AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-12-13, 15:27   Link #701
GDB

Thanks. First one makes sense, though the second one is a bit annoying. Takes away a bit of the surprise for anime viewers with the way they did it.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 12:01   Link #702
tyronoa

Thanks to Oroboro for answering my previous question.

Does ALO have status effect?
In SAO this played a major role but seems to have been ignored completely.

Also does it have any other branch of offensive magic other than fire and wind?
From what I remember Leafa used some wind magic, Salamanders were said to be the strongest DPS magic but nothing more than that.

Thank you.
tyronoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 05:00   Link #703
Divini
Senpai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronoa View Post
Thanks to Oroboro for answering my previous question.

Does ALO have status effect?
In SAO this played a major role but seems to have been ignored completely.

Also does it have any other branch of offensive magic other than fire and wind?
From what I remember Leafa used some wind magic, Salamanders were said to be the strongest DPS magic but nothing more than that.

Thank you.
Spoiler for stuff revealed in the LN later:
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 09:36   Link #704
Klaybox

Hello everyone

I am new here but was looking for forums about this SAO after I watched last episode: really wanted to read other people's opinion about it and maybe have question answered.

Just to let you know where i'm coming from here: I am a big fan of animes but also a mmorpg addict (played various ones for pretty much a decade now ).I guess the theme of the serie really appealed to me, probably because of that.

I have to admit that although I really enjoyed various themes presents in the show, My preference definitely was for 'fight' scenes. (in most mmorpgs I played I wasn't exactly the 'RP player' or the 'Minigames / Auction-House player', put Simply I enjoy particularly PvE, PvP and combat/magic use etc).

Now I have to say that the first Arc of this serie was really enjoyable to watch for me: epic fights, duels, raids on bosses and countless scenes I really liked.
With this regard, the second Arc slightly disapointed me, with the exceptions of 3 episodes (the fight against Salamanders when Kirito turns into a beast / the fight with the Salamander's general / fight with the World's Tree guardians). I know there are a few other episodes with combat but to be honest nothing from them really comes back to mind except that it was disapointing.

I have to say that this really surprised me though, because I saw so much potential in ALO from that perspective: the different types of magic, awesome spells like beast transformation, illusions, mana shields, phase-shift blades...

Now I just started reading the LN and I wanted to ask someone who did finish it already: can I expect some good scenes of my liking ? ( both in the LN and in the anime if they do continue it for another season)

Make sure to make a 'SPOILER ALLERT' thingy to hide the answers (I am one of those who's fun is really not diminished if I know the ending/whats coming but I know lots of people are not like that ^^)
Klaybox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 13:24   Link #705
Divini
Senpai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaybox View Post
Hello everyone

I am new here but was looking for forums about this SAO after I watched last episode: really wanted to read other people's opinion about it and maybe have question answered.

Just to let you know where i'm coming from here: I am a big fan of animes but also a mmorpg addict (played various ones for pretty much a decade now ).I guess the theme of the serie really appealed to me, probably because of that.

I have to admit that although I really enjoyed various themes presents in the show, My preference definitely was for 'fight' scenes. (in most mmorpgs I played I wasn't exactly the 'RP player' or the 'Minigames / Auction-House player', put Simply I enjoy particularly PvE, PvP and combat/magic use etc).

Now I have to say that the first Arc of this serie was really enjoyable to watch for me: epic fights, duels, raids on bosses and countless scenes I really liked.
With this regard, the second Arc slightly disapointed me, with the exceptions of 3 episodes (the fight against Salamanders when Kirito turns into a beast / the fight with the Salamander's general / fight with the World's Tree guardians). I know there are a few other episodes with combat but to be honest nothing from them really comes back to mind except that it was disapointing.

I have to say that this really surprised me though, because I saw so much potential in ALO from that perspective: the different types of magic, awesome spells like beast transformation, illusions, mana shields, phase-shift blades...

Now I just started reading the LN and I wanted to ask someone who did finish it already: can I expect some good scenes of my liking ? ( both in the LN and in the anime if they do continue it for another season)

Make sure to make a 'SPOILER ALLERT' thingy to hide the answers (I am one of those who's fun is really not diminished if I know the ending/whats coming but I know lots of people are not like that ^^)
Spoiler for my opinion:
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 20:45   Link #706
noir senshi
Escapist Extraordinaire

On SAO's wikipedia page, it states that the Light Novel is still "ongoing", does this mean that the storyline is yet to finish and there is more content or is it just taking into account the the rewrite/additional content of the first arc?
noir senshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 20:49   Link #707
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

is all SAO players use new character for ALO or use SAO file like Kirito before?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 20:50   Link #708
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir senshi View Post
On SAO's wikipedia page, it states that the Light Novel is still "ongoing", does this mean that the storyline is yet to finish and there is more content or is it just taking into account the the rewrite/additional content of the first arc?
Yes, the story line is yet to finish, and there is more content, not counting the additional content being written for the Aincrad arc.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 20:51   Link #709
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir senshi View Post
Both, kind of. SAO originally began as a web novel, and so it ended quite a while ago. It's currently in the process of being released as a series of light novels. The light novels still have a good few volumes to go. The author is also currently writing SAO: Progressive, which is a rewrite of the Aincrad arc.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 20:54   Link #710
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
is all SAO players use new character for ALO or use SAO file like Kirito before?
Spoiler for LN Stuff:

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 23:23   Link #711
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

@draxdeveloper Kirito didn't get an avatar w/c looked similar to his SAO avatar. It was purely for the viewers convenience that his character art looked quite similar. For one he had really spiky hair (w/c he later on requested to be let down since Yui complained it was hard to sit on his head because of all the spikes).
Old 2012-12-23, 00:11   Link #712
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Spoiler for LN Stuff:
It sounds more perplexing. Is it(SAO character) Asuna's real face or the original avatar? The only similarity is hair braids.
It seems Kayaba makes sure players' avatar having real faces. So, they will not have heartbreak from online dating.
Images
original avatar
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 09:37   Link #713
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Spoiler for LN Stuff:
I'm not so sure he deleted his character. It looked more like he reset it.

Spoiler for Gun Gale Online:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
It sounds more perplexing. Is it(SAO character) Asuna's real face or the original avatar? The only similarity is hair braids.
It seems Kayaba makes sure players' avatar having real faces. So, they will not have heartbreak from online dating.
Images
original avatar
I was thinking they got used to using their real faces in SAO and that's why they used there real faces in ALO.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 22:14   Link #714
Trudinh

I just finish the anime, and it was good (i feel like it could have been better if they got rid of the harem element). and the part where the guy was molesting asuna, in my mind "KILL THAT BASTARD." overall it pretty good, is there going to be a season 2 for Gun Gale Online and Underworld?

so let me clear this up
the seed is a new mmo World. Kirito bought the old Aincrad from SAO to ALO so that he and everyone else can have a chance to beat it.

the seed is like a gaint world that contain other world in it, people can jump from one world to another, and other company can make new world to add onto it.

Am i correct?

did the people that die in SAO, return too or they die permanently and Kirito and Asuna is the only 2 that ever came back from the dead?
Trudinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 22:48   Link #715
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudinh View Post
I just finish the anime, and it was good (i feel like it could have been better if they got rid of the harem element). and the part where the guy was molesting asuna, in my mind "KILL THAT BASTARD." overall it pretty good, is there going to be a season 2 for Gun Gale Online and Underworld?
No news yet, but chances are it will, given its success and popularity.

Quote:
so let me clear this up
the seed is a new mmo World. Kirito bought the old Aincrad from SAO to ALO so that he and everyone else can have a chance to beat it.
More specifically its the creation kit software that Kayaba created and used to make SAO, rather than a whole new MMO world.

Quote:
the seed is like a gaint world that contain other world in it, people can jump from one world to another, and other company can make new world to add onto it.
No, the way I understand it it just allowed the games made with it to be compatible with one another as far as avatar porting goes.

Quote:
did the people that die in SAO, return too or they die permanently and Kirito and Asuna is the only 2 that ever came back from the dead?
People who died in Sword Art Online, except for Kirito and Asuna, all died in the real world. Their bodies would've been removed and buried/cremated/entombed/whatever. The only way to bring someone back was to use the one item Kirito acquired, but only within the 10 or so seconds of the death animation, as a way to cancel out the NerveGear's microwave function.
Old 2013-01-01, 12:36   Link #716
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Spoilers
Spoiler for Questions
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 15:42   Link #717
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
Spoilers
Spoiler for Questions
Spoiler for Answers:
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 20:53   Link #718
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
How likely is it that we'll have a continuation of the anime? I guess that mainly depends on the sales, but still, i'd love GGO to get an anime.
Not to mention the juicy sidearcs that got left out, Jötunheimr <3
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 21:17   Link #719
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
How likely is it that we'll have a continuation of the anime? I guess that mainly depends on the sales, but still, i'd love GGO to get an anime.
Not to mention the juicy sidearcs that got left out, Jötunheimr <3
More than likely, I'd say. SAO has been doing well in terms of sales, and I believe that the editor of Dengenki for SAO said that there won't be an another season until at least 2014.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 07:54   Link #720
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
Spoiler for Answers:
Spoilers
Spoiler for questions
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a