AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-21, 20:24   Link #281
Sugarless Ocean
Ms. Procrastinator

No shirtless Tooru!? How can this be! Dx Is he not involved in the episode at all?

Ah, can you send me a link? I wanna read it too! 'A'
Old 2011-06-21, 20:30   Link #282
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

Uh...well I think I read it on 4chan but I think someone also posted it here on Animesuki. Hold on, let me see if I can get a hold of it. xD;;

And yeah, if its a school trip = no shirtless Tooru

EDIT:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...=103671&page=4

Now let me look for translation.

EDIT 2: Urgh, sorry, I can't find them. D: But basically for ep 13 it said that Ohana's mom would be staying at the inn and would be inspecting every single little aspect of it. For episode 14, it said that they were going on a school fild trip near the beach and that they would be staying in an Inn. The heir of this inn, is Yuina´s childhood friend, Yousuke (his name is I think).

Last edited by .x.crii.x.; 2011-06-21 at 20:43.
Old 2011-06-21, 20:55   Link #283
Sugarless Ocean
Ms. Procrastinator

Eh, it's okay if you can't find the translation. Thanks anyway

At least Tooru will probably show up in the next episode. Most likely... >.<

EDIT: btw, what does it say about episode 13? I translated in using google and although it's not that understandable, it says Satsuki takes Ohana away? :O
Old 2011-06-23, 02:53   Link #284
typhonsentra

So why is this thread like, 10x larger than the other character discussion threads? Did this show end up attracting an unusually high number or fujoshi or what?
Old 2011-06-23, 03:11   Link #285
littlegal100

From what I see Tohru just has very vocal fans this this forum. Nothing bad personally.
Old 2011-06-23, 06:25   Link #286
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlegal100 View Post
From what I see Tohru just has very vocal fans this this forum. Nothing bad personally.
I think it has more to do with the fact that Tohru is the only male character on this show who gets enough consistent screen time to warrant discussing anything about him. He's been the most fleshed out male character so far.

Not to sound to harsh, but there isn't exactly allot at this point that people would want to talk about say, Ko
Old 2011-06-23, 06:52   Link #287
hanashi

He also interacts quite a bit with Minko and Ohana (and we know triangles bring the drama! ) and I think all of them end up being talked about in this thread. Plus, I've noticed that the main character thread talks about the other main character but rarely Tohru.
Old 2011-06-23, 07:40   Link #288
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Well that might have something to do with so much of the discussion about Tohru happening in here
Old 2011-06-23, 07:51   Link #289
hanashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Well that might have something to do with so much of the discussion about Tohru happening in here
lol. And the people in this thread are much less serious than the main thread. I like Tohru/Ohana but my world won't end if it doesn't happen, whereas some of the Ko/Ohana shippers in the main thread...I worry for them. (And now, I'm half rooting for Tohru/Ohana just so I can watch the main thread go BOOM. [/troll] )

Last edited by hanashi; 2011-06-23 at 07:52. Reason: Typing before coffee...bad idea.
Old 2011-06-23, 17:11   Link #290
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

Basically what littlegal and Rambo said. We're more vocal and Tooru has gotten some pretty good screentime.

And well, Tooru fanbase is mostly girls which would be more inclined to talk about Tooru than say Ko fanbase (which I assume is mostly guys) would be inclined to talk about Ko.
Old 2011-06-26, 21:30   Link #291
Sugarless Ocean
Ms. Procrastinator

What's this? No posts of Tooru pics? No fangirling on how hot he looked this week? Crii~ have you given up? :<
Old 2011-06-26, 21:54   Link #292
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

Eeeh, I haven't really "given up". Its more like..."I don't really care anymore?" But I still do support TooruxOhana. :P

Anyway, I think Ko is pretty much out of the picture now. Next week is new OP so I'm looking forward to it. Will be epicly godly if we get a lot of TooruxOhana hints. (They might just make me get all hyped up about this ship all over again.) I swear, right now my head is up in the clouds filled with nothing but Tiger & Bunny. xDD

Anyway, Tooru discussion: Jesus, Tooru! How much of an amazing and wonderful guy can you be?!

