AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-01, 17:44   Link #961
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
I have a feeling that Shiro really isn't a student of that school. This would explain why he is not registered or does not have the terminal.
Deducing from this, Shiro might have power to manipulate perception or recognition?
even when him not around??(like when kukuri met kuroh first time shiro was not near then( was on him room) his power have the range to work on every1 inside the school island???.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 18:09   Link #962
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

• Saruhiko is a dual flame user? However, it appears to have made him weaker than usual, thus his preference of sitting behind an office desk instead.
• Seri and Not!Shizuo having a link is interesting.
• I felt like my theory about Yata being a girl was swiftly shot down.
• Shiro lacking records is not surprising, since he doesn't have the PDA in the first place. Kukuri's reaction, on the other hand, may be either she's helping Shiro or she doesn't know Shiro at all, which brings us to shmaster's theory.

And everything appears to be one big mystery case that rivals that of Hyouka or Gosick's cases.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 18:10   Link #963
Kazu-kun

Well, Mishina did think the guy on the video was Shiro in episode 3. I don't know why Kukuri didn't think the same now. Is Shiro controlling her mind or something? Or maybe she's just absent-minded like that. lol

It would have been more telling if Yata asked Mishina. Then we would have known for sure if there's some mind-controlling thing going on.
Old 2012-11-01, 18:25   Link #964
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Yikes, not much progress between the main characters and the whole "He actually was the killer" thing, but they made up for it with the confrontation between the the blue and red members in the middle off the school. I enjoyed the action scenes as well as the characters that this episode focused on

Last edited by DXMichael; 2012-11-01 at 18:39.
DXMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 18:30   Link #965
Kazu-kun

I'm not a shipper but Kurou's little acts of kindness towards Kukuri are cute as hell. Every moment when they interact is really cute.
Old 2012-11-01, 18:53   Link #966
mistress_kisara

Episode 5..
Spoiler:
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 23:48   Link #967
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I've to admit that I'm pretty much watching this series just for that gorgeous animation work which probably is the best animated show overall in year 2012. We are in episode 5, but they are still able to keep it up at such a high level. As for the story, well.... the little tid-bits I've paid attention to, they are all jerks!

Two exception would be the samurai guy who travels with a sword, an apron, and assortment of cooking material. And the other exception would be the cute, blood inducing kitty who is the Neko. Just can't get enough of her.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 00:08   Link #968
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Did anyone else besides me, when Neko wanted the rice cracker bag and Shiro's friend didn't give it to her, went: FOR CRYING OUT LOUD JUST GIVE HER THE DAMN BAG YOU HEARTLESS WENCH! THAT'S ANIMAL CRUELTY! Also, I'm happy we got more development from the other teams, but, still feel the episode needed a little bit more Neko.
Old 2012-11-02, 00:10   Link #969
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Well, K just got interesting.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 00:16   Link #970
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
FOR CRYING OUT LOUD JUST GIVE HER THE DAMN BAG YOU HEARTLESS WENCH! THAT'S ANIMAL CRUELTY!.
YES! I was hoping Neko would just scratch her. I also concur we need more Neko. I simply can't get the part out of my head when she introduces herself for the first time with, "waga nama Neko desu"... uguuuuu
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 02:59   Link #971
dark998

First major battle of the series and it was between non-King characters, can't wait for the future developments K has in store. Saruhiko still being able to use red energy was surprising, I guess the bond between a King and his pawns is not easily broken.

For next week: Homra flashback and finally a more info about the mysterious Tatara.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 04:27   Link #972
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Darn, I wanted more information on Saruhiko and Misaki's relationship! So curious. What the heck happened between them?

Also omg. Shiro's not a student of the school and nobody recognizes him... I need some answers quick.

Also, Izumo and Seri know each other! This is interesting.
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 06:31   Link #973
Kakkou
Tch.

^You've posted in the wrong thread.

Ah, for a moment there I thought Pussy was killed and nearly got happy (Haven't watched ep5 yet). Tch.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 06:35   Link #974
garbage

oops ahaha had 2 tabs open ^^ sorry.. (so that's why i can't find it ....) transfering..
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 06:53   Link #975
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
I have a feeling that Shiro really isn't a student of that school. This would explain why he is not registered or does not have the terminal.
Deducing from this, Shiro might have power to manipulate perception or recognition?
Let me take this one step further. What if Shiro had the power to manipulate HIS own Self-perception? I have a suspicion that Neko is a manifestation of Shiro....
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 07:13   Link #976
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

This episode pretty much heavily implies that Shiro (or whoever is on his side, like Weismann or something) can affect memories. With that in mind, it's highly likely that Shiro's own memories were affected too, either by Shiro himself, Weismann or whoever is the person who's having Shiro do this.
Old 2012-11-02, 08:58   Link #977
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

This ep looked very pretty. I liked the art in this one better than in the previous episodes. The timing went all odd at the point where Saru was passing by Yata and the other guy without them seeing the others, as if it was a deep and meaningful moment, but I think it dragged rather badly.

Unfortunately, this ep was one of the more boring ones so far. I expected the plot to kick off now, but it didn't, except that we now know for certain that Yashiro isn't a student at the school, and that memories - of multiple people, even - are being messed with by someone. (Yashiro? Neko? Somebody else entirely?) The fight between Saru and Yata was the most boring part of the episode for me, and given that the fight was animated very well, that's a surprise.

There does seem to be something lacking in most of the character interactions in this series. It's not the voice acting causing it - that's being done extremely well - and the art is nicely done. So it has to be in the direction and/or the writing.

Kuroh continues to be the best character in the whole series, even though he had very little screen time this ep.

It looks as if the series is going to take until ep 6 or even later before the plot gets meaty. And that's really not good enough in a short series which has characterisation as one of its greatest weaknesses. If these 6 eps were compressed into, IDK, 2 or 3 eps, I think they would have been decent. Very little has actually happened.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 09:30   Link #978
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
This ep looked very pretty. I liked the art in this one better than in the previous episodes. The timing went all odd at the point where Saru was passing by Yata and the other guy without them seeing the others, as if it was a deep and meaningful moment, but I think it dragged rather badly.

Unfortunately, this ep was one of the more boring ones so far. I expected the plot to kick off now, but it didn't, except that we now know for certain that Yashiro isn't a student at the school, and that memories - of multiple people, even - are being messed with by someone. (Yashiro? Neko? Somebody else entirely?) The fight between Saru and Yata was the most boring part of the episode for me, and given that the fight was animated very well, that's a surprise.

There does seem to be something lacking in most of the character interactions in this series. It's not the voice acting causing it - that's being done extremely well - and the art is nicely done. So it has to be in the direction and/or the writing.

Kuroh continues to be the best character in the whole series, even though he had very little screen time this ep.

It looks as if the series is going to take until ep 6 or even later before the plot gets meaty. And that's really not good enough in a short series which has characterisation as one of its greatest weaknesses. If these 6 eps were compressed into, IDK, 2 or 3 eps, I think they would have been decent. Very little has actually happened.
I, for one, found characterization a strong suit of this show. All the major characters so far have been shown to have their own motivations, their reasons for doing what they do, and how differently they act depending on the situation. All except Yashiro, which is actually a refreshing twist since we're not supposed to know anything about Yashiro. He's a mystery man. Even characters who haven't been really given much spotlight so far (such as Anna) are hinted pretty heavily beforehand that there's going to be more of this depth to come, and it's actually pretty exciting. There's also plenty of evidence to show, for one, that Saruhiko isn't just a resident token psycho there to be brought to justice. Episode 4 showed that he was sympathetic. His eyes quivered and he looked as if he was about to cry when he had to convince himself that Totsuka was dead, for one. If he was just meant to be a flat 2D crazy character, they won't go to the extent of doing that.

According to the official posts, the plot starts revealing things and answering questions, kicking into true badassery after Episode 6. Personally I don't feel like that's so much of a problem. Madoka has the dire revelations happening from eps 6-8 (no, Mami getting killed doesn't count, anyone who knows UroGen would've expected that already, and if I remember correctly people were actually complaining about Madoka back then about it seeming too "slow-paced" as well), Steins;Gate (admittedly, was quite draggy in the first parts due to infodumpage) only brought the actual plot in in Episode 13/25. In contrast, Another revealed the main crux of the premise in Episode 5. The rest of the 6-7 episodes were some of the lamest shit I've ever seen in the history of anime which ruined the rather amazing Episodes 1-5 for me.

It's been 5 episodes so far. We have 7 left. It's not the halfway mark yet, and this episode was freaking cool.
Old 2012-11-02, 09:40   Link #979
bastek66

Who's that woman in preview? Seri?
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 09:45   Link #980
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Who's that woman in preview? Seri?
Pretty sure it's Seri, in Kusanagi's bar. Unless we're all completely fooled.

I laughed when I heard "Tsundora Onna" was a nickname for her by Kusanagi.

Tags
action, bishonen, fantasy, gang, supernatural