AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-30, 10:42   Link #1
Ochibiske
Anti-Muffin Clan ruler

Angry Looking for..!

Hi there.. As you've seen the title i'm looking for something.. Okay.. instead of writing nonsence I should get to the point.. Of the title xD I'm looking for some Shounen/shonen Animes. I'm not sure if its Gay or.. I just need a anime with and Male main character.. NO teachers. NO Grandpa's. NO Grown ups ^^ Thats my requirements.. Not really. Theres more ^^ I'm not wanting any serious animes.. I'm looking for a anime with a little Serious ness in it but otherwise theres nothing serious.. I love comedy/romance. IF the main character is a boy.. Sooooo.. 1.2.3 go! Find something.. I'm waiting and i'm FREAKISH BORED O_O Sooo..

Shounen/Comedy/Romance (If the shounen is meaning its gay.. Please just find something with a guy as the main character) Sorry for the humans who think gay is a bad word. I just couldn't remember any other word in english for it ^^ Anyway.. I'm looking for! That!
Old 2008-04-30, 11:37   Link #2
escimo
Paparazzi

<no recommendation here>
Can't quite wrap my head around about what makes shounen gay. Shounen-ai maybe if you're a hopeless phobic.
</no recommendation here>

Didn't just quite get whether some "manly love" is preferred or not..?
Old 2008-04-30, 12:09   Link #3
Ochibiske
Anti-Muffin Clan ruler

Meh.. Sorry. I suck at genres... Geh.. Sorry.. I just couldn't find anyother word for it.. Sorry i'm not fluent in English.. I started learning english a half year ago " NO i'm not that young "

Edit: Gosh.. I said sorry too much o_o I hate that

Last edited by Ochibiske; 2008-04-30 at 12:10. Reason: Said sorry too much
Old 2008-04-30, 12:15   Link #4
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I might start with Nodame Cantabile. The main couple consist of a young man (about 20) who strives to be an orchestra conductor and a somewhat ditzy 18-yo female pianist who lives next door. It mixes comedy, romance, and drama in an very entertaining way.

If 20 is too "grown up" for you, how old is too old? There are zillions of harem comedies (Love Hina being a prime example) where a teen-aged and usually socially-inexperienced boy is suddenly surrounded by a number of women of varying ages all of whom become interested in him for unfathomable reasons. I don't watch these shows, so I can't comment on them, but others here can guide you down that path.

There's one current show with some harem aspects that I am watching, and that's Kurenai. The main character is a high-school boy of about 15 or so who has a very strange, and dangerous, "after-school" job. He's later asked by his employer to become the protector of a seven-year-old girl. (Don't worry; he's got lots of other romantic alternatives his own age and older.) Some sequences are very funny; others are dramatic and, sometimes, disturbing. Worth trying, I think.

In the past couple of years most of the strong younger protagonists outside these harem and "visual novel" settings have been girls like Shion of Shion no Ou or Haruka of Noein. Hikaru of Hikaru no Go is perhaps the best-conceived and most realistic boy I've seen in an anime, but it's not a comedy or a romance. It is, however, an excellent dramatic show about a young boy who chooses to pursue a professional career as a Go player.

A couple of other recently-released, and still in fansubs, options might be Moyashimon and Hakaba Kitaro. The main character in the first of these is 18 and attending an agricultural university near Tokyo. He also happens to be able to see microbes. The show is funny and educational at the same time and includes a variety of romantic encounters.

Hakaba Kitaro is a very different show (to say the least). Kitaro is the "last representative of the ghost tribe" whose apparent age is perhaps 10-11. He does have a "romantic" interest, too. But the show is really a fantasy horror story with few, if any, realistic human characters. It can also be quite funny.

Edit: If you're looking for a show with a homosexual male romance (usually termed "yaoi" or "shounen-ai" as anime genres) then none of these recommendations will do much for you. You might take a look at Gravitation. Sometimes people use "gay" here to refer to a certain style of presentation (graphics, etc.), and when it's used that way it's usually to suggest the person doesn't like that style. I thought you were using it in that manner, not to refer to homosexuality. There are a number of threads in this forum about this genre; I suggest you start with http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=30236, or search the Suggestions forum for "yaoi" and "shounen-ai".

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2008-04-30 at 12:34.
Old 2008-04-30, 14:31   Link #5
Ochibiske
Anti-Muffin Clan ruler

Thank you! =) By the way.. I'm sure I writed in the post that I didn't want any Homosexual male romance.. I hate things like that " I don't think its wrong.. I just don't like it"

Edit: No wait.. I didn't say that I didn't want it .. I just thought Shounen might be Homosexual Male romance .. I like that word more than Gay.. Gay sounds offensive..

Second Edit: Ohh.. I thank you for the Kurenai Anime! I really love it =)
Old 2008-04-30, 14:35   Link #6
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
Busou Renkin
Old 2008-04-30, 14:56   Link #7
Ochibiske
Anti-Muffin Clan ruler

Sorry.. Saw the first few eps but Didn't like it at all
Old 2008-04-30, 16:34   Link #8
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

You dont like shounen-ai or yaoi? Is that what you ment by "gay". And you dont want any adults? And you also dont want a school atmosphere?

Tell me if that is what you are saying and then i can maybe proceed and find some selections for you.

Shounen means young male/ young boys. Look up what it means on the web before you use the word because from what you are posting i think you dont know the concept/meaning of the term.

Shounen is a genre that is supposedly geared toward the male audience especially young boys and teenage boys or the young boy inside all the old men lurking in these forums ^^. But i know plenty of girls and women that enjoy that kinda genre as well.

BTW (by the way) shounen and shounen-ai means two different things.
Old 2008-05-01, 05:41   Link #9
Ochibiske
Anti-Muffin Clan ruler

Okay.. Let me say it like this :

I'm looking for a anime with
Comedy/School life .. I don't like Yaoi or Shounen-Ai as it is.
I don't like when the Main character is 20 or older
I need the anime to have the main character as a boy/teenage boy.
I don't want it to be a show with not Manga/anime looking draws like Batman or Spiderman.. " Just examples "

It would be nice if there were including Harem and Romance!
Old 2008-05-01, 06:18   Link #10
escimo
Paparazzi

I'd check out Eureka 7.
It gets a bit deepshit-ish towards the end but holds a really cute love story and quite a bit of comedy as well. (even slapstick, oh I so love slapstick )
Old 2008-05-01, 07:35   Link #11
Ochibiske
Anti-Muffin Clan ruler

Thank you But sorry since I already have seen it xD I started watching animes 3 years ago :P I have seen a quite few animes and My favorites already have ended.. I have seen over 3000 episodes Anime ^^ And seen and looked on 300 diff Animes
Old 2008-05-01, 07:50   Link #12
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ochibiske View Post
Of the title xD I'm looking for some Shounen/shonen Animes. I'm not sure if its Gay or..
Note quite sure what you mean. Shounen just means "boy" and can either refer to male characters in the 13-18 range, or to a series aimed at that audience. Shounen-ai (or Yaoi) is the term for stories featuring boy/boy or "gay" releationships (likewise Shoujo-ai or Yuri is for girl/girl or lesbian relationships).

Quote:
I love comedy/romance. IF the main character is a boy.. Sooooo.. 1.2.3 go! Find something..
Not a whole lot in this season that I could recomend, but if you go back one or two seasons then They Are My Noble Masters, Hayate no Goku, Nagasarete Airantou, Seto no Hanayome and Kenko Zenrakei Suieibu Umisho are all possibilities.
Old 2008-05-01, 11:34   Link #13
Mon Cheri
nope
*Graphic Designer

Why don't you try School Rumble? ^^
Old 2008-05-01, 12:22   Link #14
Ochibiske
Anti-Muffin Clan ruler

Have seen School rumble.. About a girl so no ^^ I have seen Hayate no Goku,Nagasarete Airantou, Seto no Hanayome

Edit: Oh also Kenko Zenrakei Suieibu Umisho I knew the Umisho from some where but not the other things behind so I checked it out
Old 2008-05-01, 18:08   Link #15
Hayaku
Ecchi go Boom 0(^.^)0

toLOVEru - got some seriousness in it, alot of comedy, Romance, and some other various stuff, and guess what the protagonist is a BOY ^.^

Spoiler for toLOVEru seriousness:

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2008-05-01, 22:23   Link #16
devildog23
Summerlurking

Try Final Approach, a pretty good anime. It pretty much fits what your asking for

I'm not sure if you can consider FLCL serious or not, but it has a young male lead. It doesn't have much romance if any.

Mahou Sensei Negima fits, except there isn't much romance. It is harem with a young male lead without much seriousness (except at the end)
Old 2008-05-02, 01:06   Link #17
blewin

I highly recommend Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
it fits every requirement of your post.
Old 2008-05-02, 02:37   Link #18
Ochibiske
Anti-Muffin Clan ruler

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
I highly recommend Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
it fits every requirement of your post.
Well... You see I have seen to episode 80 of the Katekyo Hitman Reborn!..
Quote:
Try Final Approach, a pretty good anime. It pretty much fits what your asking for

I'm not sure if you can consider FLCL serious or not, but it has a young male lead. It doesn't have much romance if any.

Mahou Sensei Negima fits, except there isn't much romance. It is harem with a young male lead without much seriousness (except at the end)
Seen all of them =)
Old 2008-05-02, 03:31   Link #19
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Yeah.... so this is basically an impossibly request, utterly ridiculous at best. How can you find an anime with no "grown-ups"? If there are any out there with those kind of things u stipulated, it's not one I would care to watch.
Old 2008-05-02, 05:11   Link #20
Ochibiske
Anti-Muffin Clan ruler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Yeah.... so this is basically an impossibly request, utterly ridiculous at best. How can you find an anime with no "grown-ups"? If there are any out there with those kind of things u stipulated, it's not one I would care to watch.
Please don't go off topic.. If your comment is negative don't write it. I didn't make this thread to get Negative Comments..
Closed Thread

Tags
high school