AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-01-20, 08:51   Link #18781
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Okay, so Irish has weak stomach due to the Skull Suit AND usage of painkillers but still able to eat it... need to cool my head

The more I dig the weirder it becomes, and simple explanation like "Skull Suit removing his limit but causing a lot of pain and painkiller is used sometimes" suddenly become "The hell, its impossible he can survive that kind of life for years"

I'll try to make plausible essay about Irish by next month, but better if you just keep the details down and use MST3K mantra.
Old 2012-01-20, 09:00   Link #18782
Eratas123

@ Senpai - I try to make as much as everything realistically. Still, there are some things that need to be faked or the story hits a block. Why do you think I removed his sniper rifle and his ability to fight IS units? Because even the mantra can't cover how unrealistic that would be. He basically went to "Fighting Laura's IS near head on" to "Getting curbstomped by a barely trying Arachne".

Most of the unrealistic stuff is rule of funny or not important enough to the plot to seriously affect the story. His diet is still a curbed due to his lifestyle. besides, do we ever find out why Cecilia's food tastes bad? It's probable she just put in the wrong ingredients rather than it being toxic. Rations taste like shit, but are healthy enough to sustain soldiers. I liken her food to rations
Old 2012-01-20, 09:09   Link #18783
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I went one step further and said that Cecily liked the food rations while she was training with the SAS, and would use them as cooking ingredients...
Old 2012-01-20, 09:11   Link #18784
Eratas123

@ Meistah - WHy? Cause they remind her of her own cooking

@ Senpai - Change topic: WHen are you gonna do TLR stratos? We've been talking about it for months now.
Old 2012-01-20, 09:17   Link #18785
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Considering someone use the same Idea as me, well...

I don't think I can put effort at it without being depressed
Old 2012-01-20, 09:19   Link #18786
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Meistah - WHy? Cause they remind her of her own cooking
At this point, I'd say that there's something wrong with her tastebubs.

Gin: *takes a sandwich*

Gin is K-Oed.

Cecily:
Riz: Down in one strike?!
Old 2012-01-20, 09:22   Link #18787
Eratas123

@ Senpai - You know what else is like IS? Skygirls and Gundam. Hell, the girls are walking templates! Seriously, 99% of "new" content nowadays is the old things with new/different features. Ben-to is a hilarious shonen parody. You know what else is like that? A crapload of other anime like Beelzebub, Comartie high school, and that anime Jak showed me before.

If you were expecting the idea to be unique, then you're out of luck. He's not the first one to use it and he won't be the last.

@ Meistah - Aren't the other girls lethal chefs in differing variety's as well? Besides, Karon and celeste could probably take it Karon by vrite of everything going to her brain, and Celeste by virtue of being Celeste
Old 2012-01-20, 09:27   Link #18788
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yeah, I knew, and really, that author not even putting an effort into that and doing it half assedly in a wall of text. I felt like my research that as you said, going for MONTHS went to waste.

Then I will shown what it means to bring SCIENCE to I.S.
Old 2012-01-20, 09:32   Link #18789
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Meistah - Aren't the other girls lethal chefs in differing variety's as well? Besides, Karon and celeste could probably take it Karon by vrite of everything going to her brain, and Celeste by virtue of being Celeste
Karon's not a lethal chef; she'd just somehow trip-up, cause a chain reaction and thus blow up the kitchen.

Yes, Celeste would definitely stomach it just fine.
Old 2012-01-20, 09:38   Link #18790
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Actually, have you read his third chapter? It's better than the previous ones. Anyway, your story has eldritch abominations. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have those.

Side note - Bit of an explanation as to how Irish is alive for years despite living like this: He's not the designated fighter. They fought using sneaking and destroying structures, and Irish's job is either to use the vents to plant bombs or hack. This is why he has such a hard time fighting in the London arc. The only reason he nearly beat Kyuukai was due to good old fashioned rage and adrenaline. He doesn't even know how to use a gun properly. That means he doesn't need painkillers whenever he puts on the suit.

@ Meistah - She's another type of lethal chef THing is, does she know she's bad to the point that the kitchen blows up? Also, does her family let her cook?
Old 2012-01-20, 09:55   Link #18791
Eratas123

Almost forgot! How do they fight eldritch abominations without going insane? The human mind wasn't meant to comprehend things like that.
Old 2012-01-20, 10:04   Link #18792
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yes, only FEW of the pilot candidate survive the initial test... which is sending them into a Virtual Reality system that emulates the encounter with said eldritch. 80% candidate piss themselves and gave up by this point, yeah, and I mean some of them are from the military too. Haruna survived the test, but facing the real thing....
Old 2012-01-20, 10:10   Link #18793
Eratas123

Wait, PT is still fighting the good guys while Eldritch's are on the loose and threatening humanity!? Damn, most people would call for a temporary enemy mine if the things were targeting humanity as a whole.
Old 2012-01-20, 10:14   Link #18794
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yes, well, the "enemy mine" situation is highly unusual in that PT fight the aliens to capture them... and turn them into a pseudo-core system. So, it's really Three-way fight
Old 2012-01-20, 10:18   Link #18795
Eratas123

Wow....PT must be suicidally overconfident. Does the ending stay happy?
Old 2012-01-20, 10:19   Link #18796
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Considering the source material? OF COURSE!

In a sense though, they also had to... dispose the weaker Aliens (the one that can be converted into Pseudo-core is a Knight-class, and their numbers are 1/189 of total ETX population)
Old 2012-01-20, 10:22   Link #18797
Eratas123

What about the giant Eldritch?
Old 2012-01-20, 10:34   Link #18798
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Pawns can vary in size, from 0.5-2 meter, they're rather easy to beat, but they have sheer number and incredible agility.

Rook-class? They're puny and a single MBT can easily can beat them, in a subversion, so much that JDSF consider Pawns are more harmful than them (usually due to sheer number though). Rook class are more useful as transport and fire support, they're just as dumb as Pawns though.

Bishop are a better fighter and is about 4 meters tall, and vaguely humanoid.

Knights are completely humanoid except for odd stuff like semi-mechanical wings and stuff. They can go toe to toe with an Armored Stratos, and possess intelligence comparable to that of teenagers (but often lacked emotion).

The problem is the King and Queen-class.... 180 meter behemoths that is a nightmare incarnation that can shrug a combined attack from 20 I.S. unit like nothing, and nuke is the only option
Old 2012-01-20, 10:37   Link #18799
Eratas123

It's like a giant monstrous chess game Anyway, I'm teaching kids math and english tom, so see ya
Old 2012-01-20, 10:44   Link #18800
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Remind me of HighSchool DXD though

Edit: Because in that Anime, King is as powerful as the queen.

Though those who play chess would know: King is the most important piece(but is rather weak) while Queen is the most powerful piece.

Therefore, usually the King should be either the Core (overmind) that control the fleet and The Queen is the ace unit.

Or

The King is the final weapon (the final trump card, if it get defeated, the enemy loses)

Moar Edit: Could be both.... I mean, why not, since this means the core can protect itself...

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest