AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-31, 14:01   Link #2221
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
I found it interesting that Yuki was considered A minus, or that she would even be noticeable to Taniguchi. Either Yuki is extraordinarily cute for her character design (in KyoAni's works, even minor background female characters tend to be at least generically cute), or Taniguchi is a lot more diligent than most give him credit for.
Taniguchi has to have some talents. Otherwise he'd be too boring.

You know, I find it interesting, how, out of all the minor characters, Tanigawa chose to actually give him development. Interesting, that.
Old 2008-12-31, 15:47   Link #2222
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous_object View Post
since when will season2 come out?
I heard tomorrow but don't hold me to it!
Old 2008-12-31, 15:55   Link #2223
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

So. Many. Uses.
Old 2008-12-31, 16:27   Link #2224
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Guys, I realize it's been sort of slow news on the new season front, but let's please try to stay on-topic. Ranking the heroines and so on can go elsewhere...
Old 2008-12-31, 18:19   Link #2225
*Forte*
~ 長門 有希 ~

Spoiler for The reason of the postpone:

:P Tell me if you can see something funny.
It's not the truth*
Old 2008-12-31, 18:25   Link #2226
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Forte* View Post

It's not the truth*
Spoiler for I can see something funny!:

Funny.
Old 2008-12-31, 18:25   Link #2227
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Forte* View Post

It's not the truth*
Well, for one thing, it should be Brigade, not Bridge. Other than that, I count 8, while it would have been pretty easy to get in a ninth.
Old 2008-12-31, 18:27   Link #2228
*Forte*
~ 長門 有希 ~

Sorry my brain doesn't work well in new year eve >.>
*edited*
Old 2009-01-01, 15:58   Link #2229
CanadaAotS
Manly Picnic

Send a message via MSN to CanadaAotS
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
He's been doing this all year, though. Go back and read his posts in this thread from 10 months ago or so. What amazes me is that he keeps on coming up with new theories to justify the same irrational argument. Like "when Kyoto Animation stops making Key anime, it'll be all the fan's fault for not buying more DVDs" and "this is a sure sign that Key and Kyoto Animation aren't on good terms" and so on. It's the exact same argument with just slightly different "evidence"! The man's on a mission to prove that the days of Kyoto Animation Key adaptations are numbered and that it's all the fault of the fans. That and putting a dot at the top and bottom of every single post. And pressing Enter at the end of every line even though this forum has line-wrapping. Don't ask me why, because I have absolutely no idea whatsoever. It just is.
I've been waiting quite awhile for someone to say something haha.

Yeah, just caught up a almost a month of posts. Still nothing?
I'd like to think that I'm optimistic, but really, I can't see haruhi airing earlier then next year. Probably next year spring or summer if ever.

If ever.... bawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I'll come back in another month, maybe by then they'll be another troll announcement by KyoAni to get angry over :v
Old 2009-01-03, 01:30   Link #2230
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Really hard to imagine what the hold up is.

Hasn't Haruhi made the animators allot of money?
Old 2009-01-03, 01:38   Link #2231
Zantetsuken

IMHO, i think they're just trying to milk the franchise dry and when the interest finally hit rock bottom, they will announce 2nd season coming soon, vol 10 of the light novel will be released next month or something like that.

and remember, this is an opinion
Old 2009-01-03, 02:23   Link #2232
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
Where did you hear 10th volume is being released soon? I've been searching for forever for 10th volume release news.
Old 2009-01-03, 02:38   Link #2233
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikko_s View Post
Where did you hear 10th volume is being released soon? I've been searching for forever for 10th volume release news.
I think he meant to say "and then volume ten of the light novel will be released the next month."

He's probably right about the reason for the hold-up for the anime. As long as Kyo-Ani can keep milking season 1, they have no financial reason to make season 2. I can't imagine that Haruhi-chan and Churuya-chan will cost nearly as much to make as a proper season, but they'll probably provide a very nice opportunity to sell more stuff.

I like to think that Tanigawa decided to take the novels in a direction that Kadokawa refuses to accept, but that's just my personal little fantasy.
Old 2009-01-03, 03:32   Link #2234
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post
I like to think that Tanigawa decided to take the novels in a direction that Kadokawa refuses to accept, but that's just my personal little fantasy.
And what, direction, pray, is that?
Old 2009-01-03, 10:44   Link #2235
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
IMHO, i think they're just trying to milk the franchise dry and when the interest finally hit rock bottom, they will announce 2nd season coming soon, vol 10 of the light novel will be released next month or something like that.

and remember, this is an opinion
They must have learnt it from Gainax.
Old 2009-01-03, 11:46   Link #2236
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
Just watch them remake the ending.

End of Haruhi here we go~!

And then an entire remake, in movie format.

Credit To Risa-chan!
Old 2009-01-03, 12:05   Link #2237
typhonsentra

People still are clinging to the idea that the delays are part of a larger marketing strategy?

No one avoids releasing any new material for 2-3 years to make money guys.....

If they were milking we'd be seeing OVAs at least by this point. Instead it's been a total blackout with no real moneymaking material out on the market since early 2007.
Old 2009-01-03, 12:18   Link #2238
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
No one avoids releasing any new material for 2-3 years to make money guys.....
Uh, sure they do. Its a business and if there is money to be made any strategy will be used. Its not that unheard of for a company to hold off on a major project if profits related to that project are reaping in loads of money. It means they can make a crap load of money from it, work on other projects until sales start going down, than they leap back in and revive the project.

Its really just another form of milking everything you can get out of a franchise. Now no one can be sure thats the absolute reason for the delay, but I myself greatly believe it is.
Old 2009-01-03, 12:46   Link #2239
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Considering the money maker is merchanding rather than air time, that almost makes sense. Consider that there have been an almost endless stream of figures and posters for Haruhi since 2006, plus games and other things that can make the parent company money.

It seems they made enough to actually get their own in house anime made after six or so years of it sitting on the shelf as an internet OVA. Munto is coming out on TV was probably not even a consideration when Haruhi was being broadcast. It was probably a dream for the creators. Now with a boom from both Haruhi and Lucky Star merchandise, and the flow from Key related materials, KyoAni can make their own project.

Now if Munto flops, they have Haruhi as a failsafe. If that doesn't work they have more Key projects avalible...if that fails they can try their hand at FMP! again.

If Munto is a success, KyoAni has a green light to work on what they want to make. Haruhi will be in there someplace.

On the other hand...sometimes people can't handle their own creations being successful. Or at least successful enough that people want to do things with them. Some of these are considered control-freaks, others are purists, and still others are insecure. We still have no way of knowing what is going on with the creative end of Haruhi verses the corperate end of Haruhi.
Old 2009-01-03, 13:09   Link #2240
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
And what, direction, pray, is that?
Really, Kaisos? I mention a fantasy I have about the series and you ask me what it is? After all this time, I would have thought that it would go without saying.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen