Old 2013-07-25, 16:26   Link #2241
Shinon

is there any japanese or chinease web or blog which has pic from this novel? :P
Old 2013-07-25, 17:31   Link #2242
noobarta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinon View Post
is there any japanese or chinease web or blog which has pic from this novel? :P
check a few pages earlier, someone posted a link to some of the pics in the book, covers as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by peinmaximus@ View Post
hey guys,down are the two links for the images of vol 7 in the official site(in japanese) of the LN.
http://blog.mediafactory.co.jp/mfbunkoj/?m=20130719
http://blog.mediafactory.co.jp/mfbunkoj/?m=20130718
what you think of the images,guys?
BTW. If you can, zoom in on the pic where Tigre's hugging Olga, and look at her eyes. Notice the tiny hearts~! XD

Last edited by noobarta; 2013-07-25 at 17:56.
noobarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 17:38   Link #2243
n0m@n
C-Z

To tell the truth, even volume 1 was rushed. I mean ending a battle with 80 pages was too short. The dragons made an outstanding appearance. But the first dragon was slayed 2 or 3 pages after it appeared front of Tigre and Ellen.

Though this wasnt the author's fault but the standards LN publishers has. They only allow between 250 to 350 pages(depending on publisher) in the first volume, and the "story" has to have a conclusion in the first volume. There are LN which had received two volumes to end the first story, but those are rare cases. People even say that MF bunkou killed Yamaguchi with their insane demands(sacastic).......

Last edited by n0m@n; 2013-07-25 at 17:49.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 18:25   Link #2244
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobarta View Post
BTW. If you can, zoom in on the pic where Tigre's hugging Olga, and look at her eyes. Notice the tiny hearts
That's just her design, as seen on the volume 6 cover. Several characters have been getting eye-decorations lately, like with Misaki in Index.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 18:27   Link #2245
bakapervert
A pervert

Is there anyone who will translate this volume?
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 00:18   Link #2246
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Tigre went MIA?
Hmm, seems this related to certain Vanadis...
maybe Valentina is the main culprit... like Kidnapping him
Old 2013-07-26, 01:01   Link #2247
noobarta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
Tigre went MIA?
That would definitely be interesting, but doubt it. She wouldn't let him go once she saw how great he is

Maybe he'll get sent to Sachstein. It would also be interesting to see Tigre get captured by some Muozniel merchants who don't know who he is, and he has to fight in a coliseum(Think of the movie Gladiator =D) And ya gotta agree that author sadly hasn't gone into as much of the political repercussions of the civil wars as he could've

He mentioned that a lot of nobles disliked Tigre because he broke the power hierarchy in Brune and thus made trading more difficult. But woulda felt better if he mentioned more specifics on how it slowed, maybe some talks between nobles etc

That and I'd feel better if during the time someone reports that Tigre goes MIA it gives a solid description of the King contemplating how to cover up, what to do etc. While his "aids" other greedy nobles talk about how they could capitalize on it or say bs like he deserved it, and a few who actually offer good plans.

Bit sad to hear that sasha doesn't get to fight as much, HOWEVER. If Sasha somehow gathers up a few of Vanadis in a meeting to find Tigre because of how useless their "king" is, everything will be forgiven and all is well in the world ^_^

*crosses fingers*
noobarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 01:34   Link #2248
holybell84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
Tigre went MIA?
Hmmm.... Kidnapping? Checked. WHIPS? Checked.

Ellen, you are losing out.....
Old 2013-07-26, 01:40   Link #2249
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
To tell the truth, even volume 1 was rushed. I mean ending a battle with 80 pages was too short. The dragons made an outstanding appearance. But the first dragon was slayed 2 or 3 pages after it appeared front of Tigre and Ellen.

