AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-01-13, 10:10   Link #181
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

I'd hate to go as far as stating there were problems with the animation, more than I have clearly seen higher quality animation in the past. I get use to it, then notice, when it is absent. I won't be able to clarify what I'm trying to explain as I lack complete artistic expression. In older episodes the color was brilliant, vibrant, screen shots flowed smoother and less jerky. I know sometimes shots are designed to be frozen as that is how they are drawn in manga, but the movement of the mouths and eyes are in more detailed in some episodes and in some they are just pretty lame, when compared. If there was endless time and money available I'm sure no one would notice, but that's not the case. Details cost money. Bother

It's like having a 4 cylinder car and then moving up to a 6, then a eight cylinder car... you get use to the performance and then, you can't stand driving a 4 cylinder after you are use to the 8! They all get you where you need to be, but now it's hard to take the slower acceleration and lack of performance of the four. (I'm not talking about RX7's vs. a hemi, just figuratively)

Every animation company from large to small makes decisions on this stuff. Time, money, creative flow all factors in to quality allowed. It's something a lot of people noticed, but it isn't like it's another Sakura flashback (annoying) After you see better quality, you get accustomed to it, but I still love watching it! Naruto is about the story, not the color it's in. Think about it, the manga is great and is NOT in color and it doesn't move, so any animation is cool to me!

I love Naruto Gosh, I hope the animation is top notch in the hour special! I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, I'm just making an observation. I can't even color in the lines or make a decent stick figure! Very sad

How the hell could this thread been read over 11,000 times!

Last edited by pathyfinder; 2004-01-13 at 16:15.
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-13, 18:10   Link #182
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
people hit refresh too much.... how is it that the GIF thread has more posts than What a character would never say *cries* we must make up for the scores pf idiots asking for gifs!
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-13, 20:51   Link #183
multi
meu meu meu

This episode had quite a lack of animation if anyone noticed.. Like when Kakashi is talking you can't even see his face mask move, and the rest of the episode is pretty dead too. I don't know about everyone else, but this was a big let down for me.. Even with such a good series as Naruto, with a few more episodes like that the series just loses a lot of style.

Maybe it's because the animators are over-worked.
multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-14, 12:18   Link #184
chImp

Is it just me or did Sakura look like she was handicaped or something?
chImp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-14, 12:19   Link #185
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Quote:
Originally Posted by chImp
Is it just me or did Sakura look like she was handicaped or something?
Nothing new there, though
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-14, 12:26   Link #186
chImp

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyArea
Nothing new there, though
That's true, but it looked REALLY bad this ep (everything did tho, damned artists).
chImp is offline   Reply With Quote