻れるかも。
次回シュガシュガルーン。嫉妬の黒い針。
バニラはあたしが取り戻してみせる。

previews for episodes...Sorry...we dont have anyone else to do it and thats all we need for the episodes to be released (thanks so much, will special thanks you or your group)

starsdreamwarrior@gmail.com

Last edited by Himawarinohana; 2008-12-18 at 21:31.
Old 2008-12-13, 20:51   Link #2207
SnowDragon01

I posted last time I was on the forums for this position, but I was driven away because of a few forum users pestering me and I did join a group but all they did was flame other members of that group and outside groups. So please, don't contact me if that is the case.

I'm a translator. I translate Japanese to English. I can do techincal terms and enjoy putting effort into something that will be released in high quality. No, I do not want to join a speedsub group ( You know who you are ). I will help a fansub group if it main goal is not to attack another group. I find this rude and refuse to be part of it.

I can do up 4 series a week, it takes me between 30 minutes to 1 hour to translate a 24 minute episode of anime. This depends of course on terms and research I will have to put into the translation. Depending on what may be going on with school, will depend on what time you get the translation.

I also can help with video capping if needed, but this is after I go back to school.

I also know how to time (scene time w/ lead-ins and lead-outs), I can also karaoke time.

My grades come first, if you don't like you don't have to recruit me.

Edit: Please do not contact me if you want me to sub licensed anime. I don't want to do them. I've had several requests to do Hitman Reborn and others, and it is getting extremely annoying.

Last edited by SnowDragon01; 2008-12-15 at 11:10. Reason: People keep asking me to do licensed series
Old 2008-12-14, 06:39   Link #2208
Grv
宜しく
*Fansubber

Positions: Japanese <-> English Translators, Advanced Typesetters (ASS or AFX), Quality Controller(s)
Group: Yoroshiku
Projects: Current / Future (TBD), Oishinbo Nichibei Kome Sensou
IRC Channel: #Yoroshiku @ irc.rizon.net
IRC Contact: Grv, Code, Nanne, Collectr
MSN/E-Mail: yoroshikufansubs@yahoo.com
URL: http://yoroshiku-fansubs.com/

As we approach our 3rd anniversary I am looking for some fresh blood to help towards perhaps putting out a couple of older series and look towards some future series that will be getting less attention from other groups.

So if you would like to join an established group with a proven track record please do get in touch. We do administer a test to those potential team members without a verifiable background in their role but this is nothing beyond the standard found in most other groups.

Although we are currently only looking for the roles above, should we be successful in recruiting these roles we may look to further expand the team, depending on the scope, abilities and desires of the new recruits.

Update: I am looking for 1 or 2 QC roles to work on Oishinbo Nichibei Kome Sensou only. A familiarity with the manga or anime is beneficial but not essential. We have had this TV movie translated for a while but it would appear I am one of the few people out there that wants to see more of the legend that is Yamaoka! The only thing stopping this being released is someone willing to watch it through from beginning to end to check for consistency and/or errors.

Last edited by Grv; 2008-12-20 at 04:55. Reason: Added QC role for Oishinbo Nichibei Kome Sensou
Old 2008-12-14, 21:24   Link #2209
Enigma Collective
*Fansubber

'Ello and good day!

Enigma Collective currently is recruiting 1-3 Translators (J-E preferably, but C-E is good too ), Typesetters (KFX included, ASS or AFX is your call) and Timers for projects such as Kuroshitsuji, Mouryou no Hako and potentially Blade of the Immortal. Please also note that if you apply as a Translator and don't think you can translate a certain series, then please feel free to sign up as a TLC instead.

If you would like to apply, please go to Enigma Collective's website, register, and post in the Recruits! section with your application. You can also IM me at mooglekupo99 (AIM), elvaanguy@yahoo.com (MSN), and elvaanguy (Y! IM). Also feel free to pop in our IRC channel, #EnigmaCollective@irc.rizon.net, but please realize that I've currently recovered from a HD catastrophe and am still reinstalling certain programs, so I might not always be on. You can also PM my profile here, too.

We're also up for joint projects with Mouryou no Hako and Blade of the Immortal as long as you can provide a translator. :>

Thank you. ^~^

- Lord Mog of Enigma Collective

Last edited by Enigma Collective; 2008-12-15 at 18:06.
Old 2008-12-16, 14:49   Link #2210
livs20

Group: AnimeYoshi
Project: Asu no Yoichi, Akikan!, Koukaku no Regios
Position: Translator, Typesetter, Translation Checkers
E-Mail: animeyoshi@gmail.com
IRC: #AY-recruit@irc.rizon.net pm -> Spinal/Kenji

We are in need of a good translation checker who gets things done fast. Our translators are pretty good so there is usually not much to fix.

Last edited by livs20; 2008-12-18 at 14:05.
Old 2008-12-17, 09:57   Link #2211
Ishie
Nobody

Position: Qcers, typesetters, karaokers
Project: Current/ Future
Group: Animanda
IRC channel: #Animanda @ irc.rizon.net
IRC contact: Ishie/ any random @ who looks awake

The first and most likely last post from me - even had to specially register! (usual person who posts is MIA at the moment ;-; )

We're currently looking for some help in the QC/ typesetting/ karaoke department due to some retirements. If you'd like to help, feel welcome to give us a shout. We're not a fussy group, and our requirements consist of being able to do your chosen role, do it within a reasonable amount of time (real life does take priority, so if you want to join, be warned: we take being SLOW seriously ), and get on with the rest of the staff. Unfortunately, if you don't get on with the rest of the staff, no matter how qualified, you may not make the grade (sidenote: If you like Chi from Chi's sweet home, you have a natural advantage!)

Experience preferred and like most groups we do issue a test for specific positions/ require samples of previous work.

Final note: We don't do credits, logos if our encoder person is too lazy to fix, won't typeset signs properly but TL note them instead if that's what the typesetter for the show wants and so forth, and we mainly only do single, soft-subbed releases. Also be prepared for emoticon overuse if recruited. If those aren't to your taste, please don't apply.
Old 2008-12-17, 21:17   Link #2212
Dragon4333

Position: Translators, Typesetters, Qcers
Project: Current/ Future
Group: Shintei-subs
IRC channel: #Shintei-subs@irc.rizon.net
IRC contact: any one with a ~ or a &
Old 2008-12-18, 21:26   Link #2213
Nathalie-sama
*Fansubber

Group: Yugioh!
IRC: #yugioh!@irc.rizon.net PM the person with the ~ or the & next to their name
Email: yugiohsubs@gmail.com

Postions:

Translator: Japanese or Chinese->English. Must be proficient. You won't be working with super difficult Japanese. We expect a fully translated episode in the span of 2 to 3 days.

Translation Checkers: In need of 1-3 people. Japanese->English. Must be proficient, must have a good sense of English as well to make sure the translation is smooth and sensible.

Timers: In need of 2-3 people. Must be able to time within the range of 1-3 hours for one 25 minute episode. Noobs are allowed to apply, however do your research before applying. Regardless, if we teach you or not, you'll still be reading tutorials how to time. You will not need to know how to karaoke time, but must have the endurance to time an abundant amount of scripts.

Typesetters: We're searching for a basic typesetter. Doesn't matter what you use. We expect work from basic typesetters within 24 hours. Advanced AFX'ers you will be given 2 days, depending what you will have to typeset, but all work must be completed before things are handed in.

Editors/QCers: In need of 2-4 people. We need anal, grammar nazis in the field of English. Must be able to edit within 24 hours. QC'ers are allowed 12 hours for a QC report. You must have the endurance to do research IF needed. Some understanding of Japanese is a plus.

Guidelines:
- We are looking for masochists!
- You must be dedicated to your work. If you wuss out after one episode, I will humiliate you in front the entire community.
- If you don't care what you're working on, and just want to do fansub work, apply.
- Results/releases will be out no more than 2 weeks.
- Feel free to leave the group once we're done with a certain series.
- I want things done fast, but efficiently.
- No slacking, if you fail to do a certain job. I will kick you out from the group

Best way of contact is by IRC. I will not respond right away, but I like to talk to people right away.
Old 2008-12-19, 22:24   Link #2214
Myra-Chan

Position(s): Timer x 2/Karaoke x 2 /Encoder x 2/Editor's x 4/ typesetters x 2/ Translators(at least 2)
Group: #Konichiwa
Project(s): We currently subtitle Music Videos and Miyuki Anime Series.
IRC Channel:irc.rizon.net
IRC Contact:Myra
E-Mail: konichiwa-fansubs@bresnan.net

Last edited by Myra-Chan; 2009-01-06 at 14:07. Reason: Really need Editor's Right away!
Old 2008-12-20, 07:45   Link #2215
amanist

