AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2003-12-23, 14:44   Link #41
EliteJounin

Its gotta be Aerith.

And what are you talking about. Tifa is a quiet girl too. Aerith was the one that keeps on asking Cloud about their relationship and stuff... though i dont mind because i like her a lot. Anyways... i liked them both. Yuffie was annoying though. But i didnt hate any of the characters

Last edited by EliteJounin; 2003-12-23 at 14:58.
EliteJounin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-23, 19:06   Link #42
s0nicfreak
Taking harem applications
*Artist

Maybe it's just tragic to me because I love Sonic so much, and not being able to swim is his one weakness, so since I was little I've always had nightmares of him drowning. But if Sonic ever drowns in a game it makes me cry.

In Sonic Adventure it is soooooooo realistic I could only stand to watch it once. The first time I played I fell off the water-snake and Sonic drowned... I cried for like 30 mins and my Sonic drowning nightmares increased like 10x for a few weeks. After that if he is ever going to down in SA I have to reset it.
s0nicfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-23, 19:19   Link #43
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Most tragic death of a game character ? I'd say myself when i got fragged by an 8 year old on Halo X-Box.
Old 2003-12-23, 19:28   Link #44
Esperchld
Photographer

I never liked Aerith enough to care about her death. Actually I was kinda glad to see her go. After she dies the game gets better ... for a while. The only characters in that game I liked were Vincint, Cid, and Tifa.

Being killed by people using the .50 cal sniper rifle in Rainbow Six 3 is pretty tragic too. Not to be confused with the tragic nature of dying to someone with a mac 11/9 in that same game.

Last edited by Esperchld; 2003-12-23 at 19:42.
Esperchld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 02:38   Link #45
Fei-san
Monkeykyou Sharingan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvenPath
Most tragic death of a game character ? I'd say myself when i got fragged by an 8 year old on Halo X-Box.
ouch i feel for you
Breath of Fire 2
Spoiler:

And i thought Germio was number 106/108 in Suikoden?
i think you can get Germio back if you get all the others, or was that another character that dies?
Fei-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 05:31   Link #46
Bandersnatch
Gantz Survivor

Send a message via AIM to Bandersnatch
Hmm I just read all three pages and I didn't see this one mentioned yet so....Aerith from Final Fantasy 7. Ohhh thread is for saddest not funniest, scratch that. I think I was waiting in anticipation for the bloodspray (which never came if I remember) than actually feeling sad for her. If it was Tifa I might of felt a little something. One death that bummed me out a little was in Resident Evil.

Spoiler:

PS - Speaking of Resident Evil, has anyone seen the new movie? Does Milla show her boobies again?

PPS - Yes, im a perv.

Shun me, for I am frumious!
Bandersnatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 12:48   Link #47
White_Line

Send a message via AIM to White_Line
Wink

>.>

Errr... all of you are saying FF VII when... you know who dies.... but since I never really played that game or watch it, yeah.

The most tragic death? I'd have to give it to Melfice from Grandia II in my case. The scene was really powerful with all the good voice acting and stuff. Vv *sniffs*
White_Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 14:05   Link #48
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandersnatch
Hmm I just read all three pages and I didn't see this one mentioned yet so....Aerith from Final Fantasy 7. Ohhh thread is for saddest not funniest, scratch that. I think I was waiting in anticipation for the bloodspray (which never came if I remember) than actually feeling sad for her. If it was Tifa I might of felt a little something. One death that bummed me out a little was in Resident Evil.

Spoiler:

PS - Speaking of Resident Evil, has anyone seen the new movie? Does Milla show her boobies again?

PPS - Yes, im a perv.

You got one of the bad endings then. Play it through again and make sure you Trust Barry all the time. The new movie is trash. If you are a fan of the games I can not see how you can like this movie as...By this movies story none of the games could have happened.

And as far as tragic deaths I would say Ghaleon on Lunar 2. He had redeemed himself and found peace but died right after. and for that one death in FF7 IMO it is not really tragic as it only happens to make you hate a badly done villian. No real feelings to it at all.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 12:27   Link #49
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Lui kang- Mortal kombat deadly alliance
Old 2004-09-19, 23:27   Link #50
lavarock
Busy wasting my time..:-(

In FF7
Spoiler:

Also in FF8
Spoiler:
lavarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-21, 20:06   Link #51
DryMaltExtract
Huge Member

You fools! The most tragic death of a game character EVER was Alys in Phantasy Star 4. The way the characters act they make you hope that she'll live, but you know she's going to die and then she does. Truely the greatest tragedy in any game, more tragic than entire planets being wiped out.

