Old 2006-02-24, 14:25   Link #1
PaPe
The chibi mistress

[GSD] Special Edition OVAs Confirmed

I've found this on Gunota:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunota Headlines
Destiny Special Editions, SEED OVA confirmed UPDATED
Bandai Visual's site put up a listing for Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny Special Edition: The Broken World, which goes on sale May 26th.

And returning once again to the rumor mill, a post on 2ch contained what appears to be a copy & paste of a sales solicitation for the Destiny Special Edition stating that the Destiny SE's will be 4-parts rather than the traditional 3 for Gundam compilations. Also mentioned is that the Special Edition will be broadcast on TV sometime this Spring. But the bigger potential news is the following detail: "The SEED boom heats up! OVA 'Mobile Suit Gundam SEED C.E. 73 Stargazer (tentative title)' currently being planned!"

Edit: The listing for the SE at Aishin Mail Order's Rakuten site confirms all the above information.
So there will be the SE and maybe Fukuda will be able to change something in the story like he did in the Final Plus, or finally give some insight, especially if it will be really 4 parts instead of the usual 3.

Sorry to post it in a new thread, but I didn't want to put it into some others fake rumors thread.

Ah! Here the link:
http://aeug.blogspot.com/

EDIT: In order to not create more confusion

Last edited by PaPe; 2006-02-24 at 18:22.
PaPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-24, 14:52   Link #2
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega

This is good news. Especially that it'll be 4 parts instead of 3 (even though the 4 vs 3 thing is still considered a rumor). As much as retconning usually bugs me, after seeing the IMO decent changes made with Final Plus, Fukuda and Co. could really do a number on Destiny and maybe for the better.

Just as long as they don't change anyone's death. I don't want another "Masked Man who was actually [Jona, Rey, Gilbert, Djibril, Sting, Auel, Todoka]" The deaths are fine as is.

EDIT: Ah, hand't seen that Gunota updated that article to include confirmation of the SEED OVA and Destiny SE's. Interesting...
OmegaZEROCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-24, 15:05   Link #3
boredandsleepy

Here is the link to the sale of Gundam Seed Destiny Special Edition to be releaesd on 5/26/2006. It does not say what version of special edition. I'll keep my eyes on the next announcement.

http://product.bandaivisual.co.jp/we...m_no=BCBA-2515

another link:

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/ais-tuhan/bcba-2515/

This one does say television broadcast for special edition around this spring.

★今春頃、テレビ放送予定
★MBS・TBS系にて、2004年10月~2005年9月まで放送されたテレビシリーズに新作カットを加 え、全編新アフ レコ、ビスタサイズで特別編4部作として再構成!
★「SEED」ブーム加熱!OVA「機動戦士ガンダムSEED C.E.73 STARGAZER(仮)」 企画進行中!

Enjoy

Last edited by boredandsleepy; 2006-02-24 at 16:04.
boredandsleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-24, 16:03   Link #4
[DarkazurESky]

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaZEROCustom
This is good news. Especially that it'll be 4 parts instead of 3 (even though the 4 vs 3 thing is still considered a rumor). As much as retconning usually bugs me, after seeing the IMO decent changes made with Final Plus, Fukuda and Co. could really do a number on Destiny and maybe for the better.

Just as long as they don't change anyone's death. I don't want another "Masked Man who was actually [Jona, Rey, Gilbert, Djibril, Sting, Auel, Todoka]" The deaths are fine as is.

EDIT: Ah, hand't seen that Gunota updated that article to include confirmation of the SEED OVA and Destiny SE's. Interesting...
it is a good news. I agree, I dont wanna see Steller reaching surface of water and rescued by ppl. Also, dont want to see Auel coming back since we didn't see Abyss actually being blown up. Rey and others who died please stay dead. Ever since Mwu came back, I dont want any revival.
[DarkazurESky] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-24, 17:04   Link #5
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Heh... chinese forums are always gold mines for information before Gunota... XD
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-24, 17:34   Link #6
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I don't mind if Stellar is revived. I'll keep my hopes up!
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-24, 17:45   Link #7
PaPe
The chibi mistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DarkazurESky
]
it is a good news. I agree, I dont wanna see Steller reaching surface of water and rescued by ppl. Also, dont want to see Auel coming back since we didn't see Abyss actually being blown up. Rey and others who died please stay dead. Ever since Mwu came back, I dont want any revival.
I know it's better never say never. However given that there was no way for them to exlpain how the hell Mwu survived (an image of the Mwu on a barrel isn't an expalnation, not even an half assed one), I doubt they would go that way again. Who would want to see Sting alive again?

As for Stellar resurfacing the lake, well, corpses do float because of the gases so maybe we will have an Horror Gundam . This is the only way I would like to see her again. I'm fed up with her useless dead talk.

As for the SE I hope in a little insight on Talia behaviour and an explicit explanation on Gilbert involvement in the Gundamjack, Junius 7 drop and Lacus killing attempt. IMO his involvement in Lacus killing attempt and in the Gundamjack was pretty implicit. However his place in the Drop was understandable because of his plans, but handled so terribly that we needed Astray to be able to see it. I'm really tired to wait for official confirmations on something that should have been explained on screen without much fuss.

EDIT: in order to not create confusion.

Last edited by PaPe; 2006-02-24 at 18:21.
Old 2006-02-24, 17:47   Link #8
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2
I don't mind if Stellar is revived. I'll keep my hopes up!
It probably wouldn't affect much if she was........her death had virtually zero impact on the show anyway.

