AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-07-24, 19:39   Link #2921
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Christ this game is finicky. It can run the High Resolution Texture Pack with absolutely NO FPS drop whatsoever... but god forbid it tries to use a body replacer of some sort. Game becomes next to unplayable.
Old 2012-07-28, 21:43   Link #2922
sa547
*Author

^
Some mods use another or several that changing one in the chain could screw the whole game big-time, so I have to read the documentation first before installing.

About the only thing annoying is the ever-persistent "candle lag", where I get a severe FPS drop, so I'll try out the Realistic Lighting mod to see if it'll reduce, if not eliminate, this asspain.
Old 2012-08-02, 17:05   Link #2923
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

dawnguard for PC is out guys. i probably uninstall my skyrim and star new one to make it fresh from bug

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 18:13   Link #2924
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
dawnguard for PC is out guys. i probably uninstall my skyrim and star new one to make it fresh from bug
Life, gone. For the rest of this week, anyway.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 19:21   Link #2925
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

So what does Dawnguard break? (besides probably all of my mods)
Old 2012-08-02, 22:41   Link #2926
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
So what does Dawnguard break? (besides probably all of my mods)
Dawnguard adds craftable arrows and dragonbone weapons, so any mods that add those should be uninstalled because of duplicate recipes and redundant weapons.

Since it alters the vanilla worldspace to open new areas, you should be careful with any mods that also alter the vanilla worldspace (such as any that add player homes in remote locations).

Also, Dawngaurd wouldn't break mods, considering how the mods in Skyrim work and Dawnguard is essentially an official mod you have to pay for. If anything, it would the other way around, the mods break Dawnguard.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 22:59   Link #2927
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

No problems for me concerning the crafting additions then. There's only one real mod I have that alters worldspace (two new locations within the confines of the main world and some inner dungeon alterations that I know of) so that's the only real concern as far as the worldspace alterations (said mod is Kynesguard). What I'm mainly concerned with is Deadly Dragons (the author himself doesn't know yet but it going to make an update real soon) and some other mods like that, such as ASIS, Ultimate Followers Overhaul, and More Perk Points (I don't know if Dawnguard increases the levelcap).

That said, given Bethesda's track run for Skyrim, I'm almost certain that it's going to break something unforeseen, such as the infamous resistance breakage and the backwards dragons.

EDIT: Just confirmed that ASIS breaks Dawnguard. So that's one confirmed, one potential so far.
Old 2012-08-03, 01:02   Link #2928
Who

I would just wait it out a bit until all your mods' creators confirm whether or not Dawnguard is compatible. And to answer your question, Dawnguard doesn't increase level cap. The new werewolf and Vampire Lord perks are attainable by combat while in one of those modes.

I guess I should count myself lucky, since the biggest question mark for me is the ACE combat tweak mod, which provides a safe way to uninstall the mod without totally corrupting the save.
Old 2012-08-03, 02:07   Link #2929
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
I would just wait it out a bit until all your mods' creators confirm whether or not Dawnguard is compatible.
I was going to do this anyway. :V
Old 2012-08-03, 16:02   Link #2930
Who

Anyone use ScriptDragon? I'm trying to access the developer's website, but it's not opening for me. Need it for a lot of plugins to work for patch 1.7.
Old 2012-08-03, 17:43   Link #2931
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I've avoided Scriptdragon and the mods with it like the plague... irrational but it just makes my "complexity==fragility" alarms go off.
Old 2012-08-03, 17:47   Link #2932
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I don't know what ScriptDragon is, but after Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas... I think it's still safer to stick with Script Extender over other similar utilities.
Old 2012-08-03, 21:05   Link #2933
Who

They're pretty much the same thing. I'd use Skyrim's SE, but most of the mods/plugins I use aren't compatible with it. I'd rather SKSE though; fiddling around with ScriptDragon takes forever to get just right without experiencing a CTD.
Old 2012-08-04, 09:27   Link #2934
DuoRanger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
No problems for me concerning the crafting additions then. There's only one real mod I have that alters worldspace (two new locations within the confines of the main world and some inner dungeon alterations that I know of) so that's the only real concern as far as the worldspace alterations (said mod is Kynesguard). What I'm mainly concerned with is Deadly Dragons (the author himself doesn't know yet but it going to make an update real soon) and some other mods like that, such as ASIS, Ultimate Followers Overhaul, and More Perk Points (I don't know if Dawnguard increases the levelcap).

