AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi... - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 12 16.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 27.40%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 36.99%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 19.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-19, 11:39   Link #101
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Ah, but it's nice to see Yozora gets a little taste of defeat for once.
For once? Besides maybe one or two times, Yozora always pays for her actions. Not to the same degree that Sena does, but still.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2011-11-19, 12:57   Link #102
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
For once? Besides maybe one or two times, Yozora always pays for her actions. Not to the same degree that Sena does, but still.
Like I said, bad karma . Sena's getting the penalty because of her attitude anyway. Too much pride and "ojousama" air around her.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2011-11-19, 13:16   Link #103
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Man, another funny ep. Loved it when Yozora was emphasizing "meat" in front of Sena while on the phone with Kodaka rofl.
Old 2011-11-19, 17:25   Link #104
potchip

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
You gotta remember, touch phones are incredibly expensive. No kid can afford those on their own without generous parents or a part time job. It's much more affordable to just get a standard flip phone from a phone kiosk or store. And many phones are prepaid as well, only those with deep pockets actually have plans.
To use cellphone in Japan you have to be on a plan...no pre-paid credits as such. Touch phones are becoming common in Japan particularly with the younger crowd.

Amusing no one is dissecting the strange physics when Sena's boobs are concerned yet is analyzing Sena running away crying and the motive behind it. They are the same, it's called fan service. In slapstick comedy when a character gets flattened by a physical hit, do you go and then claim 'gosh that's too much force, what's wrong with this character? Can't you see it's hurting the flattened one too much'? Sena's ego inflates right back just like the flattened character, service time over, the show continues. "Sena's running away because Yozora hurts her feelings" LOLZ.
Old 2011-11-19, 17:34   Link #105
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

It's not really Senna that I'm worried about. It's Yozora's character. It's kinda hard to like her when she acts like that.
Old 2011-11-19, 17:55   Link #106
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
^ Think of it in this way, because of Yozora's heartless and unbound bullying, Sena gets several chances to:
  • Show off her meat bouncing, while running away in tears, which is both sexy (former) and cute (later) nonetheless...
  • and run to Kodaka for consolation, pretending (rightfully or not) to be the helpless victim in need for protection, also very cute; as well as very effective, since Kodaka has shown in more than one occasions that is attracted to weak girls in need of white knights.
So considering the results, Yozora pushes Sena to Kodaka's arms, which pisses her off, which makes her more offensive, which pushes Sena even closer... and so goes the vicious circle
Old 2011-11-19, 19:17   Link #107
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Ironically, except for the spam at the end which went waaaay too far (that's just not cool, not cool at all), Yozora is pretty likable this episode.
  • She's all giddy about the cellphone with Kodaka. It's even funnier for me because I felt something similar first time I did the infrared exchange thing.
  • Sena was pushing Yozora's button with her tsuntsun on cellphones, and Yozora's response wasn't at all overboard. Kinda funny actually.
  • Rika owned her off-screen with her invincible perversion. It's fun seeing Yozora in defeated mode for once.
Old 2011-11-20, 15:55   Link #108
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
To use cellphone in Japan you have to be on a plan...no pre-paid credits as such. Touch phones are becoming common in Japan particularly with the younger crowd.

Amusing no one is dissecting the strange physics when Sena's boobs are concerned yet is analyzing Sena running away crying and the motive behind it. They are the same, it's called fan service. In slapstick comedy when a character gets flattened by a physical hit, do you go and then claim 'gosh that's too much force, what's wrong with this character? Can't you see it's hurting the flattened one too much'? Sena's ego inflates right back just like the flattened character, service time over, the show continues. "Sena's running away because Yozora hurts her feelings" LOLZ.
Really? Has it changed that much in the last 6yrs? I remember having to pick up a prepaid cell phone last I was there cause it would've cost an arm and a leg using my own phone. Hard to keep up with the times, I'll have to ask my cousin if this is true.

Anyway boob physics are fine! The more they jiggle the better! XD
Old 2011-11-20, 16:28   Link #109
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
While I don't mind the boob physics, I have to say though that some of the gratuitous fanservice shots in this show are really strange. I can't really explain why, but I think the best description I can give is "imagine Animaniacs slipping in an adult joke, only for it to get discovered by the censors instantly".

Old 2011-11-20, 18:29   Link #110
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
While I don't mind the boob physics, I have to say though that some of the gratuitous fanservice shots in this show are really strange. I can't really explain why, but I think the best description I can give is "imagine Animaniacs slipping in an adult joke, only for it to get discovered by the censors instantly".
I don't see how it's strange since the show is littered with tons of fanservice.
Old 2011-11-20, 18:35   Link #111
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Hey, now. I still use a flip phone too. I have no interest in phones besides using them to call people-- I pretty much view them with the same disdain as Sena does.

Yukimura is the show stealer this episode, being a maid with a bizzare code of honor and making Maria's life terrible. It's a nice break from Yozora and Sena's bickering which is funny in itself, but can get a bit too much. Sena's just frustrated from not having a phone like anyone else, so she spends most of her time making her boobs bounce. She should have totally just bought some expensive phone and mocked people.

I also laughed at the discussion about forums, for obvious reasons. Oh man, they'd totally wreck the internet.

Technology which one isn't acquainted with leads to these strange and fun feelings. It's like "omg this gadget can do what?" That part was well done.

And Yozora might have to learn that that behavior's gonna make matters which will draw sympathy away from her. Or not... Good episode, so 8/10

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-11-20, 19:03   Link #112
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
I don't see how it's strange since the show is littered with tons of fanservice.
Not really sure. Could just be me, personally.

Edit: I think it's because while there's a lot of fanservice thrown into the show, it's usually done in a way where it doesn't distract (like with the Negima manga). However, some of the fanservice shots (like that focus on Yozora's and Sena's chests in Episode 4 after Rika started hugging Kodaka's arm) look out of place to me. Like somebody hired an anime camera man who had a dubious resume. It's not as bad as those low-angle shots you see in a lot of fanservice anime, but it makes Rika's perversion look natural, and I don't think that's a good thing.

Last edited by Flawfinder; 2011-11-20 at 19:26.
Old 2011-11-20, 19:20   Link #113
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

I don't find the fan service from this anime that bad.

When you compare it to something like Highschool Of The Dead or anything similar, it isn't close to strange XD

Then again, some people aren't that fond when it comes to fan service, so it could lower their expectations of this anime if it's like that.
Old 2011-11-20, 20:14   Link #114
Dahak86
Classics never age

Personally, I think the fanservice in Haganai is pretty low-key. Especially when compared to some other more fanservice-based/driven shows.
unless you wanna consider the annoying "gainaxing" - (with fully-clothed breasts) - as "fanservice" too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
Then again, some people aren't that fond when it comes to fan service, so it could lower their expectations of this anime if it's like that.
as for me, the more the better.
(but only if done right)
Old 2011-11-20, 20:18   Link #115
Shikinami_
The Cabbage Master

I found it kinda ridiculous how they didnt think of the cellphone idea in the first place....
but OH MY GOSH! Sena was so INCREDIBLY ADORABLE in this episode.
Old 2011-11-20, 20:21   Link #116
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Same here, nothing wrong with it.
Actually, there's nothing wrong with fanservice as a whole

Quote:
When you compare it to something like Highschool Of The Dead or anything similar, it isn't close to strange XD
Yes, I've seen series with a great deal more fanservice. This here is really very tame in comparison.

Quote:
True, the more puritan folks aren't that fond of fanservice because of their pantsu-phobia
Old 2011-11-20, 20:26   Link #117
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Agree. I just don't get it sometimes when people goes "Stupid fanservice anime" just b/c there are soime bouncing boobs. Hack, I don't think there's even any pantsu-shot so far, and the only "true" service is when Kobato run naked into Kodaka a few episodes back (Even then, it's in the novel, so I won't complain at all about it being "random fanservice").
Old 2011-11-20, 20:28   Link #118
Shikinami_
The Cabbage Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
Agree. I just don't get it sometimes when people goes "Stupid fanservice anime" just b/c there are soime bouncing boobs. Hack, I don't think there's even any pantsu-shot so far, and the only "true" service is when Kobato run naked into Kodaka a few episodes back (Even then, it's in the novel, so I won't complain at all about it being "random fanservice").
The only stupid fan service I see is in the opening when Yozora and Sena have their bodies pressed against glass. Other than that, there isn't anything out of the normal that you wouldn't see in real life.
Old 2011-11-20, 20:31   Link #119
potchip

Quote:
Really? Has it changed that much in the last 6yrs? I remember having to pick up a prepaid cell phone last I was there cause it would've cost an arm and a leg using my own phone. Hard to keep up with the times, I'll have to ask my cousin if this is true.

I don't think pre-paid phones are available to non-residents, everything else comes with contracts, no pre-paid sims. Though there are phone 'rental' services but I did the sums and I might as well use the roaming service instead (and IP phone).

I'm more commenting on how gag behaviour/service is taken as 'personality'. An analogy is to take Team Rocket's tendency to disappear into the horizon as their personality trait of 'like to rocket it' and by extension, this is caused by of how brutally violent Pikachu is.

Reality is, Team rocket doesn't need to rocket it nor is Pikachu a serial killer, but that's the gag of the show.

Last edited by potchip; 2011-11-20 at 23:22.
Old 2011-11-20, 23:48   Link #120
FateAnomaly

My favourite scene is somehow the opening where Kobato changes her mind about going out so nonchalantly.
Closed Thread