Quote:
So there will be OAVs and maybe Fukuda will be able to change something in the story like he did in the Final Plus, or finally give some insight, especially if it will be really 4 OVAs instead of the usual 3.
I'll be amazed if they do..........the SEED movie editions did a pretty poor job except making SEED prettier which was at least good for the final fight.........but virtually rendered half the cast worthless and made Nichol's death (which had a actual real importance) flash by faster than I could say his name.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-24, 17:59   Link #9
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

If I interpreted the post on Gunota as that there will be a S.E. (4 parts instead of 3) and an OVA, have I read the thing correctly then?

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!

Last edited by Last_Hope; 2006-02-24 at 18:11.
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-24, 18:00   Link #10
XYKE
Super-Middle weight!

YESSSSSS the news I was waiting for so long
XYKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-24, 18:16   Link #11
[DarkazurESky]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope
If I interpreted the post on Gunota as that there will be a S.E. (4 parts instead of 3) and an OVA, have I read the thing correctly then?
u are correct. there will be 4 s.e.'s and an ova.
Old 2006-02-24, 18:16   Link #12
PaPe
The chibi mistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety
I'll be amazed if they do..........the SEED movie editions did a pretty poor job except making SEED prettier which was at least good for the final fight.........but virtually rendered half the cast worthless and made Nichol's death (which had a actual real importance) flash by faster than I could say his name.
On premise I didn't like SEED SE at all. This mostly because of the slowing down of the voice acting, it was very uninspired. Moreover the added scenes were totally useless.

However since Fukuda himself said that Destiny didn't turned out as he planned or as good as he hoped, maybe we can have some improvements. Nothing major, but maybe some refining on the details.

Sorry I did create confusion talking about the SE as OVAs. I too understood from the article that there would be the SE and an OVA. Hopefully the OVA will be directed by someone else and have a story on its own, in order to expand the C.E. universe.

Last edited by PaPe; 2006-02-24 at 18:29.
Old 2006-02-24, 18:17   Link #13
KuwabaraTheMan
The True Protagonist

Send a message via AIM to KuwabaraTheMan
4 Special Editions should be good, and allow the story to not be as rushed as SEED SE was.

The OVA should be interesting as well. Will it focus on side characters? New characters? Given that its CE 73 it can't be after the series ended, since the epilogue takes place in CE 74...
KuwabaraTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-24, 18:19   Link #14
[DarkazurESky]

Quote:
As for Stellar resurfacing the lake, well, corpses do float because of the gases so maybe we will have an Horror Gundam . This is the only way I would like to see her again. I'm fed up with her useless dead talk.
yay that would be fun. steller revenging her near death to kira.
Old 2006-02-24, 18:26   Link #15
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Hmm, now that I know there are 4 SEs planned, maybe this will be better than I thought. But unless surpeme changes are made, it'l still be mediocre at best. Like Kira god-pwning everything and the anti-Freedom plot device of 34, and other such stuff. I just can't see Fukuda changing that, but I will be very pleased if he does.
Old 2006-02-24, 18:59   Link #16
PaPe
The chibi mistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DarkazurESky]
yay that would be fun. steller revenging her near death to kira.
I'm more for zombie Stellar conquering the world zombiezing (?) people, but to each his own.

Also my hopes for the SE aren't high, I just expect them to fill some plotholes in, so that the story can make sense without relying on external sources.

Last edited by PaPe; 2006-02-24 at 20:27.
Old 2006-02-24, 21:25   Link #17
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPe
Also my hopes for the SE aren't high, I just expect them to fill some plotholes in, so that the story can make sense without relying on external sources.
Actually I expect the opposite.......because thats exactly what the SEED SE did........some things tied to Destiny others didn't......

Quote:
Sorry I did create confusion talking about the SE as OVAs. I too understood from the article that there would be the SE and an OVA. Hopefully the OVA will be directed by someone else and have a story on its own, in order to expand the C.E. universe.
I got a better solution......lets just animate Astray.......
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-24, 22:41   Link #18
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

I just hope they have more brand new never before scene footage, in the 4 se, and make the movies look like a movie with a plot.

The ova is not a sequel to destiny right?
Mr.Hawq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-24, 22:43   Link #19
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I give them credit for wanting to (and seemingly going outta there way) to try and clean-up the mistakes they made in this series (That proves without a shadow of a doubt that everyone involved understands what we all here know)...but I have a feeling i'm gonna have to supress so much of what i've already seen to have a positive reaction to all of this...

If they somehow reveal that Sting had many clones and all of them were operating the other DESTROYs for some strange reason i think I'd be content with that...Furthermore, (oddly enuff) i don't want any specific information damning Dullindal...I just don't think it would be right to come up with a SE and NOW have all these scenes of Dully being Dr. Doom...It would sorely damage his character IMO...The ASTRAY information on him is enuff for me...

Also wasn't the OVA series supposed to be "Apacolypse 0079" or something UC-ish...Any news on that? Is the UC-ish like series that was rumored to come been just thrown away?

Quote:
Here is the link to the sale of Gundam Seed Destiny Special Edition to be releaesd on 5/26/2006
That's my Birthday...whew, that may be an omen ...
Old 2006-02-24, 22:44   Link #20
KuwabaraTheMan
The True Protagonist

Send a message via AIM to KuwabaraTheMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness

Also wasn't the OVA series supposed to be "Apacolypse 0079" or something UC-ish...Any news on that? Is the UC-ish like series that was rumored to come been just thrown away?
Apocalypse 0079 is the title for the second half of MS Igloo. That's still coming out, I think on 4/26 is when its supposed to. This is something completely different.
KuwabaraTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote