AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-01-13, 18:02   Link #841
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
I will be honest. Seeing the Edelweiss in CoH makes me want to try to make my VC+RA crossover a Red Alert 2 Mod. That would be something: Voxel Edelweiss and Alicia.SHP.
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 22:12   Link #842
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloner4000 View Post
I think it might be because Japanese in general are not that into FPS games than US. I don't think I can aim at least carefully if it was real time but I guess that's part of the challenge.

Nice tanks btw way...That would be totally badass to have in CoH...
yup, thats probably it

and the Edelweiss won't be the only thing from VC we're adding >: D
imagine Batomys as a mobile HQ hehehe, oh infantry is going to talk a long time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShocktrooper View Post
I will be honest. Seeing the Edelweiss in CoH makes me want to try to make my VC+RA crossover a Red Alert 2 Mod. That would be something: Voxel Edelweiss and Alicia.SHP.
i remeber RA2 hurt my eyes xD something about it's colour schemes. Anyway i looked it up on mobDBb, there're actually some rather promising RA2 mods and the fan made sprites are much better than the originals (how many pixels does a conscript have anyway xD)but that means it'll reduce the amount of graphical work you have to do- i think its very possible to do by yourself, you should try

but yea, if anyone's modding anything with VC, we might be able to help
SoggySoyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 01:10   Link #843
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Assets would help. Also, in an RA2 enviroment, how would the Imp Heavy tank and the Marmota work? Valkyria could be simple (albiet overpowered) infantry, and and I could just give the Batomys one turret. (Here's an LOL moment. Kill Selvaria by squishing her with the Edelweiss.)
Old 2010-01-14, 07:24   Link #844
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Whats an asset

Hmm good question, i dont remember much, but i do remeber the apocalypse tank having missiles that attack....something...along with its cannons of course. so multi hardpoint tanks are possble. story wise, the imp heavy has a hull mounted, turret and in some cases a mortar...so you can either have all three firing, or maybe make the hull and mortar ability shots? (not sure if they have that in RA2-but i think so you just have to be creative w/ method )
this way you can have the mgs on the batomys

Marmota...doesn't really work in games xD it's like a map or building

they might have crush tables, since not all tanks can crush each other (apocalypse)
Old 2010-01-14, 07:55   Link #845
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I finally got around to starting Behind Her Blue Flame DLC. Very late I know but I suddenly had the urge to play Valkyria Chronicles again so I thought I best finish the DLC before starting a new game.

It's nice to see Imperial soldiers not being portrayed as mindless killers but humans with their own fears and problems.

Nearly finished the first mission, up to the last two CP of the second turn so far. Probably need the next round's CP to finish.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 12:46   Link #846
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoggySoyBean View Post
Whats an asset
Models, sprites, sound effects. That stuff.

Quote:
Hmm good question, i dont remember much, but i do remeber the apocalypse tank having missiles that attack....something...along with its cannons of course. so multi hardpoint tanks are possble.
Here's the thing. The Apocalypse uses the old Primary/Secondary setup. The guns are Primary, and the Anti Aircraft missiles are secondary. If I saw fit, I could make an Edelweiss voxel, give it the Rhino's gun, and the Pillbox's machine gun.

Quote:
story wise, the imp heavy has a hull mounted, turret and in some cases a mortar...so you can either have all three firing, or maybe make the hull and mortar ability shots?
The Imperial heavy tank has 'main' guns in both the turret and hull. The Mortar is right out (I'll also ditch it for units like the Shamrock and Medium Tank). The problem arises when I realize that RA2 can't handle multiple turrets.

Quote:
this way you can have the mgs on the batomys
I was actually figuring more along the lines of making the Batomys, gameplay wise, just being an upscaled regular tank (one central turret, with the Ragna-Cannon and a Machine gun that can insta-gib Infantry who get too close. I might have to make up an Artillery version of the Edelweiss for that mission.)

Quote:
Marmota...doesn't really work in games xD it's like a map or building
I imagine so. I recall hearing (and seeing) that RA2 has Tunnel Logic, so that might be one way to accompish things (the cargo bay at the front being a tunnel that spits you out in the Marmota).

