AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2009-03-01, 13:03   Link #421
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonix View Post
Actually funimation is releasing a boxset in April which you can get from rightstuf for less then buying all 4 volumes as singles (I'd have to say that rightstufs current price makes it cheaper then buying two single volumes from them).
Thank you for your help... I'll just wait until April to buy the boxset then...
Old 2009-03-01, 13:09   Link #422
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
Thank you for your help... I'll just wait until April to buy the boxset then...
You may want to check out DVDPacific, which a number of posters here use.

Air TV: Perfect Collection, release date 21st April 2009, $28.49
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 07:47   Link #423
Angelic
Feel the Beat

Anybody know where I can find the Limited Edition Full Metal Panic complete collection.

Its the box set with all 3 seasons in it, I think its japan only but I still can't find it anywhere.
Any help would be appreciated, I don't want to resort to a boot leg.
Angelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 06:41   Link #424
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelicxx View Post
Anybody know where I can find the Limited Edition Full Metal Panic complete collection.

Its the box set with all 3 seasons in it, I think its japan only but I still can't find it anywhere.
Any help would be appreciated, I don't want to resort to a boot leg.
It's probably because it never existed since even I can't find it and even play-asia doesn't even list it (and they list things that are out of print).

The only limited edition sets that have been released in Japan are for the first and second seasons (the second raid hasn't had it's own set yet) and their bluray only releases.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 21:06   Link #425
Lur
Smooch smooch smooch!!!

Send a message via MSN to Lur
I buy on amazon and at bestbuy
Lur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 08:17   Link #426
Blaine

If anyone is interested in figures you could try www.neonmartian.com i havent ordered anything from them so i dont know what they are like.

Another UK based site is www.tokyotoys.com who sell all sorts of merchendise they are pretty good i have order a couple of products from them.
Old 2009-08-11, 16:23   Link #427
EvaForever

I own the original adv releases of pani poni dash,and I was wondering I heard funimation added another episode on it's release. Is the extra episode worth buying it again or should I just keep the adv version? Thanks
EvaForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 03:52   Link #428
demonix

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaForever View Post
I own the original adv releases of pani poni dash,and I was wondering I heard funimation added another episode on it's release. Is the extra episode worth buying it again or should I just keep the adv version? Thanks
You must've heard wrong since I've just totalled up the length of all the ADV discs and it's the same as that of the funimation box set so there is no extra episode and you'd be better off keeping the ADV discs.

Edit: Also ANN only lists 26 episodes so there would never have been an extra episode.

Last edited by demonix; 2009-08-12 at 03:57. Reason: extra information
Old 2009-08-14, 19:33   Link #429
EvaForever

Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Old 2009-09-08, 05:13   Link #430
Alexei123

I want to buy the Pokemon the First Movie DVD in Australia. But I cannot find it anywhere!! Not even Ebay!! Does anyone know of anywhere? Thanks
Alexei123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 09:27   Link #431
xKeen

I'm in Malaysia,and the Darker than Black DVD I bought has direct translations from chinese,which of course,makes no sense.Anyone elsewhere in the world had this shitty subs prob?.I bought it from *** and it had the Original Sticker.I'm furious I spent my money on something I couldn't watch. Any recommendations from where and how to purchase anime DVD's from malaysia?I would prefer purchasing them from stores than on-line.

Sorry if this post is pointless or out of place.

Last edited by xris; 2009-09-19 at 10:01. Reason: Removed name of on-line store since it appears to sell bootlegs
xKeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 09:52   Link #432
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKeen View Post
I'm in Malaysia,and the Darker than Black DVD I bought has direct translations from chinese,which of course,makes no sense.Anyone elsewhere in the world had this shitty subs prob?.I bought it from *** and it had the Original Sticker.I'm furious I spent my money on something I couldn't watch. Any recommendations from where and how to purchase anime DVD's from malaysia?I would prefer purchasing them from stores than on-line.

Sorry if this post is pointless or out of place.
I assume that *** is some brick and mortar store, not sure what you are implying when you say it "had the Original Sticker". Who actually released the DVD? Does it have English subtitles, English dub track? Does it have a Japanese sound track? How many episodes are there on your DVD?

The official English DVDs have been released by Funimation, any other release will most likely be a bootleg. It certainly sounds like it is if you say it "has direct translations from chinese". Actually, what do you mean by that? How can you tell it has been translated from Chinese? Does it include Chinese subtitles (if so then more reason to suspect it is a bootleg). You should have a read of The generic "Is this a bootleg" thread

If you want an official release when find the Funimation release (if it helps, Madman is the distributor for Australia and NZ). Amazon Darker than Black.

Edit: I've found a Malaysian site for the shop you mention and all indications are you have purchased an illegal bootleg. That would explain the poor subtitles and translation.

Last edited by xris; 2009-09-19 at 10:01. Reason: Removed name of on-line store since it appears to sell bootlegs
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 22:00   Link #433
xKeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
I assume that *** is some brick and mortar store, not sure what you are implying when you say it "had the Original Sticker". Who actually released the DVD? Does it have English subtitles, English dub track? Does it have a Japanese sound track? How many episodes are there on your DVD?

The official English DVDs have been released by Funimation, any other release will most likely be a bootleg. It certainly sounds like it is if you say it "has direct translations from chinese". Actually, what do you mean by that? How can you tell it has been translated from Chinese? Does it include Chinese subtitles (if so then more reason to suspect it is a bootleg). You should have a read of The generic "Is this a bootleg" thread

If you want an official release when find the Funimation release (if it helps, Madman is the distributor for Australia and NZ). Amazon Darker than Black.

Edit: I've found a Malaysian site for the shop you mention and all indications are you have purchased an illegal bootleg. That would explain the poor subtitles and translation.
The anime DVD's imported goes through inspection and then if they are approved,they are provided stickers to prove that it is authentic.I know it is translated directly from chinese as my friend watched it in chinese(I know abit of chinese too).It had chinese and english subs,no english dub.Sorry for asking dumb questions/complaining . Thanks for the link,I'll check it out.

I bought Shikabane Hime from another store,with chinese,english and malay subs for a very low price,2 seasons and OST for the same price as DTB.And it was good,as in the subs and the quality.I'm not going back to that shitty store again =/
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...?t=107&page=19 Eczema's post kinda explains everything about Malaysia.

Last edited by xKeen; 2009-09-20 at 22:11.
xKeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 16:43   Link #434
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

For those of you who like there, the 99cent store is selling Inuyasha DVD's for .. 99 cents.

I also saw Death Note and Flame of Recca.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 14:54   Link #435
FireChick

Does anyone know where I can buy the DVD for Leave it to Piyoko volume 2? I can't find it anywhere.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 15:47   Link #436
Vivio Testarossa
I'm Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
Does anyone know where I can buy the DVD for Leave it to Piyoko volume 2? I can't find it anywhere.
I did a search and Amazon seems to be selling it: http://www.amazon.com/Leave-Piyoko-V...4775285&sr=8-7

This is what you are looking for right?

Thank for help with signature Evil Rick.
Vivio Testarossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 19:53   Link #437
FireChick

Yes, but it's rather expensive for a DVD containing four 15-minute long episodes.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 04:27   Link #438
demonix

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
Yes, but it's rather expensive for a DVD containing four 15-minute long episodes.
Well it's out of print which would mean it would end up being more expensive for the few new copies that are still out there.
Old 2009-11-18, 16:51   Link #439
EvaForever

Hey I wanted ask is there anyone here that has bought anime through Itunes,and is it worth it just what exactly are the differences between digital and dvd versions? Thanks.

(ex.do the digital versions contain a japanese subtitled version)

Last edited by EvaForever; 2009-11-22 at 13:22.
Old 2009-12-13, 18:19   Link #440
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I need to obtain Hayate the Combat Butler Vol 1-3 and Air Movie DVDs. The only problem is that DVD Pacific from recent knowledge moved their operations to New Jersey, so it will cost more since of tax. Should I just obtain them from Amazon or is there other legitimate places to obtain them.

Tags
anime dvd suggestions, anime movies, help finding an anime, manga, purchase, streaming anime