AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-07-04, 11:35   Link #21
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
as first impressions go i say that it is pretty much average ~
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 18:42   Link #22
suske

any sub group picked this one up yet?
suske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 18:45   Link #23
Shadow Miko
ASuki's #1 Virgillia fan~

I'm getting a VVV vibe from this show and seeing as I loved VVV to no end, I'm sure I'll stick with this.

But please, please tell me, anybody who ahs read the manga, that those two lead guys (I already forgot their names) won't go all yaoi on me. Please god NO! Is there any sign of this in the manga? Or is there a slightly canonical OTP with the meganekko somewhere?

WAS Hanyuu's biggest fangirl, my heart belongs to Virgillia now. <3 Loli Salad - A blog of epic-proportions!
Shadow Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 19:56   Link #24
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

But this is a shounen title. I would think that being shounen would exclude yaoi.
Old 2007-07-04, 20:16   Link #25
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
as first impressions go i say that it is pretty much average ~
Spoiler:
Pretty much the same here, only probably down a level or two. What stuns me about this one is how people seem to be complimenting the sincerely godawful animation. Between the speedlines, production errors, bouncing stills to fake movement and really half assed effects that normally get relegated to generic CG, it felt almost insulting at times with how poorly thrown together everything was. Or maybe the show just has no budget. Either way...
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 22:28   Link #26
orion

Some of us have seen Polyphonica and pics of the cabbage love scene to know that things could be worse. Or what you're noticing the average watcher won't notice imo.
Old 2007-07-04, 22:28   Link #27
Shadow Miko
ASuki's #1 Virgillia fan~

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But this is a shounen title. I would think that being shounen would exclude yaoi.
I heard Zombie Loan was...shoujo. I don't remember where and it might have been a dream but yeah then I'll keep watching.

WAS Hanyuu's biggest fangirl, my heart belongs to Virgillia now. <3 Loli Salad - A blog of epic-proportions!
Shadow Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 22:36   Link #28
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Miko View Post
I heard Zombie Loan was...shoujo. I don't remember where and it might have been a dream but yeah then I'll keep watching.
According to the first page, it's shounen.

I can see the mistake. Bishounen with a Fruits Basket-like reunion. Peach-Pit really knew how to draw the girls in imo. Just dangle Kyo in front of them and watch the fangirls amass.
Old 2007-07-04, 23:10   Link #29
ZODDGUTS

I've read the first 3 1/2 volumes no Yaoi. The main male characters don't really like each other but have no choice but to work together.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 23:15   Link #30
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
...What stuns me about this one is how people seem to be complimenting the sincerely godawful animation. Between the speedlines, production errors, bouncing stills to fake movement and really half assed effects that normally get relegated to generic CG, it felt almost insulting at times with how poorly thrown together everything was. Or maybe the show just has no budget. Either way...
There's a difference between art and technique. The technique may be simple or inconsistent, but the artistic effect is there, for me. Not every show has to have a lavish budget to be visually attractive. Of course, you can take my opinion with a grain of salt, since I wasn't much bothered by the spherical cabbage in Yoakena -- or was it a lettuce?

As for shoujo/shounen, I guess this qualifies as shounen, because of the magazine it appears in, but I think the treatment of the protagonist, the possibility of subtle emotion, and the presence of bishounen, do provide some shoujo appeal.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 00:30   Link #31
Sakuya
*Artist

A speed sub by BSS was just released for episode 1.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 06:42   Link #32
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

haha, I just realized the subs are out, but my blog has done an extensive review on the first episode for those who are keen on knowing a bit more about the anime.
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 08:29   Link #33
FreedomMS
Sola FTW

just watch sub version. it quite a nice show but regarding the girl..she doesn't seem to like living and this kind of attitutde stink!!!!
FreedomMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 09:58   Link #34
kaerstan01
c'mon wimp!

shouldn't this thread be moved to the fansubbed section? looking forward to their fight w/ the nun xD
kaerstan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 10:22   Link #35
bobo_vivi

Im confused so there is a sub version already out, really want to watch it ^^
bobo_vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 10:27   Link #36
berny

can someone tell me wheres de sub version??
i think this is gona be a really good anime ^^
berny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 10:57   Link #37
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomMS View Post
just watch sub version. it quite a nice show but regarding the girl..she doesn't seem to like living and this kind of attitutde stink!!!!
Would you be happy and cheerful if you could go around seeing dead people and are totally powerless to save them? She saw that her parents were going to die and could do nothing. She now knows that she is going to die soon and is powerless.

And to top it off, she's with relatives who don't want her around and friends that use her, including those 2 guys.

I think that a little depression is warranted here.

Hey mods, please move us. Ep. 1 is subbed.
Old 2007-07-05, 11:00   Link #38
UPR

i enjoyed watching this and im looking forward to the next one. 2 out of the three characters are strong so that is a good thing and im glad it was not one of the two guys that are not the weak one's because in many series like this they always make the weak and scared nice to see a change
UPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 11:34   Link #39
berny

seriusly can someone tellme whos fansubing this really want to see it
berny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 12:04   Link #40
UPR

^^^ the people who subbed the first ep was Bullet Speed Subs which you can figure out by the mane there pretty fast and good at it
UPR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, peach-pit, shounen