AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2007-09-08, 21:00   Link #61
StrawberryKitten
It's Misuzu.

shes really good.. really x__x
StrawberryKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-15, 08:13   Link #62
clowezra
Maho!

Send a message via AIM to clowezra Send a message via MSN to clowezra
Utada Hikaru is pretty good.=D I loved Ultra Blue.=o Be My Last is probably my favorite song by her...and I liked it more than passion, anyways.
clowezra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 07:27   Link #63
SaMaR

I like utada ..

It's my Favorite woman ^^

she is cute ^_^ and very beautiful ^__<
SaMaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 13:04   Link #64
aki/kaze/shi
Without Love

Location: Locked up in my room, in fears the neighbours will infest my house with....GRASSHOPPERS.
lol, I like her singing. I just recently found her, like, yesterday. I like "I Love You". That's sung by her, right? Aw well, so she does the singing for the KH games? Or just the second? lol, I'll go find out. I love her voice.^^
aki/kaze/shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 19:24   Link #65
Siegel Clyne

Hikki Still a Mainstream TV Draw in Japan

Top 10 Music Television Program Household Audience Ratings in the Kantou Region of Japan (Tokyo, Yokohama, Kawasaki, Saitama, Chiba, etc.)

Monday, February 26, 2007 - Sunday, March 4, 2007
16.9% 2007/02/26 (Monday) 8:00pm-8:54pm Fuji TV HEY!HEY!HEY!

The guest appearance of Utada Hikaru on Monday, February 26, 2007 helped long-running Fuji TV musical variety show HEY!HEY!HEY! earn its highest television household audience rating of the year, 16.9 percent.

No other HEY!HEY!HEY! show in 2007 so far has received a rating of 16 or more percent in the Kantou region.

Utada Hikaru can still attract significant numbers of television viewers in Japan.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2007-09-16 at 19:41.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-20, 06:35   Link #66
!Elle
Schflux!

Send a message via MSN to !Elle
I love Hikki;
But ever since her divorce, the poor girl seems to be falling apart. Not in the sense that she's like, horrible, she's just....different.

And I loved Ultra Blue & Deep River very much, I'm hoping the next CD will be amazing as well...or I'll abandon the J-Pop genre o_O;
!Elle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-21, 05:31   Link #67
konstargirl
Reisen FTW!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to konstargirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Incest View Post
Her songs are bad. Obviously manufactured.
I didn't find her songs bad. I think they are very cool and lovely.
konstargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-24, 15:25   Link #68
gray-sno-bunny

Send a message via AIM to gray-sno-bunny
I think the only way most people know her if they have ever played Kingdom of Hearts. I've never played it but i saw someone play it and "Simple and Clean" was the song she was singing. Most people know her by that song I believe. But that song is seriously old but that's how most people know her...
gray-sno-bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-24, 18:40   Link #69
LCeh

Most people knew her probably from the songs that are in a dorama, like First Love from Majo no Jouken, or Flavor of Life from Hana Yori Dango. (First Love ended up having the record of being the most sold album in a calender year in Japan at more than 7million, while Flavor of Life is the most digitally sold song in the world)
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 17:26   Link #70
hatsukoi

I love her. She's the queen of j-music. Do you guys know she has announced that she will be releasing a new english album??? I can't wait!!!! So cool! love her!
hatsukoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 01:34   Link #71
Aoi_chan
☆ガ♂ル☆

^Really? That's awesome! *excited* I can't wait! o(^o^)o
Aoi_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 22:44   Link #72
Kingdom
Romance addict

Oh, boy, I'm not enjoying bumping a month and a half old thread but here goes.

Utada Hikaru just announced on her website that she'll be doing a collaboration with Ne-Yo (english R&B). I'm really excited for this because Ne-Yo's not that bad (Make it Work and Hate that I Love You are great) and I've been starting to get back into R&B lately. However, I think she'll have to change her style a bit for this song - it'll probably be very western-urban (opposed to pop).

Also, I watched the video for (english) Easy Breezy and the lyrics "You're Easy Breezy and I'm Japanesey" put me off =( Anyone else?
Kingdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 23:59   Link #73
High_Lord_Demonix
King of Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
Oh, boy, I'm not enjoying bumping a month and a half old thread but here goes.

Utada Hikaru just announced on her website that she'll be doing a collaboration with Ne-Yo (english R&B). I'm really excited for this because Ne-Yo's not that bad (Make it Work and Hate that I Love You are great) and I've been starting to get back into R&B lately. However, I think she'll have to change her style a bit for this song - it'll probably be very western-urban (opposed to pop).

Also, I watched the video for (english) Easy Breezy and the lyrics "You're Easy Breezy and I'm Japanesey" put me off =( Anyone else?
Yea her and ne-yo I can't wait but yea those lyrics really put me off I hope that the next album does not make another stupid line like that

and I own all of her albums sice Exodus.
High_Lord_Demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 01:50   Link #74
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

I love Her Songs.....But I loved it more when I heard her Song..In Hana YOri Dango...
Flavor of life.....They have to but her Song In the best part Of the Show...
What Great Voice She Have...
Old 2007-11-16, 02:21   Link #75
Kyomi
What do I know?

Her English is interesting, at least that much can be said.
I would actually enjoy hearing her eigo-album
Old 2007-11-16, 08:01   Link #76
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Ugh. She can sing English good enough I guess, but damn her songwriter deserves to be shot. >_> <_<

Her English song lyrics also seem a bit weird. I think it's because of the Japanese origin. Since Japanese songs seem kinda more poetic and using metaphors and such. It seems her English songs are also written Japanese way.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 20:16   Link #77
High_Lord_Demonix
King of Nothing

Ok so we all agree that the guy that writes her eng songs needs to be shot right?

and that her jap songs are much more poetic and beautiful and MUCH better than her english work.
Old 2007-11-17, 17:29   Link #78
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Lord_Demonix View Post
Ok so we all agree that the guy that writes her eng songs needs to be shot right?

and that her jap songs are much more poetic and beautiful and MUCH better than her english work.
Nah her English work also seems to be poetic, but that's pretty much the problem. I for one am not used to hearing weird lines in a pop song, while it can be refreshing this just felt weird.

"Simple and Clean" was awesome though. The lyrics didn't make much sense, but I just listen to this song like any other j-pop song(not trying to understand what was said.)
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 19:30   Link #79
High_Lord_Demonix
King of Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
Nah her English work also seems to be poetic, but that's pretty much the problem. I for one am not used to hearing weird lines in a pop song, while it can be refreshing this just felt weird.

"Simple and Clean" was awesome though. The lyrics didn't make much sense, but I just listen to this song like any other j-pop song(not trying to understand what was said.)
I love simple and clean

but well it is true that her english work is poetic I think that her jap work is more poetic im not saying the eng work isnt im ust say that its not AS poetic
Old 2007-11-18, 02:47   Link #80
crystalfei

OMG <33 hikki so muchhh.
Beautiful world totally blew me away, YES it was that awesome
crystalfei is offline   Reply With Quote