Quote:
they might have crush tables, since not all tanks can crush each other (apocalypse)
Crushing other vehicles will probably be reserved for the Batomys (another reason to keep your distance). I'm thinking that Scouts, Shocktroopers, Engineers and Snipers be crushable, but Lancers would be Un-Crushable like Guardian GI's and Tesla Troopers (I think). The Marmota will probably be a mix of terrain and building (so the player can destroy Valkof), and I'm trying to figure out if Max and Selvaria should be crushable (for pure LOL reasons. I actually figure to end the Naggiar mission if Selvaria actually gets run over by a tank, with a recorded line of myself shouting "You broke it! You broke the storyline! YOU FAIL!")
Old 2010-01-14, 15:39   Link #847
cloner4000

Maximillian maybe..but I think since Selvaria is probably strong enough to block a tank shell, it's not likely she'll get crushed by a tank.
cloner4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 16:24   Link #848
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
Maximillian maybe..but I think since Selvaria is probably strong enough to block a tank shell, it's not likely she'll get crushed by a tank.
Actually running her over would actually cause the missions with her as a Valkyria to fail (she is a required part of the story line. I'll just give her too many hitpoints and a special type of armor that takes no damage from anything)... however, it would be a quick way to do her in at Ghirlandio, what with the Ruhm being a machine gun and all.

Plus, 'block a tank shell'. In the world of Valkyria Alert 2, since I intend for Multiplayer, we could potentially see multiple Edelweisses and Shamrocks in Skirmish and Multiplayer, since each version will be a different unit (including a version with all three of the Edelweiss' top upgrades. This version will be able to stand up to the Lupus Regnum and win.)

Also, since it's also a crossover with Red Alert, the Soviets are not constrained by the Squad-level tactical gameplay a Gallian player is. They get the full thing during the campaign (Barracks, War Factory, Etc.). Since the Gallian player will eventually end up fighting the Soviets, the War Miners could be an exploitable weakness in the Soviet war machine.
Old 2010-01-14, 21:05   Link #849
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
I finally got around to starting Behind Her Blue Flame DLC. Very late I know but I suddenly had the urge to play Valkyria Chronicles again so I thought I best finish the DLC before starting a new game.

It's nice to see Imperial soldiers not being portrayed as mindless killers but humans with their own fears and problems.

Nearly finished the first mission, up to the last two CP of the second turn so far. Probably need the next round's CP to finish.
yup yup, its too bad they're missing a buncha voice files luckily its not very noticable

Quote:
Here's the thing. The Apocalypse uses the old Primary/Secondary setup. The guns are Primary, and the Anti Aircraft missiles are secondary. If I saw fit, I could make an Edelweiss voxel, give it the Rhino's gun, and the Pillbox's machine gun.

The Imperial heavy tank has 'main' guns in both the turret and hull. The Mortar is right out (I'll also ditch it for units like the Shamrock and Medium Tank). The problem arises when I realize that RA2 can't handle multiple turrets.
Ahh, so thats how it works... oh yea and RA2 doesn't have ability attacks...

Quote:
I imagine so. I recall hearing (and seeing) that RA2 has Tunnel Logic, so that might be one way to accompish things (the cargo bay at the front being a tunnel that spits you out in the Marmota).
That'd be cool! good ol' starcraft nostalgia

Quote:
Crushing other vehicles will probably be reserved for the Batomys (another reason to keep your distance). I'm thinking that Scouts, Shocktroopers, Engineers and Snipers be crushable, but Lancers would be Un-Crushable like Guardian GI's and Tesla Troopers (I think). The Marmota will probably be a mix of terrain and building (so the player can destroy Valkof), and I'm trying to figure out if Max and Selvaria should be crushable (for pure LOL reasons. I actually figure to end the Naggiar mission if Selvaria actually gets run over by a tank, with a recorded line of myself shouting "You broke it! You broke the storyline! YOU FAIL!")
Pime Taradox?

Quote:
You can't run either over in VC xD because Max has power armour, and Sel is a Valk i guess

Quote:
Actually running her over would actually cause the missions with her as a Valkyria to fail (she is a required part of the story line. I'll just give her too many hitpoints and a special type of armor that takes no damage from anything)... however, it would be a quick way to do her in at Ghirlandio, what with the Ruhm being a machine gun and all.

Plus, 'block a tank shell'. In the world of Valkyria Alert 2, since I intend for Multiplayer, we could potentially see multiple Edelweisses and Shamrocks in Skirmish and Multiplayer, since each version will be a different unit (including a version with all three of the Edelweiss' top upgrades. This version will be able to stand up to the Lupus Regnum and win.)

Also, since it's also a crossover with Red Alert, the Soviets are not constrained by the Squad-level tactical gameplay a Gallian player is. They get the full thing during the campaign (Barracks, War Factory, Etc.). Since the Gallian player will eventually end up fighting the Soviets, the War Miners could be an exploitable weakness in the Soviet war machine.
Might want to give the 'hero' tanks some less unique names then

right in terms of "assests", opo368 and AmbitiousOwl are working on the textures and models-but Ambit's not doing VC stuff yet, i started building a VC sound bank a while back but haven't worked on it in a while xD. if anyone needs anything, ask and i'll see what we can do
Old 2010-01-14, 21:34   Link #850
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

The soviets being there in the first place is a paradox.

I recall seeing that your CoH mod would have the Edelweiss Ausf. A and B, so this is similar in that respect. Help it does not that all three Shamrocks fill combat roles (though, it will be a generic tank, not explicitly THE Shamrock, simply mass-produced tanks that you might use vs. the Red Army (I do not think 2 tanks plus lancers can hold off a quartet of Apocalypse tanks.

Further, .vxl's exist of RA3 Uprising's Grinder. That would be an LOL unit, though it could be nigh useless in actual combat.

So, all I need is a .SHP artist to make infantry and buildings.
Old 2010-01-14, 23:59   Link #851
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

i was referring to the Time Paradox Fission Mail screen of MGS3 xD
"...you can't do that!"

Yea we're doing one edelweiss tank per game regardless of mark, maybe i misread but yea, what's the difference between the Shamrock and normal gallian tank? is it only Zaka's custom paint job and the option of customiz-ability and amour and what not?-oh wait...thats a huge diference... i mean to the early, 'clean', as is Shamrock

but yea, i would call those tanks something other than Shamrock i guess, is all im saying... lol 'panzer 2 and a half'

i find the grinder useless in RA3 redundant at least when they give you the option to grind infantry, the pay-off is so miniscule you might as well just run them over with the grinder

oh and by same roles do you mean, anti-infantry mortar/cannon, anti-infantry gattling gun and anti-infantry flamethrower xD eh, totally infatnry support tank i guess. gattling can target aircraft would be obvious. or since it seems ineffective against tanks but good vs. infantry, comes a bit earlier in game?

oh don't forget UI and menu stuff finishing touches and details are always great, although finding VC stuff might be a bit harder...

and opo really needs to update that thread...and I the blog...
Old 2010-01-15, 16:38   Link #852
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
i was referring to the Time Paradox Fission Mail screen of MGS3 xD
"...you can't do that!"
I prefer breaking the fourth wall. "Too soon! You broke the Storyline! You can't kill Selvaria!" (Mission Failed). Of course, it would be an easter egg, since actually managing to run Selvaria over would be a hard task (she can one-shot just about anything short of Aircraft you send her way, and since the Gallian's don't get aircraft...)

Quote:
but yea, i would call those tanks something other than Shamrock i guess, is all im saying... lol 'panzer 2 and a half'
Or, go with a fairly generic name (since I do not recall any tanks other than the Edelweiss, Lupus, and Shamrock having names [other than the flame Heavies you face], I could simply call it 'Gallian Tank,' and give the Soviet vehicles names such as 'Main Battle Tank' or 'Assault Tank.')

Quote:
i find the grinder useless in RA3 redundant at least when they give you the option to grind infantry, the pay-off is so miniscule you might as well just run them over with the grinder
Well, the Grinder would be a 'wtf?' unit anyway. It doesn't really have a combat role, though perhaps I could let the Gallian player have one or two to fight the Lupus with. The look on Jaeger's face would be great to see.

Quote:
oh and by same roles do you mean, anti-infantry mortar/cannon, anti-infantry gattling gun and anti-infantry flamethrower xD eh, totally infatnry support tank i guess. gattling can target aircraft would be obvious. or since it seems ineffective against tanks but good vs. infantry, comes a bit earlier in game?
The idea that the Shamrock's gun mods fill many roles is just what you've stated (though, the player won't be able to use Zaka's tank until post-Fouzen, the Flamethrower could find good use in anti-building and anti-personnel work, the Gatling would be AA [and highly effective], and the cannon would be useless. )

Quote:
oh don't forget UI and menu stuff finishing touches and details are always great, although finding VC stuff might be a bit harder...

and opo really needs to update that thread...and I the blog...
*sigh* Guess I get to recycle ripped assets from the Blitzkreig mod. Also, I'm curious as to how you've been building your sound bank (and what exactly it includes). And what will I do for generic units? I'm not about to let the player 'build' Alicia, Rosie, and Largo, so generic, faceless Gallian units will appear to fill boots in Multiplayer.
Old 2010-01-15, 18:47   Link #853
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Quote:
I prefer breaking the fourth wall. "Too soon! You broke the Storyline! You can't kill Selvaria!" (Mission Failed). Of course, it would be an easter egg, since actually managing to run Selvaria over would be a hard task (she can one-shot just about anything short of Aircraft you send her way, and since the Gallian's don't get aircraft...)
aha, sounds like people might favour/resort to arty spam lol j/k

