Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
how many ending are there in GSD?

GSd ep 50
GSD ep final plus
???? anymore????
Final Plus is probably what Fukuda wanted it to be, or something similar, but due to a lot of troubles with the project SEED Destiny the original ep.50 was all we got. So I donīt think Fukuda will hate you if you scrap it. Maybe his wife will though.

But to answer your question.

SEED Destiny ep 50
SEED Destiny Final Plus
SEED Destiny SE IV

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-11, 21:30   Link #23
iamthelordyourgod

uggggggh!!!!!!
im in the philippines!!!!
we have no final plus here!!!!
iamthelordyourgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-11, 23:24   Link #24
Ohnuki

Don't worry about not having final plus, it's actually worse than the series ending. The only major changes are:

1) Athrun gets added to the scene where the station blows up
2) They attempt to give Shinn an ending(aka his actions in the first 49.5 episodes weren't really him, after being crushed he realizes he's been wrong o_- )

Haven't seen SE IV, not really interested, however I *AM* interested in seeing what happens with all these left over characters in the GS movie.
Ohnuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-12, 02:55   Link #25
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

1) True.
2) Well it WAS the first time he truly got his ass handed to him...and he damn well had it coming the whole series, because no main character ever gets off without having their suit completely wrecked.
Old 2006-12-12, 09:45   Link #26
shaolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
1) True.
2) Well it WAS the first time he truly got his ass handed to him...and he damn well had it coming the whole series, because no main character ever gets off without having their suit completely wrecked.
That goes for Seed and Destiny's main characters alike.
shaolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-12, 13:20   Link #27
KuwabaraTheMan
The True Protagonist

Send a message via AIM to KuwabaraTheMan
Final Plus is better because it at least gives resolution with the epilogue. Although it still has the main problems Phase 50 had.

Special Edition 4 looks like it will be another improvement, which is a positive thing.
KuwabaraTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-12, 13:26   Link #28
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike Mk.II View Post
Y'know I have to admit I lol'd when I saw I-Justice disable minerva like it did, I know it was lame and like out of the blue, but the way it was executed just looked really funny. It seemed really out of proportion, was I-Justice's sublifter (Backpack) really that huge or was Minerva really that small?
Its not like the Archangel doing a barrel roll and pointing its cannons downward just in the nick of time to destroy the bow and the forward guns of the Minerva was any better. It was so unrealistic it made throw up in my mouth a little
Old 2006-12-12, 14:16   Link #29
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Its not like the Archangel doing a barrel roll and pointing its cannons downward just in the nick of time to destroy the bow and the forward guns of the Minerva was any better. It was so unrealistic it made throw up in my mouth a little
If you want realism you should have known better than to watch a Gundam anime.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-12, 14:24   Link #30
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike Mk.II View Post
Y'know I have to admit I lol'd when I saw I-Justice disable minerva like it did, I know it was lame and like out of the blue, but the way it was executed just looked really funny. It seemed really out of proportion, was I-Justice's sublifter (Backpack) really that huge or was Minerva really that small?
You know, in GS Blitz alone almost destroyed Archangel in space once it got in to the point-blank range. On Earth Aegis blew up some of Archangels canons and shot it out of the sky and made it crash-land on that island.

Now, considering that IJ is about gazillion times more powerful than Blitz and Aegis, and that Athrun managed to disable Archangel in Aegis, i fail to see why he shouldn't be able to do it with IJ.

The size of that sublifter really does not matter once it crushes trough the engines.
Old 2006-12-12, 18:10   Link #31
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope View Post
If you want realism you should have known better than to watch a Gundam anime.
Point taken but come on that scene was bad
Old 2006-12-12, 18:37   Link #32
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolo View Post
That goes for Seed and Destiny's main characters alike.
Of course.
Old 2006-12-13, 02:33   Link #33
straightjacket
Heroic Spirit

The general formula for GS and GSD was to reinvent 0079 and Zeta for another generation.

