AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-04-18, 10:49   Link #281
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Still feels like it takes forever though that might be because I'm only soloing. Got up to 23 last night and went through all the Forest missions on hard.

Should I stick to stuff on hard or continue clearing through client orders and unlocking all the areas first?
Best thing to do is to combine COs for a region and do s-rank runs, besides that MPA and EQ are the best way to level up quickly, especially eldar falz EQ, where you should use exp boosters. On VH you can net at least around 250k+ exp during that EQ. Once you reach VH, AQ are the best way to level up. Also playing in a party gives you more exp per kill. Alternatively is to use friend bots or NPC, to create a full party, funnily enough that also gives you the exp bonus.
If you are running forest runs for example, take COs like gulf kills, weather conditions with you. It is also worth checking out daily COs and doing Time Attacks COs.
If you are on ship2 or ship10 send me a friend request I'll give you a hand if I'm online.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 10:59   Link #282
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Best thing to do is to combine COs for a region and do s-rank runs, besides that MPA and EQ are the best way to level up quickly, especially eldar falz EQ, where you should use exp boosters. On VH you can net at least around 250k+ exp during that EQ. Once you reach VH, AQ are the best way to level up. Also playing in a party gives you more exp per kill. Alternatively is to use friend bots or NPC, to create a full party, funnily enough that also gives you the exp bonus.
If you are running forest runs for example, take COs like gulf kills, weather conditions with you. It is also worth checking out daily COs and doing Time Attacks COs.
If you are on ship2 or ship10 send me a friend request I'll give you a hand if I'm online.
Yeah I've been using the friend bots mainly just because they increase spawns on stuff. I'm assuming Eldar Falz is in the underground?

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy

Last edited by Xacual; 2013-04-18 at 11:10.
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 12:16   Link #283
Sides

Quote:
Yeah I've been using the friend bots mainly just because they increase spawns on stuff. I'm assuming Eldar Falz is in the underground?
Nah, elder falz is the space battle thing. It is similar to Vadha's EQ, as both are Multiparty Battles. IF the Falz EQ is on your see "State of Raid" on the movie screens in the lobby.
That fight is divided in two part, the first 30min are battle against his hand, those fight tend to last around 20sec to 5min(max) depending on the parties. And because they end quickly you can earn a lot of exp, on average you could do 10-15 runs during the 30min.
As for the 2nd phase you have to be careful, as most of the people are set out to break all of his arms, especially a Japanese players. The lower two arms during are not destructible, during the first part those arms covers his core and during the second they are located on the far sides, so be careful not to attack those and his core, until all the other arms are broken. If you check on the Japanese wiki, you will see what i mean, link. The red marked arms, in the funny drawing, are indestructible. (you need to scroll down a bit.)
Old 2013-04-18, 21:03   Link #284
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

I remember doing Falz runs with JP players, and they'd get REALLY pissed off whenever people would just recklessly butt heads with Falz, especially since we were doing VH and they really wanted the drops. All that image spam showing which arms to hit, when to use shock-laced spells and attacks, and yet some players still ignore them. Hahaha. Gi Zonde's the best in this battle, mmmmmm.

I second EQs as the fastest and best way to level up. Just get yourself in a crowded block, follow that block's difficulty for the upcoming EQ, and you should be able to drown in EXP as everyone slaughters everything together. I don't know if it's still available, but the City EQs with the 500 points were the best ones for this. I remember getting 5, 6 level ups in one day thanks to these EQs - constant boss spawns didn't hurt, either.

You'd definitely want to do Time Attack COs for the cash, too.
Old 2013-04-22, 19:30   Link #285
Xacual

Anyone around on ship 2 at the moment? Vol Dragon on hard is constantly kicking my ass(does his breath get a bigger radius as his health goes because I dodge the first two fine but third one kills me, yes I know I'm killing it slowly and tail breaking isn't going well) and I can't get Fighter unlocked because of it.

Character name is Veriti, account is the same.

Edit: I swear his damn breath attack. I had him "almost dead" and then his breath blast got me again. I don't even know how I keep getting hit when I dodge them fine all the other times.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy

Last edited by Xacual; 2013-04-23 at 00:23.
Old 2013-04-24, 07:06   Link #286
Sides

Minor update this week.
What is new are, new Time Attack course (dragon altar), new AC scratch items (check the catalog, for more details)
also there are some campaigns starting this week:
EQ campaign 8: clear Vadha EQ or Fang EQ from the 24th/APR until the 8th/May and you will receive
-Advance capsule b (x10)
-Grind Success +10% (x2)
-Grinder (x99)
Check the official campaign page for scheduled EQs!

EQ campaign 9: clear Eldar Falz EQ from the 4th/APR until the 8th/May and you will receive:
-04 x Capsule C
-02 x Grind Risk Reduction (+1)
-99 x Grinders
Check the official campaign page for time tabled EQs!

CO campaigns:
クロト CO: clear any one of these CO "まずは気軽に力試しIV・V・VI (IV, V or VI)" and you will get:
-05 x Capsule A
-02 x EXP+50%

フランカ CO: clear the "!ソル・ディランダールの肉の調達" CO and get receive:
-10 x Capsule A
-02 x EXP+50%
-01 x Grind Risk Reduction (+2)

There is also vita and AC spend capaigns, for those check the official site (vita campaign, spend AC ! campaign) or http://bumped.org/psublog/
Old 2013-04-24, 08:01   Link #287
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Anyone around on ship 2 at the moment? Vol Dragon on hard is constantly kicking my ass(does his breath get a bigger radius as his health goes because I dodge the first two fine but third one kills me, yes I know I'm killing it slowly and tail breaking isn't going well) and I can't get Fighter unlocked because of it.

Character name is Veriti, account is the same.

Edit: I swear his damn breath attack. I had him "almost dead" and then his breath blast got me again. I don't even know how I keep getting hit when I dodge them fine all the other times.
By breath attack, do you mean when he's just spraying his breath in front of him while stationary/moving? When I used to main Fighter/Hunter, I always focused on his tail, then just whacked away on his frontal horn/neck horn when he was down. His tail attacks are easy to see coming, and whatever fire pillar he summons can be easily evaded by just running anyways.

I'd recommend watching this, if only to get an idea of when to watch out for his cues. Fighting the bosses the first time around is always intimidating, but watching videos of them being soloed in H/VF helps give an idea of how to manage your fights with them.

And if it helps, grab a weapon with a Freeze ailment chance. It may not be completely reliable, but having Vol frozen for a few seconds helps out a lot.
Old 2013-04-24, 09:34   Link #288
Sides

Quote:
You only need to have WL for the killing hit. Best way to defeat her, solo, is to aim for her horns or head. Only when she buffs herself into the 2nd stage, gold/yellow armor, that is when you should target her tail, to de-buff her.
Posting on this board for help can be awkward, due to timezones aso. Best way is to find and join a team, for the long term or add people on your friend list, as you can see if they are logged on or not.

Just read on bumped that “Extreme Quests” are coming on the 15th May!
Basically you can clear up to 40 floors with different challenges on each of them. For your effort you get rare items as reward!
If the details are true, you can only enter this endgame feature, once you hit level 50.
Read more on it over on bumped.com
Old 2013-04-24, 10:25   Link #289
Xacual

I meant the explosion breath it does at full buff. I ended up getting her though I had to level up a bit more and grab a better wired lance off the player stores.

Old 2013-04-24, 10:56   Link #290
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

You mean when it flies way up?

