AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-09-05, 19:12   Link #1801
strategos

I am a bit confuse here with this article of DGM: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...er-year-hiatus
Are all this publishers, belong to Shonnen Jump?

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 19:18   Link #1802
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

DGM is moving to Jump Square, a monthly magazine by the same publisher.
Old 2009-09-13, 04:40   Link #1803
karthak
Baruk Khazad

Gotten to chapter 59 of this series. It's got interesting characters, but since I don't like christianity and this series is drowning in mentions of god, I'm not sure if I will continue reading.
karthak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 19:20   Link #1804
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthak View Post
Gotten to chapter 59 of this series. It's got interesting characters, but since I don't like christianity and this series is drowning in mentions of god, I'm not sure if I will continue reading.
Japanese references to Christianity are extremely skewed and have more to do with foreign appeal than actual meaning. Any fundamentalist xian would consider this series pretty heretical.
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 11:07   Link #1805
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

188 Raw Is Out ...
Hellhole
Old 2009-11-01, 02:58   Link #1806
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Its Out

Awesome Chapter Finally Knew Who Alma Karma Is
Old 2009-11-01, 03:58   Link #1807
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Less confusing than the previous one too, I get this slight feeling that next chapter will be a massacre...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 09:49   Link #1808
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Finally chapter out .

Ow , there are in bad situation .
I don't get , what is the relations between Kanda and Alma ?
Allen come back ! Kick their ass , well it'll be hard vs all .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 11:21   Link #1809
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Dunno, Hoshino sensei seems to have lost her touch. Or at least she doesn't seem able to present a coherent idea since that copy incident. I mean, I do get what it is happening, but it doesn't flow so well anymore. *shrugs*
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 15:22   Link #1810
Casshern

I don't like the new D.Gray-man.

The Noah after their makeover look like gay strippers. I miss the old Road Camelot and Tykki Mikk, and the old Earl was better too. Where is Allen's crowned clown? Miranda, Lavi, Noise, Bookman, no longer significant characters? Are we just gonna be looking at prettyboys now? Too many new characters for any of them to be worth damn.

The previous arc was completely retarded as a follow-up to the Cross Marian disappearance/murder arc. Last I checked, Allen was being persecuted for containing the 14th and possibly killing Cross, which was an awesome arc. Then, after several months off and without resolving that arc, Hoshino jumps into some pointless irrelevant story about a retarded jewel thief.

Now she completely drops that story and starts another arc which looks like a repeat of the previous invasion, except the noah are gay now.

What really annoys me, is that it seems like time in the DGM universe has been rolling on in Hoshino's head during her off time and we're left with loose threads trying to figure out what the fuck is going on. She doesn't even start her new damn arc linearly, she just jumps into it half way through and gives explanations later, as if we're inside her head and know exactly what's been going on in DGM for the past year.

As far as I'm concerned, the last thing that happened in DGM was General Cross disappearing. I'm not buying a single volume of this crap she's publishing now.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 18:22   Link #1811
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, thanks for letting us know your opinion.

Waiting for more chaps. Next month's J Square awaits.
Old 2009-11-02, 05:53   Link #1812
kitten320

I somehow didn't get the whole story between Alma and Kanda... can someone explain?

Somehow this time they were invaded way too easily... really hope that Allen won't switch on his plotkai and defeat all enemies.

I want Tyki with his short hair
Old 2009-11-02, 07:18   Link #1813
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
awesome chapter... D: I want moar~
when's the next one coming out >.<
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 07:24   Link #1814
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
I don't like the new D.Gray-man.

The Noah after their makeover look like gay strippers. I miss the old Road Camelot and Tykki Mikk, and the old Earl was better too. Where is Allen's crowned clown? Miranda, Lavi, Noise, Bookman, no longer significant characters? Are we just gonna be looking at prettyboys now? Too many new characters for any of them to be worth damn.

So true, so sad..
Really before those montly releases DGM was much better. Now it's really become fancy and homo.
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 07:29   Link #1815
andrewsch5658
*Author

Oh my, it's been so long since I last post in this site. Am glad D Gray Man's back, even if it's monthly

Love both cover and color pages.xD

I love the Earl(both human and Noah form) even more especially when he transform from human to Noah form.xD
Good side is in big trouble, wonder how they'll survive this. Freaking many level 4's.
ALLEN.......Why only 2 pages of you.

Awesome chapter as always.xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I somehow didn't get the whole story between Alma and Kanda... can someone explain?

Somehow this time they were invaded way too easily... really hope that Allen won't switch on his plotkai and defeat all enemies.

I want Tyki with his short hair
Basically, both Alma and Kanda are second exorcist and were apparently friends in the past. Then Alma went berserk and then Kanda torn him till he can't regenerate anymore. Please correct me if mistake.
The Earl's leading them, so of course it's easy.:P

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
awesome chapter... D: I want moar~
when's the next one coming out >.<
Should be around this time one month later, or earlier I hope.

Last edited by andrewsch5658; 2009-11-02 at 07:46.
andrewsch5658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 09:13   Link #1816
ffantasy24

Shit shit shit shit shit. Nearly crapped my pants when I saw the flashy update thumbnail with "DGM 188" winking back on the manga site. Holy hell, was not expecting it to be back this early in Nov (that sounds totally ironic considering how many long months we've waited) but GAHHHH!!!!DGM IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *roars*

Just read the chapter and agree with what most ppl have said. Yes, the plot doesnt seem to flow as well anymore. But am hoping this is all part of Hoshino's plan or else just a little rocky start back into the serialization. Everything's moving at 200km/hr and she needs to slow down. It will be too much of a shame to have dgm's plot messed up when it had been so good all the way up to this point. The Alma Karma story is a bit shocking at this point. I feel as though a bunch of cool but undeveloped info just got shoved down my throat and things are having a hard time getting digested. Kanda looks so vulnerable at this point it seems like he's gonna kick the can any moment.. god forbid that happens. It's gonna take some time to get used to the art changes too..though it's generally likeable. The characters look fleshy and real and that gets their emotions across well. Johnny's mental naration was quite moving.

Be back with more fully processed thoughts. For now I'll keep my hopes up in that the plot will smooth out soon when Hoshino manages to find her footing again.
ffantasy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 09:23   Link #1817
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I think the good guys are out of luck, and while it's bad to always have overkill victories, the Earl's side has been pressuring the Order a lot lately...they still can't deal with LV4s easily and he already got a small noah army ready for action. The only "good" thing the Order has atm are ambiguous weapons that were made by stepping over to morally gray decisions and Allen, who they don't seem to trust all that much (well, at least the higher-ups don't).
Quote:
Basically, both Alma and Kanda are second exorcist and were apparently friends in the past. Then Alma went berserk and then Kanda torn him till he can't regenerate anymore. Please correct me if mistake.
Uuuh from what I figured, they were together for a while, then Alma was taken for further experimentation to develop the next exorcists while Kanda somehow got promoted to a first? I'll have to reread the entire thing, but I cba right now...
Old 2009-11-02, 13:38   Link #1818
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I must agree with (pretty much) everyone else that the flow feels a bit off in these past few chapters and the artwork looks odd. I don't know what exactly about the new artwork is annoying me but it just doesn't have as nice a style anymore. Plus with 50 million+ characters being introduced every chapter I want a set art style so I can tell them apart.
And I dunno what the plot is even doing anymore, we've gone from preparations from war to a full on war? Is anyone looking for the various innocents anymore?
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 14:54   Link #1819
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Nah, HQ is under attack...but I gotta say, from the chatting to the actual attack, there was little realization of what happened. Pretty much like reading a newspaper instead of a manga, I think it's because of the continuously expanding plot at this point, but if the author can manage it in the next few chapters and establish focus on a specific arc, the flow should be back to normal later on. As for the artwork...yes, it's become more generic, but it was to be expected; new characters are being introduced in dozens, even a month isn't enough to come up with that many different characters.
Old 2009-11-04, 21:22   Link #1820
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Everyone failed to notice that the Earl was Adam himself? And where's Eve?

Tags
action, manga, shounen, steampunk, supernatural