AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-19, 22:19   Link #1401
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
They have two voting topics, one for "worst" and another one for "best", the final result is calculated using (best-(worst*1.536)) since "worst" topic has about 1100 votes, while "best" topic has over 1600 votes.

These point means nothing, really. They're basically fanboy/haters race. Don't take it too seriously.
Thanks for the explanation! But still, more fanboys is better than more haters. XD
Old 2009-08-19, 22:21   Link #1402
aulzon

I suspected Bakemonogatari was pretty popular on 2ch. Huge backlash on Haruhi too. o_o

Anyone know how last season did?

Last edited by aulzon; 2009-08-19 at 22:38.
aulzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 23:22   Link #1403
gigaloki
The Silent Ninja Perv

Send a message via Yahoo to gigaloki
Quote:
Originally Posted by aulzon View Post
I suspected Bakemonogatari was pretty popular on 2ch. Huge backlash on Haruhi too. o_o

Anyone know how last season did?
nyoro~ who cares about endless eight now, it have ended though... no more issues xD. bakemonogatari is something unique xD it'll surely hit

YURINESS

NeverGiveUpPH
gigaloki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 11:08   Link #1404
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
lol Endless Eight has made me hate Haruhi anime. Good thing I can watch Bakemonogatari in it's place
Old 2009-08-20, 14:09   Link #1405
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Season 1 Haruhi is the best, I think S2 was just to make some money on the franchise. Endless 8 is IMO the money makers abuse of Anime fans.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 14:13   Link #1406
solomon

Don't think you should hate Haruhi just for one installment. That's like hating Gundam JUST cause you didn't like the series Gundam. If the light novels are any good, then the further adaptions should be good too.

I hope Bakemonogatari ISN'T succesful enough to warrant franchise material, cause then quality could be SERIOUSLY watered down (the drop would be MUCH steeper than say your average shonen main story to filler drop).
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 14:56   Link #1407
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
I hope Bakemonogatari ISN'T succesful enough to warrant franchise material, cause then quality could be SERIOUSLY watered down (the drop would be MUCH steeper than say your average shonen main story to filler drop).
SHAFT are the kings of good sequels. There's no way I can see the quality dropping if they make a Bakemonogatari sequel, which they probably will.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 15:08   Link #1408
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
SHAFT are the kings of good sequels. There's no way I can see the quality dropping if they make a Bakemonogatari sequel, which they probably will.
Purely out of curiosity, what sequels has SHAFT done?

While I don't hate Haruhi (yet ), I'm very glad that Bakemonogatari came along at just the right time to fill the spot in my anime watching list (sci-fi mystery adventure thriller with great philosophical dialogue) that Haruhi used to fill.
Old 2009-08-20, 15:21   Link #1409
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Purely out of curiosity, what sequels has SHAFT done?
Hidamari, SZS, Ef... well, Ef's sequel sucked, but the point is that they actually make sequels. >_>
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 15:28   Link #1410
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Ef's sequel was painful to watch.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 21:50   Link #1411
rocket
Senior and Demented

Hidamari Sketch Sequel + Specials were awesome.

As was Pani Poni Dash Special.

Believe!
Old 2009-08-21, 07:24   Link #1412
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Thanks for the answers/feedback, Kaisos, Zetsubo, and rocket!
Old 2009-08-21, 08:03   Link #1413
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Don't think you should hate Haruhi just for one installment. That's like hating Gundam JUST cause you didn't like the series Gundam. If the light novels are any good, then the further adaptions should be good too.

Well what you said about Haruhi applies to Bakemonogatari as well. "If the light novels are any good, then the further adaptions should be good too." There's already 3 more novels in addition to the 2 novels adapting in this current series. 2 more are on the way in 2010, I don't know if they will top Bakemonogatari but I've heard good things about them. Definitely not "your average shonen main story to filler drop". Ickem told me quite a few things about Kizu and I'm really looking forward to seeing that animated one day.

Anyway at this rate I'll be surprised if this isn't the best selling show SHAFT have produced to date, it's getting a lot of discussion on 2ch and going by the poll it's giving a good impression too. Usually shows that are the most active on 2ch sell really well.. OP single sold pretty damn well too... I'll be surprised if it sells under 10k in it's first week.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 17:42   Link #1414
solomon

Hmm good point. The key meat of the series is it's writing, which I suspect is the style of Nishi realitively untouched (if shortened, I like the fact that they cut down on the otakuish jokes, that gets played out fast).

The great thing SHAFT has done is in illustrating it, and as long as they have good staffers, you're right, it should be at least worthy of a look.
Old 2009-08-22, 07:59   Link #1415
sirn
田舎者言うな

Today in Kodansha BOX Fanclub Member-exclusive KOBO Sōkai event, they've screened the "sample" version of BD/DVD commentary. From what I've read in 2ch, it's a rapid-fire conversation between Hitagi and Hanekawa similar to Hyakumonogatari drama CD (but not as a short-episode).

Hitagi calls Hanekawa "Opantsu-sama" or something and she acts like nothing happened. This audio commentary should be fun. Too bad they've only screened the Kizu title part of ep1.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 08:04   Link #1416
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
Ef's sequel was painful to watch.
Beg to disagree. It just started slow. Picked up well afterwards.

In any case, could Kyoani's golden era be ending soon?
Old 2009-08-22, 09:13   Link #1417
aulzon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimatheKat View Post
They'll be back once they animate Disappearance. The rage of endless eight is probably going to quell soon.
aulzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 20:58   Link #1418
solomon

Quote:

Couldn't say, seeing as how aside from Haruhi, their material hardly interests me. As far as this show, it still looks and sounds as great as ever. I think it'll have to be put down as a purchase. Could do fairly well stateside if licenced.
Old 2009-08-23, 21:30   Link #1419
Ninjacat

Location: In the frozen wastes of the Province of Quebec, Canada.
Quote:
Beg to disagree. It just started slow. Picked up well afterwards.

I'd say it's already over, they lost quite a few talents over the years. It's just that the weakness is beginning to show.

Animation is a time-consuming medium production-wise. You can expect at least a year or two between early planning and broadcasting. Stuff you saw last year was produced by the KyoAni of two years ago. And what you'll see next year is in pre-production today.

One of the great things about Bakemonogatari is that it's ridiculously cheap to make. Lots of still images, limited movement, lots of talking heads. The more actiony bits are very smoothly animated, but it's a small part of an actual episode.

They can keep the series going at it's actual level of quality pretty much forever... as long as they keep their competent directors and key animators.
Ninjacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 04:50   Link #1420
Sch@dows

Quote:
If they could animate the sequel to Fullmetal Panic TSR u_u
Sch@dows is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, romance, shaft, supernatural