AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2007-05-23, 14:55   Link #21
HinaThePrince

I love Ali Project. One of my favorite bands. Some of my favorite songs of theirs are the Rozen Maiden OPs, Have Some Tea on the Cafe Terrace and Kopperia no Hitsugi. Mm, I haven't listened to their non-anime songs for a while. I think I'll go do that now~
HinaThePrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-05, 17:06   Link #22
AC23
The Sulking Human

Well, I do like Ali-project. The openings to Rozen Maiden add a type of sado-masochist feel to it for some reason.

Has anyone listened to the lyrics for their songs?

I think the one I'm having difficulty with would be Boukoku Kakusei Catharsis. Here's the link for the english lyrics. http://filer.case.edu/slc15/kashu/ly...catharsis.html

It's like puzzle poetry or something like that. I know it's implying themes of lost happiness among other things, but it might also be referring to Christian themes.

I can only figure out parts of it, but I have no idea what the over all feel of it is.

Anyone willing to help me out?
AC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 22:29   Link #23
SatanicZero

well i knew ALI-project through wathcing .hack//Roots....i love the music

Last edited by SatanicZero; 2007-08-06 at 22:29. Reason: Spelling Error
SatanicZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 11:13   Link #24
Scarecrow*
Neneko Shinjitsu!

They're awesome!
I really like they're medieval sound, really badass stuff.

Arika has actually listened to Animeamaze *points at sig*
Scarecrow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-13, 15:31   Link #25
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
I've found out that ALI PROJECT's style is rather different when they're not composing for anime series. That style is much, much closer to idolish light-hearted pop and it really, really turns me off. I haven't listened to a great deal of their stuff other than their anime works (namely, their "Collection Simple Plus" album, which includes a couple of their anime singles), however, that's the general impression it left on me.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-15, 08:02   Link #26
clowezra
Maho!

Send a message via AIM to clowezra Send a message via MSN to clowezra
I ADORE ALI PROJECT. Ugh, I'm such a fanboy, it's almost pathetic. I own all of their albums, all the way to their first Ant Project stuff released in 1988. I dislike their White Alice music, but I don't see why everyone has a problem with the strings collections. I love their stuff like Kamigami no Tasogare, I dun see how people could dislike it. But, of course, my preferred style is their Black Alice music, especially stuff like Hizamazuite Ashi wo Oname.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight
I've found out that ALI PROJECT's style is rather different when they're not composing for anime series. That style is much, much closer to idolish light-hearted pop
That's simply because Collection Simple Plus was a collection of ALI PROJECT's White Alice(White Alice is essentially how Arika refers to their style when they released light-hearted, cheerier songs. Black Alice is her Rozen Maiden type of music) music. I really wouldn't let that leave an impression on you. I despised Collection Simple Plus, and I'm thrilled that they've stopped with the White Alice.=o You should seriously try some of their other albums, like Sou Bikakei and Noblerot.
clowezra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 22:55   Link #27
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
That's simply because Collection Simple Plus was a collection of ALI PROJECT's White Alice(White Alice is essentially how Arika refers to their style when they released light-hearted, cheerier songs. Black Alice is her Rozen Maiden type of music) music. I really wouldn't let that leave an impression on you. I despised Collection Simple Plus, and I'm thrilled that they've stopped with the White Alice.=o You should seriously try some of their other albums, like Sou Bikakei and Noblerot.
Okay, then, I'll consider it. Thanks for the info.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 23:06   Link #28
Nyao
>Enter title here<
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Nyao
I like this band, I heard some of their music on .hack//
Nyao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-24, 11:45   Link #29
Caldron
Aria feels good....

Location: In my cube (it looked kinda rectangular though, he says)...
yeah, I particularly like .hack//roots ending. But Rozen Maiden musics were quite interesting too...

Caldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-06, 21:22   Link #30
SnEptUne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson View Post
Ali Project is hit or miss. I really like the duo's faster songs since they incorporate all sorts of neat sounds. However, the slower violin-only songs are incredibly boring. It is like pulling teeth trying to listen to all five minutes.
I agree that ALI Project's song is a hit or miss. I like Pure Pastel from Maria-sama-ga Miteru and songs made for Rozen Maiden and Code Gease. I however prefer slower songs.

Does anyone know any good slow song from ALI Project? Something like Pure Pastel?
SnEptUne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-13, 01:11   Link #31
Icarisain
Shizuru Supporter #43

Send a message via MSN to Icarisain
Can't believe that I hadn't seen this thread earlier!

First heard the band on their single Ashura Hime, which was, to be honest, of quite a different style from what my tastes were then. That was about two years ago, and am I glad that I did like the song and their style after some time

Recently, ikka was lucky enough to come across an EAC collection of their discography up till Collection Simple Plus on a Chinese site, because their work isn't easy to come by over here...(the only hardcopy album I possess is .hack//roots OST 2) and my love for the band went deeper. *laugh* Before that I only had most of their titles on mp3 because those were more recent distros.

I think alipro really made a difference in my tastes by getting me into gothic music (and classical-ish stuff to some extent), though I enjoyed their attempts at incorporating other forms and styles as well, such as on the Dilettante and Psychedelic Insanity albums which were flavored with Chinese/Japanese folk music and Arabic music respectively on some tracks.

People who share my love for the band have been hard to come by (is it sad to be surrounded by people who like mainstream pop and R&B?), and I am very fortunate to have a schoolmate that likes alipro's sound as well. The thing is, she first heard them on my music player, so I'd like to think that I played a part in it too xD

Ending off this long post, ikka will just say that Grand Finale was a good listen, giving many of their previously released songs a new twist
Icarisain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-13, 14:41   Link #32
3:16
Excellence Of Execution

Send a message via MSN to 3:16
I think Ali Project is one the Japanese music I listen the most.I like everything I've heard from them(Rozen Maiden and .Hack//Roots OST,most).
3:16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 14:47   Link #33
Claymore_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
I've found out that ALI PROJECT's style is rather different when they're not composing for anime series. That style is much, much closer to idolish light-hearted pop and it really, really turns me off. I haven't listened to a great deal of their stuff other than their anime works (namely, their "Collection Simple Plus" album, which includes a couple of their anime singles), however, that's the general impression it left on me.
I've listened to only anime songs by Ali Project (and I love them), but I'm surprised to hear that their style is different for not-anime songs...
I really thought "oh wow if the anime op and ed are so good, the whole discography must be fantastic"
Old 2007-12-18, 16:30   Link #34
Mnemosyne
Ruler of the Universe

That's not entirely correct... A lot of their non-anime songs are fast paced and synthesizer-ed with a good beat and all that, like their anime songs... Otome no Inori, Ai to Makoto and Sensou to Heiwa, for example... but they also have a lot of slower, more orchestra-ish songs like Narcisse Noir and kami no yuki... Then there's the waltzy stuff like Bianca... which is... waltz-y....

And then there are those freakishly normal sounding songs that scare me like LABRYINTH and Pastel Pure...
Old 2007-12-18, 18:43   Link #35
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarisain View Post
Ending off this long post, ikka will just say that Grand Finale was a good listen, giving many of their previously released songs a new twist
Yeah, it sounds really nice with an orchestra playing the music.
Old 2007-12-21, 01:57   Link #36
Stephanie
You can reach for my hand

Send a message via Yahoo to Stephanie
I am inlove with some of their music.. And I'm indulging in "Forbidden Play" or "Forbidden Game" right now.. Check this guy out in YouTube playing the damn song in his guitar: Clicky!

First, he was playing a song from "Castlevania" for 25 seconds, then after that, indulge in Forbidden Play goodness ^_^
Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 14:33   Link #37
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Ali Project is one of my favourites~

Kinjirareta Asobi, National Awakening Catharsis & Baragoku Otome,etc, I love all of them!

One question, can Ali Project be referred as indie-pop/rock singer?
Phantasmagoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 01:23   Link #38
Desukashino

I registered just to reply to this thread <_<

I'm a huge fan of Ali Project, and have all of their albums, with the exception of "Romance" which I can't find anywhere.

Honestly, I love it all. The White Alice stuff may be typical, light j-pop, but it's very catchy and it's easy to get it stuck in your head for hours. Right now, for example, my internal mp3 player is playing "bianca" over and over again.

Of course, the Black Alice stuff just rocks. All of it.

My favorites:
Coppelia no Hitsugi (both the dance version and the violin/slower version from Moonlight Intoxication)
Narcisse Noir
Rose Moon (and all of it's incarnations... piano, orchestral, etc.)
Haru Houmu
Otome no Inori
Fuyu Monogatari
And then of course, all the Rozen Maiden OPs.
Desukashino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 04:13   Link #39
Icarisain
Shizuru Supporter #43

Send a message via MSN to Icarisain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desukashino View Post

I'm a huge fan of Ali Project, and have all of their albums, with the exception of "Romance" which I can't find anywhere.
I'd be willing to send you ROMANCE (no booklet however, no one seems to have it up TT^TT), but because DL links aren't allowed, let's discuss this somewhere else.
Icarisain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 05:46   Link #40
Claymore_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desukashino View Post

Honestly, I love it all. The White Alice stuff may be typical, light j-pop, but it's very catchy and it's easy to get it stuck in your head for hours. Right now, for example, my internal mp3 player is playing "bianca" over and over again.

Of course, the Black Alice stuff just rocks. All of it.

My favorites:
Coppelia no Hitsugi (both the dance version and the violin/slower version from Moonlight Intoxication)
Narcisse Noir
Rose Moon (and all of it's incarnations... piano, orchestral, etc.)
Haru Houmu
Otome no Inori
Fuyu Monogatari
And then of course, all the Rozen Maiden OPs.
Ok, I'm lost with White Alice/Black Alice
Wikipedia says White Alice was earlier period and Black Alice is recent period. But Bianca is White alice even if it's a 2006 song?
And, the songs you list are White Alice or Black Alice?