AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

View Poll Results: Zero no Tsukaima (third season) - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 13 23.64%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 20.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 20.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 9.09%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.64%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.82%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.82%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-23, 16:06   Link #61
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

Another hilarious episode, even if the whole "Louise catches Saito fooling around with other girls" sub-theme is getting annoying.
Old 2008-08-25, 09:07   Link #62
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Well, Saito and Louise are not married (though i think there are some believers who think they are or are pretty much as good as married) yet, the point is that Saito' still confessed his love ...and doesn't do much to prove it. You could say - why louise does not respond - but just think how much times passes before he goes off flirting with other girls or groping them?

I would seriously think before confessing to such a man-slut that Saito in anime is. We all knows that he loves only Louise, but the problem is that judging from his actions he really does very little to support his love confession and actually do more opposite actions...

If he wants his love confession taken seriously then he should act accordingly. Now he does nothing to support that so how can you expect a honest answer from Louise?

For now his 'love' sems more like just another attempt to bed her rather than having to do with real emotions...Or at least thats what impression one might have considering his actions... He can go all heroic but instantly he spoils it in another scene... he is just too unreliable to make one believe in his love confessions...
Old 2008-08-25, 15:46   Link #63
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

^^^reading that makes me think of one thing....the j.c. staff sucks...(i think thats there name) i almost forgot that they are the ones jacking everything up...we should write a letter
Old 2008-08-25, 16:16   Link #64
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Well, Saito and Louise are not married (though i think there are some believers who think they are or are pretty much as good as married) yet, the point is that Saito' still confessed his love ...and doesn't do much to prove it. You could say - why louise does not respond - but just think how much times passes before he goes off flirting with other girls or groping them?

I would seriously think before confessing to such a man-slut that Saito in anime is. We all knows that he loves only Louise, but the problem is that judging from his actions he really does very little to support his love confession and actually do more opposite actions...

If he wants his love confession taken seriously then he should act accordingly. Now he does nothing to support that so how can you expect a honest answer from Louise?

For now his 'love' sems more like just another attempt to bed her rather than having to do with real emotions...Or at least thats what impression one might have considering his actions... He can go all heroic but instantly he spoils it in another scene... he is just too unreliable to make one believe in his love confessions...
Well, I really hate the playboy/womanizer character, and I hate cheating even more, but that's not the impression I have of Saito at all. He doesn't go around chasing the ladies, it's the other way around actually. And if Louise demands loyalty from him then she should act accordingly and treat him like a boyfriend and not a dog. Saito would love nothing more than to ride into the sunset with her, it's Louise who keeps pushing him away.
Old 2008-08-25, 16:25   Link #65
Darknemo2000

He does nothing to prove her wrong. You se him in way too nice light. because you can see his inner feelings (which are mostly BOOOBS but there are some other feelings) but when you look at his action he really looks like a slut for boobs.

Not saying that he is a playboy, but he is just too unreliable. Louise can act pretty nicely if Saito doesnt screw up but that almost never happens. Saito is juts too easily influenced by big boops and it also can lead into embarrassing situations.

Instead of Louise I would just dump him (the Saito in anime, not the Saito in novels) he is really not worth of anything. Then he could go off to his boobieland without having too look over his shoulder. Too bad that Louise likes an idiot pervert like him. But I can't see him deserving much more than he gets. He really does not look serious or relaible enough to actually treat him seriously. Maybe if he would grow up sometimes then he could make one believe that he actually knows what love is, but for now it looks like he oonly knows what boobs are instead.
Old 2008-08-26, 10:55   Link #66
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Hmm... This is where we disagree. The way I see it it's Saito who should have dumped anime Louise a long time ago. It's amazing what he even sees in her when he has so many girls do choose who are actually nice to him. Siesta, for one, liked him from the start and accepted him the way he was. Even the damn princess was a thousand times nicer to him than Louise was since the first time they met. It's anime Louise who does nothing to warrant such devotion from Saito. Just my opinion.
Old 2008-08-26, 11:06   Link #67
Darknemo2000

The question is not if Louise is worthy of love or not, the question is Saito's actions after the love confession. You claim why Louise do not treat him as boyfriend and i answer because Saito always keeps screwing himself up.

So what if its the girls that chase him, but you have to admit he too easily is dragged into those kind of situations.

Lets say imagine you have a girlfriend with whom you just started to go out. You come to her room and see her making out with another guy. She smiles and says - It wasn;t my fault, it was him who started it.... I know the comparison is bit too drastic but the point is one should not give in so easily even if you are not an initiator.

Saito does nothing to support his love confession so how can you ask from Louise to actually take him seriously? It's anime Saito that we talk, not the novels one. Yes Novel Saito is really a great guy, can be sometimes perverted but has strong feeling of responsibility and can be dependable. Anime Saito is just stupid pervert that occasionally does some heroic acts.
Old 2008-08-26, 11:57   Link #68
salv87
Can't think of a title^_^

The thing is, that it's a 2 side story.. 1 side - Louise, who doesn't respond to his feelings when he shows them.. From the other side - Saito acting like an idiot without self control for boobs..
So it's actually meaningless in my oppinion to argue which is dominant..
Although I would also have to say that if Saito had more self-control in those issues, Louise wouldn't have any reason to blow him up, kick his nuts, etc etc etc..
Although there's still sthe issue of her pride I guess.. Even if he didn't do anything, I doubt she'd easily accept in front of everybody that she loves him..
Old 2008-08-26, 12:07   Link #69
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

But that's the thing, if the girl is my girlfriend (as in one of us proposed and the other said yes) then I'd have every right to be mad at her, and vice versa. Hell, even if neither of us have yet cofessed but the feelings are reciprocated at least, she would be right to be mad. In the other hand, if she confesses to me after I just punched her in the face for no real good reason, and I say nothing to her confession, in that case... It's like you said, we know her inner feelings but her actions says otherwise too... As I said before, cheating is something that really pisses me fuck off. I mean, really. But anime Louise is such a bitch that I can't help but side with Saito on this one, he's done more than enough for her. He gave up going home to stay in a world where he would be at bottom of the social pyramid, no friends, no family, no money, no rank, no nothing. Not even a bed. It's about time we see some real effort from her side as well, then I will start getting pissed at Saito.

Last edited by aliasxn; 2008-08-26 at 16:47.
Old 2008-08-26, 13:13   Link #70
Darknemo2000

Actually he got a bed much faster in novels than in anime. In anime they dont even mention how louise invited him into the bed.

My point is Louise would not be hitting him all the time if he wasnt screwing himself over and over again. She can be cute without being bitchy the problem is that Saito keeps screwing up every freaking time even when he proves himself to be right he goes off and screws it all over in one instant.

Louise would not be so bad on him if he would not be doing all those things, believe me. Even the psycho anime version.

Did Louise hit him once he returned in the last episode of S I? No, she actually kissed him. Did she hit him on the face or screamed when he confessed his love? Also no.

Basically if Saito would not be screwing himslf all over again he could live with Louise pretty well. But he is just too stupid with zero self-control for that.
Old 2008-08-26, 17:46   Link #71
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Well, my point is that Saito would show more restraint if she would show more that she loves him. He may not be perfect, but so far in the anime the effort for them to get together has been mostly from his side, not even close. It's time she starts fighting for him too... And besides, when Julio was coming on to her back in S2 she didn't seem exactly bothered... It's unfair to put it all on Saito, it just so happens that there's been a lot more women after him than men after Louise, but when guys did approach her she didn't reject it either.

EDIT: Ah, I didn't mean that she responded to his confession with a punch, just that she was generally very very harsh and violent and disrespectful with him, and most of the time it really was uncalled for.

Last edited by aliasxn; 2008-08-26 at 17:59.
Old 2008-08-26, 22:04   Link #72
Darknemo2000

And for what did she made that cat costume you think? For a cosplay? The cat costume was mean as an apology for Saito as she realized that she eventually went overboard. Louise really isnt that bad or harsh, if Saito is not flirting around with other girls or acting stupid which sadly happens very rarely.
Old 2008-08-27, 00:10   Link #73
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

yea but louise does get bitchy for no reason sometimes...maybe they just have a dysfunctional relationship..lol i actually got mad at her on like episode 2 or 3 when she was giving Tiffania a hard time and got pissed at saito for no reason...but saito getting distracted by every girl is also annoying... like for intense this episode...
If Tiffa, Siesta, Hime-sama, or any other attractive girl other then louise would have jumped on Saito with his head between there legs he would have gotten a huge nosebleed or something perverted but when louise did it it was like "oh what are u doing"....
But he did try to control himself when Tiffa jumped on his back so i give him credit for that...
Old 2008-08-27, 02:17   Link #74
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

WTF!

I wanna see how this pans out before I judge it too harshly, but they've got a lot of explaining to do.
Old 2008-08-27, 12:21   Link #75
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

The cat costume wasn't really a genuine gesture, she only did it because Derflinger talked her into it... After she had told him that the reason she never said "I love you" to Saito was because she was too good to be with someone like him. And after the fiasco she said it was for Julio.

Anyway, she doesn't have to give him a lap dance, she could start by being... I don't know... polite... respectful... She is so desperate to prove herself to the other nobles that she is constantly putting him down in front of them.
Old 2008-08-27, 13:29   Link #76
Darknemo2000

Well you can't talk someone into it if that other is ready to accept. Specially not someone as prideful as Louise is. Basically Louise did not mind that all taht much as she pretended to and also she felt guilty enough to make it wear one. If she were a bitch she would have never done that. Be it Derflinger or not.

But I do agree about the fact that she constantly put him down in front of the others...But it is not as much as willingness to put herself up him but rather because of her shyness. Juts like her jealousy steams mostly from her feeling of insecurity and inferiority (due to her body) to others and Saito does nothing to decrease that, since he at every occasion shows that physical aspect for him is the most important.

Louise could be much nicer if Saito by his actions would not be pissing her off (msotly because her inferiority to other girls complex).
Old 2008-08-27, 19:34   Link #77
Strahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Sigh...... there are two sides to every coin. Who was the idiot who gave her the time to summon the giant ice rock?
Well, that is easily explainable.. Saito was perplexed as to why Tabitha was hostile toward him and he was on defensive because he didn't want to hurt his friend. Had she been facing someone who neither knew of or cared about her she could've been easily skewered in that time. However, she probably would have also fought differently herself against a stranger -shrug-

Regarding Saito, he would've been OK had he stopped after the first kiss with disguised Henrietta. However, leaning in for kiss number two was wrong. Doesn't matter how Louise treats him since he himself claims to love her and only her, he should show a little more faithfulness. I can certainly understand how it would be hard though, living with a tsundere like her lol.
Old 2008-08-28, 02:19   Link #78
JediNight
キズランダム

All I have to say about this ep is -- WTF? They did not just jump the shark and revive Colbert-sensei with a magically floating WW2 bomber plane...

And god... Saito just needs to slap some sense into Louise or dump her on the ground. She never believes anything he says and then just a stupid kiss brings her around? ....
Old 2008-08-28, 15:49   Link #79
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The Sleipnir Ball

By far as we have gone through season 3, this has been the best episode so far.

The only flaw that I noticed on it, preventing me from granting a perfect 10, was that one of the emerging conflicts was resolved with the easy-come-easy-go approach closing the possibilities of developing further into the storyline.

Spoiler:

The other interesting twist for season three is Tabitha's seemingly betrayal. We definitely know that Tabitha's sudden turn of loyalties is due for an important reason.
Spoiler:

However, there exists within Tabitha an inner turmoil that made her unstable, and that is the care and concern for her friends, made evident when Saito refused to harm her for being his precious friend.

In general, I will be looking forward how interesting will be watching how everyone copes with Tabitha's betrayal and, particularly, Kirche's reaction once she faces Tabitha in the battlefield due that those two were very close friends in the first season.
Old 2008-08-31, 06:54   Link #80
Hisagi_Shuuhei

So does this mean that Saito will stop drooling over Siesta and Tiffania?
I certainly hope so..