That said, given Bethesda's track run for Skyrim, I'm almost certain that it's going to break something unforeseen, such as the infamous resistance breakage and the backwards dragons.

EDIT: Just confirmed that ASIS breaks Dawnguard. So that's one confirmed, one potential so far.
well ASIS didn't breaked the game to me so far
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 10:02   Link #2935
sa547
*Author

Also used SKSE and it works perfectly. Getting Dawnguard, but then this means I'll have to reinstall the game without the mods (and will have to check on my favorite mods for compatibility issues).
Old 2012-08-04, 10:40   Link #2936
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuoRanger View Post
well ASIS didn't breaked the game to me so far
A lot of people are reporting encounters with Dawnguard (and some vanilla) enemies that lack nameplates and that can't be looted when slain while ASIS is active, and that the problem stopped when ASIS was deactivated in the load order.
Old 2012-08-04, 11:32   Link #2937
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I'm not seeing any errors so far with the mods that I have (take note, I disabled Deadly Dragons due to the addition of the two new Dragon types). I am suffering some instances now though where the game literally exits itself and dumps me unto the desktop without even an error message.
Old 2012-08-04, 11:36   Link #2938
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I've been having that kind of error even before I got Dawnguard. Granted, it happened frequently while DSpSoB activated because of the thousands upon thousands of scripts, but while it didn't happen nearly as much once that was removed, it still happens on occasion.
Old 2012-08-04, 13:29   Link #2939
Who

Dawnguard's crashed only once, and that was when I first ran it after disabling every mod after doing a complete reinstall.

Best part of DG (besides Serana) is the new armors. Bethesda stepped their game up with the Vampire/Dawnguard basic armors; they're on par with the Ebony armor, in my opinion.
Old 2012-08-04, 14:27   Link #2940
cronnoponno

So far I haven't experienced any bug EXCEPT for a certain part of the Vampire side, where Serana wants you to dismiss all of your followers before she leads you into a certain secret entrance of a certain secret place, dismissing, killing, disabling UFO, doing pretty much anything besides a complete reinstall(I'm not erasing ALL of my mods for Dawnguard, as cool as it has been) has failed. I solved it by simply using the console command to set the stage to after confirming that she'll lead you there, and the quest is now continuing as intended, I did NOT bring any partners with me(besides her) into the dungeon, because for one I'm already destroying everything in there on master difficulty, for two it just doesn't feel right to have more than one companion at a time to me.

Anyway, great DLC so far, my only complaint that is non glitch related is the size of the Vampire lord, it's REALLY starting to piss me off, a great majority of my battles are fought in dungeons(Hey, Dawnguards so far has been that way as well) with tight entrances and exits, it is nearly impossible to move around in third person view in the tightly packed areas when a few steps takes you across the room, and the WORST part is not being able to FIT through any passageway, having to revert your form just to pass through an area you're too big to fit through. Even if you go on foot, and can clearly see that you're small enough to fit through, you just can't. You are the great vampire lord, yet you can't fit through a simple passageway, can't pick stuff up. I guess vampires have an instinctual fear of passing through doors.

Also a little gripe, not a big deal, the drain life spell seems to have random potency on random enemies, do drain spells work less on undead and gargoyles? It worked so well on the elder dragon I fought, and it even worked well on the Dawnguard, who supposedly resist drain spells, but there are some enemies who seem to be barely, if at all, touched by it. Going into human form and using my good old handaxe is far more effective, but I'm not sure if I'm just not supposed to use the drain element on certain enemies.
cronnoponno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim