AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-01-01, 20:06   Link #28501
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonLightShadows View Post
Looking at the Rozen Zulu it looks nice. But the dark purple....

Dalong has his review up.
that .. dark purple is horrible.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 20:42   Link #28502
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
that .. dark purple is horrible.
Dark purple? I call that brown . And yeah, it's horrid. For those who bought or will buy this kit, prepare your airbrush. You'll need them.
Old 2013-01-01, 20:58   Link #28503
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
In my opinion this is THE easiest way to make a kit look great if you don't want to paint it. It even makes the sticker decals look better.
Bandai's plastic is of such a high quality that paining it really is almost unnecessary.
I agree. I almost do no painting unless required.

Yes, it's brown in my eyes too. Why do Bandai made it that way. It's HORRIBLE but not as much as HG Full Gransa (even though it's not dark blue anymore, at least it's still blue).

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 22:52   Link #28504
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox View Post
Now a question what did you pleople build yourselves in 2012? I'll take a pictures of everything i built in 2012 later today (as soon as my camara's battery is recharged)
I build the MG 00 Gundam Seven Sword/G and the MG Nu Gundam Ver. ka in 2012. Images may follow
Old 2013-01-01, 23:23   Link #28505
Zeydra
A random passerby

I really hope the Rozen Zulu and Age-1 Gransa are not a sign of a new era of Bandai slacking with their High Grade kits. The Rozen Zulu especially surprises me, given it looks like it's going to be a major suit for the next Unicorn episode I would have thought they would go the extra mile to make it accurate, rather than that glaring colour flaw.

The Age-1 also worries me, as the blue of the Gransa should be closer to grey to distinguish itself from the shade of blue already present on the original Age-1.

They've come so far with the HG line and I will be extremely disappointed if outright incorrect colours becomes standard again.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 00:18   Link #28506
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeydra View Post
I really hope the Rozen Zulu and Age-1 Gransa are not a sign of a new era of Bandai slacking with their High Grade kits. The Rozen Zulu especially surprises me, given it looks like it's going to be a major suit for the next Unicorn episode I would have thought they would go the extra mile to make it accurate, rather than that glaring colour flaw.

The Age-1 also worries me, as the blue of the Gransa should be closer to grey to distinguish itself from the shade of blue already present on the original Age-1.

They've come so far with the HG line and I will be extremely disappointed if outright incorrect colours becomes standard again.
I can't get the point why the colors aren't the same. Aegis, Justice and Infinite Justice no grades have inaccurate colors. Is it cheaper for Bandai to make the Violet/Purple(whatever you wanna call it) to Brown and grayish blue of Gransa to Blue?

C'mon Bandai, provide us with answers so we will all be enlightened.

This is the last day of my vacation and here is my progress so far:

Spoiler for Body:

I curse those gold trims!!! MG Sinanju ver KA isn't for amateurs like me.

Last edited by maknaedik; 2013-01-02 at 00:51. Reason: Added Sinanju pic
Old 2013-01-02, 01:13   Link #28507
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeydra View Post

I think a troll dumped some paint into the injection machines to make the color wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I know about the solidness. I owned a Pink Beargguy . But honestly, I don't think Juaggu looks that cool compared to some AGE's HG kits. Heck, one can even say that Juaggu is downright ugly, but it still got the advantage of being under Unicorn and UC in general . So yeah, that only shows just how unpopular of a show AGE is.

Oh, btw, you shouldn't double post. It's kinda breaking the rules. Just a friendly advice . Please merge them into one post.
Noted
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 05:48   Link #28508
Sworra

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
I can't get the point why the colors aren't the same. Aegis, Justice and Infinite Justice no grades have inaccurate colors. Is it cheaper for Bandai to make the Violet/Purple(whatever you wanna call it) to Brown and grayish blue of Gransa to Blue?

C'mon Bandai, provide us with answers so we will all be enlightened.

This is the last day of my vacation and here is my progress so far:

Spoiler for Body:

I curse those gold trims!!! MG Sinanju ver KA isn't for amateurs like me.
That is some nice work on your Sinanju, very clean build going.. Keep at it
Old 2013-01-02, 07:07   Link #28509
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Dark purple? I call that brown . And yeah, it's horrid. For those who bought or will buy this kit, prepare your airbrush. You'll need them.
it's too red to be brown .. Brurple? Broed? Reowd?!

Prepare the airbrushes? Prepare the Napalm my friend, it'll be needed. i'll shower with it and wash it every night telling it it's not its fault.

Sarcasm aside, it's added to my backlog, i need to buy it so it can be put in the fancy bowing motion Angelo pulled at the end of UC ep5
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 07:28   Link #28510
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworra View Post
That is some nice work on your Sinanju, very clean build going.. Keep at it
Thanks man. But trust me, it ain't clean, at least the gold trims. It's my third time redoing the shield and looks like I'll have to repeat it again, LOL!

Old 2013-01-02, 08:21   Link #28511
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
It has three types of finish, four if you add pearl coating.

First is the gloss. It adds reflectiveness to the kit. They say it's recommended for round and curvy types of gunpla, for example Sinanju. But...

Second is flat. Opposite of gloss, it cuts the shine out of the kit. It's my favorite and preferred finish.

Third is semi-gloss. I think this is the one you've been looking for. Its shine is almost the same as a straight out of the box. It was once used by a modeler that he custom built. I believe it was MG DHell when it's not yet out and fooled a lot of people.