Yes Milla probably shows more tit in RE2 than in the first one. The problem however is the director likes to shake the camera worse than cheap HK films...and thus you can't tell what is going on in the fight scenes AT ALL. Atleast in Young and Dangerous I could get the general movements....

Liu Kang was also pretty bad, not tragic, but he didn't deserve that. He's all "I'm going to kick your ass" only to be double teamed and have his neck broken from behind....that was better than the lame ass fatalities in the game. Of course MK is truely pathetic now, such cartoony crappy fatalities, less violent than in MK2.
DryMaltExtract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-21, 22:04   Link #52
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Rachel in Final Fantasy 6, much more emotional and better done than Aeris in Final Fantasy 7 IMO.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-21, 23:12   Link #53
StoneColdCrazy
Noumenon

Send a message via ICQ to StoneColdCrazy Send a message via MSN to StoneColdCrazy
Any death where I haven't saved in a while and I have to go back and replay through a large section of the game... They tend to have far more impact on me than an NPC's demise.

The quality of writing in games is usually lacking somewhat, far too many of these character deaths are telegraphed (as was stated upthread) and we still need more emotional involvement in our games; the rather narrow field of titles listed in this thread reflects this. It can only get better.

SCC
StoneColdCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 00:18   Link #54
Sepiraph
Arayashiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryMaltExtract
You fools! The most tragic death of a game character EVER was Alys in Phantasy Star 4. The way the characters act they make you hope that she'll live, but you know she's going to die and then she does. Truely the greatest tragedy in any game, more tragic than entire planets being wiped out.
I remembered when I first played PS4 (many) years ago, I thought Alys would be revived later in the game but it just never happened.

p.s. Rune and Kyra are such cool characters, I loved PS4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Rachel in Final Fantasy 6, much more emotional and better done than Aeris in Final Fantasy 7 IMO.
I agreed, now that u've mentioned it. I just loved the music that was played during the flashback scene (can still remember the music).
Sepiraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 02:51   Link #55
Divine Crescent Moon

What about in FF9.

Spoiler:
Divine Crescent Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 04:58   Link #56
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

Personally for me, it was when I first played MegaMan 2 and he lost all of his energy and EXPLODED!!! I was like WTFBBQ? (I was like 10 back in the day) That event right there made me swore an oath to never let good ol Rockman blow up, ever.

Oh yeah! I remember when Chrono got blown away in Chrono Trigger. Since he was my main character and the highest level, I was hella pissed and sad that he prematurely gets destroyed by Lavos before the end of the game. I'll reenact what happened.

[Lavos shoots Chrono into oblivion]

Me - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOO!!! [throws SNES controller into TV while cursing obscene words at Lavos]

Thank God you could bring him back after finding the the time egg.

"I appear to be a plushie, but my heart is that of a wolf." - Kon
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 06:27   Link #57
Nothing Special
Hello.

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

Spoiler:
Nothing Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 18:38   Link #58
stpehen
kisses for all

I'm waiting for a game death to qualify as "tragic" first.
stpehen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 19:03   Link #59
CyberPunk

ramza and his sister at the end of fftactics, sydney in vagrant story.
CyberPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 19:25   Link #60
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gevurah
Personally for me, it was when I first played MegaMan 2 and he lost all of his energy and EXPLODED!!! I was like WTFBBQ? (I was like 10 back in the day) That event right there made me swore an oath to never let good ol Rockman blow up, ever.

Oh yeah! I remember when Chrono got blown away in Chrono Trigger. Since he was my main character and the highest level, I was hella pissed and sad that he prematurely gets destroyed by Lavos before the end of the game. I'll reenact what happened.

[Lavos shoots Chrono into oblivion]

Me - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOO!!! [throws SNES controller into TV while cursing obscene words at Lavos]

Thank God you could bring him back after finding the the time egg.
In the game his name was Crono :P
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote