AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-11-13, 07:00   Link #6461
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
The internet is a brutally honest place; there isn't much left for politeness. Those who can't take it should just stay off the internet, go out and take a walk.
Maybe so, but youtube's comments are infamous for how bad they are. Just read the comments on the moon landing video. Or better yet, don't.

Makes 4chan look like poetry.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 16:45   Link #6462
Dextro
He Without a Title

Ok, here's a tough one: how will I explain to my 50 year old dad what a computer role playing game is? Do bare in mind that the last computer games he played were running off tape on a ZX Spectrum.
Old 2012-11-13, 17:31   Link #6463
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
^ At some point Youtube asked you if you wanted to use your G+ name as your youtube name.

From the looks of things you said yes since I just looked at mine and it was set to 'no'.
For some people it was automatically set to "yes". May have been some A/B test; youtube has a lot of those.
Old 2012-11-13, 21:05   Link #6464
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Ok, here's a tough one: how will I explain to my 50 year old dad what a computer role playing game is? Do bare in mind that the last computer games he played were running off tape on a ZX Spectrum.
Sit him down, have him create a character and stand back (well, give him a hand with control UI)

Seriously, a verbal description would just fail. But I'll try anyway: "Imagine a book/movie where you have control of one of the characters and your decisions actually changes the plot of the book/movie."
Old 2012-11-13, 21:08   Link #6465
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Uhmm... Do want to make him understand "What a Computer Role Playing game is?or you just want to teach him "How to Play a Computer Role Playing game?"

I think the first one is pretty easy.

But about second...

Make him play with a joy stick first.. then PS controller before the Computer's keyboard. About the choice of computer games, choose games like Counter Strike (too old game?) or bad assed Call of Duty. Shooting games will activate his inner drive and sooner or later he may end up staying in your room shouting "Yeah, who's your Dad!!! Me!!!"...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 04:37   Link #6466
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Sit him down, have him create a character and stand back (well, give him a hand with control UI)

Seriously, a verbal description would just fail. But I'll try anyway: "Imagine a book/movie where you have control of one of the characters and your decisions actually changes the plot of the book/movie."
Go bring out the old pen-paper D&D, and say that it is the computer version of it.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 13:24   Link #6467
willx
Nyaaan~~

So I feel silly asking this here as a 29-year old.. but this always bugged me when I was a kid. So here it is.. You know when you're asked to close your eyes and imagine an image? .. I can't do that. When I close my eyes and try to imagine something fixed, random images and things would appear.. Does this happen to anyone else?

For example, I just tried to close my eyes and imagine a fluffy cloud in a blue sky. While trying to fix that image in my head, the cloud shifted sideways and revealed a giant upside down dog head in a Monty Python-ish style.. I'm not crazy, I swear..

Reply hazy, ask again later
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 17:31   Link #6468
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
So I feel silly asking this here as a 29-year old.. but this always bugged me when I was a kid. So here it is.. You know when you're asked to close your eyes and imagine an image? .. I can't do that. When I close my eyes and try to imagine something fixed, random images and things would appear.. Does this happen to anyone else?

For example, I just tried to close my eyes and imagine a fluffy cloud in a blue sky. While trying to fix that image in my head, the cloud shifted sideways and revealed a giant upside down dog head in a Monty Python-ish style.. I'm not crazy, I swear..

You have a creative mind my friend. Sometimes, the more you focus the more thoughts will enter your mind...

That's why I doubt that one could even clear him/her mind when doing meditations.
Old 2012-11-15, 02:22   Link #6469
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

How do you explain to someone in layman's terms, that returned/damaged goods are also considered part of inventory management and add to operating costs, to someone who is interested in streamlining his workplace rather than just forcing his subordinates to do things they can't?

Is there a specific concept map for this in any LSCM textbook?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-11-15, 09:44   Link #6470
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
How do you explain to someone in layman's terms, that returned/damaged goods are also considered part of inventory management and add to operating costs, to someone who is interested in streamlining his workplace rather than just forcing his subordinates to do things they can't?

