AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 24 46.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 28.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 13.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 5.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.85%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.92%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-23, 17:45   Link #81
alvinkhorfire

Based on the informative replies given by others, I shall try to determine how Shana learnt Taimei Shihen.

Sequence
1. While still in Reiji Maigo inside Yuji, Johan learnt the spell of Taimei Shihen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Johan has also managed to contact Rami somehow and gave him the data on what he found inside the Reiji Maigo (on Silver, among other things).
Somehow, Johan passed the knowledge of using Taimei Shihen to Lamies.

3. Lamies passed the scroll of secrets to Wilhelmina. This scroll was seen in 5 minutes 30 seconds in Episode 16.

4. Wilhelmina passed it to Margery and Sale for them to analyze. They were analyzing the spell, as shown in around 4 minutes in Episode 17.

5. After it was unlocked, Shana learnt Taimei Shihen.

The sequence can be proven correct with the quote from Cosmic Eagle as follow:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
IIRC she (Shana) learnt the method (Taimei Shihen) from Johan.
I believe Shana learnt the spell in such way. Guys, what do you think about it? Feel free to correct my mistake.

Last edited by alvinkhorfire; 2012-02-23 at 17:58.
Old 2012-02-23, 18:34   Link #82
Senshigeia

Makes sense to me, alvinkhorfire.

Sig credit to Bila / Avatar credit to SweetHoney

Check out my anime and manga lists!
Old 2012-02-23, 20:10   Link #83
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

I was under the impression that Lamies learned Taimei Shihen because he was able to inspect it himself while working under Bal Masque. I mean he is very important to the plan when it comes to unrestricted spell crafting.
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2012-02-23, 21:11   Link #84
Texas84
よろしく

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
why was that van awesome and where can i get one.
It's the Mystery Machine from Scooby Doo
Old 2012-02-23, 23:43   Link #85
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
Based on the informative replies given by others, I shall try to determine how Shana learnt Taimei Shihen.

Sequence
1. While still in Reiji Maigo inside Yuji, Johan learnt the spell of Taimei Shihen.

3. Lamies passed the scroll of secrets to Wilhelmina. This scroll was seen in 5 minutes 30 seconds in Episode 16.

4. Wilhelmina passed it to Margery and Sale for them to analyze. They were analyzing the spell, as shown in around 4 minutes in Episode 17.

I believe Shana learnt the spell in such way. Guys, what do you think about it? Feel free to correct my mistake.
Lea (Lamies) is a crucial factor in the Taimei ritual as well. (S)He, the Prof, and Hecate. They hold key roles in the ritual
Old 2012-02-24, 02:07   Link #86
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I never have dabbled at discussing the terminology extensively used in the Shanaverse simply because it would give unwanted headaches.

I take this franchise at face value in order to enjoy it and leave the explanations about the spells, the techniques, and the planes of existences to the scholars following the light novels, the manga, and the anime.

What became clear to me for this episode is that Johan, in summary, scolded Sakai Yuuji for being a fool blinded by his own naivety, because Yuuji became too absorbed at his own selflessness and self-sacrifice for Xanadu that he neglected the one thing he treasured the most: his love towards Shana.
Hence, it now makes perfect sense to me why Shana went postal at Yuuji not as a Flame Haze but as a girl in love, because he put a distance between the two of them in favor of prioritizing his goals for Xanadu over what he and Shana share together.
Johan's critic towards Sakai Yuuji is a wake-up call that nobody and nothing in all the worlds expect from Sakai Yuuji that everything has to be perfect and must go fine. If he feels love, then he should act selfish and head to grasp it for himself.

Yuuji should have talked his thoughts to Shana and not have her casted aside; it's like if Yuuji's taking the choice for Shana, when Shana wishes all along for both of them take the choice together.
Old 2012-02-27, 19:13   Link #87
Deathscyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post

Sequence

I do think that they got a piece of the Taimei Shihen and a way to analyze it from Spiral Organ. I thought that Spiral Organ analyzed the Taimei Shihen himself after Yuji showed him the spell and decided to give Wilhelmina a piece and a way to analyze it when he found her.

I never saw anything that would hint towards Johan giving Spiral Organ information concerning the Taimei Shihen to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
What became clear to me for this episode is that Johan, in summary, scolded Sakai Yuuji for being a fool blinded by his own naivety, because Yuuji became too absorbed at his own selflessness and self-sacrifice for Xanadu that he neglected the one thing he treasured the most: his love towards Shana.
Hence, it now makes perfect sense to me why Shana went postal at Yuuji not as a Flame Haze but as a girl in love, because he put a distance between the two of them in favor of prioritizing his goals for Xanadu over what he and Shana share together.
Johan's critic towards Sakai Yuuji is a wake-up call that nobody and nothing in all the worlds expect from Sakai Yuuji that everything has to be perfect and must go fine. If he feels love, then he should act selfish and head to grasp it for himself.

Yuuji should have talked his thoughts to Shana and not have her casted aside; it's like if Yuuji's taking the choice for Shana, when Shana wishes all along for both of them take the choice together.
Couldn't agree more. Both Shana and Johan noticed that Yuji's getting too absorbed in his goal to Create Xanadu and that he's forgetting the most important thing, his love for Shana. Although Shana understands why Yuji's creating Xanadu, she's still angry at him because he left her side and decided to do everything on his own. Shana thinks that Yuji didn't have to leave her for this and wants him to believe in their love.
Old 2012-02-29, 18:10   Link #88
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Wilhelmina got rejected? By whom? I thought she was in love with the skeleton guy who helped to train Shana when she was young.
Old 2012-02-29, 18:30   Link #89
Senshigeia

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
Wilhelmina got rejected? By whom? I thought she was in love with the skeleton guy who helped to train Shana when she was young.
What I think is that she was rejected as a friend. She's always in the fight for her friends, and once again she was kept out from helping: now it was Pheles, who didn't tell her what her plan is, and choose to fight on her own with Johan.

Sig credit to Bila / Avatar credit to SweetHoney

Check out my anime and manga lists!
Closed Thread