AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-01-16, 22:04   Link #321
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I bought mass effect 1 on PC download off gamestop, its been prob a few months can i still download it?
Old 2010-01-16, 22:35   Link #322
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I bought mass effect 1 on PC download off gamestop, its been prob a few months can i still download it?
Hmm, if you have a digital copy, you should be able to. At least, that's how most online distribution systems work.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 23:16   Link #323
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

its downloading right now, yay! now to figure out what class i should play.

anyone know if you get to repick ur class in Mass effect 2?
Old 2010-01-16, 23:57   Link #324
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
its downloading right now, yay! now to figure out what class i should play.

anyone know if you get to repick ur class in Mass effect 2?
If you import a character, you can change your appearance and class. You can't change your gender, however.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 00:19   Link #325
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
If you import a character, you can change your appearance and class.
Sweet! Now I don't have to replay through the original again because I can't stand how crappy my Shepard looks. I think I'll switch to the default model because it looks awesome. Plus now I have the option of doing something other than Soldier if I feel like it.

Levels are going to carry over right? Will they just have us do all our leveling up in the beginning? Because they've completely changed how all the classes are set up.

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
swtrooper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 00:47   Link #326
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtrooper42 View Post
Sweet! Now I don't have to replay through the original again because I can't stand how crappy my Shepard looks. I think I'll switch to the default model because it looks awesome. Plus now I have the option of doing something other than Soldier if I feel like it.

Levels are going to carry over right? Will they just have us do all our leveling up in the beginning? Because they've completely changed how all the classes are set up.
Levels won't carry over, but you'll get some benefits ( like extra talent points or something ) depending on what level your Shepard was in ME1 when you ported him/her.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 00:54   Link #327
Tokkan

The level cap in ME2 is 30, as opposed to the cap of 60 in ME1, so ofcourse levels won't carry over.
Old 2010-01-17, 01:05   Link #328
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
The level cap in ME2 is 30, as opposed to the cap of 60 in ME1, so ofcourse levels won't carry over.
So let me get this straight are you saying that if players start off ME2 fresh with a new character the level cap will still be a small level 30? Or are you saying it'll only be level 30 if you port your ME1 character?
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 01:15   Link #329
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
So let me get this straight are you saying that if players start off ME2 fresh with a new character the level cap will still be a small level 30? Or are you saying it'll only be level 30 if you port your ME1 character?
It's level 30 regardless of whether you import or not, imported characters who were at least level 40 just get bonus skills to allocate at the beginning of the game.
Old 2010-01-17, 04:50   Link #330
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Seriously, why didn't Bioware spend as much time as above with Dragon Age's lingerie? Above looks sexy, while Dragon Age's is so fugly I literally 'escape skip' those scenes.

Looks like I won't do the same with mass effect 2, at the very least though.
Miranda is so getting tapped in ME2.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 12:56   Link #331
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

So my 360 decided, with very good timing I'll say, to go RRoD on me. Considering it will take a few weeks before I can even send it in I decided to switch my pre-order to the PC version instead. Byebye multiple, prepared, careers, but I actually think this might be even better... performance-wise. The hardware is too limited on the 360 and this really forces me to play multiple times for the choices, with mouse and keyboard.

Maybe it's a sign...

And this time, I'm not going easy on myself.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 06:04   Link #332
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
So my 360 decided, with very good timing I'll say, to go RRoD on me. Considering it will take a few weeks before I can even send it in I decided to switch my pre-order to the PC version instead. Byebye multiple, prepared, careers, but I actually think this might be even better... performance-wise. The hardware is too limited on the 360 and this really forces me to play multiple times for the choices, with mouse and keyboard.

Maybe it's a sign...

And this time, I'm not going easy on myself.
Dump the 360 and get a PS3/PSP. Get only PC games.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 06:14   Link #333
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

^ Actually, I don't need a console at all, so getting the whole thing repaired is not exactly panic. All the games I want are on PC and my TV is hooked to it anyway, so no need for DVD/Bluray hardware.

Not to mention nothing interests me in the PS3/PSP department anyway. Now, if only the 360 savefiles were PC compatible nothing would have been lost...

To be somewhat on-topic; Someone on the official forums suggested a Hit-the-Reporter minigame as a DLC. I would certainly pay for that.

Old 2010-01-18, 09:40   Link #334
ZeroForever

just curious if anyone can tell me if the CE is worth it? I've looked at the difference from the CE and the SE and on amazon the SE has a additional 10 dollar credit promo which makes the price difference like ~23 dollars (SE on amazon already has a 6% off deal).
Old 2010-01-18, 09:51   Link #335
Statonxyb
hrm

Whether it's worth it or not will vary person to person.

To me, I think it's worth it. The metal book case, bonus DVD with extras, 1st issue of the Mass Effect Redemption comic, hardcover art book, ingame items give me a hard-on.

From a pricing standpoint, it all depends on how valuable the above are to you. The difference being $23~ initially, minus the retail cost of the comic book ($3.50) leaves you with this: Would you pay roughly $20 for a 48-page hardcover art book, bonus DVD with behind the scenes/making of videos, and two exclusive items + the Cerberus Network Card (for bonus content)?
Old 2010-01-18, 10:08   Link #336
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Will there be a devkit for personalising characters?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 10:16   Link #337
ZeroForever

the DLC items will be cracked within the afternoon if not the day before the release, like what happened with DA:O which i got the CE version for. After the underwhelming meh that the DA:O CE edition was i'm honestly leaning no atm.

side note post tax it's more like a ~25 dollar difference.
Old 2010-01-18, 14:36   Link #338
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
^ Actually, I don't need a console at all, so getting the whole thing repaired is not exactly panic. All the games I want are on PC and my TV is hooked to it anyway, so no need for DVD/Bluray hardware.

Not to mention nothing interests me in the PS3/PSP department anyway. Now, if only the 360 savefiles were PC compatible nothing would have been lost...

To be somewhat on-topic; Someone on the official forums suggested a Hit-the-Reporter minigame as a DLC. I would certainly pay for that.
Well the following site has PC savegames from various ways of playing. It's might not be your char, but you might find something similar.
http://www.annakie.com/me/home.htm

Not to mention even with the save you can still change appearance.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 14:38   Link #339
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

^ Oh thanks, didn't know about that, although I was thinking of asking around. Will be interesting.

Old 2010-01-19, 14:45   Link #340
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

So it's offical. There's going to be DLC come launch day. Multiple ones actually. The first one is free if you buy new.

The first DLC was already revealed to be the bounty hunter named Zaeed, as well as additional missions and items.

The second DLC (to be released some time in the real near future) includes more additional missions and items as well as a Hammerhead hover tank. (Tau?)

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
swtrooper42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bioware, mass effect, mass effect 2