AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-04, 10:09   Link #321
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
lol...I loved her voice! But I found her pet Tsukiyumi the annoying one.
Old 2007-07-04, 10:19   Link #322
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
lol...I loved her voice! But I found her pet Tsukiyumi the annoying one.
Though it my favorite CHILD (i mean the werewolf form, not when he's that all cutty puppy thing.) in the all Mai-HIME universe (manga/anime/game), it's true that the sound Tsukiyomi's making can be quite irritating. Even more, it's strange that such "animal" make that type of tiny scream...
Old 2007-07-04, 11:10   Link #323
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Her child looks good in pet form but sounds horrible in it, and the other way around. My favourite child is still Duran and the anime version of Diana...

The problem of the sound is not that it's tiny, but it's acted out horribly---it's very obvious that it's made by a human...
Old 2007-07-04, 11:15   Link #324
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Her child looks good in pet form but sounds horrible in it, and the other way around. My favourite child is still Duran and the anime version of Diana...

The problem of the sound is not that it's tiny, but it's acted out horribly---it's very obvious that it's made by a human...
Well, they do some casting to find a CHILD who will be good enough in acting to sub another CHILD. As they find nobody, they ask a human to do so.
Old 2007-07-04, 13:24   Link #325
solarknight123

Who knows, maybe they might give the option to chance the game settings from english dub to japanese with english subbs. Just hoping
Old 2007-07-04, 17:07   Link #326
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

I'd rather Tsukiyumi remain quiet
Old 2007-07-04, 17:13   Link #327
solarknight123

Say what's the battle system like anyway?
Old 2007-07-05, 05:38   Link #328
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Just pick a choice and it'll roll. And apart from the Natsuki final battle, the battles are all just for decoration--even if you loose you'll still come out winning.
Old 2007-07-05, 09:41   Link #329
solarknight123

Oh, i see. So its a attack/defend/sp. attack choice kind of battle right.
Old 2007-07-05, 09:46   Link #330
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Not even like that. The choices depends on each scene--and the amounts also varies. You can have as much as 5 different choices or even 1 choice. They are things like 'I should dodge to the left/right' or 'Be cautious.' or 'Don't think' Note that some choices are timed that you have to pick one quick or you'll be automatically brought to the hidden choice: do nothing.
Old 2007-07-05, 16:32   Link #331
solarknight123

oh i get it now, so basically its a simple right?
Old 2007-07-06, 05:46   Link #332
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

More like very simple... Where else can you find a fight that makes you win even if you try to loose?
Old 2007-07-06, 05:53   Link #333
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
More like very simple... Where else can you find a fight that makes you win even if you try to loose?
In a huge number of anime where the hero always finds some uber power in extremis
Old 2007-07-06, 08:04   Link #334
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Uber luck, in this case...In one of the HiME vs Alyssa fight you already have her firing her ultimate attack at you and even if you purposely loose you still come out winning...somehow...
Old 2007-07-06, 11:21   Link #335
solarknight123

Quote:
Uber luck, in this case...In one of the HiME vs Alyssa fight you already have her firing her ultimate attack at you and even if you purposely loose you still come out winning...somehow...
Wow, looks like its tough to lose So when you fight alyssa and raito, do the songs "fortuna" and "last moment" play in the background?
Old 2008-05-04, 21:48   Link #336
tenou123

This is completely unnecessary since the more self-assured and perceptive of us think the same way buuuut here goes....*breathes in*

I dislike Takamura. Supremely. He's obviously an attraction for fanslugs who will inevitably project themselves onto him to make fantasies since they obviously aren't good enough people to do so themselves. Additionally, he OoC's the heck out of everyone like a bad fanfic (no I'm serious, this kind of character design belongs in something written by an insecure teeny bopper). The very idea is childishly condescending, supremely so, and I find that abrasive at best. Natsuki gets -sickeningly- weak around him; at least she was relatively normal with Tate in the manga (though I disliked that one too, but more because it turned out far too much like every other cliche harem anime out there). Mai turns into some shallow simpering schoolgirl as well. Shizuru I have no clear idea on, but I'm not liking what I'm hearing so far; and as Shizuru is my favorite character, I'll fly into a rage if I find that they've even paired her up with Takamura. Character corruption and by the producers themselves? if that isn't counted as whoring oneself out in the name of commercialization, I don't know what is.

*sighs a breath cloud out* wow that was cathartic. I know this isn't the best way to start out my forum-life here, but reading along this thread set me to wondering what manner of insufficient market research led to such a shallow marketing decision. I've always wanted to believe that nobody, at least nobody here, was shallow enough to enjoy this as was. I was proven right too. You guys value character cohesiveness, something I find incredibly respectable. Wish others would do the same...
Old 2008-05-05, 13:36   Link #337
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenou123 View Post
This is completely unnecessary since the more self-assured and perceptive of us think the same way buuuut here goes....*breathes in*

I dislike Takamura. Supremely. He's obviously an attraction for fanslugs who will inevitably project themselves onto him to make fantasies since they obviously aren't good enough people to do so themselves. Additionally, he OoC's the heck out of everyone like a bad fanfic (no I'm serious, this kind of character design belongs in something written by an insecure teeny bopper). The very idea is childishly condescending, supremely so, and I find that abrasive at best. Natsuki gets -sickeningly- weak around him; at least she was relatively normal with Tate in the manga (though I disliked that one too, but more because it turned out far too much like every other cliche harem anime out there). Mai turns into some shallow simpering schoolgirl as well. Shizuru I have no clear idea on, but I'm not liking what I'm hearing so far; and as Shizuru is my favorite character, I'll fly into a rage if I find that they've even paired her up with Takamura. Character corruption and by the producers themselves? if that isn't counted as whoring oneself out in the name of commercialization, I don't know what is.

*sighs a breath cloud out* wow that was cathartic. I know this isn't the best way to start out my forum-life here, but reading along this thread set me to wondering what manner of insufficient market research led to such a shallow marketing decision. I've always wanted to believe that nobody, at least nobody here, was shallow enough to enjoy this as was. I was proven right too. You guys value character cohesiveness, something I find incredibly respectable. Wish others would do the same...
Well i have to agree with you. The one thing that kinda turned me off about this game is the whole "turning mai-hime into a harlem game" kind of thing. I'm really not enjoying all the girls going gogo-gaga over one guy, esp. natsuki. What i've heard about shizuru is that in one of the scenarios
Spoiler for in the game:
. Other wise, i'm still intrested in the dark tone this game has. BTW welcome to the fourms and thanks for resurrecting this topic
Old 2008-05-11, 02:15   Link #338
MidoriHiME

So I've read most of the thread, and about Sakuya, but I'm still have some questions. What exactly is her personality like? How does she interact with Mai and the others? And then I read somewhere else that she has a little sister - someone want to tell me about her? I guess what I'm getting at is that since I don't speak Japanese and it's highly doubtful that this game will ever get translated, I'm really curious about everything about the only game-only character - I'd like to know <i>everything</i> about her. Any help would be awesome!
Old 2008-05-31, 18:04   Link #339
Nadine Phoenix
PhoenixBlaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenou123 View Post

I don't see what the problem is with Kyoji. I think he's cute.
And the game's storyline was so much better than the Manga & Anime combined!
The anime was so cool, but the game is even cooler.
But also didn't the girls love Tate in the manga aswell, than why is everybody on Kyoji's case just because he's different?
Old 2008-05-31, 18:08   Link #340
Nadine Phoenix
PhoenixBlaze

Anyone know where you can download the game on your pc for free?
The game is so interesting that I just wanna play it so much!
Closed Thread