Unfortunately, Fukuda totally reeks at directing a series.
straightjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 03:01   Link #34
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

^

I think that's too generalizing. It's more like a slight return to the generic Gundam roots (( for SEED at least )) mixed with the flair that the current generation of anime fans like... like hawt bishies exposing their chest. SEED at least is touted a 21st century reintroduction to Gundam. I mean...if they really wanted to, they could've always remake 0079 and Zeta, seemingly as how mecha remakes seems to be the 'in' thing these past year.

...... Do you even watched ANY OTHER Fukuda-directed series other than his Gundam stuff? I wouldn't as far to say he's done anime masterpieces, but his pre-C.E works are pretty good imo.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 03:09   Link #35
straightjacket
Heroic Spirit

You're right. I'm generalizing. But I'm not wrong, either.

And no, I haven't seen anything of Fukuda's other than his Gundam work. Based on GSD's decay, I'm not sure I want to, but I'll be open-minded. Care to recommend anything?
Old 2006-12-13, 03:24   Link #36
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Well, you aren't exactly wrong either, I'll give you that. I do wish SE IV's ending could cut back a little of the Getbackers-ism it had though.

GEAR Dendoh and his GPX Cyber Formula sagas.

GEAR Dendoh is a decent Super Robot series. It is good, isn't all that great but it's a pretty amusing series much more so especially if one had seen SEED, GSD, Mai-Hime and Otome.

I think his works on Cyber Formula are pretty much what he had going for him that even makes him a legitimate choice to direct SEED. Most of it are definitely better than GSD, that's for sure.

If there's one thing I don't like about Fukuda, it's that he chooses wrong aspects of production to be his unofficial directing trademark. Yes, Morosawa and recycled animation-kun, I'm looking at both of you. Kinda like how his student, Mazakazu Kohara's trademark is homaging EVERYTHING Fukuda had directed in the past...which was why the whole Otome/Hime/Dendoh/Cyber Formula chart appeared.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.

Last edited by Nightengale; 2006-12-13 at 03:39.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 13:55   Link #37
straightjacket
Heroic Spirit

As far as mecha-based anime is concerned, I usually stick with Gundam and Evangelion, although I like Eureka 7 a bit, as well.

I've seen bits of both Mai-HIME and Mai-Otome, but I didn't know that Fukuda directed those. So I'll admit that he's not all bad.

As far as Gundam SEED, it started slow and ended well, IMO, so GS is one of my favorite Gundam series. I generally feel that GSD took all the momentum generated by GS and squandered it by trying to go in too many directions at once. Recycled animations, varying levels of animation quality, and repetitive clip shows did not help.

Could you explain this chart? However, please PM me about it, since we're getting somewhat off-topic.
Old 2006-12-14, 09:00   Link #38
iamthelordyourgod

the world has ended......................................
i have no more to say....................................
may God give you a happy future.......................................

but still im still pissed that my questions weren't answered the way i tought it would be...................................
iamthelordyourgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 19:34   Link #39
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthelordyourgod View Post
but still im still pissed that my questions weren't answered the way i tought it would be...................................
Just watch GSD Final Plus and GSD SE IV when you get the chance. They'd most likely give you more than the original ending did.

(Now whether you'd like the additions is up to you, but that's not really the topic of this thread. Right?)
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 20:35   Link #40
Gundam Zero Force

Dang I really want to read all this but . . . I have not seen one episode of Seed or Seed Destiny . .

but I will . . . I am getting the DVD's for myself for Christmas . . . . . I beleive I will enjoy it even if the ending of Destiny is not so good (I like action) . . . like I said I cannot read anything or it will ruin it for me . . . .but uh . . any advice/help on if I should get destiny now or not would be nice

soon, I will be able to have my opinion in all these Seed topics . . . .
Gundam Zero Force is offline   Reply With Quote