Quote:
Or, go with a fairly generic name (since I do not recall any tanks other than the Edelweiss, Lupus, and Shamrock having names [other than the flame Heavies you face], I could simply call it 'Gallian Tank,' and give the Soviet vehicles names such as 'Main Battle Tank' or 'Assault Tank.')
Thats the word! GENERIC, that's what i meant. but thats something im trying to avoid...trying to make their names meaningful and significant

Quote:
Well, the Grinder would be a 'wtf?' unit anyway. It doesn't really have a combat role, though perhaps I could let the Gallian player have one or two to fight the Lupus with. The look on Jaeger's face would be great to see.
quite

Quote:
The idea that the Shamrock's gun mods fill many roles is just what you've stated (though, the player won't be able to use Zaka's tank until post-Fouzen, the Flamethrower could find good use in anti-building and anti-personnel work, the Gatling would be AA [and highly effective], and the cannon would be useless. )
xD eh, it can be light AT...lols

Quote:
*sigh* Guess I get to recycle ripped assets from the Blitzkreig mod. Also, I'm curious as to how you've been building your sound bank (and what exactly it includes). And what will I do for generic units? I'm not about to let the player 'build' Alicia, Rosie, and Largo, so generic, faceless Gallian units will appear to fill boots in Multiplayer.
How?: ehehehehee, with rather bootleg methods
what it includes...well basically stuff you can use in an RTS, ie. selecting, move orders and attacking units, underfire - the command/status feedbacks basically

umm yah we still have that problem we are going to let the field familiar characters (they won't be hero's or anything, just a part of the squad or the squad leader in the case of a certain sergeant xD) problem arises when you have multiple squads...and well...there will be alot of headscrafs >.>
Old 2010-01-15, 19:08   Link #854
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
aha, sounds like people might favour/resort to arty spam lol j/k
Well, you can't kill her without crushing her when she's a Valkyria, so that's right out (You can, however, suppress her)

Quote:
Thats the word! GENERIC, that's what i meant. but thats something im trying to avoid...trying to make their names meaningful and significant
So, stuff like 'Rhino,' 'Grizzly', 'Hammer' and 'Sickle', 'Mammoth', and so forth? What will we call the VC tanks? A supposed nickname for the Imperial medium tank was the 'Fatherland,' and the Soviets can use the likes of the 'Klement Voroshilov' and 'Leon Trotsky,' but what will I call the generic Gallian tank, plus the Imperial Light and Heavy tanks?

Quote:
quite
"What? A tank with no gun? What good could that possibly do?"

(Grinder eats a Heavy Tank)

"What... the... FU---"

(Grinder eats Lupus Regnum)

Though, Grinders are better for anti-structure and anti-FutureTank X-1 work.

Quote:
xD eh, it can be light AT...lols
Cannon Variant use found: Hit-and-Run (against the Soviets, at least. They have the big slow monsters that can toe-to-toe with the Lupus head on and win for MBT's.)

Quote:
How?: ehehehehee, with rather bootleg methods
For shame on you!
Quote:
what it includes...well basically stuff you can use in an RTS, ie. selecting, move orders and attacking units, underfire - the command/status feedbacks basically
So, all the important stuff, in other words?

Quote:
umm yah we still have that problem we are going to let the field familiar characters (they won't be hero's or anything, just a part of the squad or the squad leader in the case of a certain sergeant xD) problem arises when you have multiple squads...and well...there will be alot of headscrafs >.>
I'll put a shoutout to your mod in if you place a findable Apocalypse Tank husk in yours (it would be scenery), with a line from a peon, "Wait, isn't that in the wrong timeline?" My shoutout to yours: "We have six Alicias! What the hell!" This, of course, assumes I even get my mod off the drawing board.

Though, hiding a Rhino tank somewhere on some map, and letting the player find and use it in combat would be cool.

Last edited by RedShocktrooper; 2010-01-15 at 19:49.
Old 2010-01-17, 06:45   Link #855
jwai

I just started up the Edy Detachment DLC, many months after actually downloading it. Lynn's blank unamused face (not unlike Alicia's) for the win. I wonder if anyone's able to get a screencap of that.

Tanks on both sides. Outnumbered. Half your team is made up of suboptimal characters. Sounds like fun, but at the time, I just saved the starting first turn. Might give it a go some other time.
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 16:51   Link #856
Neovoid

Actually I wouldn't mind a real world WWII MOD for VC. Although I would prefer each faction gets their own unique class names like in Company of Heroes.

US Army

Rifleman (Scouts)
* Armed with M1 Garand or M1 Carbine
* Can use Rifle Grenades

Ranger (Shocktrooper)
* Armed with M1 Thompson, M3 Grease Gun, or BAR
* Can carry M2 Flamethrower as a secondary weapon

Engineer (Engineer)
* Armed with M1 Garand or M1 Carbine
* Can resupply, disable mines, cut barb wire, etc

Rocket Soldier (Lancer)
* Armed with M9 Bazooka or M18 Recoilless Rifle
* Can carry M2 60mm Mortar as secondary weapon

Sniper (Sniper)
* Armed with M1903 Springfield

Tanks
* M4 Sherman (Medium Tank)
* M26 Pershing (Heavy Tank)

Wehrmacht

Grenadier (Scout)
* Armed with Kar 98K or Gewehr 43
* Can use Rifle Grenades

Stormtrooper (Shocktrooper)
* Armed with MP 40, StG 44, or MG 42
* Can carry Flammenwerfer 35 as secondary weapon

Pioneer (Engineer)
* Armed with Kar 98K or Gewehr 43
* Can resupply, disable mines, cut barb wire, etc

Rocket Trooper (Lancer)
* Armed with Panzershreck or Panzerfaust
* Can carry Gr. 34 8cm Mortar as secondary weapon

Sniper (Sniper)
* Armed with Scoped Kar 98K or Scoped Gewehr 43

Tanks
* Panzer IV (Medium Tank)
* Panther (Medium Tank)
* Tiger (Heavy Tank)
Neovoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 17:13   Link #857
cloner4000

Wouldn't there be problem with the mortar? The lancer mortar are quite different from the mortar they use in WWII. The range and the number of people required to operate that is insufficient.

Although I think instead of mod the VC, it'll be faster to change the FPS shooter around into VC playstyle.
cloner4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 18:40   Link #858
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Modding VC proper is actually impossible: people with lots of power (namely, the Great and Almighty Developers) don't like people toying with files on the system (and in some cases, on PC games as well). As Cloner said, we're more likely to see a Battlefield Mod that allows players to be Shocks and Scouts than we are to see a VC mod that lets you command Assaultmen and Sherman Tanks.

That said, I've actually had a musing on a BF1942-style VC FPS. Canon characters would appear in NPC form, so the player won't be assuming direct control over Alicia or Welkin, though we could go for the similar Star Wars: Battlefront formula, rather than the one used by Battlefield 1942 when it comes to playing as characters. (In most other respects, the two games are identical in how they handle classes.)
Old 2010-01-20, 00:07   Link #859
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

bleh... sorry for the late reply, but its been hectic lately
Quote:
So, stuff like 'Rhino,' 'Grizzly', 'Hammer' and 'Sickle', 'Mammoth', and so forth? What will we call the VC tanks? A supposed nickname for the Imperial medium tank was the 'Fatherland,' and the Soviets can use the likes of the 'Klement Voroshilov' and 'Leon Trotsky,' but what will I call the generic Gallian tank, plus the Imperial Light and Heavy tanks?
Hmmm, I don't really know what you could call theme, sounds like a job for the fanfic thread What we're doing is giving them a technical name/military nomenclature and a "nickname", example: "T08A2 Arakuneada", and T08A3 "White Widow". In the case of RA, T-xx Rhino in the case of soviets? Jerries would use either the Sdkfz. designation or the specific vehicle name i.e. Pzkpf x. hmm i should call the light gallian a LichterPzkfp. traditionally they'd use a mark, but i might opt for the calibre of the gun or year of design...

on a somewhat related note,"fatherland" is for the facists, "motherland" to the commies

Quote:
Cannon Variant use found: Hit-and-Run (against the Soviets, at least. They have the big slow monsters that can toe-to-toe with the Lupus head on and win for MBT's.)
Oh noes circle strafe?

Quote:
For shame on you!
I'm sure they won't mind but yea methods are quite...amateur and like...noob
*sigh* i really want their 3d models T_T they're so pretty
i thought it was impossible to get that kinda thing, being BD and PS3 but just today i found out that someone managed to extract the models and textures from FFXIII...
now i really want VC models >.> they're like hugs xD
anyone have any idea how or where to start looking?

Quote:
So, all the important stuff, in other words?
yeshh
especially if you don't want to get a GI speaking whenever you select Alicia or something xD

Quote:
I'll put a shoutout to your mod in if you place a findable Apocalypse Tank husk in yours (it would be scenery), with a line from a peon, "Wait, isn't that in the wrong timeline?" My shoutout to yours: "We have six Alicias! What the hell!" This, of course, assumes I even get my mod off the drawing board.
hahahaha xD well, at least they'd be useful, Alicia rush anyone?

Quote:
Though, hiding a Rhino tank somewhere on some map, and letting the player find and use it in combat would be cool.
yea, but we don't have a mapmaker yet >.< i've been meaning to check it out but, busy busy >.>

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwai View Post
I just started up the Edy Detachment DLC, many months after actually downloading it. Lynn's blank unamused face (not unlike Alicia's) for the win. I wonder if anyone's able to get a screencap of that.
I dled it a few months ago too have't started yet either waiting for the latest lc to get it all in one go i guess

i've been looking for ways to take screenshots but VC doesn't have any built in

best way is to get some kind of video in, ideally HDMI on your computer...
but if you've got a camera or something you can try plugging it into that, i'd recommend against taking a picture of the screen, opo368 is building the edelweiss from pictures AmbitiousOwl took...hehe it was fun watching him go crazy

hmm if your lucky someone might have filmed it via video in and uploaded it to youtube, if you find that scene you could get a screen cap of it by watching the video and print screen-ing

yesh, my methods are bootleg =_=
Old 2010-01-20, 20:30   Link #860
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
Hmmm, I don't really know what you could call theme, sounds like a job for the fanfic thread What we're doing is giving them a technical name/military nomenclature and a "nickname", example: "T08A2 Arakuneada", and T08A3 "White Widow". In the case of RA, T-xx Rhino in the case of soviets? Jerries would use either the Sdkfz. designation or the specific vehicle name i.e. Pzkpf x. hmm i should call the light gallian a LichterPzkfp. traditionally they'd use a mark, but i might opt for the calibre of the gun or year of design...
Well, the Soviet MBT is the KV-85, supplemented with the KV-110. The High-end tank is the IS-125-2, but we call them the Hammer, Rhino and Apocalypse tanks, respectively.

So, the Imperials could find themselves getting the 'P' (for Panzer), with a letter before and a number after for the main gun (the light tank = LP-45 [I think], medium = MP-76, heavy = SP-122/76. The PZ-85... guess.)

(Or, Light Tank = Lichte Panzer, Medium = Mittlepanzer, Heavy = Schwere Panzer, Destroyer = Panzerzerstoerer, since the Imps use names like 'Kar' and 'PL', since the P stands for Panzer.)

The Gallians only use one other tank besides the Edelweiss (Shamrock not withstanding), and I'll probably call that the GT-1

Quote:
Oh noes circle strafe?
Not quite, since it would be impossible against more than one Soviet tank (and a good Soviet player always sends them out plural).

Quote:
now i really want VC models >.> they're like hugs xD
anyone have any idea how or where to start looking?
Google might be one place. Search for 'how to rip models from PS3 Games' or something.

Quote:
especially if you don't want to get a GI speaking whenever you select Alicia or something xD
Well, I could end up using Tanya's voice for Alicia (and Rosie, Edy, Susie, etc), since it would make way more sense than clicking on any of the above and getting "SQUARED AWAY SIR! HOO-AH! YOU GOT IT! DIGGIN' IN!" wouldn't it? Also, for lulz: Clicking on Selvaria and getting "Conscript reportingk. Moving Out. Attacking... You are sure?". Speaking of that, I found a use for the lines for selecting wounded squadmembers. You'd hear Alicia going '...this can't be good...' at the same time a Conscript would go 'Mommy!'

Quote:
hahahaha xD well, at least they'd be useful, Alicia rush anyone?
A fine counter to Soviet Conscript Spam. Albeit, the Alicia:Conscript ratio would be 1:10, and Conscripts never come one by one (so, if you have ten Alicias, a Soviet player could have 100 conscripts... enough to just overwhelm them).

Quote:
yea, but we don't have a mapmaker yet >.< i've been meaning to check it out but, busy busy >.>
I'd say 'aye', but I don't have Company of Heroes.

Quote:
yesh, my methods are bootleg =_=
Well, they work, don't they?