AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Old 2010-07-27, 13:44   Link #1181
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
You know, this is actually something that's bugged me in anime... do bathroom doors in Japan not have locks? It seems like whenever a girl wants to join a guy in a bath, or a guy wants to peek in an anime, they never have to deal with locks. I'm pretty sure I could figure out how unlock both of the bathrooms in my house from the outside with just a minute's work and the right tools, but it's not like I could just barge in.
Traditional housing in Japan rarely has locks, even on the front door (yes, crime is that low despite the frantic reporting on the same crime over and over on Japanese news). You'll notice in many homes portrayed, people can walk right in the front door if they think they're expected - they just call out "Ojama shimasu" or "Shitsurei shimasu". They then wait in the entry or drop off the package, etc. Roughly the same applies to the bathing/toilet areas.

Typically, the more western-style or modern the house - the more likely there will be locks.
Old 2010-07-27, 14:10   Link #1182
Itlandm
Porcupine

I am pretty sure a hotel that caters to English visitors has locks aplenty, but she might still have forgotten to lock the door out of habit... It is not like her not locking the door necessarily means "please peek anyway". Well, in theory I mean. There seems to be some divergent opinion on this between the main characters...
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 15:35   Link #1183
msg

Can't blame junichi for not peeking.how would he know? Her action contradict of what she wants and feelings.She should at least give Junichi a hint...female is such a complicated creature ^

Most likely she doesn't lock the door on purpose...all according to her plan ^
Old 2010-07-27, 15:41   Link #1184
Ansalem
Speaker

In addition to the other pertinent information about locks in the above posts, the majority of people I know don't lock bathroom doors at all, even if there is a lock, so it's not that unreasonable for characters in shows to be able to walk in if they want to.
Old 2010-07-27, 17:39   Link #1185
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Traditional housing in Japan rarely has locks, even on the front door (yes, crime is that low despite the frantic reporting on the same crime over and over on Japanese news). You'll notice in many homes portrayed, people can walk right in the front door if they think they're expected - they just call out "Ojama shimasu" or "Shitsurei shimasu". They then wait in the entry or drop off the package, etc. Roughly the same applies to the bathing/toilet areas.

Typically, the more western-style or modern the house - the more likely there will be locks.
It must be nice to have the respect of privacy in a house...my little brother waltz in whenever he wants, the little punk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
Can't blame junichi for not peeking.how would he know? Her action contradict of what she wants and feelings.She should at least give Junichi a hint...female is such a complicated creature ^

Most likely she doesn't lock the door on purpose...all according to her plan ^
A female is most complicated, and Haruka is on the top of the list. Her personality already pre-determined her to be difficult. Luckily Junichi broke down her wall so chances are there are easier sailing after that.
Old 2010-07-27, 20:00   Link #1186
ueXia

Because without this Amagami SS wouldn't be what it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAavG...os=oT4ZnmSn064

Last edited by ueXia; 2010-07-27 at 20:11.
ueXia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 21:16   Link #1187
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ueXia View Post
Because without this Amagami SS wouldn't be what it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAavG...os=oT4ZnmSn064

That one's been posted before, but yeah pretty nice sync.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 21:20   Link #1188
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I've been wanting to post that for a while. Now's as good a time as any, I guess.

Spoiler for Amagami of the dead:
El O' El.

That made my day night, thanks. I can now die sleep in peace.

It's old but you can't deny that the miya can can is super awesome!
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 23:01   Link #1189
Midonin
Last Engage

It's time once again for me to acknowledge creative CD cover design when I see it. While the anime OP cover is extremely basic (outdoor shot, six heroines), the EDs are doing something fairly clever.

Haruka ED - look in the upper-middle. You can see Kaoru sitting there, back turned, just wandering into the shot.

Kaoru ED - Zoom in, rotate camera a few degrees, she now comes to prominence. The trend continues, as you can see something vaguely Sae-shaped in the window in the upper-right.

I shall resume this feature once I get more CD covers.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 23:21   Link #1190
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Kaoru's leg /slur
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 23:24   Link #1191
msg

oh wow...that is Sae alright.It followed the anime heroines sequence.Noticed haruka is not there where she's sitting at kaoru's cover pic.look at haruka pic.It felt like you jumping to one parallel universe to another..very existential like...kinda creepy actually.
Old 2010-07-28, 00:05   Link #1192
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
It's time once again for me to acknowledge creative CD cover design when I see it. While the anime OP cover is extremely basic (outdoor shot, six heroines), the EDs are doing something fairly clever.

Haruka ED - look in the upper-middle. You can see Kaoru sitting there, back turned, just wandering into the shot.

Kaoru ED - Zoom in, rotate camera a few degrees, she now comes to prominence. The trend continues, as you can see something vaguely Sae-shaped in the window in the upper-right.

I shall resume this feature once I get more CD covers.
They get points for cleverness ... how minor shifts in point of view can completely change the future.
Old 2010-07-28, 01:33   Link #1193
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
They get points for cleverness ... how minor shifts in point of view can completely change the future.
I wonder if that's how the arcs will change.

For example: Tachibana is still on Haruka's arc route, but instead of meeting her on the hallway, he makes a left along the way, ends up in the classroom and meets Kaoru instead. From then on, the story has shifted to a different path (Kaoru's this time), thereby avoiding a recap from the very beginning, and at the same time emulating a visual novel approach to branching storylines.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 02:13   Link #1194
coolasj19
TSG : Gaming For A Cause

I just realized why I like Kaoru so much after hanging out with my friends I haven't seen in two months ( for good reason ). 2 of my girl friends have the same hairstyle. And every time they change it to straightened I bug them until they change it back cause I like the messy curly hair so much better.

Thank guys for helping me realize that :P
coolasj19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 03:26   Link #1195
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Kaoru's leg /slur
*___*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post

For example: Tachibana is still on Haruka's arc route, but instead of meeting her on the hallway, he makes a left along the way, ends up in the classroom and meets Kaoru instead. From then on, the story has shifted to a different path (Kaoru's this time), thereby avoiding a recap from the very beginning, and at the same time emulating a visual novel approach to branching storylines.
I highly doubt it . Though it would be fun if this happened.
Old 2010-07-28, 06:26   Link #1196
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I love what they're doing with the CD covers. Pretty clever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post

I like this idea. I think there's a good chance something like that will happen.
Old 2010-07-28, 07:02   Link #1197
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I love what they're doing with the CD covers. Pretty clever.

I like this idea. I think there's a good chance something like that will happen.
That would be freaking brilliant. Definitely something no one has done before.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 08:04   Link #1198
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

You can barely make out who is on Kaoru's cover. That's not very fair. And there isn't enough emphasis on her hair. Booo.
Old 2010-07-28, 09:09   Link #1199
Pkdor999

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
You can barely make out who is on Kaoru's cover. That's not very fair. And there isn't enough emphasis on her hair. Booo.
Yes you can!!!, just watch the promotional image of the series were all the girls are in an staircase (see the order from top to bot) and you will know who is in that window.

Here is the image im talking about (sorry i didnt find a better link):
Pkdor999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 09:31   Link #1200
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

I think the best indication to know the order of the girl is

Spoiler for erm.. might be spoilerish..:

EDIT : Everytime i hear this song, can't stop thinking about Kaoru. I think i fell for alot of girls in galges before, but no one makes me feel like what i am now.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, seinen, shounen