Old 2013-09-22, 13:12   Link #24521
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Relax, she's just a substitute
^ Tell that to Tsukune... ...

On second thought, don't; not if you value your face....
Old 2013-09-22, 13:37   Link #24522
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
^ Tell that to Tsukune... ...

On second thought, don't; not if you value your life...
corrected that for you
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 01:11   Link #24523
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by khprincessh View Post
So holdup I just telling me that outer moka is dead and finally after all these months Tsukune kisses her but he kiss her when she's about to die!! What kind of crap is that!!! Unless she's not really dead or she may come back alive somehow
I'm sorry you find this so upsetting, though it's already been established that the Rosario is Omote's body, so to speak. Her fate is tied to it. And when it dies, she dies. This goes back to chapter 2 of Season I. I'm sure Moka as a whole will live on, though with the Rosario practically destroyed, I see no feasible means of saving Omote now. So we should be happily she finally got her kiss with Tsukune before the bitter end. But now, it seems that Omote is no longer. Fare thee well, you shall be missed.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 02:43   Link #24524
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

A shounen series killing off the MC's main love interest after 100+ chapters? - Unlikely.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 08:09   Link #24525
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Personally I hope she stays dead. She's always been the character with the least personality (Aside from early Tsukune) and much more importantly it adds a lot of weight to the story. Her coming back after that scene would just be cheap. I hate when author's make us think characters have died and then just bring them back, it's almost always very lazy writing.

Not to mention this means much more Inner Moka.
Old 2013-09-23, 12:56   Link #24526
Dj0rel
True Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Personally I hope she stays dead. She's always been the character with the least personality
Wrong. Outer Moka has more personality than other girls except maybe Inner Moka. I've seen people who claimed that Outer Moka has little or no personality. But they usually have no idea what it actually means to have personality.

Quote:
Personally I hope she stays dead. She's always been the character with the least . I hate when author's make us think characters have died and then just bring them back, it's almost always very lazy writing.
You know what's even lazier writing. Killing off a character becausse some don't like her.
Old 2013-09-23, 13:12   Link #24527
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj0rel View Post
Wrong. Outer Moka has more personality than other girls except maybe Inner Moka. I've seen people who claimed that Outer Moka has little or no personality. But they usually have no idea what it actually means to have personality.
How so? Aside from liking Tsukune, having been hated by humans (a plot point that got dropped very quickly) and being nice she doesn't have much going for her. All of the interesting personality bits go to Inner Moka.

Quote:
You know what's even lazier writing. Killing off a character becausse some don't like her.
What makes you think that's happening? She's dying (if she stays dead) because of very plot centric reasons (the revelation that she's a fake personality being a big one).
Old 2013-09-23, 14:23   Link #24528
Dj0rel
True Believer

Quote:
How so? Aside from liking Tsukune, having been hated by humans (a plot point that got dropped very quickly) and being nice she doesn't have much going for her. All of the interesting personality bits go to Inner Moka.
Let's compare:
Why does Moka like Tsukune? Because he is her first true friend.
Now why do other girls like Tsukune? Pretty much just because he was nice to them when they first met.
Advantage Moka.
Next, did any girl other than Moka ever got angry with Tsukune (after joining his harem) or gave him the cold shoulder for whatever reason? Nope.
Did any girl other than Moka ever criticized Tsukune for whatever reason? Nope.
Did any girl other than Moka ever discuss or consider what would they do in the future? Nope.
Moka cares about her friends as much as any other member of the cast so there's no advantage there.
I could list more things but it's been quite the while since I last reread the whole manga and I don't remember all the details.

Quote:
What makes you think that's happening? She's dying (if she stays dead) because of very plot centric reasons (the revelation that she's a fake personality being a big one).
Oh? And how does the revelation about being "fake" personality exactly makes it necessary to kill her off.
Old 2013-09-23, 14:34   Link #24529
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:

Ironically your second comment kinda contradicts your first. The revelation about outer being an artificial personality and her realizing this fact makes for great development. She herself wondered whether she should live on or not only to be reassured by Tsukune and the others that it's the experiences that make an individual and that their affections for her (and vice versa) acknowledge her existence.

Also, inner Moka only relatively recently had some depth to her character added in form of her background. Before that her character seemed pretty shallow and static as well.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 12:14   Link #24530
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post

Also, inner Moka only relatively recently had some depth to her character added in form of her background. Before that her character seemed pretty shallow and static as well.
I disagree. Ever since their conflict with Kuyou and Tsukune's first fight (or even as far back as their first encounter with the Medusa), Ura has developed, but simply never got screen-time. We really see her emotions present themselves during "Kiss", how she unloaded on Midou when he insulted Tsukune, and how she was crying when she fought a ghoulified Tsukune.

Omote and others have hidden her development, but Ura's evolution is definitely one of the most profound in R+V.
Old 2013-09-24, 12:21   Link #24531
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach56gs View Post
I disagree. Ever since their conflict with Kuyou and Tsukune's first fight (or even as far back as their first encounter with the Medusa), Ura has developed, but simply never got screen-time. We really see her emotions present themselves during "Kiss", how she unloaded on Midou when he insulted Tsukune, and how she was crying when she fought a ghoulified Tsukune.

Omote and others have hidden her development, but Ura's evolution is definitely one of the most profound in R+V.
I have to agree here. Plus the fact that she is very proud doesn't help.
Also we can't forget that pseudo date(that was a true date from my pov XD) when she train him and teach him to feel other people presence.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 11:52   Link #24532
nfsac

So we can expect spoilers from tomorrow onwards? For the next chapter?
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 12:36   Link #24533
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsac View Post
So we can expect spoilers from tomorrow onwards? For the next chapter?
Well, new chapter of Claymore is out already, scanlation included, so - yeah
Old 2013-10-01, 12:51   Link #24534
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Well, new chapter of Claymore is out already, scanlation included, so - yeah
Gah, it's so vexing that Claymore's already out but R+V Raw have yet to appear >_<

Being patient is hard.
Old 2013-10-01, 16:39   Link #24535
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Which probably means the raw is already in the scanlators' hands...
Old 2013-10-01, 19:51   Link #24536
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
Which probably means the raw is already in the scanlators' hands...
I have no problems with that, then! Gogo translators! <3
Old 2013-10-02, 03:46   Link #24537
marconii2002

Chapter 66-2 raw is out
marconii2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 03:59   Link #24538
GrimJack

boy did that ever make me think I was watching Godzilla lol

Spoiler for lots of good though:
Old 2013-10-02, 04:02   Link #24539
Soji

GrimJack@
Spoiler for spoiler:
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 04:06   Link #24540
GrimJack

cant believe I forgot to mention that but I was riffing on the Godzilla motif lol

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire