AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 8 17.02%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 14.89%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 40.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 12.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 12.77%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.13%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-30, 16:51   Link #341
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retsoor View Post
Hayate was their General, and ultimately it is the General's responsibility. Neither not knowing nor not being able to stop them is an excuse. She should know, and she should lead. Otherwise, goodbye to kitchen.
In a sense, what they did was considered mutiny against Hayate.

Meaning at that time, Hayate was not longer able to control their actions because they have already decided to do so against her wishes.
Old 2007-07-30, 17:49   Link #342
Som1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
In a sense, what they did was considered mutiny against Hayate.

Meaning at that time, Hayate was not longer able to control their actions because they have already decided to do so against her wishes.
But nevertheless, if your crew mutinies, that still means its yur fault as you somehow failed to please and prevent the mutiny. (In this case this does not apply but you get where im getting at)
Old 2007-07-30, 17:59   Link #343
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Som1 View Post
But nevertheless, if your crew mutinies, that still means its yur fault as you somehow failed to please and prevent the mutiny. (In this case this does not apply but you get where im getting at)
I 'get' what you mean. However, I would also like to add that some mutinies are because of someone trying to seize control of power from the leader. Not because of unfair treatment but rather the greed for power.

And they won't be pleased with any less.
Old 2007-07-30, 18:39   Link #344
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Som1 View Post
…None of it applies because she was just a little girl, not a military officer at the time. Under Earth laws, she is not responsible for anything the Wolkenritter does, except in the arguable case of her ordering them to do something but that doesn't apply here.
Old 2007-07-30, 18:43   Link #345
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I wonder if Jail has a large dining table for 13+ in his lab?

No matter how mad he is, he still needs to eat, right?
Old 2007-07-30, 18:58   Link #346
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I wonder if Jail has a large dining table for 13+ in his lab?

No matter how mad he is, he still needs to eat, right?
... That could...

Have a very high potential for something entertaining....

(I don't know, maybe they all run on a 10v Energizer battery...)
Old 2007-07-30, 19:08   Link #347
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Spoiler for rant on morality:
Spoiler for Morality discussion:

Quote:
Back then, he was merely a lowly Enforcer. A good one to be sure, but not all that valuable a target. Now, he's an Admiral, a much more important target. Personally, I think the TSAB Navy hands out Admiral ranks too easily. They have so many that they serve as ship captains? Admirals are supposed to be fleet commanders!
Entirely agree with you on this, but I was answering a post where we were poking at StrikerS apparent eagerness to shaft all the men.
Old 2007-07-30, 19:22   Link #348
Tigryn

It hasn't been mentioned yet, but did anyone else notice Subaru's eyes turned heterochromic in the OP - the Numbers' yellow, and her own green.

...And I think that it's a pretty good look for her.

Last edited by Tigryn; 2007-07-30 at 21:10. Reason: Left out a word. :P
Old 2007-07-30, 20:47   Link #349
Meophist

I wonder if heterochromia is a theme in StrikerS or something?
Old 2007-07-30, 20:50   Link #350
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
I wonder if heterochromia is a theme in StrikerS or something?
It increases the number of Hair-Eyes colour combinations they can give a character.
Old 2007-07-30, 21:06   Link #351
Meophist

Quote:
It increases the number of Hair-Eyes colour combinations they can give a character.
Well, that's true. Soon, I guess, we'll have multi-coloured hair.
Old 2007-07-30, 21:10   Link #352
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
Well, that's true. Soon, I guess, we'll have multi-coloured hair.
We already have complete hair colour change though
Old 2007-07-30, 23:36   Link #353
Fabien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigryn View Post
It hasn't been mentioned yet, but did anyone else notice Subaru's eyes turned heterochromic in the OP - the Numbers' yellow, and her own green.
What about Vivio? Maybe her red eye refers to "Project Fate", while her green eye refers to the research which created Subaru and Ginga?
Old 2007-07-30, 23:44   Link #354
Key Board
Carbon

Regarding villains, it's all about image.

Scag and his gang are in a word, cold.

Scag has a twisted glint in his eyes. His face contorts. He laughs like mad and he revels in his mayhem.

Most of his numbers consist of a dead pan gang of cyborgs. Very mechanical in comparison, pun intended. The most flamboyant ones haven't been that nice. Quattro, is sneering and arrogant. Nove has just slightly more personality than a Transformers movie Decepticon.

The Cloud knights on the other hand, operate on the code of belka knights: introduction, honor, duty and people like that. Furthermore, they are otherwise nice and friendly people on their off days who help and interact with the community.

You won't see a number hugging a mechanical plush bunny and asking for a warm cup of oil, for comparison. Their idea of a free time is sleeping in a recovery capsule, devising counter mage maneuvers, or simply strolling around waiting for the next mission. Very utilitarian.

The cloud knights have a personal struggle. They are acting against their master's orders, racing against a narrow time frame to a save their master. An act that may or may not work. Fate had a personal struggle. You could see the sense of urgency in her actions. Their desperation is well portrayed within the story. Tears were literally shed over this in the story.

What personal struggle do Scag and the numbers have? Scag seems to operate under a relaxed timetable and everything thrown at him so far is met with a "oh really? Well that's just going as planned" response. I've never seen Vita say anything along the lines of "why haven't you dealt with that thrash, yet?" I have for the numbers. If anything his group comes of as overconfident.

I actually feel more personal struggle from Lutecia, Zest and Agito, who are the real staple villains of StrikerS, IMO
Old 2007-07-30, 23:51   Link #355
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabien View Post
What about Vivio? Maybe her red eye refers to "Project Fate", while her green eye refers to the research which created Subaru and Ginga?
That said, shouldn't Erio's eyes be red then?
Old 2007-07-31, 00:03   Link #356
Nemesis

Quote:
That said, shouldn't Erio's eyes be red then?
Maybe he hasnt been awakened yet?Btw who is the guy who took Erio away from his parents?
Old 2007-07-31, 00:04   Link #357
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigryn View Post

...And I think that it's a pretty good look for her.
Just watched the HQ raw. Her eyes are both green

Old 2007-07-31, 00:14   Link #358
Nemesis

Quote:
We already have complete hair colour change though
and Yeah,its kinda strange how Caro and Erio have natural born Red and Pink hair.God Knows what hair woudl their child be.
Old 2007-07-31, 00:18   Link #359
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

IMO, DR. J has the odour of someone who is so clinically removed from humanity in the pursuit of science that he's surrounded himself with machines and a legion of Stepford Wives . In this way, I'd prefer to call him dangerously amoral with greed, arrogance and megalomania thrown into the mix.

Make no mistake, this is not a "Nice" person with the redeemable traits of sacrifice or misplaced love seen by the S1 and S2 antagonists. Of course, should the writers can cop out and turn him into some sort of holy martyr at the end is entirely up to them. For that, I'd rather wait till the end and just appreciate the creepy bast@rd for holding his own against a crew of demonic cannon girls .

Likely the only thing preventing one of his "babies" from smacking him in is their unity as a closed sisterhood and the fact that his drones are literally brainless as to actual control. The Numbers get all the emotional support required from one another, regardless of the abuse or what he ask them to do. They are too busy propping each other up to actually deal with him. His XO's from number 1 to 3 I'd say tolerate and support him by virtue of being on top of the heap.

Should he ever get done in at the end, it's going to be from an outsider introduced to the system. At the moment, he has about 3 sitting in his base. Ginga who is now a tubegirl, Vivio on the trauma table and the wildcard Lutecia in the event the Dr. can't deliver as promised.

My bet? Vivio after whatever is done to her goes wild and thrashes the base. Ginga is unlikely to recover too soon and Lute at the moment is holding that he's telling the truth.
Old 2007-07-31, 00:25   Link #360
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00 View Post
Maybe he hasnt been awakened yet?Btw who is the guy who took Erio away from his parents?
Alicia's eyes' were originally red. Hence Fate's are too.

It has nothing to do with the project.
Closed Thread