AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-29, 16:50   Link #1621
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
I think it's safe to say the best episode from this show was the first one-v-;;.
Pretty much. The one where the older sister maid delivers her speech was good too. That's about it.

This show utterly failed to live up to my expectations, which granted, were pretty high. The story definitely had a lot of potential, but the terrible execution of the anime ruined it and turned this series into a complete borefest.
Old 2013-03-29, 19:37   Link #1622
Dop
Mmmm....

What? Was... was that it?

I've always been a bit ambivalent on this series. Parts of the show I really liked (and I'm not just referring to Maou's chest). Other parts of the show made me think I was watching a badly edited abridged version of a much better show.

There were certainly a number of times when I felt I was going to drop the show, only it would then do something to re-engage my interest and keep me watching.

Maybe there just wasn't the money to do a longer series. Or maybe they just didn't have the confidence in the material to do a longer series.

If they got a second season, then hopefully it would go somewhere and resolve some things and possibly have some kind of ending. That would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 19:56   Link #1623
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

What was that last episode? You've got some demon tribes in league with the church, and they even have gunpowder weapons now (dunno how effective those are when you've got one person WMDs like Hero walking the earth, but eh). Then we've got Maou calling all the demon tribes for a demon council or something. THEN we cut to the end part where Maou is back at the human realm and everyone now is at peace with each other or something? I dunno, but am I missing something here? Because it just doesn't connect at all.

So yeah, kinda sad at this series. It had potential to be good, but it seems like they were skipping parts right and left. :shrug:

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 20:38   Link #1624
Elestia

The show ends with an open-ended conclusion. They leave enough room so that there would be a possibility of a second season. Overall there were some moments in the anime that really shined, but a lot of material had to be cut to fit into the 12 episodes allotted. Much of the world building and character development were left to rot in the sun. Too many of the side characters were shunned only appearing only when absolutely necessary.

I highly recommend the manga adaptation just to see more fleshed out story and characters.
Old 2013-03-29, 21:25   Link #1625
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
What? Was... was that it?

I've always been a bit ambivalent on this series. Parts of the show I really liked (and I'm not just referring to Maou's chest). Other parts of the show made me think I was watching a badly edited abridged version of a much better show.

There were certainly a number of times when I felt I was going to drop the show, only it would then do something to re-engage my interest and keep me watching.

Maybe there just wasn't the money to do a longer series. Or maybe they just didn't have the confidence in the material to do a longer series.

If they got a second season, then hopefully it would go somewhere and resolve some things and possibly have some kind of ending. That would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath.
Well it ends this way because the main story is 5 LN and this season only covers the first 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
So we finally got to see Maou vs Yuusha something like a fight.
Didn't expect to see this at all judging by the way things were going.
I wasn't surprised how fast he got her to her senses..
In this anime humans were pretty much the only bad guys.
Humans were so difficult to deal with... so stubborn.
All in all this was a good anime which could've been better.
Well as you saw there are demons that are working with the bad guys as well as the more warlike demons like the artic general. The demons are by and large less corrupt then the humans because Maou has been their leader for over a decade working to weed out most of the causes of corruption and strife. If someone that was equlely reasonable and focused on changeing the world for the better was in charge of the human world then the war would have ended long ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I was HOPING they would at least get Hero vs DQ fight right, but they failed even that =0(. There was ZERO tension in that whole scene; no former demon lord shadows, no attack magic, no swordplay, just a teleport and a hug =02. Strangely, the fight between the 1-eyed merc and Soldier(DQ's former student) was better than the Hero/DQ one, though that's not saying much since it wasn't that good either. I have NO idea how Soldier managed to grab the merc's sword, when it fell before them, not to mention having to fight the merc on the way down AND being injured. I'm going to completely ignore the fact that only a small amount of the sword is in the wall perpendicularly, yet managed to stop a heavy guy falling without being pulled out. I guess grabbing the rope would be too realistic (>.>)...

This show has failed in delivering a cohesive watching experience; the way they ignored the minor details for the entire cast really killed this show. Those minor details fleshed out the cast so nicely, despite being relatively unimportant to the storyline. They tried to do too much in too little time; they should have either made it into a 2-cour series, or a 1-cour series that stopped after Aurora Island was recaptured. The only things that truly shined in this series was HeroxDQxFK moments, or any combination of two of those chars. I loved Sawashiro's voice for FK to bits; she really did a wonderful job there =03. Other than that, this series is rather forgettable(well, the anime anyways. The manga is excellent =03)
Given the way the novel is writen I doubt the Shadows were part of it. The fight it self was fine and was always pretty much always just Hero hugging her so that she breaks the demon lords control.

