AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 22 24.72%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 33.71%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 28.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 10.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.25%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.12%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-31, 01:31   Link #61
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Umm.. I would say they're childhood friends as they met when L-Elf looks like he's in his early teens. If anything they rarely got to see each other as she's a Princess and he's just the guy she saved.
Remember his age in the present day is suppose to be 17. Ergo he's seven in the flashback.
Quote:
To me, it looked more he was jealous she was worried about L-Elf. He only got that look on his face after X-Eins told her Cain was keeping L-Elf's betrayal under wraps until they could confirm and she looked relieved.
It wouldn't be good news for Cain if word of the extent of L-Elf's betrayal got out. And now we have the destruction of almost an entire fleet. Too bad for her Cain couldn't give a crap one way or the other.
Old 2013-05-31, 01:43   Link #62
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
Interesting. Seems our two pilots aren't the only space vampires...

I guess getting 2 pilots next episode makes up for not getting one this episode. :P
We'll I wouldn't say that, I think Cain is more than likely a space vampire as well. So we did get one this episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Nothing to worry, Haruto has Valvrave-tan!
Cain said something about "the Light of Lune" when referring to the Valvrave. Who thinks VVV-tan's real name is Lune?
Which would make sense as the VVV symbol is one with a three-legged raven with a crescent moon.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-05-31, 01:52   Link #63
vuluc88

Raito-elf:
It's all within my calculation
Old 2013-05-31, 01:54   Link #64
Destined_Fate

I don't see him being jealous about L-Elf as he didn't seem to care at all for L-Elf in this operation for the episode. Though whether this has shaken his faith in Cain or convinced him that she's a threat remains to be seen as that look can be taken either way.

-

I see, so he was young. I still don't see him being a childhood friend of hers as she's a Princess and seems to be locked away. We also saw him in a flashback with A-Drei so he most likely was enlisted into a military academy as a part of the deal but kept away from the Princess who has no reason to be at said academy.
Old 2013-05-31, 02:07   Link #65
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Fantastic episode. Best Valvrave episode yet, imo.

Just the right mixture of "Rule of Cool" with believable plot progression and combat tactics.

This episode was marvelously dramatic and suspenseful, and I was impressed with how the full cast was balanced here. Lots of compelling arguments, lots of intense confrontations, lots of students wanting to do more to avenge a friend or protect the student-state.
Old 2013-05-31, 02:09   Link #66
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

This show keeps introducing completely new plot elements that utterly change our understanding of the situation every single week and it's wonderful.
Old 2013-05-31, 02:54   Link #67
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

I think the L-Elf and Licht is similar to Xingke and Tianzi from Code Geass.

A protector and liberator who probably wants his empress to see the outside world and return her kindness tenfold.
Old 2013-05-31, 03:16   Link #68
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
And Mr Eyepatch of the enemy is a vampire too, and he potentially holds one of the valverave? Wonder if he'll join the gang as one of the golden seven...
Note that he never talks about the people piloting the VVVs, but the VVVs themselves - he talks about them as if they were "people." With this revelation, he seems to belong to the same race that the VVVs were developed from (re: VVV-tan who we know is "in" VVV I in some way), which may or may not be the same as whatever Haruto/etc. are.

Watching the episode for the third time, it's still awesome. Haruto's proposal to L-11 line about coffee gets better each time. XD But my favorite is still Cain's last line.
Old 2013-05-31, 04:45   Link #69
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I guess he's not the first mechasexual, but still creepy.
Old 2013-05-31, 04:46   Link #70
dragon1412

My prediction have finally come true, with this episode, it's officially confirmed that Valvrave-tan is the main heroine, Yay!
Old 2013-05-31, 05:48   Link #71
zztop

Real-life shot of the Kremlin palace, Moscow, as seen in the ep intro:

So THAT'S how L-11 knows the princess. What she did for him was sweet (^__^).

Did anyone notice A-3's new glass eye? Not that it'll slow him down (yet).

And what's with the green shaking pendant in Col. Cain's birdcage?
Could it be alive? Theories are most welcome.

I wonder if L-11's gang was wiped out by Haruto's 666 attack...

Last edited by zztop; 2013-05-31 at 06:20.
Old 2013-05-31, 06:20   Link #72
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Kreim and the playboy remind me of Colonel Kati and Patrick Colassaur from 00. BTW, can someone explain where Haruto and Saki pulled those suits from?
With all the talk of coffee, you had to have Kreim...
Old 2013-05-31, 06:50   Link #73
zztop

Which subs give a more accurate translation? Cus:
1)One fansub (ggsubs?) translates Cain's statement 'Lune no Hikari' as 'light of the runes'.

2)Another fansub translates the same statement as 'the Light of Lune'.

I'm not sure which fansub is more accurate in relation to this. Please advise.
Old 2013-05-31, 07:00   Link #74
ookamigirl

Some history about L-Elf.
Seems like his childhood was a tough one.
Haruto has a hard task ahead.
Dorssians aren't about to quit.
It was amazing watching Haruto fight.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2013-05-31, 07:05   Link #75
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Which subs give a more accurate translation? Cus:
1)One fansub (ggsubs?) translates Cain's statement 'Lune no Hikari' as 'light of the runes'.

2)Another fansub translates the same statement as 'the Light of Lune'.

I'm not sure which fansub is more accurate in relation to this. Please advise.
To repeat:
I heard it as "'ruun' no hikari," if it's supposed to be an existing word then I think it's "rune" (as we've seen in eps 1-2, runes are involved in some way).

But as for accuracy, I think you'd better wait for the official subs. If the translator is working from the official script there's less chance for guesswork or mishearing words (or deliberately mistranslating things for the lulz).
Old 2013-05-31, 07:10   Link #76
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
And what's with the green shaking pendant in Col. Cain's birdcage?
Could it be alive? Theories are most welcome.
I hope it's not a Grief Seed... I hope!
Old 2013-05-31, 07:35   Link #77
galdr

I hope we get clearer version of L-Elf and Dorssia backstory later. Kinda dissapointed Licht only get few minutes of screentime.

So is that VVV head in the end VVV2? Or just scrapped VVV?

Cain's green thing reminds me of Soul Gem. This episode confirm he is more than just a Dorssian commander though ED 2 kinda already make that obvious with him appearing together with VVV-tan.

I am hyped for next episode. Looks like we may get double VVV debut!
Old 2013-05-31, 07:42   Link #78
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
To repeat:
I heard it as "'ruun' no hikari," if it's supposed to be an existing word then I think it's "rune" (as we've seen in eps 1-2, runes are involved in some way).

But as for accuracy, I think you'd better wait for the official subs. If the translator is working from the official script there's less chance for guesswork or mishearing words (or deliberately mistranslating things for the lulz).
Got it, kuromitsu!

Something tells me Col. Cain's playing everyone else for fools, just so he can get back (his) Valvrave...
Old 2013-05-31, 07:48   Link #79
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
I see, so he was young. I still don't see him being a childhood friend of hers as she's a Princess and seems to be locked away. We also saw him in a flashback with A-Drei so he most likely was enlisted into a military academy as a part of the deal but kept away from the Princess who has no reason to be at said academy.
Childhood friends have been made on much shakier grounds than saving the captor's life, even though the captor was completely harmless.

(I still lol @ how easy Liz broke free from L-Elf's grasp. From his wimpy younger self that can't even properly hold hostage a female child, to being literally a one man army, he has gone a long way. But I digress...)

For example, this cour's RDG has the main characters as childhood friends (official site claims them as such), when the guy only ever visited her once as children and all he did was be a big bully. On the other hand, I quite like the sound of sharing half of one's life with another... taken another way, it could actually mean they are practically married. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2013-05-31, 08:21   Link #80
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
(I still lol @ how easy Liz broke free from L-Elf's grasp. From his wimpy younger self that can't even properly hold hostage a female child, to being literally a one man army, he has gone a long way. But I digress...)
We don't know what his condition was. He was no doubt suffering from the cold. Shackles on his feet don't point at a comfortable captivity before that either, so it's possible he was also malnourished or sleep deprived.
Closed Thread