Though this wasnt the author's fault but the standards LN publishers has. They only allow between 250 to 350 pages(depending on publisher) in the first volume, and the "story" has to have a conclusion in the first volume. There are LN which had received two volumes to end the first story, but those are rare cases. People even say that MF bunkou killed Yamaguchi with their insane demands(sacastic).......
I'd say it depends on the publishers involved, but yeah, MF Bunko's bothersome that way. Ichijinsha Bunko gives Kawaguchi Tsukasa more leeway with his series over there, and it's not as rushed compared to Vanadis' pacing (plus, he's made a Drama CD of it! squeal!).

Titles I've read from other publishers, like Famitsu or Sneaker, haven't had pacing problems as far as I've read.
Old 2013-07-26, 03:14   Link #2250
Leonardunitylim
Avid Fan of Madan

Quote:
Originally Posted by holybell84 View Post
Hmmm.... Kidnapping? Checked. WHIPS? Checked.

Ellen, you are losing out.....
Technically speaking, he belongs to Ellen and he willingly prefers to be belonging to her so I doubt there is any issue with their relationship. BUT BEING ATTACKED LIKE THAT.... By SOPHIE of all people ... And going MIA ... Ellen's heart gonna sink to edge end if she found out what happened to him lol
Leonardunitylim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 03:17   Link #2251
Leonardunitylim
Avid Fan of Madan

Just asking setsuna , are you continuing with vol 7's translation? Not meant to be rushing or anything but if you do, mind translating the chapter titles on BT? LOL
Leonardunitylim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 05:07   Link #2252
cramped
asexual, cynic, pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardunitylim View Post
Just asking setsuna , are you continuing with vol 7's translation? Not meant to be rushing or anything but if you do, mind translating the chapter titles on BT? LOL
Setsuna gonna do it. END OF STORY.
Old 2013-07-26, 06:58   Link #2253
Brin A'sair

Just a few quick questions.

Has it ever been mentioned how the next emperor is chosen? What I mean is, each of the seven duchies that make up all non-royal lands are held by vanadis who themselves each are chosen by one of the seven viralt. Is there a similar item that chooses the emperor? Or - upon the current emperor's death - do the seven viralt collectively decide who (perhaps usually among the emperor's immediate family / offspring) will be the next emperor? After all, part of the nature of the seven viralt is that upon choosing a new vanadis it directs them to go to and swear loyalty to the current emperor. How do they know who to direct their vanadis to seek out / support?

On a related note, what happens if the seven viralts decide that the emperor is no longer worthy of such loyalty? Can they direct their vanadis to seek out and swear loyalty to someone else at such a time? Or do they simply put up with the current emperor until he dies, then make a point of directing all seven of the vanadis to their [the viralt's] own choice as to who should be next emperor (regardless of what the emperor's family or imperial traditions might dictate)? After all, given their power, if all seven vanadis - at the direction of their viralts - chose to support the same person, I do not think that the empire would have much of a choice except to accept their choice as the next emperor. Or do the viralt have no choice in the matter and must support even those emperors they do not believe are worthy of support? (The latter presuming there is a direct line of descent, ie: the son of the current emperor is the next emperor regardless of the wishes / views of the viralts.)

Also, to make sure I understand the situation, the first seven vanadis were all wives of the first emperor. Does this mean that the current batch are symbolically wives of the current emperor? I cannot recall any mention of any serving vanadis having a husband (while still a vanadis), although with Ludmira being the third generation to hold the ice spear viralt one would presume either that her mother and grandmother married or took a lover while vanadis (presuming, of course, that the viralt was directly handed from mother to daughter).
Brin A'sair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 07:20   Link #2254
setsuna86

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brin A'sair View Post
Just a few quick questions.

Has it ever been mentioned how the next emperor is chosen? What I mean is, each of the seven duchies that make up all non-royal lands are held by vanadis who themselves each are chosen by one of the seven viralt. Is there a similar item that chooses the emperor? Or - upon the current emperor's death - do the seven viralt collectively decide who (perhaps usually among the emperor's immediate family / offspring) will be the next emperor? After all, part of the nature of the seven viralt is that upon choosing a new vanadis it directs them to go to and swear loyalty to the current emperor. How do they know who to direct their vanadis to seek out / support?