You:
. Have a job
. Are Handsome
. Can cook
. Have a motorcycle
. Are responsible
. Know how to support people
. Understanding
. Don't smoke
. Don't drink when driving

Oh man, its so hard to find RL guys like him. D:
Old 2011-06-26, 22:24   Link #293
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarless Ocean View Post
What's this? No posts of Tooru pics? No fangirling on how hot he looked this week? Crii~ have you given up? :<
Well we didn't exactly see much of Tohru this episode. This was really a familiy bonding episode.
Old 2011-06-28, 02:52   Link #294
magrat

That's a good list of why Tohru is just made of win, Crii. You nailed it!

To be honest, one of the reasons I support Ohana x Tohru, is because that means this character will get more screen time what with Ohana being the main character. But as others have mentioned, if it ends up being Ohana x "Kissuiso" or Ohana x Ko, I'm okay with that as long as we get to see or learn more about Tohru or (cough) have beach scene with Tohru in surfing shorts (cough).

It's strange after this last couple of episodes, I feel kind of like I've been played. If it ends up the writer just used Tohru's character to set up Ko's character to show jealousy (episode 9) or developed the plotline of the little crush Tohru has on Ohana so that he will ask Ohana to bring Ko so she can realize how much he means to her and how she has treated him, in other words just a plot device to show the deep awesomeness of the Ko/Ohana connection I'm going to be ticked off.

I'm not sure why but I will. I think it's because the "crush" plot line really sets up this character to be the villain to many fans. "OH noes, this guy might be used to keep Ohana from her ultimate destiny, to be with Ko." It also allows them to insult the character by calling him a pedophile and stuff. I feel like grabbing the writers and saying, okay you create something really rare, a realistic guy, a non-wimpy, non-pathetic, non-too ultra cool, non-supenatural bada** fighter dude and THEN YOU SET HIM UP TO BE THE BAD GUY to all the romantics watching. That's not cool. Geez, the Tohru hate on some of other anime forums and threads is kinda sad.

It's really nice to read the thoughts of others who appreciate this character. Oh well, next is obligatory summer beach scene with the girls. Wonder when we'll next see Tohru.
Old 2011-07-05, 14:15   Link #295
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Something that I've recently been mulling over with regards to Tohru.

In retrospect, it seems that Tohru's insistence that they kidnap Ko along with Satsuki, forcing another face to face encounter, is probably the most anyone in this series has ever done (even more so that Ko or Ohana themselves) to help those two get together.
Old 2011-07-05, 14:52   Link #296
hanashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Something that I've recently been mulling over with regards to Tohru.

In retrospect, it seems that Tohru's insistence that they kidnap Ko along with Satsuki, forcing another face to face encounter, is probably the most anyone in this series has ever done (even more so that Ko or Ohana themselves) to help those two get together.
Lol. This is funny because it's true. I read that as Tohru trying to force some sort of resolution one way or the other. He's interested in Ohana, but she's basically in emotional limbo. I thought that was really smart and selfless of him, to manufacture a situation where Ohana has to find Ko and talk, even if that ends up hurting his own chances. You can't start something with a person who still has unresolved feelings for their ex. And their case is even more confusing, because they were never actually dating so there isn't an actual relationship, there's an idealized version of a possible relationship. Normally when you break up with someone it's all "S/he never took out the trash, anyway! I'm glad it's over!" and other silliness to make yourself feel better. Ohana and Ko don't even have that, just the might-have-beens.
Old 2011-07-05, 21:19   Link #297
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

The lack of Tooru this episode made me sad. xD He won't appear next episode either. :I Damn you P.A! Why do you insist on not giving enough screentime to the only sane male of this show?! Dx
Old 2011-07-06, 00:26   Link #298
puffkins

This has been bugging me for awhile wondering if there is a special meaning or none...

I was wondering if anyone heard clock ticking in the background when Tohru was taking care of Ohana when she was sick and when Tohru was sitting on the couch across from Ohana in that motel? It always gets loud between those two lol

By the way Tohru is AWESOME!!!!
Old 2011-07-06, 09:32   Link #299
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

lol I heard it too. But I don't really think that it has any special meaning. I think its just for background effect? xD
Old 2011-07-06, 23:03   Link #300
Sugarless Ocean
Ms. Procrastinator

It's kind of weird xD And it does get pretty loud. Especially during episode 12. It felt like the silence between them stretched longer. It's probably nothing special though.

Argh, so two weeks till we see Tooru again? Come oooonnn I hope we at least get a clip of him this week. Please PA Works please! Dx

Tags
characters