AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-01-23, 07:45   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 617 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

Last edited by james0246; 2013-01-23 at 10:56.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 07:47   Link #2
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Things have FINALLY heated up.

Love how Lee has a big part in this chapter, anytime Lee doe's anything = awesome.

Bit obvious where sasuke's team have arrived too...

Naruto was epic in this chapter....he just has to become hokage after this arc.
Old 2013-01-23, 08:04   Link #3
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizoku Keenan View Post

Love how Lee has a big part in this chapter, anytime Lee doe's anything = awesome.

Yh Lee was epic in this chapter. I was hoping he would go all releasing his gates but I guess that could wait. As for Sasuke and Co I have my money on that the place they arrived is where the will of fire grave stone is. As it looks like the place. Naruto is probably going to be head hokage of all the hokages after this as he is pretty much a world hero. But I wonder if his bone that was popped back into place hurt.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 08:12   Link #4
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizoku Keenan View Post

I was kinda under the impression they are going to retrieve Karin, something seemed a bit odd when Sasuke found out she was related to the Uzumaki Clan. It could be something completely unrelated but that's just my guess. I think that Naruto has matured enough to know that even if he's offered the position of Hokage, he will not take it at this point. I don't think he'll take it until he's in a position where he can place the village first.

hmm honestly I can't believe i forgot about the snake sages. If Orochimaru is guiding him to the place to learn sage techs then Sasuke could finally learn something other than having good eye sight... ok that was sarcasm sorry. It would be a much needed power up though to put him on a level that is atleast able to compete with Naruto.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 09:00   Link #5
neshru

I found the last panel to be surprisingly funny. It's just so funny to see Orochimaru casually travel alongside Sasuke (complete with team cape, too) like nothing ever happened between them and to him. Makes you wonder what the hell happened to this story.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 09:03   Link #6
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Well the chapter was "meh", though I am pretty sure that has something to do with Shikaku's big plan of having Naruto and Kurama give everyone a bijuu cloak. Then again, this one had the big ol' united front just go about and start wrecking Tobi and Madara like crazy. I was especially fond of Lee roundhouse kicking Madara in half (revenge for Tsunade).

That aside, I like Sakura was nowhere near that chakra bird. Naruto's symbolic moment of leading all his friends and comrades into the fray yet she is nowhere to be seen? Even her healing has been replaced by Hinata. Is this Kishimoto's subtle way of telling us Sakura is gonna die?
Old 2013-01-23, 09:40   Link #7
Apollian

Was Hinata healing Naruto's Arm with Gentle-fist?... I always thought she knew the Mystical Palm Technique? very confusing.
in the Filler Anime she does heal some Ninjas, but she doesn't know medical ninjutsu and can't heal in the Manga. Weird!
Apollian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 10:14   Link #8
ChronoReverse

She just punched Naruto's dislocated shoulder into place with Gentle Fist. I like how Sakura doesn't even get to do her job of healing in favor of Hinata doing it.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 10:29   Link #9
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
so naruto is noooot gonna give Lee any chakra?!? it'll be like opening the eight gates without the risk. lets go Lee!! i hope he is part of the plan
Thank you Kishi...

also, whats this about a will of fire grave stone?
are they not in uzumaki land?
Old 2013-01-23, 10:33   Link #10
Tettsuo
Yeah, I said that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
She just punched Naruto's dislocated shoulder into place with Gentle Fist. I like how Sakura doesn't even get to do her job of healing in favor of Hinata doing it.
Clearly Hinata is his woman. Naruto doesn't need Sakura when he has his Hinata with him.
Tettsuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 10:35   Link #11
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

im assuming since ino's jutsu is no longer in effect that obito had time enough to react and kamui'd himself away...this time i hope kakashi is on the other side waiting to deal an actual devastating blow. or it could be that Nara dad planned to use kamui on the the juubi...
Old 2013-01-23, 11:30   Link #12
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Epic chapter! About time I got those goosebumps back!
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 12:17   Link #13
BlueCosmos

Looks like back to sasuke next chapter,
BlueCosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 12:39   Link #14
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
When did Naruto break his shoulder? or dislocate.
Old 2013-01-23, 13:06   Link #15
itachi-san314

never thought i'd see lee land a hit on madara... that was awesome =)
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 13:13   Link #16
Xion Valkyrie

So uh, Orochimaru and Sasuke are doing something to hinder Madara right? I mean if Madara wins and enacts the Moon Eye Plan Sasuke and Orochimaru are screwed too.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 13:37   Link #17
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
So uh, Orochimaru and Sasuke are doing something to hinder Madara right? I mean if Madara wins and enacts the Moon Eye Plan Sasuke and Orochimaru are screwed too.
Naruto's side got Madara and Obito off the Ten Tails which should at least make it take longer for the moon eye plan to happen.

I wrote on my review of this chapter on my site that Kakashi said Kyubi's chakra tripled his capability to use kamui or at least his stamina so does anyone think this is incorrect?

Last edited by TimeMask; 2013-01-23 at 13:56.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 13:55   Link #18
ChronoReverse

No, Naruto dislocated his shoulder a few chapters back from the gigantic blast.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 13:57   Link #19
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
No, Naruto dislocated his shoulder a few chapters back from the gigantic blast.
I wonder if a Hyuga could dislocate bones with 1 hit if they hit someone hard enough in the right place. As Hinata can re-set bones with gentle fist.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 14:23   Link #20
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeMask View Post
I wrote on my review of this chapter on my site that Kakashi said Kyubi's chakra tripled his capability to use kamui or at least his stamina so does anyone think this is incorrect?
According to the MS translation, Shikaku wanted to confirm with Kakashi that he was using the Kyuubi/Naruto's chakra when he transported the Hachibi. From that, they concluded it increased the power of the individual three fold. Then Shikaku realized his plan to stop the Juubi and defeat Madara/Obito could work. But it was up to Naruto to mold the chakra for each individual user.

Naruto is basically an awesome battery. Goku took power from everyone and made them fodder. Naruto gave power to everyone and made them useful. Is it silly? Can you find holes in it? Yes, but give Kishi credit for finding a way so his side characters can still fight against living gods. Hell, a powered up Konoha 10 would destroy Sasuke now if Naruto ever lent the Kyuubi's chakra to them. Not that he would do it.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote