AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sakurasou

Notices

View Poll Results: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 12 34.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 11.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 25.71%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 17.14%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 5.71%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.86%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.86%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-12, 09:55   Link #21
garbage

sheesh Misaki WTF? was that sand castle! is that even possible? its more than twice her height, to do that in kindergarten during playtime??. Man that would really make you feel like sh*t competing with her >.<. And that Middle school exam results 1 vs 19(hey! what's Netero doing there, It's a secret Hunter School! ), and worse "you were always disappointed..."&" your scripts just aren't good enough, they don't make me excited" I feel for jin, no wonder he acts like that.... somehow i feel fuuka's pain too. those feelings sorata and the others are feeling are probably double for her as a sibling. I'm sure the parents didn't intend it to feel like favoritism, but that essentially what happens, like with that new camera thing.

ah but good end..he Manned up " 4 years! I'll be good enough for Kamiigusa Misaki to request me."
and finally!!!! "just something to keep guys away..." tsundere to the end?

what's with that end shot of the entrance exam results, and Sorata glancing at it ...I think Yuuko really did pass, or maybe provisional pass???

mashiro,cute as ever is the one that delivers the comedy this episode and it was good, great timing with that deadpan execution.

poor teachers ^^ at least the gang's kind enough to leave a note for the janitors

and so we get to the last arc?(of this season) with that reveal/announcement. mmm sudden down >.<
---------
replies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
But I do feel the resolution was a bit quick this time.
I actually feel the opposite , this situation has been there for the longest time, and their resolution was slowly (agonizing at times) moving ever since the opening episodes. this was just the final step of a long long long walk to resolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Also, I hope Sorata isn't leading himself to more trouble with Mashiro. Is he really going to get uncomfortable and start thinking its her art that's selling his game and not the game itself?
thought that too,but then I think he matured a bit here, cause He felt secure enough to be able to ask Mashiro for help, the Old Sorata wouldn't have done that. Also he seems more at ease while talking with the game developer at the high end hotel lobby( what's his name again? > I think this guy will play a role in saving Sakurasou if ever they try). Still his hesitation at the start indicates there might still be lingering doubts with regards to Mashiro

Last edited by garbage; 2013-02-12 at 09:58. Reason: replies
Old 2013-02-12, 10:41   Link #22
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Why do you keep posting totally inaccurate summaries? Are you just watching it raw and trying to figure out what went on during the episode without actually knowing what's being said?
I've found that part of the fun is reading those summaries and then watching the episode to see just how wrong it is.

As for the episode itself... Meh. It was overall decent, but felt lacking. I could've done without the fistfight in the rooftop and the "Sakurasou's goin' down!" at the end of the episode.
The former because I couldn't really "feel" it. I honestly feel the scene would've worked just fine with the two of them shouting at one another. And the latter because we didn't even get a minute of "Phew, things are finally solved!" before the next bomb was dropped.

Cliffhangers. Yay.

But at least those two (Jin&Misaki) got their feelings sorted out. About damn time. Even if I can't agree with the things that Jin did to this point, at least you know he means business when he pulls that ring. Good on him.

Last edited by Dark Faith; 2013-02-12 at 10:49. Reason: Typos.
Old 2013-02-12, 11:40   Link #23
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Jin and Misaki's plot thread was finally resolved, and in a pretty good manner at that. For the first time, I could finally understand how Jin felt when Misaki told him his scripts suck. He's known that all along, so no wonder he had such an inferiority complex. I'm still not sure why he has to be her artistic equal to be in a relationship with her though. What happens if he doesn't improve enough? There are some barriers studying can't overcome.

Ah well, at least everybody is happy for the time being. WAIT, nope. Chihiro just had to announce that now. Impeccable timing. This "twist" feels a bit contrived. It's a rather cheap way to create more drama.
Old 2013-02-12, 11:52   Link #24
sikvod00

^ Yeah, the whole "wait 4 years and I'll be a scriptwriter worthy of you" is an odd mentality to have in a relationship. But I assume he actually does want to become a scriptwriter of his own accord, and it isn't just about trying prove his "worth" with Misaki. I hope that's the case, because as you said, this show has clearly depicted that ultra-talented individuals like Mashiro and Misaki are impossible to "overcome" with hard work and effort. You can't beat them, but I only accept the situation, accept your own limits. and move forward without being discouraged. It's not like they need to be working together in order to be together either. I also agree that the backstory really showed how Jin could have grown such inferiority complex. And the sister is just so pitiful.
Old 2013-02-12, 13:14   Link #25
HandofFate

As mentioned, I think an issue is going to come up where Sorata feels he's just getting by with his game design purely on Mashiro's art sketches.

Immature or not, I see it as being a natural mental backlash.

During the first screening, it was just one picture to help. But at the 2nd meeting, its now taking the place of the centerpiece. We all know Sorata has an inferiority complex right now with Mashiro. So he's going to doubt himself again. That the game is clearing the stages not because of his hardwork in designing the game, but because the art and graphics look amazing that was designed by genius artist Mashiro.
Old 2013-02-12, 16:43   Link #26
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
^ Yeah, the whole "wait 4 years and I'll be a scriptwriter worthy of you" is an odd mentality to have in a relationship. But I assume he actually does want to become a scriptwriter of his own accord, and it isn't just about trying prove his "worth" with Misaki. I hope that's the case, because as you said, this show has clearly depicted that ultra-talented individuals like Mashiro and Misaki are impossible to "overcome" with hard work and effort. You can't beat them, but I only accept the situation, accept your own limits. and move forward without being discouraged. It's not like they need to be working together in order to be together either. I also agree that the backstory really showed how Jin could have grown such inferiority complex. And the sister is just so pitiful.

But the difference is Jin isn't trying to beat Misaki; he's trying to be a worthy script writer to her. This was something he wants to do for her, but also something that he wants for himself- This is his dream.
Old 2013-02-12, 17:05   Link #27
sikvod00

Yeah, I didn't mean to use the word "beat" in that sentence; it's clearly not a competition. Like I said, I hope scriptwriting really is Jin's dream or personal ambition because otherwise what he's doing is kind of dumb and doesn't help to get rid of that inferiority complex.
Old 2013-02-12, 19:58   Link #28
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
thought that too,but then I think he matured a bit here, cause He felt secure enough to be able to ask Mashiro for help, the Old Sorata wouldn't have done that. Also he seems more at ease while talking with the game developer at the high end hotel lobby( what's his name again? > I think this guy will play a role in saving Sakurasou if ever they try). Still his hesitation at the start indicates there might still be lingering doubts with regards to Mashiro
Yeah, it's a good sign that he managed to shove those feelings to the side and still ask for Mashiro's help on that. I just hope it's actually dealing with it and just just burying it for it to come up in a Sorata-like explosion later...

With Sakurasou in line to get shut down there are a few plot threads hanging out. I'm curious to see what gets tackled first and how they might interact. Have Nanami's results upcoming, Sorata's work with that game designer (who could tie into saving Sakurasou), of course the Mashiro/Sorata/Nanami situation in general, Rita/Dragon, and probably other things I can't recall off the top of my head.
Old 2013-02-12, 20:23   Link #29
ion475
にこにこにー

Well...

1. Jin x Misaki is more or less resolved.
2. Sakurasou facing wrecking ball. Time-wise, I'm not sure whether they'll move into Vol. 6 now with 6 episodes to go and the story in that volume, at max, can be animated into 3 episodes (even 2 is enough)
3. Okay, there's still Sorata's game development, Nanami's result...will see whether they'll follow original LN here.
4. A certain imouto appears again. Not enough Ogura Yui...
Old 2013-02-12, 20:25   Link #30
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
Well...

1. Jin x Misaki is more or less resolved.
2. Sakurasou facing wrecking ball. Time-wise, I'm not sure whether they'll move into Vol. 6 now with 6 episodes to go and the story in that volume, at max, can be animated into 3 episodes (even 2 is enough)
3. Okay, there's still Sorata's game development, Nanami's result...will see whether they'll follow original LN here.
4. A certain imouto appears again. Not enough Ogura Yui...

Quick question ion; is everything still 'just as intended'?
Old 2013-02-13, 02:55   Link #31
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Jin and Misaki's plot thread was finally resolved, and in a pretty good manner at that. For the first time, I could finally understand how Jin felt when Misaki told him his scripts suck. He's known that all along, so no wonder he had such an inferiority complex. I'm still not sure why he has to be her artistic equal to be in a relationship with her though. What happens if he doesn't improve enough? There are some barriers studying can't overcome.

Ah well, at least everybody is happy for the time being. WAIT, nope. Chihiro just had to announce that now. Impeccable timing. This "twist" feels a bit contrived. It's a rather cheap way to create more drama.
Simple. At his current talent level, he's afraid of dragging down her career in the long run. He wants to contribute to Misaki's talent.

No kidding... Can't she wait until graduation to bring up the news. I am guessing the next episodes would be about stopping the demolition using their talents.
Old 2013-02-13, 02:57   Link #32
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
I am guessing the next episodes would be about stopping the demolition using their talents.

...Why do they need to do that though? Can't they just move to another dorm? Plus it's not like they're being kicked out of school.
Old 2013-02-13, 03:52   Link #33
tsunade666

Good episode with good brofist fight/talk then the marriage proposal. Such sweet and fun episode that also makes me want to cheer for NanamixSorata more but... well reality bites.

The ending with Sakurasou being demolished just fell out of the blue that I don't see that coming. Renovation? demolition to build new structure?
Old 2013-02-13, 04:42   Link #34
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...Why do they need to do that though? Can't they just move to another dorm? Plus it's not like they're being kicked out of school.
Sentimental value is one reason. Another is that they are more or less too much to handle for normal lodgings.
Old 2013-02-13, 07:58   Link #35
Haiprbim
Banned

It was an amazing episode, I'm really happy for Misaki-senpai! :D
Old 2013-02-13, 14:48   Link #36
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Yes, I'm just thrilled on Misaki's behalf. They got across her emotion very well. Of course, a ring will do that. Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
They need to live somewhere together. They could take over a building and create a "New Sakurasou." But moving in with a bunch of normal students and normal rules would be a disaster. Anyway, the announcement was made with a smile, so I'm not sure this is as serious a problem as it appears.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2013-02-13, 21:25   Link #37
backbone
Banned

Oh well, finally Jin X Misaki problem solved in this eps, seeing their indecisiveness being dragged on for too long was such an eyesore. And i have to cheer on sorata for slapping some sense on Jin (although he got beaten afterward), because he's the one to blame the most about all this mess all this time
Old 2013-02-14, 09:01   Link #38
Megacrash Gr
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
Kinda agreed with Jin, their Juniors are nosy towards other people's business. It's was well worth though, Jin and Misaki finally got to talk things out and Sorata got the beat down.
Old 2013-02-14, 12:53   Link #39
thor94

For sorata, i think in the next episodes, his relationship with shiina would be deteriorate.
We notice in game design meeting, that fujisawa is rather interested in shiina skills than sorata game. And sorata feel this when fujisawa express him asking to shiina draw more artworks for next audition (for sorata, it is as if fuji said "without shiina art skills your game will be turned down")
Old 2013-02-14, 16:46   Link #40
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That fight was definitely over the top and needlessly cliché but the rest of still nice. I think we just have to accept that Jin and Misaki have a special relationship in that Jin really does need to be on Misaki's level in order for them to be happy with each other. I think the reason it's a bit hard to accept is because the story didn't really show us how much scriptwriting was a part of Jin and how much animation was a part of Misaki. All the focus went into their relationship without really touching upon their individual personalities in a substantial way.
Closed Thread