AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-01-24, 15:05   Link #2641
Isochroma

Nice work!
Isochroma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 23:53   Link #2642
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I still mourn for Claudia even though she was offed.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 08:34   Link #2643
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
I still mourn for Claudia even though she was offed.
Yeah, that ticked me off. She didn't even try to defend herself. It wasn't all true, she may have been using them but she had their best interests in mind. Not that that's right, but it still something important.
Old 2010-01-27, 19:39   Link #2644
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Yeah, that ticked me off. She didn't even try to defend herself. It wasn't all true, she may have been using them but she had their best interests in mind. Not that that's right, but it still something important.
I'm sure if she was butt ugly you wouldn't think the same thing...
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 19:48   Link #2645
Isochroma

I love the sadness, I embrace the tragedy. From somewhere far away in darkened land comes the invisible hand. It embraces as toward death it races.

To die happy with smiles upon their faces was a fate given as the final half of their deal with eternity. It's more than most real people will ever get - perhaps more than they deserved. To quote Morpheus, “Fate, it seems, is not without its sense of irony.”

I await the next heartbreaking story from JLand. May it be cruel and crushing, packed full of the death of innocents and innocence. The second even more than the first fulfills my cruel thirst.

Last edited by Isochroma; 2010-01-27 at 20:03.
Isochroma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 20:54   Link #2646
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
I'm sure if she was butt ugly you wouldn't think the same thing...
What does her looks have to do with it?
Old 2010-01-27, 22:45   Link #2647
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
What does her looks have to do with it?
My point is, so many people (not necessarily you) only cared about her because she was "hot". If she looked like a Scythe Master, and died like that, i'm sure a lot of people wouldn't really mind, and if anything, would be hoping for more of a "squealing" death scene.

It was more a joke though, so if it offended you in anyway, my bad.
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 18:05   Link #2648
kitten320

I didn't like Claudia much, I wanted to kick her really hard after she made Ein suffer and had used Zwei and fully messed up their lives =/

Was a bit sad when she had died, but she did deserve it.
Old 2010-01-30, 19:12   Link #2649
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I don't think she deserved to die. She may have used them, but it was never with ill intentions. And the reason things went south with Ein after Claudia's capture & persuasion of Reiji was Reiji's fault, not Claudia's.
Old 2010-01-31, 01:05   Link #2650
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
I don't think she deserved to die. She may have used them, but it was never with ill intentions. And the reason things went south with Ein after Claudia's capture & persuasion of Reiji was Reiji's fault, not Claudia's.
Agree. Looks were secondary to me.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 10:57   Link #2651
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Agree. Looks were secondary to me.
Yeah, she was definitely a bombshell, no question about it. I really liked her too until the incident with what's his face in the hotel. Broke my little heart.
Old 2010-01-31, 13:23   Link #2652
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
She did deserve to die. Maybe not for Phantoms, but certainly for what she did in the past.
Old 2010-01-31, 13:36   Link #2653
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
She did deserve to die. Maybe not for Phantoms, but certainly for what she did in the past.
I'm afraid you'll have to jog my memory if you don't mind.
Old 2010-01-31, 16:43   Link #2654
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Killed her lover and then her own brother (who protected her all his life) for no other reason but to join Inferno. At the end of all, she puts her own ambitions before the wellbeing of others, even those who love her.
Old 2010-01-31, 16:49   Link #2655
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I thought they died in the cross fire. Or was this changed for the anime and you're talking about the VN?
Old 2010-01-31, 17:02   Link #2656
Nayrael
The Faceless One

I think it was hinted in anime but ultimately left unconfirmed (as only very few knew that Claudia assassinated him). The VN itself didn't mention it in Ein&Drei path but only in Clau's.
Old 2010-02-01, 13:35   Link #2657
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I thought the reason Claudia wanted revenge against that black guy (can't remember his name) was because his gang killed his brother and lover...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 16:42   Link #2658
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That's what she pretented, she couldn't really tell people she killed her own brother, especially not Lizzie. If I remember the story well, Claudia slept with her brother and the boss of a rival gang, manipulating both for a while and eventually killing them to enter Inferno. She was ready to do ANYTHING to stand at the top.

I don't really remember any hint of that in the anime though, but I watched the anime before playing the VN so I may have missed it. Anyway, it's not really a change, as Nayrael said it was only revealed in her own route, so it makes sense it was omitted in the anime.
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 16:54   Link #2659
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon_ View Post
That's what she pretented, she couldn't really tell people she killed her own brother, especially not Lizzie. If I remember the story well, Claudia slept with her brother and the boss of a rival gang, manipulating both for a while and eventually killing them to enter Inferno. She was ready to do ANYTHING to stand at the top.
Her brother too!? Well, she definitely used everything she had to get where she wanted to go.

Quote:
I don't really remember any hint of that in the anime though, but I watched the anime before playing the VN so I may have missed it. Anyway, it's not really a change, as Nayrael said it was only revealed in her own route, so it makes sense it was omitted in the anime.
Well, us not learning of this in the anime made her a more tragic character, which was pretty much the theme of the anime. Her past was shrouded in mystery. And one of the things this anime did exceptionally well was leaving it up to the viewer to decide what had happened, and why it did.
Old 2010-03-06, 09:45   Link #2660
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I watched this series at last... and i'm not sure if i should be proud of myself, because the first 5 chapters bored me out, then by mistakes i skipped quickly through up to chapter 8 where the loli Cal got me back. Then i followed the series closely until chapter 25. By then i no longer have any mood for the ending so i quickly skipped through ep 26

In short, the only character i like and helped me finishing this series, Cal, ended up death. It's kind of suck.

But oh well, since a fan of Higurashi and Umineko i am. I will take the short sweet moment of chapter 25 as the true ending in most of fragment world then.

Tags
action, eroge, gunfights, seinen