ANBU is currently looking for experienced editors who satisfy the following criteria:

1. editors who are willing to (and are used to) work on a deadline.
2. editors who have at least three seasons of editing experience.
3. editors who have a commanding grip of english syntax/semantics.
4. editors who can tell me what the two syntactic/semantic errors i've made on this post are

if interested, please pmsg amanist on irc.rizon.net
(a writing portfolio is preferred but not required.)

ps. there's at least two of each type =)

Last edited by amanist; 2008-12-24 at 19:13.
Old 2008-12-20, 17:16   Link #2216
pitty
fansubber

Send a message via MSN to pitty Send a message via Yahoo to pitty
Well, I didn't post here since a long time so I think I should try again my luck.
Group: Anime Club Generation [ACG]
Position: Translator (currently we kinda lack this position, so there's no reason to bother to look for other staff)
Current Project: Deltora Quest (with ray=out)
Future Projects: XXXHOLiC Shunmuki and Tsubasa Shunraiki and any project the translator wants for this season (it would be nice not to be an oversubbed show, because that would be meaningless)
-We need a translator for these shows... Deltora would be a priority... We only released 14 episodes by now, and even though it looks that we'll release some more soon it is still going way too slow. Releasing an episode at 2 months isn't the best thing at a 65 episodes series. Somebody who wants to help doing this would be perfect. Tsubasa is the anime because I started fansubbing and I really want to do it. ) (2 episodes OVA isn't such a hard task). And I personally think XXXHOLiC is a great anime, so it won't be a waster at all to sub its new ova. Other than these projects we can sub whatever the translator wants... Well, almost... )
Contact: pittty_007@yahoo.com , pittyacg@gmail.com , leave a message on website or irc chan.
IRC: #acgfansub @ irc.rizon.net
Old 2008-12-20, 19:34   Link #2217
TsanGwanWai

Moetron-Subs Recruiting~!

Group: Moetron-Subs
Project: Vocaloid Videos
Position: Karaoke Timer, Backup Typesetters, Translators.

For those who like vocaloid songs, this is the right group for you. We're an organised group who provide thousands of Vocaloid fans with translations and karaoke effects.
We don't rush to release quickly, nor is it a daily job. We'll get the videos done when we can. For typesetters, we need one who can do stuff to match the actual video itself. As for karoake timers, someone who loves k-timing. Translators we need should be J>E.

Requirements/Warnings:
• No Assholes.
• No, we're not giving you our translator.
• People who are reliable, and don't fight with one and another.
Old 2008-12-20, 21:25   Link #2218
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Koroku Send a message via MSN to Koroku Send a message via Yahoo to Koroku
DATS is trying to bring back some life to the group, and is looking for a talented translator or two to help with the following series:
Deltora Quest
Akiba-chan
MapleStory

This winter, we might possibly pick up one show, if a new translator joined the team. Shows that show interest include Minami-ke 3rd season, Hetalia Axis Powers, or the 5th season of Major.

If you can fill any of these positions, please pop into #dats on irc.rizon.net and msg either Scipio or Scar. Feel free to e-mail me at jkaizer@gmail.com too.

Thanks!

Last edited by Koroku; 2009-01-04 at 22:59.
Old 2008-12-23, 12:55   Link #2219
Sparhawk85

Group: Toki-fansubs
Positions: Translators (Japanese/Chinese-English)
Project: Your choice (Though I do have a small list of older projects as well that would be available upon request)
URL: http://www.kagayakitai.com/toki-fansubs/
IRC: #toki-fansubs@irc.rizon.net
IRC Contact: Ryunichi/Ryu\\Away, Paul or Sparhawk
E-mail: tokifansubs@gmail.com

I'm in most desperate need of TLs who have enough free time to translate full episodes and full series for me. Though at the same time I won't turn down anyone else who wants to apply for a different staff position.
Old 2008-12-23, 21:08   Link #2220
Mitch
aka Akatsuki
*Fansubber

Group:Rocket Gang
Positions:Translators(Japanese to English),Timers, Karaoke Timer/Designer
Projects:Monster Farm
Upcoming Projects:contact Rocket Gang
IRC: #RocketGang@irc.anirena.net
IRC Contact: Akatsuki
Email: rocketgangsubs@gmail.com

We need great dedication. For other positions, please contact us.

Thank You
Closed Thread

Tags
help thread, recruitment, translator