2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-08-12, 05:42   Link #441
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
I'm guessing failure is the only option here, in other words.
Still, there is no reason why the final episode can't timejump to the end of the TV series when the Loli Triumvirate is formed. The Euro Loli will be introduced properly for the first time in Akito, after all.
Old 2012-08-12, 23:00   Link #442
azul120

Lol.

Been awhile since it was Suzaku who was the spanner. 4 years infact, lol.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 21:00   Link #443
gordol
Banned

http://live.b-ch.com/b-bv

They will show the first 10 minutes in HQ on the 8/17, don't know if it's the same already available
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 10:53   Link #444
Golos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
Well, the racist officer menaced Leylawith the gun for betrayal in the truth is like are really the japanese army officers in the present day, the japan defence force have a 100% obedience rate because like Usa there's the death penalty.
The suicide mission was a order of the headquarter to cover the army retreat.
In fact nobody contested together with Leyla, but another officer just taked the place when her knocked down the first one, but a useless sequence at last, because all japan pilot are dead already excluding Akito.

I was in the army and I visited a lot of places, so for a different and more occidental realistic sequence, instead to menace to kill with the gun, that officer could order to arrest Leyla and take her away from the command room.
And after, IF nobody obey that order (so a positive opinion about Leyla words), the officer could go mad and take the gun and Leyla disarm him.

Instead we seen a complete japan army order sequence like in the reality, they're too much obsessed by the perfection and you don't imagine what's happen when there's a sort of "black sheep" on their organization.
Code Geass is alternate history, not even good alternate history, but nonetheless acknowledged alternate history, which means that you should not expect alternate *Europeans being the same as Europeans in our world and not have different traditions and customs, unless you have good reasons to believe that they should have developed and end up similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The Euro Loli will be introduced properly for the first time in Akito, after all.
Was her introduction in Akito confirmed?
Golos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 11:41   Link #445
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golos View Post
Code Geass is alternate history, not even good alternate history, but nonetheless acknowledged alternate history, which means that you should not expect alternate *Europeans being the same as Europeans in our world and not have different traditions and customs, unless you have good reasons to believe that they should have developed and end up similar.
But at the same time they can't pretend all the world is Japan.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 14:15   Link #446
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golos View Post
Was her introduction in Akito confirmed?
Japanese twitter by someone making Akito supposedly confirmed it. Not that much of a shock, it is expected.
Quote:
But at the same time they can't pretend all the world is Japan.
Above all else, Akito, like the CG TV series, is meant for Japanese Audiences. Any moral message is intended for the Japanese, and not Europeans. This is not a show about bashing The French.
Old 2012-08-15, 16:20   Link #447
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

However, considering the sunrise products will be purchased by usa and some europe states...to show something of occidental can help the export trade.
Old 2012-08-16, 14:23   Link #448
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
However, considering the sunrise products will be purchased by usa and some europe states...to show something of occidental can help the export trade.
Why? The only people who would buy it are those who want to buy a Japanese product. It would be as silly as hoping to sell Kimonos overseas by using American Flag patterns.

Japan does not CARE about Western markets, especially since the boom was over.
Old 2012-08-16, 15:14   Link #449
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

All depends by the products, a lot of anime are purchased by Europe in the last two years.
Old 2012-08-16, 17:55   Link #450
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
All depends by the products, a lot of anime are purchased by Europe in the last two years.
Still doesn't matter. Not enough money to be worth caring about. Unless you donate directly to the show's production, the Japanese audience is still the main customer.
Old 2012-08-16, 18:15   Link #451
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Europe has been buying anime for broadcast since at least the 80s (if not the 70s, I can only speak for my country here) and that hasn't made much of a difference to production back in Japan then why would it make now?

Anime makers don't want to go international, they just don't care much. Our hopes rest with stuff like Crunchyroll that makes some money off subscriptions and advertising on simulcasts.
Old 2012-08-17, 07:32   Link #452
Xander

Not entirely unexpected, given their update trends, but they've just posted the second part of the interview with the director. It appears there might be a third one in the future too, at least.

http://www.geass.jp/akito/interview.html
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 11:48   Link #453
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Here's the translation of the second part of the interview! No spoilers, unfortunately, but we do learn a few interesting things, including the directors interest in Suzaku.

Quote:
Interview with Director Akane Kazuki (Second Part)

Aiming for the pure literature-like factor found in shoujo manga

-Irino Miyu-san and Sakamoto Maaya-san have appeared in your past works, but what was the deciding factor for the castings this time?

I thought that, with it being a short four chapters this time, the chapters and actors wouldn’t be able to grow together. So I wanted people that presented roles they wanted to have right from the beginning to perform. So I requested Irino-san for Akito, Maaya-san for Reila, and many others for the roles of the main characters. Since before, I have felt that Irino-san’s voice had a very cool and philosophic-about-the-world atmosphere. Irino-san’s impression as an ordinary boy role may be strong, but I decided to request Irino-san for Akito as a very natural conclusion. Sakamoto-san also has a good acting sense, but most of all the reason I requested her was because I felt that something noble and strong-willed in her voice. In terms of people who have that “princess”-feeling voice that have those two qualities and who can act in a drama, there wasn’t anyone else besides Sakamoto-san for me.

-Were also characters that had their roles filled by deciding through auditions?

Thanks to Hino Satoshi, Sayama Ryou came out as more pure than simply being a hooligan and he became a much more fascinating character. Naruse Yukiya’s Matsuoka Yoshitsugu-san accurately grasped the character of Yukiya in a short time and increased the character’s presence. Also, Kosaka Ayano’s Hikasa Yoko-san acted as a mysterious girl. It will be fun to see how the Ayano’s character will grow from now on.

-What was it like to direct characters made by CLAMP?

These characters have such an incredible beauty, and a power that just makes you understand with just a glance that “This is the protagonist! This is the heroine!”. If I had to describe it, it’s that their eyes convey such strong emotions. CLAMP drew these characters with a very strong sense of presence. I like the good old pure literature-like factor found in shoujo manga, and I feel that CLAMP’s characters have a good compatibility with my own such portion.

-The pure literature-like factor of shoujo manga?

That’s right. I think that the themes in shoujo manga, which until now has asked questions like “What kind of person am I?” and “Is it okay for to live?”, have greater affinity with anime media than live action themes. So, the attractive and fascinating thing of CLAMP’s characters is that they have both a shounen manga-feel and a shoujo manga-feel. “Lelouch of the Rebellion” was made with a focus on the shounen manga-like aspect, but I wanted to make “Akito the Exiled” to be closer to a shoujo manga-like aspect.

-There were also a lot of cuts which showed striking scenery like the city of Paris.

Since it was that environment that shaped the characters, I naturally wanted to reliably show those kinds of scenery. Also, I wanted to emphasize Europe as the stage setting, unlike [Lelouch of the Rebellion]. Though, when shown like this, I felt that Japan and Europe are surprisingly similar, in that various buildings that really felt historical are mixed in among the modern scenery. It really is a different than the artificial feel that America has.

-The appearance of C.C. and Suzaku has been announced for Chapter 2.

I'm interested in the character of Suzaku in [Lelouch of the Rebellion]. Though he’s the son of the Japanese Prime minister, he became a soldier of the Holy Britannian Empire which conquered his homeland. He always has to face that contradiction, and furthermore learns that his best friend Lelouch is Zero. I think that that pain is on a level that others can’t understand at all. That's why I will make the anguish-filled Suzaku…Ah, if I say anymore, I’ll be giving away spoilers. (Laugh)

-(Laugh) How soon will we see Chapter 2?

I’d like to do my best so that it can be shown in the first half of next year. I hope you’ll all await in anticipation of it.
Well, it seems that Suzaku will be getting quite a prominent role in the next chapter. Hopefully we'll be able to see it as early as he says.

Last edited by Eternal Dreamer; 2012-08-17 at 18:40.
Eternal Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 14:25   Link #454
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Reading the interview, seems Kazuki never seen the original code geass.

This can be a good or a bad, the future will give a answer.
Old 2012-08-17, 14:38   Link #455
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

What on earth makes you say that? Rather, from what he says, he seems to know Code Geass very well. He may have different opinions about it, but nowhere do I see any lack of knowledge.
Old 2012-08-17, 14:47   Link #456
konart

>that his best Lelouch

Old 2012-08-17, 18:35   Link #457
wredsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
>that his best Lelouch

oh come on , you and I and everyone else know it is meant as "that his best friend Lelouch"

wredsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 18:40   Link #458
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by wredsa View Post
oh come on , you and I and everyone else know it is meant as "that his best friend Lelouch"

Oops. Corrected that just now, sorry. Funny how small mistakes can change a sentence.
Old 2012-08-17, 21:33   Link #459
Destined_Fate

Ayano as the mysterious girl... I wonder what they will do with her since she's slated for growth.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 04:12   Link #460
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Japan does not CARE about Western markets, especially since the boom was over.
[citation needed]
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote