Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-05-16, 07:45   Link #14021
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by yongshun View Post
I would get the first season as it at lest follows the plot in the beginning season 2 is a panty gag show with Rosario characters.
lol panty gag show.

Best thing I herd all day.
Old 2010-05-16, 09:44   Link #14022
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
hence why I prefer my anime subbed first. That way I won't be wasting my money on shit... there's more to this, but I'm going to save that rant for another time and place
I don't get why they don't just license and release series with only subtitles. They don't all need dubs, in my opinion, none of them do since most of the time they just plain suck. Dubs, no matter what language, suck compared to the original. If you never listened to the original you may not know the difference but there is one, especially with Japanese.
Old 2010-05-16, 09:48   Link #14023
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Vampires are identified by the red pupils and youki flow. So if none is the wiser, they would assume that Tsukune is indeed a vampire.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 11:02   Link #14024
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I don't get why they don't just license and release series with only subtitles. They don't all need dubs, in my opinion, none of them do since most of the time they just plain suck. Dubs, no matter what language, suck compared to the original. If you never listened to the original you may not know the difference but there is one, especially with Japanese.
That's really not a hard and fast rule..
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 11:06   Link #14025
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Vampires are identified by the red pupils and youki flow. So if none is the wiser, they would assume that Tsukune is indeed a vampire.
That's correct. We already have previous examples of this, such as the case with the outcast Ayashi Tsukune confronted when he first turned into a ghoul. Their leader and the rest of the group all thought he is a Vampire, and his red eyes and distinctive demon energy gave that impression to them.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 11:28   Link #14026
Chris38

Well I definitly agree with what you said HayashiTakara ... well the only way for someone to learn that Tsukun'e power's aren't natural to him, is if he loses control and start's turning into a Ghoul or when someone uses something that vampire's are weak against and it doesn't affect him at all, since apart from that all of Tsukune's other attributes point foreword's Tskune being a vampire, which isn't correct.

So even when his abilities will be revealed to someone from the Fairy Tale organization, I think that they will mistake him as a vampire ... so he could get overlooked by the vampire society, for a little while, even when they become aware of his vampire abilities.

Going back to the discussion about chapter 30 ... I wondered how Tsukune and the girls are going to deal with Akuha and so far the only way I found that could lead to her being defeated is if Tsukune and Moka work together and fight as partner's against Akuha. (a two vs one duel ) I couldn't find anything else that they could do in this situation, and it would be a good way for Tsukune to show the progress that he has made in his training.

Last edited by Chris38; 2010-05-16 at 12:37.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 13:56   Link #14027
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Well I definitly agree with what you said HayashiTakara ... well the only way for someone to learn that Tsukun'e power's aren't natural to him, is if he loses control and start's turning into a Ghoul or when someone uses something that vampire's are weak against and it doesn't affect him at all, since apart from that all of Tsukune's other attributes point foreword's Tskune being a vampire, which isn't correct.

So even when his abilities will be revealed to someone from the Fairy Tale organization, I think that they will mistake him as a vampire ... so he could get overlooked by the vampire society, for a little while, even when they become aware of his vampire abilities.

Going back to the discussion about chapter 30 ... I wondered how Tsukune and the girls are going to deal with Akuha and so far the only way I found that could lead to her being defeated is if Tsukune and Moka work together and fight as partner's against Akuha. (a two vs one duel ) I couldn't find anything else that they could do in this situation, and it would be a good way for Tsukune to show the progress that he has made in his training.
On top of working together, they would have to find a way to exploit the weaknesses of the Vampires (water, silver bullets, etc). Because to me, it looks as if even Moka doesn't stand a chance against Akuha. That and it doesn't appear that Moka has as much experience in martial arts like Akuha does. It was never mentioned throughout the series, which leads me to think that perhaps, Moka's fighting style is based on the instinctual fighting methods employed by most vampires. Akuha, on the other hands, is different, and definitely more experienced.

That said, when even Moka isn't as great a fighter as Akuha, she would have to rely on some other menas to fight her, and Tsukune is possibly the very key she's been looking for to fight her. At any rate, she realized this after she began training him. It is quite clear that Moka loves Tsukune, but Inner Moka isn't motivated simply by her emotions as Outer Moka would be (as I said before). I'm sure Moka has other reasons for training Tsukune, so she certainly doesn't believe he is weak and cannot become powerful enough to stand against other real Vampires. I'm sure that Tsukune will eventually be on par with real Vampires in the future, but not those as strong as Akuha or Issa.
Old 2010-05-16, 15:34   Link #14028
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJack View Post
I will be volume six of the first season if they keep the picture of inner Moka in a wedding dress
lol
I'll second that. But I doubt they'll make any kind of big deal out of the box art.
Old 2010-05-16, 16:02   Link #14029
yongshun

I am think Funimation will release this as a thinpack season 1 then some time down the line season 2

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 16:10   Link #14030
GrrDraxin

All at once would be better in my opinion. Which is probably why it's release is in 2011 and not earlier.
Old 2010-05-16, 16:13   Link #14031
yongshun

considering their track record of releasing things it will be a two disc thin pack six episodes each. It would be better if they release it all at once but they wont.

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 16:17   Link #14032
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Got out of hospital on Friday so was able to read the chapter yay! Issa looks very vampiric and very 'hollywood', however the chapter was a little lacking in overall development, that said I can live with that because not only did we get to see Akuha being a bit awesome, but we got what looks to be some rather potent build up for the next chapter (this months chapter seemed relatively short page wise compared to some of them too).

I think next month's chapter is going to be quite awesome if they manage to snap out of the dream world

In terms of the anime being licensed...wonder who the voices will be? I'd imagine it'll probably be released 3-6 months apart, as 2 complete season releases.
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 16:49   Link #14033
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranuus View Post
In terms of the anime being licensed...wonder who the voices will be?
That's why I said I was surprised. It just doesn't seem like an anime that could be converted well into English dubs.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 23:07   Link #14034
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
because those used to watching stuff in English, as the group I hang out with once a week says, they'd rather "watch anime than have to read it"

then again, I'm a guy who loves to read, which is half the reason I love the fansubs and manga. Most english speakers want to be able to listen to the characters in their native language, not listen to the high-pitched voices that they wouldnn't be be familar with and also have to read it at the same time.

but, I have heard there are dubs which were better than the originals subs... but only because they changed the dialogue

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 00:03   Link #14035
Johnny
Working the bags...

I agree with Magin 100%. When I first started watching anime I only wanted to watch dubs. Then I started to watch subbed and after awhile went back to dub. Stopped after watching one show, because the voices sounded like crap compared to the original. They all seem the same to me with one generic male and one generic female voice. The subbed spoiled me and the rest is history...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 01:06   Link #14036
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
I agree with Magin 100%. When I first started watching anime I only wanted to watch dubs. Then I started to watch subbed and after awhile went back to dub. Stopped after watching one show, because the voices sounded like crap compared to the original. They all seem the same to me with one generic male and one generic female voice. The subbed spoiled me and the rest is history...
Japanese dubs probably all sound the same to Japanese speakers too

I keed, I keed. I too used to be enamoured with dubs, although Italian dubs rather than English ones. I then started watching subs and it just felt much more natural. There's only a few series where the dubs are better, such as Yu Yu Hakusho.
Old 2010-05-17, 02:57   Link #14037
GrrDraxin

Those Who Hunt Elves are also in that camp of good dubs in my opinion.
Old 2010-05-17, 04:31   Link #14038
Chris38

On some minor detail that kept me wondering why does Tsukune still refers to Moka as Moka-san. I mean it's not like they are stranger's anymore, which is the usual use of that honorific ... if I'm not mistaken. It has got me wondering since she's the only one of his "friends" that Tsukune uses this honorific when he is talking with her or brings her up in a discussion on some topic.

It's not like I have anything against him referring to her in this way, but it got me wondering and well I didn't quite take notice of this , before. (My attention was concentrated on more interesting stuff, ratter then small details like this one, for example.)

So does anyone has an idea what is the reason of this ?
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 04:46   Link #14039
GrimJack

I have always felt it is because he loves her so much and wants to talk to her with respect, but that is just my opinion.
GrimJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 04:51   Link #14040
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJack View Post
I have always felt it is because he loves her so much and wants to talk to her with respect, but that is just my opinion.
That and/or he simply considers her more important compared to everyone else. Besides, she was the very first person Tsukune met when he came to Youkai Academy (apart from the bus driver).

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire