Spoiler for spoiler:
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 13:04   Link #9363
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
2 more?

There are seven suuitors so there should be 4 more
Nah, bro. Tsurubami counts as a suitor so there are six.

Spoiler:
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 18:27   Link #9364
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

So...yea.
Just read 150...was about to make this big rage induced post on what I hated about this chapter and so on...but you know what? Why bother...

I'll just say that, I was displeased and disappointed with the chapter as well as (what I perceive to be) the asspull within. That is all, will see you guys next week...though I've lost all motivation and enthusiasm for the next chapter...and rest of the arc.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 18:47   Link #9365
Wolfenstein

Really, Nishio? Trolling has to have it's limits, otherwise fans will just get rightly pissed at you.
Old 2012-06-13, 18:53   Link #9366
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
maaaan you guys are so weird lol, it's in her nature to suck isn't it?
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 18:57   Link #9367
Sol Falling

lol...alright, I guess next chapter is the one which will be fucking glorious. The spoiler pic with Kumagawa, only showed up on the last page. As for the current chapter, I don't see what anyone has to complain about, lol. Emukae's getting her character development, she's in the middle of it this very moment.

Further hints about Kugurugi being a "word" user. I wonder what that will have to do with her screws.

From the way Kumagawa was talking, he didn't actually seem to be planning on interfering. "I'm disappointed", etc.; and the way he made his entrance was just too sudden. Seems like he only stepped in in order to save Emukae's life with All Fiction. We will see what happens.

Blatant parallels between Emukae and Zenkichi's confession back when he suicided against Kumagawa. People complained about Medaka ignoring that "confession", lol, so I'm gonna be curious about Zenkichi's reaction to this one.

Last edited by Sol Falling; 2012-06-14 at 03:57.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 19:05   Link #9368
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

If I'm weird for not liking the content of a chapter...then so be it, I'm weird.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 19:05   Link #9369
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
maaaan you guys are so weird lol, it's in her nature to suck isn't it?
Perhaps you forgot about one of the most important pages of the Treasurer battle:

Spoiler:

Which, by the way, was obviously rendered meaningless by the current chapter, which could've been pretty good, but just regressed her character to thinking she's useless and weak again, although she's in the right, speaking moraly.

Also, not a fan of the past tenses being used by Emukae. If she's given up on her love for Zenkichi already then we might as well kiss her character good-bye, she's not sticking around for much longer if her feelings are just going to be ignored and side-lined from now on.

Not to mention Kumagawa appearing and saving the day is probably the worst writting decision Nishio could've done at this time. Way to undermine the entire Council and the tensions running around. Also loled at how Emukae's minus apparently dosen't work simply cause the enemy is a suitor, Lol. Crazy girls.

Last edited by Wolfenstein; 2012-06-13 at 19:25.
Old 2012-06-13, 19:46   Link #9370
telamont

at all the RAGE.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I thought it was glorious myself.

I came into this chapter honestly expecting Medaka Box to continue its "standard shonen jump battle manga" streak myself. Nothing wrong with that I suppose, just not what I'm looking for in this manga. 2 suitors down, 5 to go, so 10-15 more chapters of this "phase" of the manga I guess?

Was going to give this chapter a go to confirm this and then come back in a few months to see if Ajimu was actually serious—"Medaka Box" has already ended, we're actually reading "Zenkichi's Adventures" now and just don't know it yet— before dropping the manga altogether.

BOOM!!! The entire council got their asses kicked. They sure weren't kidding when they said screwdriver girl was the strongest of the suitors. Kumagawa shows up without a scratch OUT OF NOWHERE. Wasn't he supposed to be...you know, beaten and imprisoned right now?

WTF???!!

Trolled. And for me at least, in the best possible way. Haven't looked forward to the next Medaka Box chapter so much for quite a few weeks now.

Just goes to show, since the fans of this manga differ so wildly, Nisiosin can do whatever he wants and someone is bound to be happy.
telamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 19:57   Link #9371
ImperialFlameGod8190

this was pretty lame i agree i mean Zenkichi being in god mod was stupid his being beaten is worse and the whole council getting schooled is worse
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 20:05   Link #9372
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
this was pretty lame i agree i mean Zenkichi being in god mod was stupid his being beaten is worse and the whole council getting schooled is worse
To be honest, if his problem was simply that the suitor was too strong, he'd just have the entire team fight her at once with Zenkichi drawing out 200% for their abilities. No one would have a problem at the strongest suitor being beaten by that. There really wasn't a need for Kumagawa to appear, with no foreshadowing, and out of nowhere.

Which leads me to believe he made all this she-bang in order to re-introduce Misogi. Reasons for that unclear, that was his objective. Which does kill the tension and takes away all the attention from the characters we actually want to see interacting(because let's just face it, no character is a bigger attention whore than Misogi-chan).

Aside from possible EmukaexKumagawa foreshadowing and just mere trolling, something is obviously up.
Old 2012-06-13, 20:19   Link #9373
Wolfenstein

Nishio has no limits to his trolling. He's like a hurricane.

Worst is she wasn't even using her style, lol. Apparently she's just naturally immune to rotting or something, even though she's not even an abnormal/minus. Again I think this baseless plot-point could just be attributed as another part in bringing back Kumagawa. Or maybe it'll be explained later, hopefully.
Old 2012-06-13, 20:23   Link #9374
ImperialFlameGod8190

nothing but a boring way to bring Kumagawa back i agree its getting duller then ever
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 22:00   Link #9375
[HearT]

Most people hated the chapter???? well, gee, I absolutely adored the chapter♥ so there♥
it was great to see the council's ass' get kicked, and I loved the character development with Emukae♥ (I quite like her new 'haircut', I hope she keeps the sideburns~) And this screwdriver girl is awesome! she kinda reminds me of Kumagawa for some reason... Heh It'll be a good fight~~ I'm sooooooo looking forward to the next chapter!♥
[HearT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 22:04   Link #9376
DawnEmperor

Well, I really enjoyed Naze's deadpan expression though. "We already tried that"(covered in wounds). Defeating the council seems a bit much though. What can they pull now?
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 22:16   Link #9377
Qilin
Romanticist

Well, having read the chapter, I don't see what the hate is all about.

You can hardly deny that Emukae got her precious character development here. I mean, if that's the sole base of the complaints, then I really can't agree. This chapter built up her character much more elaborately than any that I remember.

Spoiler for speculation heavy:
Old 2012-06-13, 22:30   Link #9378
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by [HearT] View Post
Most people hated the chapter???? well, gee, I absolutely adored the chapter♥ so there♥
it was great to see the council's ass' get kicked, and I loved the character development with Emukae♥ (I quite like her new 'haircut', I hope she keeps the sideburns~) And this screwdriver girl is awesome! she kinda reminds me of Kumagawa for some reason... Heh It'll be a good fight~~ I'm sooooooo looking forward to the next chapter!♥
People here, elsewhere people loved it. But that's besides the point, I found it rather enjoyable, albeit a bit short.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 22:46   Link #9379
Meltyred

I think Kumagawa got there by:
1. Was left behind by the Medaka's Group
2. Used All Fiction to make it so the fact that Kumagawa never leaved.
3. Kumagawa likes to stalk people.

But anyway, if Kumagawa felt like it he could win now, since he has the ultimate law bending ability, All Fiction.
Maybe it could even make the fact XXX was born be erased.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 22:53   Link #9380
17Sevens

So... Nisio just mocked the "Important Haircut" trope. Didn't see that one coming.
17Sevens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council