Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-20, 23:36   Link #3221
NissanNut
Mochi Addict

Send a message via AIM to NissanNut
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Is that guy doing that on purpose? >_>;;
Has to be because he has a small ePenii.
Old 2007-09-20, 23:39   Link #3222
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
is it just me or was today the highest count in the rush..
i counted 14, including the late ones...
Old 2007-09-20, 23:39   Link #3223
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Send a message via AIM to neutralizer
I made it home 5 minutes before the rush and I made it! I'm #937. I thought I'd be late because I clicked it at 13:31:59 because I was distracted by an IM, but somehow I made it at that same time.

It's nice to see so many votes for Hinagiku. I'm pretty confident that she'll win. This haiku made me go "awww":

In the end, you may not win
Hayate's heart, but you
have won ours.
Old 2007-09-20, 23:41   Link #3224
todkapuz
Seiza + Katana = Ai-daiyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3phyr.mp3 View Post
is it just me or was today the highest count in the rush..
i counted 14, including the late ones...
seems that way... look at the thread lurkers to THIS thread right now:

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 28 (15 members and 13 guests)
todkapuz, melange, z3phyr.mp3, margafred, neutralizer, NissanNut, Teiran, Christen, Aya Reiko, OverFunk, KaneDragon, leofish, Furudanuki, zeezaa

edit: condensed rush

editedit:

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 37 (17 members and 20 guests)
todkapuz, Forever, margafred, Teiran, TrungDaiBang, OverFunk, z3phyr.mp3, Konata-chan, Aya Reiko, zeezaa, Mappy, Aird, melange, NissanNut, KaneDragon, leofish

(although I think some of this is from my cross link on Higu ... maybe?)

Last edited by todkapuz; 2007-09-20 at 23:53.
Old 2007-09-20, 23:44   Link #3225
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Quote:
Originally Posted by todkapuz View Post
*Head desk*

I keep forgetting how different Japan is at times....

*sigh* ... guessI'll go rank over here

And we'll see if any cooking show templates show up for upcoming higu gals.
Slight side thought...

But in the light of this, I'd die of laughter if either Studio DEEN or 07th Expansion quickly came up with something like this using any of the Higu girls:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPrM5f545H8

I can definitely see using Rena for something like this...
Old 2007-09-20, 23:45   Link #3226
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
seems that way... look at the thread lurkers to THIS thread right now:

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 28 (15 members and 13 guests)
todkapuz, melange, z3phyr.mp3, margafred, neutralizer, NissanNut, Teiran, Christen, Aya Reiko, OverFunk, KaneDragon, leofish, Furudanuki, zeezaa

edit: condensed rush
Ah i invited my friend too to join for the rush..although i think he's not that active in this thread

>> http://etc6.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/vote/1190308325/956
Old 2007-09-20, 23:48   Link #3227
Teiran
NPC
*Author

Oh man, I nearly died when I reloaded this page and saw the "Nice Boat" sig...

Well, I got to use the phrase "seitokaichou-moé" in a voting post; I'm satisfied.
Old 2007-09-20, 23:48   Link #3228
OverFunk
It will never be the year

You should do it 10 minutes later tomorrow, to see what happens.

About the nice food event, Rena herself has the match in 2 days, so let us be preparing some Nice food templates for Rena.

Ahhh, too bad Luna lost the advantage. And you'll stone me if I say that my last hope is fake voting. Well, Hinagiku is always great, and the anime needs more of her. I wonder what was the last episode where she had a main role. With Yuno, I'm hoping the opposite, that the advantage she has isn't due to fake votes.

Never forget
Old 2007-09-20, 23:51   Link #3229
todkapuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Ah i invited my friend too to join for the rush..although i think he's not that active in this thread

>> http://etc6.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/vote/1190308325/956
More the merrier... I hope that when we get to the semi/quarter/and finals ... we'll have a small army .... eh.. but maybe thats just a pipe dream..

@Aya Reiko --- that would be hilarious

@OverFunk --- I was thinking that I'd still advertise it at 13:32:00 on the 2ch thread... but announce it as 13:32:15 on here. The post seems to come withni the fisrt few seconds... too sneaky or complicated?
Old 2007-09-20, 23:51   Link #3230
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teiran View Post
Oh man, I nearly died when I reloaded this page and saw the "Nice Boat" sig...
xD

I just love the sig so much...can't stop laughing because of it..
Old 2007-09-20, 23:57   Link #3231
OverFunk

Quote:
@OverFunk --- I was thinking that I'd still advertise it at 13:32:00 on the 2ch thread... but announce it as 13:32:15 on here. The post seems to come withni the fisrt few seconds... too sneaky or complicated?
I don't know, since you there's no way to know that someone actually joins the rush from reading your ad. But I was actually going to suggest that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred
xD

I just love the sig so much...can't stop laughing because of it..
There's another version that reads "In the fyord, three ships met. Their engines have been changed in the season, and turned into thre nice boats".

Never forget
Old 2007-09-20, 23:58   Link #3232
NissanNut
Mochi Addict

Send a message via AIM to NissanNut
Quote:
That sounds like a pretty good idea.
Old 2007-09-21, 00:04   Link #3233
Agent86
Yuki-ist and Hina-geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Rush failed..thanks to post 942...

That was done on purpose i guess?

Maybe we should change the Rush time?
Is that guy doing that on purpose? >_>;;
Maybe we should, even just 30 seconds later would be enough to foil people like that.

I don't know if mis-announcing the rush time in 2ch would be the best idea, since it would also foil the friendlies who rush with us, like the Voice Party person. Unless he reads this thread too.

If we're going to announce our rush in 2ch, I think we have to accept the fact that malicious people might try to disrupt it - much, much worse things happen in 2ch all the time. It might be seen as poor sportsmanship on our part to announce a rush time and purposely rush at a slightly different time. If we're going to change the time, I suggest not announcing the rush time in 2ch at all, rather than mis-announce the time.

On another note, I've been using the 2ch Browser extension for Firefox, and it's pretty neat. It bypasses the cookie question when you post, and it gives you a post preview that will warn you if you're over the 2048 limit. It's not foolproof - I've gotten hit with the 2048 message when the post preview said I was OK, but I only missed by a few bytes. At least the warning will let you know when you have to do some serious post pruning. And it auto-refreshes the thread after you post - you won't get sent to that index page.

If you're a Firefox user and you're not already using this extension, you might want to give it a shot. It works fine for me without reconfiguring, just right-click on the link to the thread you want to use the 2ch Browser on, then open it using the bbs2chreader option. Just remember that the pencil icon in the bottom right corner of the browser will give you a pop-up window to use for posting, and that the usual thread refresh choices, (all, last 50, etc) are available in the MENU button in the upper right corner.

But don't use it for rushing until you get familiar with it It's available at the Mozilla add-ons site:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1560
Old 2007-09-21, 00:10   Link #3234
todkapuz

I think the course of action will be I'll adjust us back 15 seconds tomorrow.. and announce both there and here as such.... if mr. fake votes moves back 15 seconds... then'll we'll look at more drastic measures.

edit: of course I say that.. and there is a chance I will not make the rush tomorrow.... being a Friday night class night.
Old 2007-09-21, 00:13   Link #3235
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Anyone know why my text looks like this? It's not aligned which makes the art looks weird. For some reason, my laptop's text works just fine though.

Spoiler for show:
Old 2007-09-21, 00:19   Link #3236
OverFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutralizer View Post
Anyone know why my text looks like this? It's not aligned which makes the art looks weird. For some reason, my laptop's text works just fine though.

Spoiler for show:
Must be your browser/computer, the post looks fine from here at least, so don't worry much.

Never forget
Old 2007-09-21, 00:19   Link #3237
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent86 View Post
On another note, I've been using the 2ch Browser extension for Firefox, and it's pretty neat. It bypasses the cookie question when you post, and it gives you a post preview that will warn you if you're over the 2048 limit. It's not foolproof - I've gotten hit with the 2048 message when the post preview said I was OK, but I only missed by a few bytes. At least the warning will let you know when you have to do some serious post pruning. And it auto-refreshes the thread after you post - you won't get sent to that index page.

If you're a Firefox user and you're not already using this extension, you might want to give it a shot. It works fine for me without reconfiguring, just right-click on the link to the thread you want to use the 2ch Browser on, then open it using the bbs2chreader option. Just remember that the pencil icon in the bottom right corner of the browser will give you a pop-up window to use for posting, and that the usual thread refresh choices, (all, last 50, etc) are available in the MENU button in the upper right corner.

But don't use it for rushing until you get familiar with it It's available at the Mozilla add-ons site:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1560
i have the extension installed but i don't know how to use it... and it's main site is in japanese which i can't read..

Quote:

Spoiler for show:
it looks fine to me...
Old 2007-09-21, 00:21   Link #3238
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Well the reason why i using Mozilla FireFox up until now is because of IE6 incompatibility with the voting page...and that happens during the preliminary rounds.Never knew about the bytes feature though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverFunk View Post
There's another version that reads "In the fyord, three ships met. Their engines have been changed in the season, and turned into thre nice boats".
I had to modify the whole sig,before the mods come and ban my sig for the 2nd time..

The new Nice Boat motto for my sigs >> In the school three guys met. And the school becomes a nice boat FTW
Old 2007-09-21, 00:24   Link #3239
todkapuz

Quote:

Spoiler for show:
That's how my art and templates look when they are in the input box.. but they awlays look fine when displayed on the thread..... I haven't quite worked out the issue.... but I know it has to do with the (rather poor) handling of japanese based fonts when using the english default with japanese support on.

edit, Like so:
Spoiler for big...:
Old 2007-09-21, 00:28   Link #3240
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

For better comparison:

Spoiler for good text:

Spoiler for bad text:

Both from Windows machines running Firefox. I'm so confused as to why my laptop displays the text in such a better way than my desktop. I don't know why the spacing is just weird on the bad text version.
Closed Thread