Is there a specific concept map for this in any LSCM textbook?
This is what I think you're looking for: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_logistics

Although, from a purely financial standpoint, we look at returns from a receivables perspective. In particular with regards to chargebacks and reversals, you're dealing with managing the quality of your receivables profile.

willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 17:34   Link #6471
BossNoval
Different & Unique~

i want to ask, is there anyone here from france?
and if it's not bothering you guys, i also want to know what is the news site (like bbc, nytimes) that comes in french

i've studying french recently, and because i also want to improve my skill of language, i want to force myself to learning french by browsing tee hee

regards, au revoir. pardon for crappy english

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-11-19 at 19:10.
BossNoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 04:58   Link #6472
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossNoval View Post
i want to ask, is there anyone here from france?

A moderator recently posted a Quantcast profile of AnimeSuki members, but I don't remember where it is at the moment. I believe we have a significant number of French members, but I don't recall the exact figure.

Quote:

and if it's not bothering you guys, i also want to know what is the news site (like bbc, nytimes) that comes in french
That's a good question. I don't know what type of news you're looking for, but you could try Agence France-Presse for a start.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-11-19 at 19:10.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 05:06   Link #6473
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
This is what I think you're looking for: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_logistics

Although, from a purely financial standpoint, we look at returns from a receivables perspective. In particular with regards to chargebacks and reversals, you're dealing with managing the quality of your receivables profile.

RTO is probably the thing I am looking for. Another question though, with regards to the "proper quality checks", is there a book or an advisors' guideline for it?

Old 2012-11-17, 04:41   Link #6474
HasuMasu
*Artist

So I've decided not to put up with my netbook's battery again, is it alright to just leave the battery off indefinitely?

I know what happens to the battery if you do that, my concern here is the netbook.
Old 2012-11-17, 04:49   Link #6475
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
So I've decided not to put up with my netbook's battery again, is it alright to just leave the battery off indefinitely?

I know what happens to the battery if you do that, my concern here is the netbook.

What happens with the battery?

Anyway.. I rarely use my netbook's battery currently... since I save it for blackouts. I only attached it fear of unexpected blackouts during downloads.....
Old 2012-11-17, 06:03   Link #6476
HasuMasu
*Artist

The battery dies randomly, this can happen anytime after it goes below 50% so I don't like using it anymore.

EDIT: Disregard my previous question, something happened and there's nothing I can do now.

Last edited by HasuMasu; 2012-11-17 at 06:22.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 16:59   Link #6477
BossNoval
Different & Unique~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post

A moderator recently posted a Quantcast profile of AnimeSuki members, but I don't remember where it is at the moment. I believe we have a significant number of French members, but I don't recall the exact figure.

That's a good question. I don't know what type of news you're looking for, but you could try Agence France-Presse for a start.
waah, sorry for very late reply and thank you so much your information!

i'm looking for the world news actually so that site is already right on my way

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-11-19 at 19:12.
BossNoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 17:37   Link #6478
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
waah, sorry for very late reply and thank you so much your information!
i'll try to contact them

i'm looking for the world news actually so that site is already right on my way
I'm not a French-speaker but I recall France 24 as a French news network.
Old 2012-11-19, 21:27   Link #6479
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
The battery dies randomly, this can happen anytime after it goes below 50% so I don't like using it anymore.

EDIT: Disregard my previous question, something happened and there's nothing I can do now.
My condolence man...
Old 2012-11-21, 01:53   Link #6480
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I have a question. what is the name of the test/analyse method which you take the biggest item out of the group to see whether other items significant amongst themselves?

Like let's say 20 studied groups spent 1,000,000$ for gambling each year. But Group A with highest spent already used 800,000$ a year for gambling. So while Group B spent only 50,000$, 5% of the total and right at average amongst 20 groups; they actually spent as much as 25% out of the remaining 19 groups(after take out A).

I want to say: "Based on XYZ testing method and take out the largest item (group A), group B showed a real significant contribution to gambling problem in the community". Something like that. It really sounds like sensitive test, but i'm not sure if it is one

Tags
problem, q&a, serious