Fourth it pearl gloss. It's the same as gloss but with added pearl effect. You know, glittery stuff and whatnot.

See the pic for reference
Spoiler for Pics:
I see. Thanks for the lesson! I'll pick one of those up in the near future and try it out.

A good friend of mine's not that into gunpla anymore, so he's parking his airbrush at my place for me to give it a try. Bring it on, HGUC Rozen Zulu!
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 09:41   Link #28512
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
I see. Thanks for the lesson! I'll pick one of those up in the near future and try it out.

A good friend of mine's not that into gunpla anymore, so he's parking his airbrush at my place for me to give it a try. Bring it on, HGUC Rozen Zulu!
Just a warning though, I started out as a straight build guy too. I have bought the polishing compound and has a wide range of sand papers. It worked WELL, I even think that the polishing compound was unnecessary. It's currently stocked for 3 years now and never had an opportunity of using it again. After doing so, I went on and try topcoating. I don't want my kits to get scratches and everything so topcoating it made sense. Tried it and next thing I know, I'm already doing some minor mods, even tried doing MG Justice myself but hasn't finished it for more than a year now. Point is, it's fun. Don't limit yourself, not unless you don't really have the time. ENJOY airbrushing (I don't have one, LOL!)

Old 2013-01-02, 11:59   Link #28513
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Besides the MG kits announced for 2013, what MG's do you think are likely to get a 2013 release? Also what MG kits would you be honestly surprised if we got it in 2013? List out 10 for each (likely and surprised to see).
Old 2013-01-02, 15:14   Link #28514
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
Besides the MG kits announced for 2013, what MG's do you think are likely to get a 2013 release? Also what MG kits would you be honestly surprised if we got it in 2013? List out 10 for each (likely and surprised to see).
No point in listing ten as we already now five releases so unless they double up on multiple months we won't even be getting that many new announced MG's.

The only thing I see as likely are 1/2 more Wing suits, likely Altron EW/Sandrock Kai/Heavyarms Kai. Wing Gundam Zero EW has a chance to be a suit they would double up on if they just repackage it like Wing Gundam EW before it. They could drop a Tallgeese II/Leo/OZ suit to use the Leo Frame, but I don't know if they will push the Leo Frame that hard when they still have the Kai's ready to go.

Given Destiny Remaster we could also see a Saviour/Legend/Providence release as well. I don't think we will see a steady stream of MG's from it as we saw from SEED, but I could be wrong.

Outside of these two the only thing I see as likely would be a Sazabi Ver Ka/2.0 and a Nu HWS.

The only thing I want is White Epyon, but I'm tend to doubt they jump to Frozen Teardrop this year for suit releases.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 15:19   Link #28515
suiton629
Master Grade Master

For Wing, I would like to see:

MG Wing Gundam Zero (TV) --> use frame from MG Wing Gundam (TV)
MG Wing GUndam Zero (EW) --> remastered release; use frame from MG Wing Gundam (TV)

* I just received my order with the MG Wing Gundam (TV) and a white Action Base 1 as well as 10 Real Touch markers....muahahhah
Old 2013-01-02, 16:55   Link #28516
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
Outside of these two the only thing I see as likely would be a Sazabi Ver Ka/2.0 and a Nu HWS.
I would love to see these especially the a Sazabi 2.0 but damn these would be super expensive>_<

Couldn't say what I'd expect to see myself, I'm not good at it and part of me doesn't really pay too much attention or put too much thinking into as I've still got a huge back log of stuff to get let along think of whats to come.

What I'd like to see Bandai do tho is give me some more Crossbone Vanguard suits, be them MG or HG, rather like the them ones.
Old 2013-01-02, 17:13   Link #28517
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I would love to see these especially the a Sazabi 2.0 but damn these would be super expensive>_<
Yeah, the giant rifle and and shield of HWS alone will at least add extra 1000 yen to MG Nu Ka's price, and don't even ask me how expensive MG Sazabi Ka would be .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Couldn't say what I'd expect to see myself, I'm not good at it and part of me doesn't really pay too much attention or put too much thinking into as I've still got a huge back log of stuff to get let along think of whats to come.
I agree. Instead of thinking too much of what kits to come, asking others about it, and putting on your wishlist again and again and again, why not enjoy what we already get and do something productive like, say, building your backlog of kits.
Old 2013-01-02, 22:46   Link #28518
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Don't expect much. Wait for the the unexpected else you will be very sad every mth. Just enjoy what they have release so far & help to up their revenue in the purchase .

Just done MG aegis & I am satisfied with the kit so far . Getting a stand soon for it

This is how crazy for me in getting RG zeta

duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 23:04   Link #28519
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
This is how crazy for me in getting RG zeta

....I think you need to go see someone about that

Hope you enjoy building them at least!
Old 2013-01-03, 04:34   Link #28520
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Impressive, which one took the longest ?
(One on the left) What gundam is that? Kind of looks like the Freedom.
RX-93-ν2 Hi-ν Gundam, which it could have been animated.
1/100 Dynames took the longst to complete due to alot of paint work. Pure building the 1/100 MG strike noir took the longest.

Strike noir is a variant of the strike gundam, it's the bad suit in seed Stargazer. It's also my favorite alltime gundam
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy