AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-07-31, 11:24   Link #21
Angela Sanctisstessa
I'm a boy..K?

Send a message via ICQ to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via MSN to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via Yahoo to Angela Sanctisstessa
i too play yu-gi-oh card game but not to the extend to spend hundreds for a card...but i'm quite feeling insulted..and by the way..the game emphisis on tactics as you will never know what structure of deck will your opponent will be and what or when he/she will initiate his/her fury against you..that's all
Angela Sanctisstessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-31, 21:34   Link #22
Remian

Sorry bout that last post...
A dare among my friends...........

I used to play Yu-Gi-Oh. It was fun within the first 5 months of popularity....
It was differet from pokemon as the Pokemon TCG made you flip a coin every move...yah....

What reallyy ticked me off with Yu-Gi-Oh is that the only cards worth playin were that the only cards worth playing are the really good ones.

You could bye 50 booster packs and make the best deck you can and then go play at a tourney. Even though your deck is filled with strong 1800 attack power commons....your opponnent plays really powerful rare cards that he got from mooching from his mom (or dad, or something.....)

Yu-Gi-Oh in a way had really bland rules. And , in reality, coppying the Magic the Gathering card game in everyway....

Yu-Gi-Oh gets 6/10 in my book.

Playing Yu-GiOh is an easy habit to break. and if you play that game more than you hang with your friends...something is wrong
Remian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 08:50   Link #23
spedz_fx
Begin Activation!

Send a message via MSN to spedz_fx
I must admit Remian is right there i played and its ok (for a while) after a bit though it does get boring also another thing that drove me demmented (don't know if this ever to u lot but all i get in boost packs are tonnes of crap cards i did have just 1 whites eye blue dragon my m8 tho had 5!
spedz_fx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 09:37   Link #24
Angela Sanctisstessa
I'm a boy..K?

Send a message via ICQ to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via MSN to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via Yahoo to Angela Sanctisstessa
which one started out first yugiog or magic the gathering??
Angela Sanctisstessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 13:47   Link #25
Imazul

lol Magic of course, still a waste of money
Imazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-04, 15:24   Link #26
Remian

Cardgames arent necessarrally a waste of money...

Not only do TCG's develop thinking and problem solving, they also build interactive skills such as knowing how to lose, and knowing how to win. They even encourage you to make new friends so you could play with others more often.

Ever since Yu-Gi-Oh fell in popularity, everyone is giving all TCG's a bad look. I think some of you who REALLy like Yu-Gi-Oh, should keep playing it, but for everyone else...I think that you should get a new hobby by age 17 at most. Other than that.....

Oh, And i still think it is dum for a 20 yr old to be playing cards with a bunch of kids.
Old 2004-08-04, 18:12   Link #27
Imazul

Note: If youre talking about me for the age 17 thingie than you probably didnt read that I never played Yu-Gi-Oh and im never gonna buy any card.
I did play magic when I was younger but it got boring after a year, I was #1 at my comic book store and sold my cards for 5 times what I payed for them.

Altough I realize at age 14 that game that requires you to constantly buy new stuff isnt a good idea unless you do tournaments. (of course computer games arent include in that since its on a different level)

Anyway, kids these day dont have a single clue about money and what it is worth, thats why I think card games should be forbidden until you reach an age when you can win your own money.
Imazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-05, 19:07   Link #28
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

Lol, card games, lu.

Please don't waste your money on cards. It's like our currency; the piece of paper has no real value, and unless you're Jon Finkel, you're going to stop playing sooner or later. As you think about the big box[es] of cards and what you're going to do with them, you'll finally realize how much money you wasted [in my case, >$1000] and what you could have done with the money instead [like paintball or anime].
Slade xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-08, 10:22   Link #29
Remian

Cardgames are usually bought by little kids. Thier parents let the kids buy cards because TCG's build problem solving skills and help them meet new people.

Honestly though, I dont usually buy cards. Oh sure i have a large collection of Pokemon cards, a mediocre collection of YuiGi-Oh and Magic, and I just started playing Duel Masters... But I still think that cardgames are a waste of money, and nowadays people are just trying to copy what CardCaptor Sakura did best, make a card based anime....