AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-16, 06:36   Link #41
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
It's bound to happen eventually.
Spoiler for Just some bits:
Old 2011-09-16, 07:13   Link #42
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
Hoping for the properly animated toothbrush scene.

Loli-ragi, siscon-ragi.
They'll more than likely do their typical SHAFT shortcuts for this scene, but the audio will be fucking awesome. Than the Bluray version will have glorious animation and that Bluray will sell over 100,000 copies.

Believe.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 10:12   Link #43
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Believe.
Arouse yourself more. Blah blah blah.
Old 2011-09-16, 13:10   Link #44
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Hmm... not happy with the short hair Hitagi and Tsubasa changes. Kanbaru looks a lot hawter though. And Nadeko... for some reason she just got more moe in my eyes... :/
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 15:01   Link #45
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Is it me or the size of Tsubasa's hair followed the opposite change compare to the size of her bust. Anyway both are welcome

Oh! Hitagi looks even more devious with short hair, Suruga really hot, but she she had a fair share of hot cloths already in bake, and Nadeko more innocent :yawn:

As for the sister's arc themselves, I am really looking forward to the phoenix of the fire twins... read a couple of spoilers when bake- was airing and the main idea sounded really cool and somewhat original.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 15:39   Link #46
thirdlc

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
It's not really Shinbo's fault. Shinbo's just freelancer employee who just seems to love Shaft too much. That's similar for most of other major directors in Shaft, they are all freelancers. But many of them just stay with Shaft since they have fondness to it (such as Miyamoto Yukihiro, who basically LIVED in Shaft building when he didn't have a house.). It's Kobota Mitsutoshi's fault. He is the one who determines how busy studio will be. I personally just call him money whore.
Oh, really? I think it's Shinbo, Takeuchi and Watanabe's fault, who didn't make any progress in meetings for a long long time.

And when the situation reached a critical limit in terms of scheduling, Oishi joined them and broke the stalemate, didn't he? Oishi should be more praised. Bakemonogatari is one of his representative works. I hope Oishi will get more power than Shinbo in Nise like in Bake. Then, we'll be seeing yet another masterpiece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Moon Phase when entire fight scenes had to be audio only with a still shot of a fireplace because the animation outsourcing screwed up so bad (fixed in the DVD but sheesh).
No. That episode (#12, right?) was produced by Shaft themselves, not outsourced to somewhere else. Scheduling issues cause that kind of failure.
thirdlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 18:45   Link #47
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Oh crud, they actually are going to make a second season... Guess I shouldn't have spoiled myself too much...

(Why you cut your hair Hitagi... /emo)
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 02:30   Link #48
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdlc View Post
No. That episode (#12, right?) was produced by Shaft themselves, not outsourced to somewhere else. Scheduling issues cause that kind of failure.
Ah, all I remembered was the animation department delivered crap and it was too late to fix for the broadcast (and this happens over and over again in Shinbo projects, at some point we have to wonder about his project management skills rather than blaming everyone else). I just assumed the animation work was out-of-house.... in-house is even less defensible

I like Shinbo's ideas for the most part... his execution under broadcast time constraints seems always kind of a trainwreck. But they do fix it in the DVDs.

I agree Oishi is a critical part of the success formula.
Old 2011-09-17, 06:05   Link #49
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdlc View Post
Oh, really? I think it's Shinbo, Takeuchi and Watanabe's fault, who didn't make any progress in meetings for a long long time.

And when the situation reached a critical limit in terms of scheduling, Oishi joined them and broke the stalemate, didn't he? Oishi should be more praised. Bakemonogatari is one of his representative works. I hope Oishi will get more power than Shinbo in Nise like in Bake. Then, we'll be seeing yet another masterpiece.
That's certainly true. But I thought overall responsibility for doing too much work for the same time has much more to do with company representative. Also in some of the interviews, I thought Shinbo is almost talking like there is nothing he can do about trainwreck schedule. I don't think they have much control over things going on. Just remember how Madoka Magica script was already prepared like 2 or 3 years ago. Source

Edited: Ah. If you mean bakemonogatari schedule, they were definitely responsible, too.

Since I know some blogs of Korean animation studios where get a lot of outsourcing from Japan, I know how horrible Shaft's condition was during Madoka airing. One of the guy who did 10th episode action sequence said that there was tons of rumour going around that the next episode will be return of Nadekho episode. Thus, we can almost say that earthquake helped shaft.

Anyway, of course. Oishi's my favourite director ever. He is too good. Soooooo good.
Old 2011-09-17, 17:06   Link #50
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarqu View Post

Them nostrils, anyone? Yeah, not the greatest pic.
No, its the bangs that catches the eye now that she has short hair making her to look childish, it doesn't fits her, really .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 22:51   Link #51
Westlo
Lets be reality

Supercell better be involved in this... would be a great touch if Supercell were involved in every series of this, sorta like how Shana always has KOTOKO and that other chick.. except better because Supercell > them.. which is what I would normally say but the first Shana 3 OP is a Supercell song w/ KOTOKO on vocals.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 22:57   Link #52
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Supercell better be involved in this... would be a great touch if Supercell were involved in every series of this, sorta like how Shana always has KOTOKO and that other chick.. except better because Supercell > them.. which is what I would normally say but the first Shana 3 OP is a Supercell song w/ KOTOKO on vocals.
Huh? I thought the Shana OP/EDs were done by Mami Kawada/Kotoko.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 23:28   Link #53
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

HAIR THREAD!

It's nice not to have the characters with the same hair styles all the time, but seriously, three of the girls (Hitagi, Tsubasa, and Tsukihi) with the exact same medium-short haircut? That hardly seems coincidental.

On the other hand, I actually like Nadeko's new hair style. It's very feminine and it fits her well. Don't know why others are averse to it.

I'm looking forward to this. Can someone give me some hints as to what the plot is about?
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 00:00   Link #54
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
HAIR THREAD!

It's nice not to have the characters with the same hair styles all the time, but seriously, three of the girls (Hitagi, Tsubasa, and Tsukihi) with the exact same medium-short haircut? That hardly seems coincidental.

On the other hand, I actually like Nadeko's new hair style. It's very feminine and it fits her well. Don't know why others are averse to it.

I'm looking forward to this. Can someone give me some hints as to what the plot is about?
Check the light novel thread.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 00:58   Link #55
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Check the light novel thread.
I'd rather not be spoiled, thank you. This novel series is quite long and they are bound to be discussing spoilers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
I know the w's indicate that you're laughing, but the meaning of your post is incomprehensible.

Last edited by Tempester; 2011-09-18 at 17:15. Reason: dead quote link
Old 2011-09-18, 01:00   Link #56
Romanticide

I think Nadeko's new hairstyle makes her forehead look big.
Romanticide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 01:18   Link #57
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanticide View Post
I think Nadeko's new hairstyle makes her forehead look big.
Really? Her forehead looks pretty darn small to me.

Some comparisons:

Old 2011-09-18, 01:44   Link #58
HasuMasu
*Artist

A lot of guys prefer girls with bangs.

Myself included, it's just a whatever floats your boat thing.
Old 2011-09-18, 13:00   Link #59
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Guys, this is not a chatroom, it's a discussion forum. Any posts that are not useful, relevant, or in some way directly related to the topic at hand will be deleted, and offenders will be banned. A lot of the posts I left above are a bit questionable, but the ones I deleted were way over the line. Thanks for your understanding...
Old 2011-09-18, 15:33   Link #60
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Guys, this is not a chatroom, it's a discussion forum. Any posts that are not useful, relevant, or in some way directly related to the topic at hand will be deleted, and offenders will be banned. A lot of the posts I left above are a bit questionable, but the ones I deleted were way over the line. Thanks for your understanding...
I dare suggest you to look into the Code Geass Akito thread then.

Last edited by konart; 2011-09-18 at 16:14.
konart is offline   Reply With Quote