On a related note, what happens if the seven viralts decide that the emperor is no longer worthy of such loyalty? Can they direct their vanadis to seek out and swear loyalty to someone else at such a time? Or do they simply put up with the current emperor until he dies, then make a point of directing all seven of the vanadis to their [the viralt's] own choice as to who should be next emperor (regardless of what the emperor's family or imperial traditions might dictate)? After all, given their power, if all seven vanadis - at the direction of their viralts - chose to support the same person, I do not think that the empire would have much of a choice except to accept their choice as the next emperor. Or do the viralt have no choice in the matter and must support even those emperors they do not believe are worthy of support? (The latter presuming there is a direct line of descent, ie: the son of the current emperor is the next emperor regardless of the wishes / views of the viralts.)

Also, to make sure I understand the situation, the first seven vanadis were all wives of the first emperor. Does this mean that the current batch are symbolically wives of the current emperor? I cannot recall any mention of any serving vanadis having a husband (while still a vanadis), although with Ludmira being the third generation to hold the ice spear viralt one would presume either that her mother and grandmother married or took a lover while vanadis (presuming, of course, that the viralt was directly handed from mother to daughter).
Just to make one Point clear: The King is not Chosen by a Viralt, or the Viralt did not decide if a King is suitable or not. In Zchted, the King's choice is like in other countries (Brune and Asvarre, etc), the succession to the throne by the the offspring of the previous king.
Another Point is that, I think, the Viralt did not direct the Vanadis to go and swear her allegence to the King. It's a matter of course that the Chosen Vanadis should swear allegence to the King (as it had always be). When a viralt chooses a Vanadis, it did not decide whether or not the Vanadis should Support the King. I think the Vanadis is the one to decide and the Viralt of course abides his master's commands.

Certainly the first seven Vanadis was the wives of the King founder, but you cannot that the current 7 seven Vanadis are the wives of the current King. It's not something established.
Well, it's all I have to say for the time being.
setsuna86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 07:36   Link #2255
Brin A'sair

I had thought that loyalty to the emperor was one of the things a viralt required to stay with a vanadis. I must have misremembered. Thanks.

Hmm, this does make the emperor's distrust of the vanadis much more understandable. Prior I had thought it a sign of slight paranoia, but if there is no impetus for any of the vanadis to be loyal to him, then if most of them ever chose to follow someone else, they could break up the empire at whim, and there would be little he could do about that - especially if the vanadis were also well liked by most of those living in their territories. I'm surprised the empire has lasted as long as it has, although perhaps all the emperors since the first have been playing the vanadis against each other, sending two to fight a third, and so forth.
Brin A'sair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 08:12   Link #2256
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

I wonder what will happen when Ellen found out that her best friend stole her best man haha .
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 08:40   Link #2257
setsuna86

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer91 View Post
I wonder what will happen when Ellen found out that her best friend stole her best man haha .
Tigre was not stolen. Tigre belong to all.
Old 2013-07-26, 08:53   Link #2258
cramped

Quote:
Originally Posted by setsuna86 View Post
Tigre was not stolen. Tigre belong to all.
Nah, it's all fine as long as Tigre doesn't touch the loli.
Old 2013-07-26, 08:55   Link #2259
setsuna86

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramped View Post
Nah, it's all fine as long as Tigre doesn't touch the loli.
What? Don't you want Tigre to touch Olga? Well, even if it does not, I think it will be the opposite.
Or do you want to Keep Olga for yourselves?
Old 2013-07-26, 09:43   Link #2260
cramped

Quote:
Originally Posted by setsuna86 View Post
What? Don't you want Tigre to touch Olga? Well, even if it does not, I think it will be the opposite.
Or do you want to Keep Olga for yourselves?
None shall defile the loli. The loli must remain pure.

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)