AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 14 25.45%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 38.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 18.18%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 14.55%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.82%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.82%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-01, 00:09   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 9 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Ore no Imouto (Season two), Episode 9.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2013-06-01, 12:23   Link #2
sleepingleo

Very nice episode. Kirino has the starring in this one, hands down. Everything ends peacefully but I don't like that "conclusion" feeling they set on Kuroneko, like saying "Ok, this business is over. for good. Next" =/

I liked this episode, but I didn't at the same time, strange feeling.
Old 2013-06-01, 13:15   Link #3
Robotech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingleo View Post
Very nice episode. Kirino has the starring in this one, hands down. Everything ends peacefully but I don't like that "conclusion" feeling they set on Kuroneko, like saying "Ok, this business is over. for good. Next" =/

Disagree. The thing about her saying that the curse she put on him before to replace the older one is still ongoing tells me there isn't really a conclusion to Kuroneko, just a pause. Though she didn't say it, I'm sure her understanding of the situation is exactly what Kyousuke and Kirino talked about towards the end: that they have to wait until they can both sort out being OK with each other dating other people.
Old 2013-06-01, 13:32   Link #4
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I watched the episode twice to take everything in, and I have to admit that the second time watching I couldn't help noticing how that entire hot springs town came to some sort of standstill while Kirino and Ruri were having their confrontation. It's like once you see it, you can't unsee.

Anyway, that aside, this episode really puts a point on just how far this series has come in this this its 24th episode (assuming you don't count the two episode 12s). Seeing that montage really made me thing "wow, so much has happened..." I think people who have had a hard time understanding Kirino all this time will finally get a little bit of the insight they've been missing. I'm pretty sure this is the first time Kirino ever called him "Kyousuke"; I made special note of when she says "Kyousuke", when she says "Aniki", and when she just calls him "that one" or some other abstract reference, because (like most times when characters change the way they address each other) each address has a meaning.

Now the second act of the story comes to a close, and we begin to set the stage for the conclusion. Hard to believe there are only seven episodes left!

That aside...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingleo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
Disagree. The thing about her saying that the curse she put on him before to replace the older one is still ongoing tells me there isn't really a conclusion to Kuroneko, just a pause. Though she didn't say it, I'm sure her understanding of the situation is exactly what Kyousuke and Kirino talked about towards the end: that they have to wait until they can both sort out being OK with each other dating other people.
Personally, I think you both have a point. I agree that Ruri/Kuroneko is putting the relationship on "pause", so in her mind it isn't totally over and her feelings haven't died. (She lost her courage to force Kyousuke to reject her.) But by the same token, by putting things on "pause", you never know what can happen. It is possible for feelings to change, and it's conceivable that the relationship may never resume. So that's why it's somewhere in between a conclusion and not. It's entirely open-ended. (Which makes sense because there are still more episodes to go!)

Edit: Oh yeah, all this aside: loved the endcard! One of my favourite artists, and a beautiful shot!
Old 2013-06-01, 13:34   Link #5
sleepingleo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post

I'm not talking about the plot argument, i'm talking about the feeling this episode transmits, at least what it did for me. For me it felt like: "Ok, Kuroneko character has been explored enough"

That pause a.k.a "not giving up" is the same argument every heroine gives in every harem anime i've watched. I know where the novel plots goes from here, but i'm talking specifically of the anime, and that was the feeling it gave, at least to me.
Old 2013-06-01, 14:05   Link #6
finalfury
Incognito

What did I just watch???
Kuroneko and Kirino interactions were very nice. The episode played off the title very well. It felt very weird watching the episode. Kuroneko "pausing" the relationship doesn't feel like its the end for her. It feels more like she wants to make sure she has no regrets I think, hence the whole getting Kirino to spill the truth.
Old 2013-06-01, 14:06   Link #7
Helius

Just to make sure, this is not the last ep, right?
Old 2013-06-01, 14:09   Link #8
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
Just to make sure, this is not the last ep, right?
7 episodes remain.
Old 2013-06-01, 14:10   Link #9
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
7 episodes remain.
Phew......
Old 2013-06-01, 14:11   Link #10
sleepingleo

Nevertheless this episode would have been a, if maybe questionable, good ending xD
Old 2013-06-01, 14:13   Link #11
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

The relationship "pause" was a dead giveaway in my opinion. By the time episode 16 rolls around, I'm fairly certain Team Kuroneko will be all smiles. This is all speculation on my part, I've never read the LNs.
Old 2013-06-01, 14:26   Link #12
finalfury
Incognito

So am I the only one who feels that Kyousuke being sad during this episode is normal since he got dumped, or do people these days rebound after an hour or something? Saw some comments in another place which is why I wanted to ask.
On topic: I like the fact they brought back some good ol' Kirino and Kuroneko interactions and I think the slice of life aspects of this show are the best part of the series.
Old 2013-06-01, 14:28   Link #13
taichi-kun

Sorry to ask this question but Where is matsudo/chiba? is it part of Tokyo(where kyou and kirino live)?

They said it's close but how close? They even can't see her during the week.. only on weekends

Oh yeah I feel that kuroneko lost in this episode.She confessed first and now is in another school.The author sure put her in a corner.
Old 2013-06-01, 14:30   Link #14
Gundamx

Too bad they cut some stuff from novel like
Spoiler for comparison to the novels for episode 9:

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
So am I the only one who feels that Kyousuke being sad during this episode is normal since he got dumped, or do people these days rebound after an hour or something? Saw some comments in another place which is why I wanted to ask.
Nah it's normal if it girl you like + good relation

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
Sorry to ask this question but Where is matsudo/chiba? is it part of Tokyo(where kyou and kirino live)?

They said it's close but how close? They even can't see her during the week.. only on weekends

Oh yeah I feel that kuroneko lost in this episode.She confessed first and now is in another school.The author sure put her in a corner.
think of it like small city inside middle size city inside big city

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-06-01 at 14:48. Reason: improved description for spoiler tag
Old 2013-06-01, 14:39   Link #15
zero7090

Holyshit, did they change whole studio from director to the the screenplay, ost mixer?
Quote:
think of it like small city inside middle size city inside big city
de heck is that? isnt small city inside big city called a district?
Quote:
Spoiler for Comparison to Big Bang Theory:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-06-01 at 14:53.
Old 2013-06-01, 14:53   Link #16
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
I agree that his reaction is totally normal -- if he weren't sad/depressed by being dumped (and in this way!) then that'd be the more abnormal reaction. I guess perhaps those making this comment didn't really buy that Kyousuke's feelings for Ruri were genuine/heartfelt in the first place... but in that sense I think this episode itself provides the evidence.

In the end, some people sometimes have too high of an expectation of guys, like they should never cry or show emotion even when they're devastated. Some might judge Kyousuke for looking "pathetic" in this episode, but I think it's the more normal reaction.
Old 2013-06-01, 15:01   Link #17
VTP-DDM

Of course it's normal for Kyousuke to be upset. He'd be upset if he were dumped normally since he does genuinely like Kuroneko, but the nature of this breakup was especially painful; the girl who said she loved him more than anything just ended their relationship for no given reason, then upped and left without telling him anything.

There'd be something wrong if he wasn't upset and thinking that he had done something wrong somewhere.

On another note, I feel this is Kirino's best episode to date. We knew she cared for Kyousuke, but it's great to actually see it and for her to actually admit it. It takes a while for her to reach breaking point, so to speak, and it can be frustrating to watch, but these rare moments of honesty are great when they do happen.

I really liked the montage they threw in, too. So many great and enjoyable moments.
Old 2013-06-01, 15:01   Link #18
ion475
にこにこにー

Well...

Spoiler for Comparison to the novels:

2a. On the episode itself and animation quality. The Comiket episode starts it (A bunch of people basically standing around while you have the main characters talking), the Onsen scene with Kuroneko and Kirino did the same thing. Oh well, it's A-1, and it's not like they're the best animation company out there...
3. Oh well, Kirino and Kyousuke getting married next episode (j/k).

Quote:
Google Map is your friend LOL...

BTW, Kyousuke & Kirino live in Chiba City I believe. Matsudo and Chiba are not exactly far from each other (Google Map = ~20 miles distance). Both are within Tokyo Metropolitan Area with Matsudo more or less a suburb of Tokyo (It's locate right between the Tokyo core and Chiba City) while Chiba City is a big city on its own but is still kind of a suburb of Tokyo.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-06-01 at 15:09. Reason: added spoiler tags for comparison
Old 2013-06-01, 15:04   Link #19
joshuafaramir
Book Elitist

All I can say is finally, my angel Ayase is now back on the shooooooow! Love Kuroneko but Ayase > Kuro > Kirino. Grandma still the best though. She's such a sweetheart.
Old 2013-06-01, 17:26   Link #20
kentasaiba

o....key......
Closed Thread