AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-03-08, 14:23   Link #61
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegastar
I DISlike the 'new' gundam. It screams Akatsuki all the way to the elbows, legsm and torso, even though it's supposed to be a new Strike. They could have been a little more creative and keep all the gray frames that the original Strike had but with a new look, IMO
Probably because both the Akatsuki also used Strike as its basis. The Strike was basically the mother for all Earth Faction suits. Orb also had their hands on Strike several times as well so its no doubt they would've used it for other purposes.

The E at the end of 105 is another thing to look at as well. It's more of a "varient" of the same model.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 14:24   Link #62
KuwabaraTheMan
The True Protagonist

Send a message via AIM to KuwabaraTheMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety

*stabs Athrun and Meyrin in Gouf*
Athrun had just betrayed the Minerva and ZAFT, in case you forgot.

Also, in case you forgot, Shinn didn't want to fight Athrun, and was listening to what he had to say, until Rey intervened.

Quote:
*blows Lunamaria and Impulse to hell*
Uh, no. Rewatch Final Plus. Lunamaria got in Shinn's direct path once he was already moving. Its not like there's a magic 'instant stop' button.

And Shinn started freaking out when she did that, because he remembered Stellar and Mayu's deaths. That was Lunamaria's fault, not Shinn's.
Quote:
*Left Minerva fighting by itself*
When? At the end of the series? He was fighting against Athrun, an enemy.

Kira and Athrun(and Mu) did the same thing at the end of SEED, leaving behind the Archangel and the Eternal to pursue Rau/Patrick, with no one but Dearka to defend the Three Ships.
KuwabaraTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 14:57   Link #63
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirtual
Just a question since I do not know the manga. Can naturals use gundams? I mean in the series only those druggies and then Mwu/Rau/Rey (the genetic guineapigs) could use them.
Or did I misunderstand that part?
You don't even need to go to the manga, just look at Cagalli.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 14:58   Link #64
artquest7@

Quote:
I DISlike the 'new' gundam. It screams Akatsuki all the way to the elbows, legsm and torso, even though it's supposed to be a new Strike. They could have been a little more creative and keep all the gray frames that the original Strike had but with a new look, IMO
They did keep the gray frames... the reason it looks so much like akatsuki is because akatsuki looks so much like strike. This new gundam has "wings" which something that strike was missing (without the aile pack anywayz) which adds to the akatsuki look.
artquest7@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 14:59   Link #65
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

this can be good if it follows theese rules
1. no lacus clyne(she killed c.e.)
2. don't touch the events of seed or destiny.
3. don't ripoff past gundam series.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 16:32   Link #66
Huhtis
Keron will rise!

I think its great that they didnt do any fancy new shizznizzle gundam but upgraded proven to be good design of Strike
Huhtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 16:44   Link #67
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huhtis
I think its great that they didnt do any fancy new shizznizzle gundam but upgraded proven to be good design of Strike
Where´s is your avatar taken from?

I personally (if we get a 3rd season) wants to see Athrun and Kira fight in upgraded version of Strike and AEGIS. Aaah~ I miss those two Gundams, maybe I should rewatch SEED again.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 17:10   Link #68
Huhtis
Keron will rise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope
I personally (if we get a 3rd season) wants to see Athrun and Kira fight in upgraded version of Strike and AEGIS. Aaah~ I miss those two Gundams, maybe I should rewatch SEED again.
GM-Strike and Beta-Aegis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope
Where´s is your avatar taken from?
Its from beginning of 2nd episode of GSD, photoshopped it a lil bit (to see what can be done for Gifs with Imageready)
Huhtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 17:39   Link #69
_X12A_Testament

I love the Strike Noir design!

Kind of reminds me of a fanmade gundam idea I had with a combination flight/rifle pack. Strike noir also has two mini beam weapons on each wing that look like they can rotate, wow!

If only they introduced an Aegis Blanc, which was a proto-type for the Regenerate gundam. It could have many of the Regenerate upgrades.
_X12A_Testament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 17:52   Link #70
Strike Mk.II

Quote:
To me, even Akatsuki looks like a heavily customised Strike, take in to account that Strike was built by Morgenrate and that every other Main Mass Mobile suit on both EA and Orb are based on Strike as well. Strike is like the Granddaddy of all CE mobile suits

Anyhows the Strike Noir "back pack" somehow reminds me of Freedom's "wings". Especially if you look carefully you can see 2 Plasma Cannons housed on the "inner edge" of its "Backpack". You can see 2 beam sabres sticking out of the backpack.
I think on the hips you can see what looks like 2 small rifles
There's no doubt that it packs some firepower.
Strike Mk.II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 18:04   Link #71
Demon-Hunter

Without even watching the series itself i can tell you that this OVA > Destiny bec ause:

- No Lacus Clyne (i agree with the guy above, her character is inconcievable)
- No Lacus' labdog in godmode (kira)
- No Fukuda as director
- No Mrs Fukuda as script writer.
- No overpowered Suits *cough* .//Hackatsuki *caugh*

What more can you possible ask?

PS: To demongod and any other Kira/lacus fanboys: Essteefu (stfu)
Demon-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 18:10   Link #72
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

shooot, akatsuki only seemed overpowered since it never fought anything decent lol.
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 20:24   Link #73
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike Mk.II
To me, even Akatsuki looks like a heavily customised Strike, take in to account that Strike was built by Morgenrate and that every other Main Mass Mobile suit on both EA and Orb are based on Strike as well. Strike is like the Granddaddy of all CE mobile suits
Well the M1 Astrays and Murasames are probably more heavily linked to the original Astray Gundams.

But of course Strike had its part in their development.

Quote:
Anyhows the Strike Noir "back pack" somehow reminds me of Freedom's "wings". Especially if you look carefully you can see 2 Plasma Cannons housed on the "inner edge" of its "Backpack". You can see 2 beam sabres sticking out of the backpack.
I think on the hips you can see what looks like 2 small rifles
There's no doubt that it packs some firepower.
More like 2 pistols, duel-wielding probably.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 20:47   Link #74
Strike Mk.II

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
Well the M1 Astrays and Murasames are probably more heavily linked to the original Astray Gundams.

But of course Strike had its part in their development.

More like 2 pistols, duel-wielding probably.
Im wondering now if its gonna come with a prototype beam sheild
Some people might wonder "what was this guy possibly doing when the rest of Phantom Pain was trying to take out Minerva?". Although thats proberly the point of the OVA
Strike Mk.II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 21:13   Link #75
[DarkazurESky]

Strike was a leader type amongst first gen of Gundams for offense, I believed. And Aegis was a leader type in strategy for defense. Thus, I believe Morgengrate based Astrays off Strike because it is their best. Not only that Kira gave all the datas from original Strike, Erika Simmons also remade Strike for Mwu, and also made Strike Rouge; thus Mongengrate sure knows Strike inside and out. Akasuki was based off Strike because Strike's data is the best they got. Freedom and Strike Freedom never bothered me since Kira is still not dead. But Strike Noir, give me a break the name is good and look is cool but what is next? Strike Jaune (yellow), Strike Blanc (white), and Strike Argent (silver)?
[DarkazurESky] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 22:32   Link #76
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DarkazurESky]
But Strike Noir, give me a break the name is good and look is cool but what is next? Strike Jaune (yellow), Strike Blanc (white), and Strike Argent (silver)?
lol... A Strike Sentai squad? That would be pretty funny, and disturbing at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-Hunter
- No overpowered Suits *cough* .//Hackatsuki *caugh*
Don't know about that... The 'Stargazer' sounds like it could be another one of those overpowering suits... Though we'll need to wait and see.
Old 2006-03-08, 22:39   Link #77
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

strike vert as SEED's 08th MS knockoff ftw
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 22:57   Link #78
4Tran

I, for one, am very disappointed. It looks like we won't have Murrue Ramius as the pilot of Strike Noir, and Natarle Badgiruel as her copilot. Hopefully, we will at least have Kajiura Yuki doing the music.

Last edited by 4Tran; 2006-03-09 at 02:44.
4Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 00:28   Link #79
Commander 598
Zeonic

Send a message via AIM to Commander 598
Maybe Stargazer is a UC style mobile armor?
Commander 598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 02:00   Link #80
Lonely

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran
I, for one, am very disappointed. It looks like we won't have Murrue Ramius as the pilot of Strike Noir, and Natarle Badgiruel as her copilot. Hopefully, we will at least have Kajiura Yuk doing the music.
it would be kind of hard considering how natarle is dead!!!
Lonely is offline   Reply With Quote