4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.46%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 0.46%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.23%
1 out of 10 : Painful 22 5.06%
Voters: 435. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-06-19, 18:24   Link #381
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Knowing how typemoon likes to pay with its fans If I have to guess I would say the saddest ending probably the canon/trueest ending for the game. Imo that would be HF ending Sakura with growing old in Shirou house waitng for Shirou to come back.
Old 2006-06-19, 18:24   Link #382
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgman1
Only TYPE MOON will tell us for sure which route or source is considered canon. Otherwise, we will keep playing guessing games on Fate Stay Night.
i think its about personal opinion...which of the 3 endings you like the best that is your personal canon

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-19, 18:28   Link #383
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Knowing how typemoon likes to pay with its fans If I have to guess I would say the saddest ending probably the canon/trueest ending for the game. Imo that would be HF ending with growing old in Shirou house waitng for Shirou to come back.
thats the most evil ending ever...as if the fate ending wasnt sad enough HF is worse i pref the alternative to the HF where shirou gets turned into a puppet XD

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2006-06-19, 18:55   Link #384
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
thats the most evil ending ever...as if the fate ending wasnt sad enough HF is worse i pref the alternative to the HF where shirou gets turned into a puppet XD
If people are tears over the Fate edning, i wonder what thier would be to the HF Sakura Tre Ending.
Old 2006-06-19, 19:42   Link #385
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
@ Demongod86

Saber! = Arthur.

Seriously, you are getting a tad stubborn here. The Arthur we see with Bedivere is not, I repeat, is not Saber as we know her. It is rather the template from which Saber is drawn as an Eirei - with all that implies. Arthur, the original, is a human being with human frailties. Thus she is quite killable by being stabbed through the gut with a rather nasty sword.

As an Eirei, Saber is naturally harder to kill - what with all the magical powers that are implicit, as well as the boosts to stats and abilities that Servants get. So her surviving Ea (which, as Village Idiot pointed out, wasn't even being used at full strength to highlight Gilgamesh's character as well as his motivations), isn't that much of a thing, compared to her human form being able to completely survive being stabbed through the gut in battle.

-Andiyar
Old 2006-06-19, 20:35   Link #386
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
If people are tears over the Fate edning, i wonder what thier would be to the HF Sakura Tre Ending.
some unstable minded fool (such as myself) would go hang myself XD *looks for rope*

Old 2006-06-19, 21:18   Link #387
kamikazex

soo..in ap euro today i was watching some boring history crap about king arthur..throughout the movie all i could think about was how much cooler it was to see king author as saber ..needless to say i paid little attention since everytime they mention king arthur i automatically thougth about saber which is pretty retarded in a way + in the anime Bedivere was waaaaay cooler
type moon has screwed over my concept of king arthur!!
lol since king arthur is a legend i think i'll go w/ type moon's concept
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-19, 21:19   Link #388
Eclesis
Perennial Lurker

Why is this relevant? In both the Fate-Stay-Night universe and the original Arthurian legend, King Arthur dies (is removed to Avalon/etc) at Camlann. The FSN version just happened to have spawned copies before she died. What does one of those projections surviving (or not) Ea have to do with anything?

While there are various different legends on what happens after Arthur is taken to Avalon, in the game it clearly states that she

Spoiler:
Eclesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-19, 21:31   Link #389
TTHX

As lame as happy endings are...

I was really hoping that somehow Saber stayed in the future with Shirou!!! I know, pretty corny but it'd make me feel all warm and happy inside for them to have the chance to be together forever!
TTHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-19, 21:57   Link #390
Hideki Keiji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudou-san
1. In the game it's said that only Black Saber was stronger than the original Arturia. She should have been about as powerful as she was with Rin as her master.
Well, Rin's Saber and Black Saber are extremely close in terms of stats.

Rin's had less mana(obviously) less endurance, more agility, charisma, and luck.
Hideki Keiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-19, 21:58   Link #391
Decel

Heh, a hopeless romantic, much like myself.

I'm not sad about seeing this ending though. Felt more real, especially since I've read the synopsis.

It's truely a sad story though if you think about it: no one gets what they want. Well, maybe Saber did...
Old 2006-06-19, 23:32   Link #392
lockey2k

Personally, I think Saber and Shirou should have gotten together. I know that would be a campy ending, but I'm not big on self-inflicted pain. ^___^ WTB Poll - How many people would prefer
(a) Saber w/ Shirou and everyone happy
(b) Saber goes *poof* as current ending
(c) Everyone dies! Muahahaha... *fricking Japanese melo-drama*

I vote for (A)! Gimme my happy ending!
lockey2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-20, 00:03   Link #393
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudou-san
That's actually not true.
1. In the game it's said that only Black Saber was stronger than the original Arturia. She should have been about as powerful as she was with Rin as her master.
2. That's also why Avenger is such a sucky servant even though he's "Angra Mainyu". He was a normal human back when he was alive. The reason the Angra Mainyu in the grail was so dangerous is because the grail itself made it into a wish-granting demon.
3. Assassin was the human with powers closest to the legend of Sasaki Kojiro. He really learned the Tsubame Gaeshi back in his time.
4. Bedivere has superhuman speed in the game.

While the legends enhance the servants' powers somewhat it's not that much. You have to remember that most aren't completely human. Saber has the dragon aspect. Gilgamesh, Berserker and Lancer have high divinity. Archer has a reality marble and made a pact with the world. Rider isn't even human. Excalibur and Avalon were created by fairies and really had those powers in Arturias time.
Pretty much. Angra Mainyu, however weak he is as a Servant, can still kill humans, even the strongest of them all (or so he says).
Old 2006-06-20, 00:07   Link #394
red-feather

i have one thing in mind:

so what's next after this? is there gonna be another Fate series? asking all type-moon experts here thanks
red-feather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-20, 00:18   Link #395
aldeayeah
Isn't it sad Lancer-chan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclesis
Why is this relevant? In both the Fate-Stay-Night universe and the original Arthurian legend, King Arthur dies (is removed to Avalon/etc) at Camlann. The FSN version just happened to have spawned copies before she died. What does one of those projections surviving (or not) Ea have to do with anything?

While there are various different legends on what happens after Arthur is taken to Avalon, in the game it clearly states that she

Spoiler:
In the case of Arthur, it's not a copy what's summoned, but her original soul, right? Since her body isn't ethereal as the other servants', I guess Saber under Rin is more or less as powerful as Arthur was in her time.

By the way, Saber DID have Avalon while fighting Gil, don't you think?. She wasn't using its full power (by calling its name) but... if you think about it, she didn't shed a single drop of blood even when Babyl'owned.

That would explain why she wasn't in such a bad shape after Ea's strike.
aldeayeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-20, 01:23   Link #396
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel
It's truely a sad story though if you think about it: no one gets what they want. Well, maybe Saber did...
You might get what you think what you want - but in the long run, is it really what you want? Will it last forever?

Which is more important: the fulfillment of a duty, a sworn oath, to the fulfillment of one's own wish?

When the happiness of one person is compared to the well-being of many; which of them comes first?

Can you really just let everything stay as they are, and not move forward to make a better future for yourself, as well as for everyone that has their hopes and dreams placed in you?

Personally, those are the pressing issues (and more) I've seen in Fate.

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2006-06-20 at 01:36.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-20, 03:44   Link #397
kamikazex

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockey2k
Personally, I think Saber and Shirou should have gotten together. I know that would be a campy ending, but I'm not big on self-inflicted pain. ^___^ WTB Poll - How many people would prefer
(a) Saber w/ Shirou and everyone happy
(b) Saber goes *poof* as current ending
(c) Everyone dies! Muahahaha... *fricking Japanese melo-drama*

I vote for (A)! Gimme my happy ending!
a
of course...!!!
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-20, 08:20   Link #398
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel
You might get what you think what you want - but in the long run, is it really what you want? Will it last forever?

Which is more important: the fulfillment of a duty, a sworn oath, to the fulfillment of one's own wish?

When the happiness of one person is compared to the well-being of many; which of them comes first?

Can you really just let everything stay as they are, and not move forward to make a better future for yourself, as well as for everyone that has their hopes and dreams placed in you?

Personally, those are the pressing issues (and more) I've seen in Fate.
I meant more relationship-wise, as in Shirou Rin Sakura Saber.

Personally I feel sorry for Rin more than all in this scenario; she loses but still has Shirou next to her, likely unable to reach him.

From the anime though I'm questioning Sakura's love for Shirou. I get the vague impression that she just finds in him a sibling she longed for but never got (Shinji doesn't count, since he's probably acting as a bastard with her).
Old 2006-06-20, 08:54   Link #399
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

No, Sakura actually likes Shirou, hence when Rin moved in, Sakura was bawling. But she's a really shy sweetheart though...too bad we never got to see a similar Rider .
Old 2006-06-20, 09:06   Link #400
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
No, Sakura actually likes Shirou, hence when Rin moved in, Sakura was bawling. But she's a really shy sweetheart though...too bad we never got to see a similar Rider .
That again? You really never give up, do you? What they showed of Rider was really enough. It was hinted she had a good side in her. Period.
gammaoh is offline   Reply With Quote