AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-08-21, 19:59   Link #1
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Canceled games

Forget about Duke Nukem Forever. I just remembered Tecmo announced a 3D beat-'em-up and adventure game on PS2 almost a decade ago. The game was not titled but it promised gamers that you can play as Kasumi. The game also take place mostly in a high school, much like their own version of Bully even though it closer to Ikki Tousen and Tenjou Tenge. The biggest hype about the game is it takes place in Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive universe.

While nobody can give precise theory on how it was canceled but most people agree a similar beat-em-up game with RPG and adventure elements was released, it was Yakuza and it also made for PS2. It is safe to say that they used all budget for that game and used it on new Ninja Gaiden game in XBOX and Dead or Alive sequel as well.

While I hate to bring this one but nobody can forget Starfox 2.
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 21:40   Link #2
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Stargate SG-1: The Alliance...I'm a huge Stargate fan would have loved to play this game.
Old 2010-08-21, 22:24   Link #3
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Stargate SG-1: The Alliance...I'm a huge Stargate fan would have loved to play this game.
This, I'm also a huge huge fan of the SG series and was really really looking forward to this, it's a real shame whats happened to it. Can only hope it starts up again.

Starcraft Ghost is another title I wanted to see
Old 2010-08-21, 23:36   Link #4
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Time Splitters 4
Old 2010-08-21, 23:45   Link #5
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

A loooong time ago in a gaming site just a click away, there was an article about a new console Rpg. It had an underwater setting and all the main characters where mermaids (images were included with the article, btw).

I never heard a thing about this game ever again and I still wonder if the project got cancelled or if the game simply went below my radar.

The article likely included the name of the game as well but alas, I cannot seem to remember it atm.
Old 2010-08-22, 03:56   Link #6
SvenCalBayan

Anyone remember Xenosaga...

The game was supposed to be at first a 6 part series. 6 episodes, and Episode 5 was rumored to be a remake of Xenogears. Xenosaga : Episode I and Episode II were scheduled to be released on the PS2, and they were. The rumors started in 2004-2005 that the next episode (III) was supposed to be released on the PS3 in 2006. Then another rumor came around the same time, that the 6 part series was going to be cut short to 3. There was even another rumor back in early 2006 that 2 new titles for unknown platforms were going to be made, these titles were Xenosaga : Frontier and Xenosaga : Exceed. Finally, one of the rumors came true... the series was cut down to 3, so there was but one episode left. The producers judged that it would be better to finish the series on the PS2, and so Xenosaga : Episode III came to be in july 2006, 5 months before the release of the PS3.

Lately, it seems that the JRPG Xenoblade for Wii might be connectd somehow to Xenosaga... but that's highly unlikely. I know so little of the game, so these are just assumptions.

It would be nice to have an new Xenosaga title for the HD consoles (PS3, 360 or both, I don't mind).
SvenCalBayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 09:00   Link #7
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

There was this one fighting game called Evil Zone. The special commentary that you could unlock, mentioned a sequel. Though it never happened. Kind of sad since the game was fun. I suppose the game didn't sell very well.
Old 2010-08-22, 10:33   Link #8
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Psuedo-hijack

Related to this would be the matter of interesting games or concepts that seem to have been left to rot on the proverbial shelf. In my opinion one of the star examples of this would be Activision's 1998 reimagining of Battlezone as a 'first-person RTS', which incidentally predates the multiplayer mode of C&C: Renegade.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 04:59   Link #9
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenCalBayan View Post

The game was supposed to be at first a 6 part series. 6 episodes, and Episode 5 was rumored to be a remake of Xenogears. Xenosaga : Episode I and Episode II were scheduled to be released on the PS2, and they were. The rumors started in 2004-2005 that the next episode (III) was supposed to be released on the PS3 in 2006. Then another rumor came around the same time, that the 6 part series was going to be cut short to 3. There was even another rumor back in early 2006 that 2 new titles for unknown platforms were going to be made, these titles were Xenosaga : Frontier and Xenosaga : Exceed. Finally, one of the rumors came true... the series was cut down to 3, so there was but one episode left. The producers judged that it would be better to finish the series on the PS2, and so Xenosaga : Episode III came to be in july 2006, 5 months before the release of the PS3.

Lately, it seems that the JRPG Xenoblade for Wii might be connectd somehow to Xenosaga... but that's highly unlikely. I know so little of the game, so these are just assumptions.

It would be nice to have an new Xenosaga title for the HD consoles (PS3, 360 or both, I don't mind).
Do remember hearing it was going to be a 6 part series, but got cut back. Didn't hear that the 5th might be a Xenogears remake though.

I'd go with StarCraft: Ghost as another one. Thought it looked pretty interesting mostly for the multiplayer side of it. Getting right into the individual units would have made a different kind of StarCraft experience.
Old 2010-08-23, 05:07   Link #10
Xacual

I got to play the Starcraft Ghost multiplayer at the first Blizzcon it was really fun. Though I think it was a little unbalanced in favor of terran at least in the one map. The Terran vs Terran capture the command center level was a lot of fun though.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 06:39   Link #11
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Before Estpolis Denki (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom outside of Japan), Never-land Company was working on Esteel, the game that chronologically came first. If I remember correctly, it was a NES title. It was cancelled in favour of the sequel Estpolis, which was already in the works for the SNES.

I know we've got Estpolis Denki II aka Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals, but that's not the game they originally had in mind. Plus it doesn't connect well with its sequel except for the very last part of the game.

In the same series, there was Estpolis Denki III aka Lufia: Ruins Chasers. It was to be a sequel to Estpolis Denki/Lufia and the Fortress of Doom on the PSX. It was cancelled for some reason and a different project took its place. That different project was Estpolis Denki: Yomigaeru Densetsu, known to us as Lufia: The Legend Returns.

According to Wikipedia there's yet another cancelled Lufia game, called Lufia: Beginning of a Legend, chronicling Maxim's early adventures.
Old 2010-08-23, 06:43   Link #12
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
There was this one fighting game called Evil Zone. The special commentary that you could unlock, mentioned a sequel. Though it never happened. Kind of sad since the game was fun. I suppose the game didn't sell very well.
Man I loved that game, when me and my mates got sick of playing whatever SF or Tekken game after a couple hours we would chuck that on. Oh god I use to make my little bro rage when I used that chick with the rings.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 07:03   Link #13
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Eyedentify..... i think.
Old 2010-08-25, 17:46   Link #14
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Man I loved that game, when me and my mates got sick of playing whatever SF or Tekken game after a couple hours we would chuck that on. Oh god I use to make my little bro rage when I used that chick with the rings.
Same here. Myself and friends loved Evil Zone. The game had potential gameplay wise if there was an sequel to it. It was different at the time which made it interesting. The story mode was awesome(Danzaiver!!!). The characters were alright, nothing special. However the music was simply awesome. I still remember when it came out and I saw the commercial on TV.

I wish Evil Zone and Psychic Force had sequels on the next-gen consoles. Gems that deserved it in my opinion.

Last edited by SonOfHeaven; 2010-08-25 at 18:03.
SonOfHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 19:06   Link #15
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

There was a great Superman in development around 2007 that got canceled because the game studio went under. It's a shame too, it looked absolutely perfect.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 10:57   Link #16
Dobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenCalBayan View Post

Im glad to not be the only one to have this chime in.

If I remember correctly, Xenoblade isn't going to be connected, other than the company putting "Xeno" to indicate that they are still alive and this is their latest game.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 11:07   Link #17
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Yes. Originally Xenosaga was meant to be 6 episodes, but they settled with Zarathustra being the closing act due to budget concerns.

Zarathustra was such a troll move. It left me wanting more. With the curtain call made by chaos, I can't help but feel there was mroe to see.

No.1 Albedo fan. I love insta-regenerating Mr. Giggles with a pechant of scaring the hell out of lolis. Too bad you couldn't get him as a aprty member. Him and Rubedo? Hell. Nigredo, Albedo, and Rubedo would be the new Team Trinity!

*shot*
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 15:16   Link #18
colorles
kid

anything for the Sega Dreamcast; lol the Dreamcast is like the canceled gem of consoles
colorles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 00:12   Link #19
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Iam a fighting game fan.

Why Capcom WHY?!! :sob: Iam still bitter about this.

Capcom Fighting All Stars.

Another is Final Fight 7 Sons.
Old 2010-08-27, 01:08   Link #20
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Pretty much any Babylon 5 game.