Just move your view up so you can see it above you, and make sure you stay under it at all times and chase its tail. Guaranteed miss.
Old 2013-04-24, 14:16   Link #291
Sides

Quote:
I meant the explosion breath it does at full buff. I ended up getting her though I had to level up a bit more and grab a better wired lance off the player stores.
Pretty much what Hemisphere posted, or use Just Guard. You can block all attacks with JG, and probably one of the most important skills Hunters have.
Old 2013-04-24, 17:41   Link #292
Xacual

And here I always ran far away and just strafed and it missed. I always did that and had no problems so I was bothered by this time having issues with it.

I need to get better at using guard. I always tend to forget about it.

Old 2013-04-25, 00:51   Link #293
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Guard does help for Hunters, but don't get too used to it, if you're planning to main Fighters. Once you switch to Fighter, Guard is close to nonexistent, and you'll have to rely on dodges (Double Saber/Fists) or invul frames (Twin Dagger) to avoid taking damage.
Old 2013-04-25, 14:18   Link #294
Sides

Quote:
And here I always ran far away and just strafed and it missed. I always did that and had no problems so I was bothered by this time having issues with it.

I need to get better at using guard. I always tend to forget about it.
Well actually you can just dodge into the fire attack, if you don't want to justguard. Not sure if you can do it without 3 points on step advance. That is one way I do it, when playing as fighter.
Old 2013-05-15, 06:25   Link #295
Sides

Gigantic update today.
[stirke]-New AQ quests for urban (city parts of the ships), ruins and dragon sanctuary.[/strike] this is coming next update, sorry
-Extreme quest, basically you clear VR challenges on each floor, with different conditions, not use clearing the mobs or boss.
-Arks GP, time limited event!
-New Mag cap level, went from 150 to now 175 (your mags can still evolve after level150, so be careful!)
-new team rental thing, a woodland course thing, a lot of jumping an sliding
-Sega's Shining Series costumes
-Frog rappies
-new units and weapons, plus more collection and grinding

Episode 2 is set for this summer, IIRC, which probably will introduce a new race, so it is up to you if you want to start now, unless you already playing this game, or wait until episode 2 is out.

Last edited by Sides; 2013-05-18 at 04:00.
Old 2013-05-18, 00:19   Link #296
waffler

just to be sure this game is still coming out for na right?
waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 04:02   Link #297
Sides

No one knows. The last time I checked Sega West's job section, last year, there were a posts up for game-masters for an MMO, so either those position are filled or project is scrapped, no one knows. Just wait for E3 I guess.
Old 2013-05-31, 13:02   Link #298
Sides

Wow, it has been almost one year that PSO2 went public. So what is next? Of course it is episode 2!
Premium retail version of episode2 will be available soonish, source bumped.org/psublog, www.g-heaven.net (official PSO2 support blog).
Like the first retail pack, this one will feature the latest client, 30day premium ticket and some other goodie stuff (costume and mag cell) for in-game and an mini OST.

As for western release, I reckon there will be some news during E3...
There is some minor news that Asiasoft will be hosting the asian version, with english language support, but that isn't really interesting for most of us, due to lag (for most of us the physical distance to SoJ servers and to Asiasoft's ones is probably about the same, so no point really to join them). But if you are living in southeast asia, it is would be probably a good less expensive alternative.

BTW this weeks update included:
-new AQs for urban area, ruins and dragon sanctuary
-new extreme stage
-new weapons
-new costumes
Old 2013-06-10, 02:53   Link #299
Sides

Some update
On July the 17th episode 2 will be released! The new race Dumans and new class bravers, including their class specific weapons katana and bows, will be featured in the second part of the story.
So does it mean you have to re-roll your current character? No, we will be getting a free extra character slot. But you will still have to level your new character.

There is actually a lot of new things and changes coming with episode two, like subclasses gaining some exp, support partners, mini rooms , new bosses and fields aso. You can find a summary on bumped.org/psublog and pso2blog.wordpress.com
Old 2013-06-10, 17:18   Link #300
Xacual

I'm happy they are giving us an extra character slot but having to get all those tickets and other things over again really sucks. I wish that kind of stuff carried over between characters. At least outfits will so that's one saving.

Tags
pc-windows