As for your ideas of paceing even with everything they trimmed down added back in I don't think they could add more then 4 eps max so to do what you are suggesting would require some serious padding. They could have covered a 3rd book if they did a 2 coure but then you run into issues if they finsh out the novels as the last 2 books would have to be pared down instead.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 21:43   Link #1626
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.12

while blue hero trying wake up red queen at winter land mage give winter ruler a scroll with advice to cure from smallpox yet oh yikes big sis & little sis meet one-eye war guy.

blue hero give I Know You’re in There Somewhere speech give want red queen yep she wake up all good while one-eye going mad killing mood til close eye soldier to rescue even armed with metal wrist band to speak tackle one-eye to fall from high area.

female knight making lots of scatter the people to play numbers to battle plans & one-eye is splat with soldier close eyes is all fine.

meanwhile a meet going on reveal the an item a rifle where some higher power want these items & yet red queen meet the people give them speech cue dark knight but not amused.

so unleash big plasma ball to make a volcano cue people’s power yes chant with that plus merchant make trades deal with human & demons.

now time for hero, red queen, female knight, maid, & two sis have dinner some talk fun with hero got “sandwich” by red queen & female knight with red this is begin of new era.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 21:43   Link #1627
rickadams
Yggdrasil DJ

http://yggdrasilradio.net/cypher/smallpox.jpg Translation of letter in episode 12.
Old 2013-03-29, 21:54   Link #1628
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

That was quite unfortunate. Maoyuu was definitely hurt quite a bit by expectations based on the "Kotowaru!" manga series, suffering from the One-Cour Syndrome, and simply how packed the plot details are.

Anyway, seeing Maou struggle amidst her subjects at least made me smile.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 23:16   Link #1629
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Images
nyantype nsfw
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-03-30, 00:42   Link #1630
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
That was quite unfortunate. Maoyuu was definitely hurt quite a bit by expectations based on the "Kotowaru!" manga series, suffering from the One-Cour Syndrome, and simply how packed the plot details are.

Anyway, seeing Maou struggle amidst her subjects at least made me smile.
Another casualty of one One Cour Syndrome. They tried squeezing a 52 Episode plot into a quarter of that length. An unmitigated disaster of an adaptation
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 03:10   Link #1631
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

The Center Kingdom has musket. So what will Southern Triad do? develep gunpower weapons or ally with demon pro-Maou clans?
Old 2013-03-30, 03:13   Link #1632
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
The Center Kingdom has musket. So what will Southern Triad do? develep gunpower weapons or ally with Demon pro-maou clans?
The musket was what maoyuu invented or at least had the iron kingdom make it, the Central Kingdom just stole the design so both sides would have access to muskets.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 03:38   Link #1633
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

So, the bloody war will can't be avoid by just teleport spells or something like non-lethal methods.
Old 2013-03-30, 03:53   Link #1634
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Ravenblitz: Older Sister Maid supports freedom... and the lack of a bikini top. I approve.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 04:57   Link #1635
MAX_COLA_POWER!

@Ravenblitz: So yeah, let's summarize: Best parts of the series: episode 1, Older sister maid's speeches, and fanservice pics provided by nyantype and EroKing. Good hustle.
Old 2013-03-30, 05:34   Link #1636
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Ane-ue Maido Yuusha? i approve
Old 2013-03-30, 12:11   Link #1637
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Dragon princess looks good withwout the 2 drills
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 12:20   Link #1638
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

well, I kinda knew it was a tall order for the series to actually come up with solutions to all the problems it posed in just 12 episodes..

at least they left it open-ended. there better be a season 2.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 12:57   Link #1639
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

My reaction is mixed. While i didn't like the anime for forcing a lot of stuff in a 12 episodes which didn't give viewers enough time to understand and relate with the cast, i still enjoy watching the anime.

Here's hoping the next time they do another anime, it would be done right.
Old 2013-03-30, 14:02   Link #1640
U<3Anime
Boo!

I wouldn't want a second season, give me a remake instead. Different studio and have it run for 2 cours instead.

Tags
economics, fantasy, harem